Author Topic: For those who may be visiting Tokyo soon...  (Read 2145 times)

Offline doctorpiorno

For those who may be visiting Tokyo soon...
« on: Mon, 07 July 2008, 08:35:21 »
Since quite a few people seemed to be interested in hearing about good places to go keyboard-hunting in Japan, I thought this blog post I just stumbled upon might be of interest: Best place to buy keyboards is Tokyo. With a title like that, it obviously caught my attention.

Guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend. Say, do we accept reviews of keyboard shops in this forum? ;)

Offline Eclairz

« Reply #1 on: Mon, 07 July 2008, 16:10:27 »
Also might be a good idea to tell us if your going to japan so you can buy some keyboards for us as well, and get reimbursed for the cost of travelling as importing keyboards is very expensive.
Lenovo ThinkPad TrackPoint Keyboard
RealForce 45g UK 88UB
FILCO Majestouch TenKeyPad

Offline doctorpiorno

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 07 July 2008, 21:28:45 »
Quote from: Eclairz;6426
Also might be a good idea to tell us if your going to japan so you can buy some keyboards for us as well, and get reimbursed for the cost of travelling as importing keyboards is very expensive.

Hi Eclairz - I'm already in Japan, actually. Been here for nine months and I'm still absolutely hopeless with the language, but at least I've learnt a lot about keyboards. ;)

If you're after something in particular and you cannot seem to get a decent price from Benippon et al., do give me a shout via PM and I'll see what the prices are like in the brick and mortar shops around here. Maybe we can work something out. :)