Author Topic: Duck Keyboard Weights AND BACK INSERTS- Orion V3  (Read 52987 times)

Offline sJ1N

Re: Duck Keyboard Weights AND BACK INSERTS- Orion V3
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 04 July 2019, 13:34:15 »
Thanks for the update ! If i were to combine the shipping of weight + back insert to the EU would that safe a lot compared to 2 seperate shipments ? Still thinking of going that route possibly but i have no idea how much of a difference that would actually make in the end  :-\

Offline smittysteve

• Tea > Coffee. Clack > Thwock.
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 04 July 2019, 14:44:51 »
Oh, and is it just lighting on the weight, some of the letter on the Orion word doesn't looked filled in (black)?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Yes, good eye. There isn’t supposed to be a fill on these. That is some of the polish in the letters left behind. I’m going to tinker with it this weekend - see if I can get it out with a q-tip or something. It looks super cool in my opinion, but as you noticed, it’s not 100% filled. I’ll just leave it as is in my own, but I’ll investigate removal as well.

Offline smittysteve

« Reply #52 on: Thu, 04 July 2019, 15:01:41 »
Thanks for the update ! If i were to combine the shipping of weight + back insert to the EU would that safe a lot compared to 2 seperate shipments ? Still thinking of going that route possibly but i have no idea how much of a difference that would actually make in the end  :-\

For Euro-land, it will be pretty significant, I think. It’s about free to include the insert with the weight for the additional mass. Sending the insert on its own will be ~$8-ish (best guess).

Offline Carlobv

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 04 July 2019, 19:24:36 »
I got my invoice today. I’d prefer to wait until the  inserts are done for combined shipping. Is that ok?

Offline sJ1N

« Reply #54 on: Thu, 04 July 2019, 20:23:20 »

For Euro-land, it will be pretty significant, I think. It’s about free to include the insert with the weight for the additional mass. Sending the insert on its own will be ~$8-ish (best guess).

Alright i wouldn't mind waiting until the inserts are ready as well then !  :)

Offline dyrdevil

« Reply #55 on: Fri, 05 July 2019, 18:32:59 »
Thanks for the update. Pm sent regarding shipping timeline.
« Last Edit: Sat, 06 July 2019, 14:37:12 by dyrdevil »

Offline smittysteve

« Reply #56 on: Sat, 20 July 2019, 01:11:43 »
Hi All,

A batch of weights went out yesterday. If you're in it, I just sent tracking info and they should be arriving tomorrow. I'm excited for you all to have these in hand. I'm trying my best to get these to you ahead of/ concurrent with the boards arriving stateside. I do apologize for being a bit behind again here - the move has been a bear. We don't have a place yet, so we are crashing with family for now. Since I've lost my workshop and my MIL would probably be fairly unsympathetic if I fill her kitchen table up with brass, I'm literally carrying around all of these bad boys in my car. I went over by a park the other day and packed up orders over lunch. It's pretty funny- I got some looks. Whatever, they're just jealous they don't have brass coming for their Duck boards. :)

I just finished up a few major work/ life things, so I'm going to do my darndest to have the rest of these out the door by next Friday. I think it's do-able, I have about 25 or so left to ship. If you haven't told me to hold on to your order to combine with inserts, please make sure to message me. I'm shipping all the weights unless you've asked me to hang on.

Insert order form will open up Tuesday and will probably only be open for a week or two. I want to get those on the way and I'll probably pay for them ahead of collecting from y'all again, but that's a bit TBD.

Have a good weekend!

Offline typischt

« Reply #57 on: Fri, 26 July 2019, 04:02:44 »
Looking forward to the weight and l‘m also interested in the back-insert. Sent out an email regarding shipping together, hopefully still in time before the shipping. :)

Offline eugenez90

« Reply #58 on: Sun, 04 August 2019, 22:38:03 »
any eta for polished weights shipment? Does your earlier batch that you shipped include any polished or engraved ones?

Offline iEatPuppers

« Reply #59 on: Sat, 10 August 2019, 20:01:57 »
Hi Steve, would you be able to provide an update on the remaining weights and/or inserts? I imagine a bunch of people would have received their boards within the last week or so.

Offline smittysteve

« Reply #60 on: Thu, 15 August 2019, 17:43:42 »
Hi All,

Thanks so much for your patience and kind words as we've been moving. It's been a bear, but it's all good. Something fun about living in a two-bedroom apt with three kids and two dogs while we wait for the house. I mean there's also something horrendous about it. But I love it. And I really appreciate your patience. The weights have been in my car safe and sound through the whole move. It's just been hard to find the time and space to crunch through the rest of the shipping.

I have about 10 more boxes that will go out tomorrow. I'll send tracking after those hit the post. Hope to pack the next 10 over the weekend. I know boards are in your hands - my board is in my hands and I want you all to build these babies!!

A quick note on that... forgive that I didn't take it out of the plastic yet, but the fit on the weights is perfect. Whew. :) :) :)

I've just sent invoices for those who have ordered in the last week or two. If you think you should have an invoice at this point and don't, please PM me.

We are down to three engraved weights left and about 15 polished. I don't have any more raw weights- I polished all of the extras before leaving Tucson. I don't plan on running these again, so if you have been waiting, don't wait much longer! :)

INSERTS. Leggo.

https://forms.gle/G6i5T8RwB6iZ1fkz7

Details are in the form... offering carbon fiber, wood and silver acrylic. I will most likely watch the initial trend and then pay upfront/ order with some extras for those that miss the form. If you want an insert, please click above. If you need to work out payment terms, just message me. I don't mind spotting you for it as long as needed - I just want an accurate count and want everyone who wants one to get one!  :thumb: :thumb:

Think that's it for now. PM me with any questions.

Offline Broseph

« Reply #61 on: Thu, 15 August 2019, 18:18:33 »
Hi All,

Thanks so much for your patience and kind words as we've been moving. It's been a bear, but it's all good. Something fun about living in a two-bedroom apt with three kids and two dogs while we wait for the house. I mean there's also something horrendous about it. But I love it. And I really appreciate your patience. The weights have been in my car safe and sound through the whole move. It's just been hard to find the time and space to crunch through the rest of the shipping.

I have about 10 more boxes that will go out tomorrow. I'll send tracking after those hit the post. Hope to pack the next 10 over the weekend. I know boards are in your hands - my board is in my hands and I want you all to build these babies!!

A quick note on that... forgive that I didn't take it out of the plastic yet, but the fit on the weights is perfect. Whew. :) :) :)

Show Image

Show Image

I've just sent invoices for those who have ordered in the last week or two. If you think you should have an invoice at this point and don't, please PM me.

We are down to three engraved weights left and about 15 polished. I don't have any more raw weights- I polished all of the extras before leaving Tucson. I don't plan on running these again, so if you have been waiting, don't wait much longer! :)

INSERTS. Leggo.

Details are in the form... offering carbon fiber, wood and silver acrylic. I will most likely watch the initial trend and then pay upfront/ order with some extras for those that miss the form. If you want an insert, please click above. If you need to work out payment terms, just message me. I don't mind spotting you for it as long as needed - I just want an accurate count and want everyone who wants one to get one!  :thumb: :thumb:

I don't see it mentioned anywhere, but what is the expected time frame for the insert?

Offline dyrdevil

« Reply #62 on: Thu, 15 August 2019, 23:05:18 »
This is great! Is the silver acrylic a mirror effect?

Offline rora

• Summitcables
« Reply #63 on: Fri, 16 August 2019, 16:11:31 »
Really nice work, def getting CF to match my jane v2 ce

Thanks for the amazing work steve!
Heavensward

Matrix 8x V2.0 Blue | Matrix 8x V2.0 Tiffany Blue | LZ SE MP | TGR Jane V2 Blue Grey | TGR Jane V2 Pink | TGR Jane V2 CE | Keycult No2, Rev1 | Keycult No2, Rev1 | TGR 910 CE | TGRxSinga Unikorn | Orion V3 | Xeno | Mira SE | Kmac Happy | Kyuu | QXP | LZ CLS H | Poly Singa | TXCP | E6V2 FE

Offline minhvo

« Reply #64 on: Wed, 28 August 2019, 04:39:57 »
Hi All,

Did pm you last 2 weeks, please check your message. Thank you.

Offline cuongcan2020

« Reply #65 on: Wed, 28 August 2019, 10:30:22 »
Hi All,

A batch of weights went out yesterday. If you're in it, I just sent tracking info and they should be arriving tomorrow. I'm excited for you all to have these in hand. I'm trying my best to get these to you ahead of/ concurrent with the boards arriving stateside. I do apologize for being a bit behind again here - the move has been a bear. We don't have a place yet, so we are crashing with family for now. Since I've lost my workshop and my MIL would probably be fairly unsympathetic if I fill her kitchen table up with brass, I'm literally carrying around all of these bad boys in my car. I went over by a park the other day and packed up orders over lunch. It's pretty funny- I got some looks. Whatever, they're just jealous they don't have brass coming for their Duck boards. :)

I just finished up a few major work/ life things, so I'm going to do my darndest to have the rest of these out the door by next Friday. I think it's do-able, I have about 25 or so left to ship. If you haven't told me to hold on to your order to combine with inserts, please make sure to message me. I'm shipping all the weights unless you've asked me to hang on.

Insert order form will open up Tuesday and will probably only be open for a week or two. I want to get those on the way and I'll probably pay for them ahead of collecting from y'all again, but that's a bit TBD.

Have a good weekend!

Just sent you a pm regarding my shipping address.

Offline smittysteve

« Reply #66 on: Wed, 28 August 2019, 10:44:58 »
Really nice work, def getting CF to match my jane v2 ce

Thanks for the amazing work steve!

Thank you!

Hi All,

Have a good weekend!

Just sent you a pm regarding my shipping address.

Got it, thanks. Shipping address updated.

Hi All,

Did pm you last 2 weeks, please check your message. Thank you.

Sorry- missed your message. Replied now.

Offline smittysteve

« Reply #67 on: Wed, 28 August 2019, 10:48:17 »
This is great! Is the silver acrylic a mirror effect?

The silver is not a mirror effect, but I think it has some cool texture to it. I'm going on the recommendation of my supplier on this one - they say this type of acrylic turns out well. I really wanted to do something funky, but everything we tried needed layering and processing and I wasn't confident they would turn out nicely/ be durable enough.

Hi All,

Show Image

Show Image

INSERTS. Leggo.

I don't see it mentioned anywhere, but what is the expected time frame for the insert?

Thanks- forgot to mention this. The timeline for the inserts is about 1 month. Posting a proper update on the inserts in a few minutes.

Offline smittysteve

« Reply #68 on: Wed, 28 August 2019, 12:19:10 »
Hi All-

Shipped two batches of weights last week. I'm running to post office with more as often as possible. I'll pass along tracking as soon as yours is out the door. So far, it's been all US orders - sorry international folk. I'll get the international orders moving asap.

Weights - still some polished weights available. The engraved weights are all spoken for, but I have about 20 polished weights remaining. Please fill out an order form if you'd like to get a polished weight.

Everything fits perfectly and looks awesome. I have no workshop right now, but I'm super freaking excited to build this board!

Weight order form: https://forms.gle/i6Sa9qDyCFsp98QC9

INSERTS

Orders have been a little slow, I'll post on MM today too. The Orion V3 is crying for an insert as you've seen if you have unpacked your board, and I want anyone who wants one to have an insert. However, I need to make the order by Friday to get these moving. I will pay in advance for the inserts and will get extras but am not going to over-order too much as to not take too hard of a bath on it. This means if you want an insert, please order by Friday to guarantee you get one. I will place the order Friday afternoon with the vendor and then we should be shipping those out within one month from then. As usual, if you want an insert for your board, but you're strung out on 4 (of the what 7 or 8??!!??) GMK set buys this month and just joined for an Octagon V3 (!!), just let me know and I'll work out an insert now/ pay later situation - no worries.

I put this all in the form but adding it here too. These are pics from Duck's Instagram and this round, with the move and all, I've kept it simple and mirrored what Duck did. You have three options to choose from on the inserts: carbon fiber, wood and silver acrylic. The pics below are NOT prototypes- they are straight from Duck's insta - but we should end up with something very close to these.

Carbon Fiber ($40 shipped CONUS):

Wood ($22 shipped CONUS):

Silver Acrylic ($30 shipped CONUS):

The inserts are held on by double-sided tape, there are no screw mount holes, just FYI.

Orion V3 Back Insert Order Form: https://forms.gle/PBFzwDC1aVn97Shx9

Any questions, please PM me here, PM on Discord or send me an email.

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #69 on: Wed, 28 August 2019, 14:08:44 »
Any idea if this insert is the same size as the Octagon v3 as well?

Offline smittysteve

« Reply #70 on: Wed, 28 August 2019, 14:15:37 »

Yes, this is a good question. I believe it is, but I'm double-checking with Duck. I think you should be able to order an insert now and get ahead for Octagon V3. I believe the weight is the same too, but again, am checking.

Either way, I'll most likely run weights and inserts for Octagon V3 after getting everything tied up here on Orion V3.

Offline 82d28a

« Reply #71 on: Wed, 28 August 2019, 14:48:41 »

Yes, this is a good question. I believe it is, but I'm double-checking with Duck. I think you should be able to order an insert now and get ahead for Octagon V3. I believe the weight is the same too, but again, am checking.

Either way, I'll most likely run weights and inserts for Octagon V3 after getting everything tied up here on Orion V3.

Big thanks buddy for all your hard work.

Offline smittysteve

« Reply #72 on: Thu, 29 August 2019, 08:18:17 »
Can confirm - the INSERT is the same size on the new Octagon V3. The inserts running here WILL work in Octagon V3.

The weight is different between them - so we'll make a run of weights for Octagon V3 after wrapping up the Orion V3 shipping.

Offline haingo1094

• @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #73 on: Thu, 29 August 2019, 13:36:06 »
Can confirm - the INSERT is the same size on the new Octagon V3. The inserts running here WILL work in Octagon V3.

The weight is different between them - so we'll make a run of weights for Octagon V3 after wrapping up the Orion V3 shipping.

Can w8 for my weight come to Canada soon

Offline AuDiTH

« Reply #74 on: Thu, 12 September 2019, 19:04:28 »
What's the status on shipping orders?
SSK | AEK64 | TX-CP | HHKB | Acrylic Pearl | Duck Orion V3 | LZ MP | Kyuu Sakura
Currently joined GBs:
GMK British Racing Green
GMK ThinkCaps
SA 8010

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #75 on: Thu, 12 September 2019, 19:57:32 »
Cool i'll grab a polished one. Thanks!
-Dana

Offline 82d28a

« Reply #76 on: Tue, 17 September 2019, 08:34:29 »
Any updates when weights will ship would be appreciated.

Offline smittysteve

« Reply #77 on: Wed, 18 September 2019, 15:06:24 »
Hi All,

Had a bit of work travel last week so nothing moved. However, we're back in action - 12 orders went out the door yesterday and tracking has been sent to those fine folks. I'm trying to catch up and have all the orders that aren't waiting for inserts out by mid next week. Next batch will also include the first of the international orders to get out. Sorry non-CONUS folks, it's a fair amount of work to get those out, so I've been knocking off the easier ones.

Inserts - no update. Should have an ETA from the manufacturer in the next week-ish. I haven't started invoicing for those yet, so you haven't missed anything. Need to send those babies out soon. :)

Have a good one!

Offline Smoff

• 817 785
    • Youtube
« Reply #78 on: Wed, 18 September 2019, 15:55:28 »
Hi All,

Had a bit of work travel last week so nothing moved. However, we're back in action - 12 orders went out the door yesterday and tracking has been sent to those fine folks. I'm trying to catch up and have all the orders that aren't waiting for inserts out by mid next week. Next batch will also include the first of the international orders to get out. Sorry non-CONUS folks, it's a fair amount of work to get those out, so I've been knocking off the easier ones.

Inserts - no update. Should have an ETA from the manufacturer in the next week-ish. I haven't started invoicing for those yet, so you haven't missed anything. Need to send those babies out soon. :)

Have a good one!
So, did I get a engraved weight or did I miss it? Or have you not counted everything yet? You never got back to me on dc haha
Current boards: Matrix 1.2 OG | Matrix 8xv2.0 | Cherry g80-1000 | Cherry g80-3000 | Matrix 2.0add | Matrix Noah

Boards on the way: Duck Orion v2.5 | Matrix Falcon

Previous boards: BOK.CP | Duck Orion v3 | Mech27v2 | HHKB pro2 x3 | Cherry g80-11800 | NIU mini | Klippe r1 | Brutal60 | Duck Unicorn x Legend | Duck jetfire | Cherry g80-1800 | IDB60 | PC Salamander | Lin Whale r2 | LZ Physix | Duck Viper v3 |

Offline minhvo

« Reply #79 on: Mon, 23 September 2019, 06:09:26 »
Hi,

How about my order? is it include in the orders below? You did tell me will ship almost 1 month but not yet receive tracking number :(

Thank you.

Hi All,

Have a good one!

Offline smittysteve

« Reply #80 on: Thu, 26 September 2019, 14:21:46 »
Hi,

How about my order? is it include in the orders below? You did tell me will ship almost 1 month but not yet receive tracking number :(

Thank you.

Yes, yours went out last week - I sent tracking information to your gmail immediately.

I've just sent another armload out - tracking numbers for those are in your inboxes.

Going to punch through another big bunch this weekend, including international orders.

Have a good one.
Steve

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #81 on: Thu, 26 September 2019, 16:40:36 »
Steve, send you email about the weight you sent me, can you check?  Thanks.

Offline Carlobv

« Reply #82 on: Fri, 11 October 2019, 19:05:28 »
Emailed two days ago but will try here

I just wanted to check on my weight.  I paid 8/22 and haven't heard anything yet.  I did mention that I would wait for the back inserts, but haven't heard anything on that either.  I did fill out that form for a carbon fiber.

Please let me know what's going on.  I'd probably rather not wait on the insert at this point since shipping seems to be included and it's been quite a while.

Offline dyrdevil

« Reply #83 on: Sat, 12 October 2019, 00:36:21 »
does anyone have a picture of the screws that came with these weights? I'm having a hard time finding mine after a move and wondering if I'm just confused.

EDIT:  found the provided screws.
« Last Edit: Sun, 10 November 2019, 20:44:12 by dyrdevil »

Offline sJ1N

« Reply #84 on: Tue, 22 October 2019, 08:29:14 »
hey steve, i sent an email 10 days ago but haven't got a response so trying my luck here. it seems there aren't any updates on the back inserts so at this point i would also prefer to have the weight shipped separately.

Offline haingo1094

• @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #85 on: Sat, 26 October 2019, 15:08:39 »
hey steve, i sent an email 10 days ago but haven't got a response so trying my luck here. it seems there aren't any updates on the back inserts so at this point i would also prefer to have the weight shipped separately.

Me too !!! he is keeping silence !! but anyone in Canada received the weight yet?

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #86 on: Sat, 26 October 2019, 15:32:22 »
I heard from Steve.  He is on travel and he sent my weight right before he left, that is why I didn't get a tracking number from him.

Offline higgga

« Reply #87 on: Sun, 10 November 2019, 19:48:27 »
Are the inserts still going to happen?  I would really like to get one.

Offline 82d28a

« Reply #88 on: Sun, 10 November 2019, 20:14:23 »
Yes same here!

Offline Smoff

• 817 785
    • Youtube
« Reply #89 on: Wed, 13 November 2019, 16:37:42 »
Sold my orion, no longer need the weight and back insert I never got invoiced for...

Current boards: Matrix 1.2 OG | Matrix 8xv2.0 | Cherry g80-1000 | Cherry g80-3000 | Matrix 2.0add | Matrix Noah

Boards on the way: Duck Orion v2.5 | Matrix Falcon

Previous boards: BOK.CP | Duck Orion v3 | Mech27v2 | HHKB pro2 x3 | Cherry g80-11800 | NIU mini | Klippe r1 | Brutal60 | Duck Unicorn x Legend | Duck jetfire | Cherry g80-1800 | IDB60 | PC Salamander | Lin Whale r2 | LZ Physix | Duck Viper v3 |

Offline iEatPuppers

« Reply #90 on: Thu, 28 November 2019, 06:52:38 »
Any progress with the inserts?

Offline wholypantalones

• text and icon mods plz.
« Reply #91 on: Sat, 07 December 2019, 19:13:09 »
Is there still a chance to pick up a weight, or am I sol?

Offline mlev6

« Reply #92 on: Mon, 06 January 2020, 16:22:52 »
Any plans to make an Octagon specific engraving design? Thanks!

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #93 on: Thu, 20 February 2020, 12:42:48 »
are there any plans to make a weight for duck viper/eagle v3?

Offline higgga

« Reply #94 on: Thu, 20 February 2020, 13:40:05 »
are there any plans to make a weight for duck viper/eagle v3?

He already did a gb for those, so it's just a matter if he wants to again.

Offline wholypantalones

• text and icon mods plz.
« Reply #95 on: Thu, 20 February 2020, 14:15:17 »
I've been in contact with smitty about a weight two weeks ago, but I've gotten no reply in about a week or heard anything since. Just FYI.