Author Topic: [IC] GMK Aegyptus ☥ - Groupbuy is now LIVE!  (Read 33720 times)

Offline Banned

Re: [IC] GMK Aegyptus
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 10 April 2021, 23:40:44 »
ghost renders pog! is this the first mechs and co set by a mechs and co employee? very nice!
Agreed, sGhost does great work - 10/10 would recommend.
Yes, this is the first keycap set designed by a Mechs & Co. employee! The pleasure is all mine. :D
Thank You for the support, I appreciate it.

Buying an Aaru is getting more expensive than I thought, already bought 1 themed set and looking forward to two more, including this one. Can't wait to see the collabs.

GLWIC & GB
I cannot wait to see GMK Aegyptus paired with the Aaru TKL. When it's done, you'll have to send me pictures of your build!
As for collabs, there are several already lined up and many more planned. I'll announce these as things like protos get made and details are finalized.
Stay tuned, thank you.

Any chance of adding a Arabic sub legend to the alphas?? I know the cost might be sharp, but I'm a sucker for the sub legends lol
I heavily considered Arabic sublegends. However, in the end I decided not to include them. As the inspiration for this set is Ancient Egypt, I came to the conclusion that Arabic sublegends just doesn't make sense to me. Nonetheless, I hope you will consider supporting GMK Aegyptus anyway.

nice novs

could we get a color comparison to GMK Civ?
I do think it is a little
close to Civ, a color comparison would
be nice
So we are already posting a set pretty much 1:1 with this that have barely already had GB: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=110816.0

https://imgur.com/gallery/aUietXE
Truthfully, I messed around with several colors for this set, poor sGhost can testify to that haha. The colors that I have decided on are ones that I believe best capture the image I had in my mind for GMK Aegyptus. It's rumored that Ancient Egypt was pristine white and gold, but to be honest, it was probably more cream/ivory than pristine white. I believe GMK L9 portrays that beautifully. Initially, I had contemplated WS2, WS1, and even RAL 9001 Cream for alpha colors and a myriad of brown/gold RAL colors for the mod color.

Nonetheless, before finalizing the colors: GMK L9, GMK N7, and Pantone 4019C, I spoke with Ted (twgecko - the designer of GMK Civilizations). This discussion took place several months ago. At that time, the mod color for GMK Aegyptus was exactly the same color as GMK Civilizations - RAL 1024 Ochre Yellow. Long story short, we both agreed that nobody owns colors and I got the green light that my color choice and theme was okay. The ideology that colors belong to a certain designer is ridiculous. I believe it limits the creativity and expression of designers and prohibits this community from moving forward. Regardless, I wanted a softer more sand color and thus the mod color was changed to the current Pantone 4019C color.

I hope this clarifies things.
As for the color comparison chart, sGhost has already offered to make one. When it's ready, I will share it.

~ thank you all for the comments! I don't want to quote them all, unless there is something specific to address, but I am reading them all.
[/quote/]

alright! Didn't mean to insinuate anything, sorry if it came off a little aggressive

Offline savageastr0naut

Hello,

I'd like to announce a few updates to GMK Aegyptus.

First, the deskmats are done!

Second, the vendors are finalized. I'm proud to announce that I will be working with the following proxies to offer GMK Aegyptus.

☥ USA – Mechs & Co.
☥ Canada – DeskHero
☥ EU – CandyKeys
☥ UK – proto[Typist]
☥ Oceania – DailyClack
☥ SEA – ILUMKB
☥ Asia – ZFrontier

Third, several collaborations have been confirmed ranging from marble wrist rests to keyboard carrying bags to more artisan keycaps.

☥ RAMA
☥ Latrialum
☥ Artkey
☥ La Plastique
☥ Sui Paracords
☥ MarbleK
☥ Handemade by G.C.W.

Lastly, a group buy date of July 1st, 2021 has been decided on.

Thank You

Offline handmademedal

amazing set. love that green accent idk why.

Offline savageastr0naut

amazing set. love that green accent idk why.

I'm glad you like it! Truthfully, I designed this set to be used with the green. However, for those who may not enjoy the green as much, I think it looks nice without it too.

A few people have asked for a color comparison chart, so I've added that to the original post.

Offline savageastr0naut

Pretty exciting news!

Leonardo Da Mouse is going to offer a custom Aegyptus themed mouse for purchase alongside GMK Aegyptus! More details, including photos of the prototype, coming soon.

Check out their Instagram here: https://www.instagram.com/leonardodamouse/?hl=en and here is a link to their Linktree: https://linktr.ee/Leonardodamouse

Offline Alejo1707

• Gimme some more caps!
SA Ramses and your deskmat will be lit!  :))

Offline dxxbox

I think I will be soon broken....
Bye-bye money

Offline savageastr0naut

I think I will be soon broken....
Bye-bye money
Haha, please don't go broke! You have less than a month to gather the money. :cool:

Quotes from GMK are arriving soon, hopefully. Things are moving on that end, so final pricing will be updated soon.

Thank You to everyone for their comments and feedback. Everything is pretty much finalized now. Nonetheless, I'll be watching the IC form closely over the next few weeks for any last minute changes/recommendations that make sense.

Offline savageastr0naut

BUMP

Collaborations added - Nork Studios

Offline RicWatt

Please shut up and take my money!

Offline savageastr0naut

Handmade by GCW - the prototype for the custom Aegyptus themed keyboard carrying bag is finished!
Check it out, these will be available for purchase during the GMK Aegyptus groupbuy - which goes live on July 01, 2021. The Google form for this bag will be shared then.

Thank You

Offline savageastr0naut

I'm excited to share with you all the RAMA collaboration for GMK Aegyptus! Check out the renders below.
These beautiful RAMA brass PVD caps and color matched tray will be available for purchase alongside GMK Aegyptus.

☥ Collaborations Updated - RAMA renders added: Eye of Ra Brass PVD Esc, Pyramids of Giza Brass PVD Enter, Ankh tray.

Offline savageastr0naut

I'm proud to share with y'all the SuiParacord GMK Aegyptus cable collaboration!

The pictured cable is the prototype and depicts what the actual cable you all receive will look like. Henry, from SuiParacord, and I meticulously chose the parts and materials for this cable. The gold connector, MDPC-X sleeving, the peek of green paracord underneath, etc. are all details we hope you will enjoy.

Stay tuned, this cable will be offered in a groupbuy format alongside the GMK Aegyptus groupbuy.

EDIT: PLEASE NOTE - THE PRODUCTION UNITS THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE WILL HAVE GOLD USB CONNECTIONS
« Last Edit: Tue, 22 June 2021, 14:17:03 by savageastr0naut »

Offline savageastr0naut

After further discussion with SuiParacords, we've decided to offer a 2nd colorway for the GMK Aegyptus Cable collaboration! This 2nd colorway features the same MDPC-X sleeving, but the paracord underneath is a gold paracord, instead of the green. Check out the 2 colorways side by side in the following photo.

Moreover, we have received quotes from GMK. I'll be making a comment about that after speaking with all of the vendors.

Thank You

Offline savageastr0naut

MarbleK x GMK Aegyptus Wrist Rest

The renders for the wrist rest collaboration are done! I've attached them below, as well a sample photo showing the actual slab of marble that will be used to make your wrist rest. I'll share the link here and in the GB post, when that goes up. You can also find it when it goes live on https://marblek.com/ and by following MarbleK here.

Offline nanooq

really like the colorway but am missing NorDE support. I guess it is too late to ask about that? :)

Offline savageastr0naut

GMK Aegyptus x Asero Foundry

Cadlab designed and is making this custom metal artisan keycap for GMK Aegyptus! You'll be able to purchase this cap on Mechs & Co. alongside your GMK Aegyptus order tomorrow.

Offline RoyalOak88

Those Asero artisans look amazing! Pitty that will be a Mechs & Co. exclusive

Offline savageastr0naut

Those Asero artisans look amazing! Pitty that will be a Mechs & Co. exclusive

The Asero artisans were offered to every vendor, but currently Mechs & Co. is the only one that has them listed. I will follow up with the vendors again to see if they are going to offer the Asero artisans on their sites.

Offline savageastr0naut

GMK Aegyptus x LeonardoDaMouse

LeonardoDaMouse is offering an Aegyptus themed mouse alongside GMK Aegyptus!

Purchase your mouse here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSefktEqm_8wLHntkfx1z932nochKxALmLyHd5yx7rWghgYHLw/viewform
Check out LeonardoDaMouse here: https://www.instagram.com/leonardodamouse/?hl=en

Offline savageastr0naut

Offline GLOVE

Will the yellow part be more like sand if the saturation is lower?

Offline savageastr0naut

Will the yellow part be more like sand if the saturation is lower?

Yes, the modifier color is a sandy brown/yellow. The goal was to get as close to a sand color as possible and I believe Pantone 4019C does just that.

Thank You for your question. ☥

Offline savageastr0naut

Re: [IC] GMK Aegyptus ☥ - Groupbuy is now LIVE!
« Reply #73 on: Fri, 09 July 2021, 23:17:24 »
Hey everyone,

I have co-designed a keyboard in collaboration with GMK Aegyptus. It's called Scarab, check it out here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=113738.0
The inspiration for it was heavily influenced by Ancient Egypt and GMK Aegyptus. We're going to be offering it in two colors that match GMK Aegyptus and the bottom brass weight is the scarab design from the Novelties Kit.

Offline SwirlCables

• * Vendor
  • Where Cables Meet End Game
    • SwirlCables - Custom Made Coiled Cables
« Reply #74 on: Sat, 10 July 2021, 00:49:06 »
Absolutely stunning set! :D

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #75 on: Tue, 13 July 2021, 19:32:09 »
Absolutely stunning set! :D

Thank You, I'm glad you like it! ;D

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #76 on: Mon, 23 August 2021, 21:54:10 »
The GroupBuy for GMK Aegyptus has been over for almost a month. With that said, I am going to lock this topic and any further discussion about GMK Aegyptus can be redirected to the GroupBuy thread found here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=113633.0

Thank You, everyone.