Author Topic: [IC] Hubble Mira Custom TKL (GB is 3... 2... 1... launched!)  (Read 578043 times)

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
Re: [IC] Hubble Mira Custom TKL (Searching for New Resources)
« Reply #2200 on: Wed, 14 December 2016, 22:50:54 »
Ninja, i am always happy to read your updates and I am so thankful for the time and energy you have put into this project. thank you for keeping this going. the new prototypes look awesome! again, i am happy to see the O'Mira logo and binary plate are still incorporated. you have definitely rekindled the flame for this keyboard. I hope for a quick recovery for your health issues.

couple questions from your recent update -
  • we can pick the numbers we want engraved on our plate? or the first 57 will have their numbers engraved? (ie. no picking numbers, but engraving is an option)
  • if black, silver, and dark gray (titanium) are the only anodizing options, could we order a blank case to have anodized ourselves?
  • i am hoping we will be able to buy multiple plates, can you confirm? i would probably do at least 2 builds for this; one with the Leeku board, and another with either Winkeyless or GON

I think many, if not all of us, would appreciate a word from Zeal to confirm that he is still willing to donate the gold stabilizers (maybe his new clear ones?  ;)) and I personally would like an explanation from Dr Hubbel on the funds from the previous prototypes that he had made and sold. IMO, the proceeds from the sale of those boards should still go toward the production of this project.
I am willing to put down another $40 to secure manufacturing, but I feel that we are owed an explanation from Hubbel.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #2201 on: Wed, 14 December 2016, 23:07:52 »
Ninja, i am always happy to read your updates and I am so thankful for the time and energy you have put into this project. thank you for keeping this going. the new prototypes look awesome! again, i am happy to see the O'Mira logo and binary plate are still incorporated. you have definitely rekindled the flame for this keyboard. I hope for a quick recovery for your health issues.

• we can pick the numbers we want engraved on our plate? or the first 57 will have their numbers engraved? (ie. no picking numbers, but engraving is an option)
  • if black, silver, and dark gray (titanium) are the only anodizing options, could we order a blank case to have anodized ourselves?
  • i am hoping we will be able to buy multiple plates, can you confirm? i would probably do at least 2 builds for this; one with the Leeku board, and another with either Winkeyless or GON

I think many, if not all of us, would appreciate a word from Zeal to confirm that he is still willing to donate the gold stabilizers (maybe his new clear ones?  ;)) and I personally would like an explanation from Dr Hubbel on the funds from the previous prototypes that he had made and sold. IMO, the proceeds from the sale of those boards should still go toward the production of this project.
I am willing to put down another $40 to secure manufacturing, but I feel that we are owed an explanation from Hubbel.

With Ninjadoc's permission, I've added quotes and clarification to his previous post, so it's clear that he's quoting DrHubble.  Have another look, he's not requesting any more as a deposit.  Hopefully it's clear now.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #2202 on: Wed, 14 December 2016, 23:08:05 »

Hey there,

I've been keeping an eye out on all threads that I'm associated in. Haven't had time to post much on other threads as I've been busy packing R4 orders.

To add some hype back into this project, I will personally be upgrading all 57 pre-orders to my new transparent screw-in gold plated stabs. I'm a man of my words and I don't back out. :thumb:

Ninja will just have to collect what spacebar wire the first 57 people wanted, and I can arrange accordingly.
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #2203 on: Wed, 14 December 2016, 23:10:56 »
^these are the best two responses i could have hoped for. thanks guys!

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #2204 on: Wed, 14 December 2016, 23:27:12 »
The plan for now is to offer it with stainless steel weights but brass may be considered but will not be nickel coated and will be subject to corrosion.
 I plan to offer the colors of black, silver, and grey/titanium but one or two other colors may be offered depending on the anodizing available.
II expect to be able to offer stainless steel and aluminum plates and the aluminum plates can be anodized. The plates do not allow switch top removal, that may change depending on time available to make that change.

Just to be different, SS weights would be cool.   Brass weight are so common  ....  :p   I'm guessing SS will be a bit more expensive.   I'm #10 on the

I personally would love to see some interesting colors besides black/silver.   I mean, if it's not possible, I completely get that.   But rose gold or any shade of pink or something non black/silver would be great!!

Assuming SS and aluminum plates will be available, it would be awesome to have the opportunity to purchase both.   Just nice to have options and variety!! 

Thanks!!  Really looking forward to the Miro "custom" TKL!! 

Offline Vala

• :smork:
    • Vala Supply
« Reply #2205 on: Thu, 15 December 2016, 06:38:42 »

To add some hype back into this project, I will personally be upgrading all 57 pre-orders to my new transparent screw-in gold plated stabs. I'm a man of my words and I don't back out. :thumb:

Ninja will just have to collect what spacebar wire the first 57 people wanted, and I can arrange accordingly.

Well, if you were simply angry for losing $40, you can feel okay knowing you'll be getting these stabs which are worth $50. A $10 gain :)

If you're mad because Hubble got your money, then that's another story however.

Offline Damonskv

« Reply #2206 on: Thu, 15 December 2016, 06:42:47 »

Well, if you were simply angry for losing $40, you can feel okay knowing you'll be getting these stabs which are worth $50. A $10 gain :)

If you're mad because Hubble got your money, then that's another story however.
$50 is for kit of 2 sets for 6.25u and 7u space bars

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #2207 on: Thu, 15 December 2016, 07:13:15 »
Is the SE just going to be on a higher pricing tier, or are those reserved for those who pre-ordered their Miras or what?

In a call at the moment, so I apologize for sloppy writing, but I HAVE TO KNOW. :P

Also, is the diffuser mandatory like on the 27 or optional?

SE is not a higher option tier.
It is what will be built.
Pricing is not quoted because the manufacturer was not comfortable that some of the CAD file dates were different so he wanted to double check it and the packaging is not finalized.

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #2208 on: Thu, 15 December 2016, 07:17:48 »
I'm confused as to the details of the first 57. Did you mean to copy-paste some of the beginning post regarding the $40 deposit for the first 57 spots?

Yes I copy pasted it and made a disaster of it. I just wanted to point out what Hubble said and what I can actually do. I would like to thank Photoelectric for fixing it. I get very fatigued at the end of the day from my health issues and sometimes make absolutely no sense. I apologize.

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #2209 on: Thu, 15 December 2016, 07:20:12 »
There was no promise of delivery for the original $40 in the OP; the text below said that basically anything could happen and the costs could be high, and we'd be under no obligation to continue with the group buy.  Looking at the text of the OP, I personally read it as "help me make a prototype, and you'll get a numbered case if it does happen".  I basically considered it as a donation the whole time.
The constant trading of places mean that a lot of current holders of the places are unaware of this. I imagine this was overlooked a lot though.

As far as numbering or whatever custom text goes, dos that really require custom plans for every case at the time of machining?  Why not just do plain engraving on the weights in roughly the same spot after everything else is done?
Just to weigh (ha) in here, weight engravings that are different in any way must be a different file. I have 40 numbered weights - 10 CEs, and 30 FEs, and the other design, so my manufacturer is expecting 41 different weight files (effectively 41 different weights).

It does, and will take time, but I think it's time worth taking. However, this is entirely up to ninjadoc in what he does with that.

Ninjadoc has my full support in recovering this, it's just another case (I'm full of ****ty puns today) of waiting until its all set up and ready to go. There is an incredible amount of time, dedication, and commitment needed to do something like this, and with all of his health issues, it's even harder. Everyone should be making this as easy as we can for him, as I'm sure even if you aren't involved that you want to see this happen.

Xondat is correct - it takes a different file to produce every number. Now we all know why LZ uses stickers.

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #2210 on: Thu, 15 December 2016, 07:28:06 »

Also, is the diffuser mandatory like on the 27 or optional?

I would like to know this as well.

Pls make it be an optional, I'm not a fan of diffuser  :'(

so, no more deposit right  :(

Diffuser is designed as part of the board, not just as a plate placed in between the bottim and top. Don't use the RGB's on the bottom and you will be OK.

There is no more deposit. If I can figure out a way I will probably get rid of number "2" and would love to auction it off but that isn't possible on Geekhack. One, I don't care about a number, and "2" - hmm.

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #2211 on: Thu, 15 December 2016, 07:35:48 »
More
ninjadoc should just get it manufactured in China, fast turnaround, much lower cost/margin, and everyone will be happy to finally get a Mira board.

i'm not sure anyone would care where it is made anymore, just as long as it gets made

Id rather wait for it then have it made in China.  Chinese keyboard products are all terrible

ninjadoc should just get it manufactured in China, fast turnaround, much lower cost/margin, and everyone will be happy to finally get a Mira board.

i'm not sure anyone would care where it is made anymore, just as long as it gets made

Id rather wait for it then have it made in China.  Chinese keyboard products are all terrible
Well, the guys from Revo, offer some magic quality of anodizing, maybe try to ask them to help to implement the project.
But, i can only judge by the photos but looks very promising

in any other case maybe, but having a NASA inspired board made in China is just a slap in the face to America.

I'd want it made wherever they can offer the best quality to price ratio. As someone who works for a manufacturing company with sites worldwide, my opinion is that "Made in USA" is way over-****ing-rated.
yeah that's everyone's argument, but this is the Mira, this is NASA, this is not blasphemy

And as an American, I still don't care if it's not made in the States.

pretty sad.  I won't buy it if it's made elsewhere

I'm disappointed with you, alienman82. Go to your Dad's office over break and see where his instruments are made. Whether you are for Trump or not you notice he is evaluating the cost of manufacturing products in the US versus other countries. Some things can be done efficiently, some can't Our labor force ls not always well trained and at times their salary is too high for production but they have to live and eat so the wages must be higher. Greed is also an issue - look at the time for construction of the changes in the highway around Columbus, OH. I'm from Arkansas, left 30 years ago, and the road is still under construction from Memphis to Little Rock. Need I say more? this isn't a conversation for this thread but you and I can discuss it on Skype if you like.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #2212 on: Thu, 15 December 2016, 19:09:24 »
Anyone going on about "I won't buy this if it's not made in the US" are total ****ing hypocrites

The amount of **** that you buy and enjoy from other countries is massive - why don't you consider those purchases before going on a moral tirade about a keyboard that will have basically zero economic impact on either country

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2213 on: Thu, 15 December 2016, 19:27:15 »
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 January 2017, 16:59:34 by alienman82 »

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #2214 on: Thu, 15 December 2016, 19:28:15 »
@swimmingbird, it was more of a joke that others have been keeping alive...

and nice vocabulary.

:-*

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2215 on: Thu, 15 December 2016, 19:30:12 »
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 January 2017, 16:59:25 by alienman82 »

Offline limitz

• "the old gods stir and will not let me sleep..."
« Reply #2216 on: Thu, 15 December 2016, 21:32:41 »

I feel like I need to address this comment, this has been bothering me. Just a few weeks ago you were telling me how excited you were to get in on the FMJ TKL group buy, and now all Chinese keyboard products are terrible?

Off the top of my head I can think of Tank, CAMP, Matrix, ZZ, Red Scarf, TriC and others. There are plenty of Chinese customs that are great quality. Matrix especially is an awesome board, on par if not better anodization/machining than the OTDs I own.

Your comment is painting with a ridiculously broad brush, as well as insulting to the makers and GB runners that make it possible. Now to play it off as a joke? Give me a break. It's fine you don't want a MIRA, but realize that this isn't 2005. There are countless products that are Made in China AND excellent quality. Just because something is "Made in USA" doesn't automatically make it better.

« Last Edit: Thu, 15 December 2016, 21:39:30 by limitz »
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2217 on: Thu, 15 December 2016, 21:37:58 »
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 January 2017, 16:59:12 by alienman82 »

Offline limitz

« Reply #2218 on: Thu, 15 December 2016, 22:12:51 »
Not personally insulted, just felt the need to set the record straight.

pretty sad.  I won't buy it if it's made elsewhere

still sad the way you see outside as better.  hopefully it'll change

I know you like Trump, but do you have to start talking like him now? Not everything is so binary.

---

To get back on topic, $40 sent. Sorry about Hubble, hope this takes off quickly.
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 December 2016, 23:36:32 by limitz »
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline duzeyao

« Reply #2219 on: Thu, 15 December 2016, 23:36:05 »
It seems with Hubble missing, the Chinese has decided they should make the keyboard themselves using the design.
And they are doing fast.

https://bbs.wstx.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=700766&page=1&extra=#pid8857629

Maybe you can get your Mira with your pre-ordered-with-$$ No. there?
Price will be around 2800RMB(400$).
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 December 2016, 23:40:27 by duzeyao »
你绝版的婊子妈坟

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #2220 on: Thu, 15 December 2016, 23:41:29 »
The Chinese prototype is under NinjaDoc's permision. Maybe dig in a bit and then comment?
It seems with Hubble missing, the Chinese has decided they should make the keyboard themselves using the design.
And they are doing fast.

https://bbs.wstx.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=700766&page=1&extra=#pid8857629

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

OTD 360 Corsa w/ Nixdorf, OTD 356.2 DGE, Matrix 1.2, Matrix 2.0, Matrix Abel, Skog, Dolphin, EM7, Lynn Pad, Plank, LZ-RE, EqualZ, Orion v2, Octagon v2, Viper v2, Tank, Mira, Mira SE, Moon, Camp 225, Let's Split, HHKB, RealForce, Infinity Ergo, Cherry 3700, DolchPac, Nixdorf, Model M, Filcos.

Offline duzeyao

« Reply #2221 on: Thu, 15 December 2016, 23:57:40 »
Do you mean prototype or groupbuy?

The Chinese prototype is under NinjaDoc's permision. Maybe dig in a bit and then comment?
And they are doing fast.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

« Last Edit: Fri, 16 December 2016, 01:08:35 by duzeyao »
你绝版的婊子妈坟

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #2222 on: Thu, 15 December 2016, 23:59:16 »
Prototype and GB. This really should come from @Ninjadoc

Do you mean prototype or groupbuy lol?
Anyway I'm not very interested in a IC that lasts this long nor digging anything. Goodluck boys.  :thumb:

And they are doing fast.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

OTD 360 Corsa w/ Nixdorf, OTD 356.2 DGE, Matrix 1.2, Matrix 2.0, Matrix Abel, Skog, Dolphin, EM7, Lynn Pad, Plank, LZ-RE, EqualZ, Orion v2, Octagon v2, Viper v2, Tank, Mira, Mira SE, Moon, Camp 225, Let's Split, HHKB, RealForce, Infinity Ergo, Cherry 3700, DolchPac, Nixdorf, Model M, Filcos.

Offline E3E

« Reply #2223 on: Fri, 16 December 2016, 00:03:29 »
Maybe it's a GB that's running in tandem with the Geekhack GB? Ninjadoc mentioned that there will be no order cap, so this might end up being a gigantic group buy.

Offline duzeyao

« Reply #2224 on: Fri, 16 December 2016, 01:06:46 »
Maybe it's a GB that's running in tandem with the Geekhack GB? Ninjadoc mentioned that there will be no order cap, so this might end up being a gigantic group buy.

If that's true, with Chinese factory's fast speed everyone here will get their Miras very soon.
Would be really assuring news.
你绝版的婊子妈坟

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #2225 on: Fri, 16 December 2016, 09:33:24 »
And they are doing fast.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

You might ask via PM before you start talking about something you don't know anything about. The person running the GB in China is the same person helping me produce the Mira. He has my permission and we are trying to run them close to the same time.

Offline techmattr

« Reply #2226 on: Fri, 16 December 2016, 11:54:21 »
Is the blueish color the grey/titanium? Looks amazing but I'm not too sure I have any key sets that would go with it.

Offline duzeyao

« Reply #2227 on: Fri, 16 December 2016, 18:56:52 »
sure.
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 December 2016, 19:21:10 by duzeyao »
你绝版的婊子妈坟

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #2228 on: Fri, 16 December 2016, 21:00:53 »
Is the blueish color the grey/titanium? Looks amazing but I'm not too sure I have any key sets that would go with it.

Very nice color, I agree, especially if it's actually that light.  Still hoping for some interesting light color other than silver.  That blue goes with the space theme nicely.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline nsmechkb

« Reply #2229 on: Sat, 17 December 2016, 10:51:29 »

Very nice color, I agree, especially if it's actually that light.  Still hoping for some interesting light color other than silver.  That blue goes with the space theme nicely.

I really like the blue-grey one, too. Especially with a stainless steel weight. The dark blue and silver would look so clean.

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #2230 on: Sat, 17 December 2016, 11:18:47 »
I like that lavender/blue color!!   But maybe it's a possibly to have a rose/gold or champagne/pink, but I'll gladly accept whatever the final color choices happen to be   :thumb: :thumb:

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #2231 on: Sun, 18 December 2016, 13:47:02 »
Bummer about the USA manufacturing, would have been cool to have a US custom. Not because of quality reasons at all, just as a cool first.

Haven't been following along much, but the prototype looks delish. Are those edges completely round filleted? Looks amazing with the dark grey ano

More

Going to be tough to stay away from this one, I've been tempted to get a TKL custom for a while and I love the style of those edges.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline Data

« Reply #2232 on: Mon, 19 December 2016, 08:53:41 »
The acrylic spacer/diffuser is a nice and unexpected touch.

Offline Gajible

« Reply #2233 on: Mon, 19 December 2016, 09:04:21 »
Is there still a buy-in period for this thing? It's beautiful, and I totally want one.

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #2234 on: Mon, 19 December 2016, 09:42:09 »
Is there still a buy-in period for this thing? It's beautiful, and I totally want one.

There will be a GB for this, the stuff with the slots is for early/supporter/whaterveryouwanttocallit editions

Offline Gajible

« Reply #2235 on: Mon, 19 December 2016, 09:45:40 »

There will be a GB for this, the stuff with the slots is for early/supporter/whaterveryouwanttocallit editions

Awesome! Another GB for me to miss!

Offline limitz

« Reply #2236 on: Mon, 19 December 2016, 18:08:24 »

Yes, this one is my design.

Unlike most designs with acrylic spacers that have the spacer sandwiched; the Mira top/bottom mating is grooved like the 356mini (keyingtogether). The acrylic diffuser is made to support the mating, and is therefore integral to the keyboard.
« Last Edit: Mon, 19 December 2016, 18:10:14 by limitz »
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline ika

« Reply #2237 on: Mon, 19 December 2016, 18:18:47 »

Yes, this one is my design.

Unlike most designs with acrylic spacers that have the spacer sandwiched; the Mira top/bottom mating is grooved like the 356mini (keyingtogether). The acrylic diffuser is made to support the mating, and is therefore integral to the keyboard.

What is the advantage in this design versus, say, how the TX boards do it?

Offline limitz

« Reply #2238 on: Mon, 19 December 2016, 22:07:43 »
I think it's a bit more refined, and to me, really integrates the acrylic diffuser into the design rather than just sandwiching it in between two steel hunks. The acrylic sandwich has always felt llike a bit of an afterthought.

This form of mounting requires extra machining on the top/bottom aluminum pieces, as well as the diffuser.
« Last Edit: Mon, 19 December 2016, 23:03:59 by limitz »
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline Data

« Reply #2239 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 08:38:20 »
Oh.

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #2240 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 10:43:27 »
That final prototype looks so good, I love the blue-grey case! Ninjadoc I can't thank you enough for continuing to push forward through all the obstacles the Mira has seen and making it a reality - I can't wait to throw some money at this in January! limitz I love the diffuser too and Zeal you are the man for making the gold stabs happen!  Great work all around by everyone involved at this point :thumb: :thumb:  I'm so excited for my first "end game" keyboard   :p
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2241 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 14:49:00 »
I'm still in for this board, will be keeping an eye on everything for updates.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline ninjadoc

Mira Update - Happy Holidays
« Reply #2242 on: Thu, 22 December 2016, 14:20:44 »
I hope to start the GB either next week or the first week in January. Production is predicted to be 12 - 16 weeks. boards will be shipped to me or to a proxy if there are several orders in another country. Shipping from the factory will be included in the base price, shipping from me or from the proxies to your home will be billed separately. It is MUCH cheaper to be shipped on bulk.

Boards will be made of Aluminum K701 which I've been assured by US machine shops will handle the rigors of being a computer keyboard.

Colors offer will be black, grey/titanium, silver, and either a blue/cyan or pink.
The top and bottom may be ordered in different colors.

Both brass and stainless steel weights will be offered. Stainless steel will cost more because of cost of both material and cost of machining. The brass weight will not be nickle coated due to cost.

Stainless steel and aluminum plates will be offered and due to cost stainless plates will cost more.

Aluminum plates can be anodized or left uncolored. Colors for the plates will include silver, grey, black, and maybe red. I would love gold to be an option but I'm not sure that is possible.

Shipping should be completed by the end of April IF all goes well.

Warning - I can't be held responsible for minor defects but I can get the factory to replace anything with major damage. I don't want an LZ-FE fiasco in shipping to occur.

If this goes well I have plans for a keypad and several other boards in mind and I'm discussing those with my CAD person at this time.

Pictures and colors will be posted shortly, comments that are useful and productive are appreciated and listened to.

Thank you for your patience.

ninjadoc

Offline -musubi

• Spam rice 'n eggs
« Reply #2243 on: Thu, 22 December 2016, 14:27:43 »
It's happening!! will there be a limited list or will it be full fulfillment?

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #2244 on: Thu, 22 December 2016, 15:39:04 »
o ****. my wallet  :-\

Offline pr0ximity

Re: Mira Update - Happy Holidays
« Reply #2245 on: Thu, 22 December 2016, 15:59:17 »
I hope to start the GB either next week or the first week in January. Production is predicted to be 12 - 16 weeks. boards will be shipped to me or to a proxy if there are several orders in another country. Shipping from the factory will be included in the base price, shipping from me or from the proxies to your home will be billed separately. It is MUCH cheaper to be shipped on bulk.

Boards will be made of Aluminum K701 which I've been assured by US machine shops will handle the rigors of being a computer keyboard.

Colors offer will be black, grey/titanium, silver, and either a blue/cyan or pink.
The top and bottom may be ordered in different colors.

Both brass and stainless steel weights will be offered. Stainless steel will cost more because of cost of both material and cost of machining. The brass weight will not be nickle coated due to cost.

Stainless steel and aluminum plates will be offered and due to cost stainless plates will cost more.

Aluminum plates can be anodized or left uncolored. Colors for the plates will include silver, grey, black, and maybe red. I would love gold to be an option but I'm not sure that is possible.

Shipping should be completed by the end of April IF all goes well.

Warning - I can't be held responsible for minor defects but I can get the factory to replace anything with major damage. I don't want an LZ-FE fiasco in shipping to occur.

If this goes well I have plans for a keypad and several other boards in mind and I'm discussing those with my CAD person at this time.

Pictures and colors will be posted shortly, comments that are useful and productive are appreciated and listened to.

Thank you for your patience.

ninjadoc

I asked a question earlier that got buried about how the edges of the case are shaped, in the prototype pictures it's not quite clear if they're rounded fillets or a sort of flat bezelled edge but they look quite rounded. Are they truly smoothly rounded edges? Ex:

More

Cheers, and thanks for all the work you've done keeping this project afloat.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
Re: Mira Update - Happy Holidays
« Reply #2246 on: Thu, 22 December 2016, 16:03:45 »
I asked a question earlier that got buried about how the edges of the case are shaped, in the prototype pictures it's not quite clear if they're rounded fillets or a sort of flat bezelled edge but they look quite rounded. Are they truly smoothly rounded edges? Ex:

More
Show Image

Show Image

Cheers, and thanks for all the work you've done keeping this project afloat.
They're filleted like the corners. See a HHKB, just like that.

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #2247 on: Thu, 22 December 2016, 16:05:37 »
Colors

After surgery my eyes are messed up and I can't always tell black and grey - don't ask - so if I'm wrong just laugh and go on please.

http://imgur.com/a/pOa6F

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #2248 on: Thu, 22 December 2016, 16:06:30 »
It's happening!! will there be a limited list or will it be full fulfillment?

I'm planning on as many as I can sell.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #2249 on: Thu, 22 December 2016, 16:06:50 »
Can anyone speak to what "K701" aluminum alloy is? I can't seem to find any info on it, but I'm far from an expert.