Author Topic: Disabling Left Ctrl+CapsLock from turning Caps Lock on/off on Leopold FC660C  (Read 2592 times)

Offline mobileb

I have problem that has been vexing me for quite some time. I have a Leopold FC660C that I use on one of my machines. The dip switches are configured to swap Caps Lock with Ctrl.

It seems the keyboard has a built in hot key of left Ctrl+CapsLock acting as the Caps Lock key. So when typing, I sometimes accidentally trigger the caps lock functionality and hence find that suddenly all my text is in caps. This typically wouldn't be to bad ... but it is super annoying when I'm using Vim and am in normal mode.

Does anyone happen to know if there is a way to disable this key combo from turning on/off Caps Lock functionality?

Offline Tactile

You could install a Hasu controller and have complete control. You could move Caps lock to alt-F11, disable it completely, whatever you can think up.
REΛLFORCE

Offline mobileb

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look into it. BTW, where is the best place to purchase this?
« Last Edit: Sun, 24 May 2020, 23:49:10 by mobileb »

Offline Tactile

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look into it. BTW, where is the best place to purchase this?

With the current situation I really don't know. I don't know if anyone in the US has them in stock. You might just MSG Hasu & ask if he will notify you when shipping from him to the US opens up.
REΛLFORCE

Offline hasu

• @tmk
    • tmk keyboard firmware project
mobileb,
How do you remap the capslock key and which tool are you using?

I can't confirm that the hotkey really exists in original controller.
Can any other FC660C user around here confirm this?

It looks to me that the keyobard itself just sends Left Control and Caps Lock correctly. I guess it is mapping tool issue?

As TMK alt controller replaces original controller physically, so the hokey would go away completely if it really exist there.

Offline mobileb

I remapped the caps lock key two ways.

I'm using a Mac, so in System Preferences, I have the Keyboard Modifier keys setup so that Caps Lock Key is Control. I do this because I use the laptop keyboard as well as other keyboards.

On the FC660C, I have Dip Switches 1 and 2 set to ON, and 3 and 4 set to OFF. Dip Switch 1 should allow Caps Lock to behave as Control.

I have no custom software to map keys. I have multiple MBP, and it happens on both of them. It also does it on my iMac Pro.

What I have found was pressing the Left Ctrl (in the lower left corner) and the Caps Lock key (which is mapped to Ctrl) will toggle Caps Lock on and off.