Author Topic: [GB] GMK WoB/BoW Icon extension kit - - KBDFANS INFO POSTED PAGE 4- -  (Read 119715 times)

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
Re: [GB] GMK WoB/BoW Icon extension kit - - KBDFANS INFO POSTED PAGE 4- -
« Reply #200 on: Sat, 19 September 2020, 03:41:50 »
So I unblocked upas and DMd him after some complaints in my discord, got no reply - but at least it seems like he read it and decided to Email everyone, cool!  :thumb:

BTW:
CannonKeys is covering the cost of shipping, unless you opt-in to pay the cost of shipping.

GMK is not refunding us for the cost of shipping.

This is on cannonkeys, GMK has refunded vendors for shipping costs (retroactively) after GMK made mistakes.
If he is as bad as communicating with gmk as he is in past gbs, where he collected money and then left people hanging, then it doesn't surprise me that he didn't manage to get refunds for shipping costs.

I personally wouldn't reward him omitting shipping this out for close to two months and paying shippingfees in his place as a result of his incompetence, but this is up to everyone to decide for themselves. Hope it gets out to everyone waiting soon!

Offline upas

« Reply #201 on: Sat, 19 September 2020, 10:11:07 »
So I unblocked upas and DMd him after some complaints in my discord, got no reply - but at least it seems like he read it and decided to Email everyone, cool!  :thumb:

BTW:
CannonKeys is covering the cost of shipping, unless you opt-in to pay the cost of shipping.

This is on cannonkeys, GMK has refunded vendors for shipping costs (retroactively) after GMK made mistakes.
If he is as bad as communicating with gmk as he is in past gbs, where he collected money and then left people hanging, then it doesn't surprise me that he didn't manage to get refunds for shipping costs.

I personally wouldn't reward him omitting shipping this out for close to two months and paying shippingfees in his place as a result of his incompetence, but this is up to everyone to decide for themselves. Hope it gets out to everyone waiting soon!

We do feel bad that it took this long to get the replacements out - but please understand, this was an unexpected occurrence. To give you some insight, we are careful with the group buys we run and try to ensure that group buy items do not all arrive at the same time. We did not plan for the capacity to ship this out when scheduling group buys, as no one knew this would be necessary. COVID also threw a wrench in our timelines, so we got to a point where we had a lot of projects lined up to go out all at once. Those using the original GMK WoB/BoW caps could still fill out their boards, so we made the choice to prioritize the GBs that had already been subject to many delays and hadn't shipped at all yet.

We are also sitting on existing restocks of items. From a business perspective, this is far from ideal. We'd love to sell those ASAP and recoup the money we spent to buy the stock. But again, we made the choice to prioritize existing obligations, such as replacement WoB/BoW keycaps.

The email about replacements that we sent was written and scheduled earlier this week, prior to Emir's DMs to me - I want to make it clear that he had nothing to do with the email going out. This was based on our current schedule taking into account our office move, and current capacity.

While Emir did DM me, I chose not to respond. Despite constantly accusing others of not communicating well, Emir's communication has been anything but professional. My perspective is that our responsibility at this point is to our customers. Emir was paid in full shortly after the GB ended, before the kits shipped, so we have taken care of our obligation to him. In the past Emir has told me verbatim, "You can **** off now," and has had a generally negative disposition. Responding to him is not something I believed was necessary or productive given past interactions I've had with him.

I don't know what Emir is talking about when he says we've collected money and then left people hanging. Every GB we've run thus far has been successful, and to my knowledge we've taken care of everyone who has had issues. We answer any support tickets sent to support@cannonkeys.com within a few business days, and are also responsive on our public discord (our mods also help provide information in that channel). If anyone feels like we have left people hanging, please let me know with specifics, I'd be glad to discuss that and make improvements.

As to communications with GMK - we have talked to GMK about this extensively. As shown above in the thread, KBDFans is charging shipping fees, and that's because GMK will not refund us. From their point of view, they are replacing these keycaps out of good will, not because they necessarily believe they did not meet their own internal quality bar. And as such, they are not refunding the shipping fees.

We are not requiring anyone to pay shipping. If, out of the kindness of your heart, you would like to help out with them, we greatly appreciate that!

And we are always open to feedback! If anyone has ever had a bad experience with us or suggestions for improvement, please let use know via support@cannonkeys.com or in our discord!
« Last Edit: Sat, 19 September 2020, 10:12:58 by upas »

Offline fatalruin

« Reply #202 on: Sat, 19 September 2020, 11:58:44 »

BTW:

We do feel bad that it took this long to get the replacements out - but please understand, this was an unexpected occurrence. To give you some insight, we are careful with the group buys we run and try to ensure that group buy items do not all arrive at the same time. We did not plan for the capacity to ship this out when scheduling group buys, as no one knew this would be necessary. COVID also threw a wrench in our timelines, so we got to a point where we had a lot of projects lined up to go out all at once. Those using the original GMK WoB/BoW caps could still fill out their boards, so we made the choice to prioritize the GBs that had already been subject to many delays and hadn't shipped at all yet.

We are also sitting on existing restocks of items. From a business perspective, this is far from ideal. We'd love to sell those ASAP and recoup the money we spent to buy the stock. But again, we made the choice to prioritize existing obligations, such as replacement WoB/BoW keycaps.

The email about replacements that we sent was written and scheduled earlier this week, prior to Emir's DMs to me - I want to make it clear that he had nothing to do with the email going out. This was based on our current schedule taking into account our office move, and current capacity.

While Emir did DM me, I chose not to respond. Despite constantly accusing others of not communicating well, Emir's communication has been anything but professional. My perspective is that our responsibility at this point is to our customers. Emir was paid in full shortly after the GB ended, before the kits shipped, so we have taken care of our obligation to him. In the past Emir has told me verbatim, "You can **** off now," and has had a generally negative disposition. Responding to him is not something I believed was necessary or productive given past interactions I've had with him.

I don't know what Emir is talking about when he says we've collected money and then left people hanging. Every GB we've run thus far has been successful, and to my knowledge we've taken care of everyone who has had issues. We answer any support tickets sent to support@cannonkeys.com within a few business days, and are also responsive on our public discord (our mods also help provide information in that channel). If anyone feels like we have left people hanging, please let me know with specifics, I'd be glad to discuss that and make improvements.

As to communications with GMK - we have talked to GMK about this extensively. As shown above in the thread, KBDFans is charging shipping fees, and that's because GMK will not refund us. From their point of view, they are replacing these keycaps out of good will, not because they necessarily believe they did not meet their own internal quality bar. And as such, they are not refunding the shipping fees.

We are not requiring anyone to pay shipping. If, out of the kindness of your heart, you would like to help out with them, we greatly appreciate that!

And we are always open to feedback! If anyone has ever had a bad experience with us or suggestions for improvement, please let use know via support@cannonkeys.com or in our discord!

I will take your word that the replacements were on deck, and I have no problem paying for shipping. I also appreciate the uncertainty and logistics of owning and operating a business. The only issue that I had was in terms of readily available information. The last update I could find on any platform was on this thread which basically said they will be arriving in late July and will be shipped out to the customers on record, no support ticket needed. Not knowing what you have going on in terms of order fulfillment, it seemed that enough time had past without receiving the replacements to start poking around a bit. After a post in this thread, a dm here, a post on your discord server, and a personal dm there, I had no answer from you or your company.

I did turn to Emir to inquire as I had no other options. I don't know either of you at all personally and have no footing for a judgement of character, but from what I've read, I know Emir cares about his customers and the consumer in general, and I have had no issues with Cannon Keys otherwise. Beyond that, I can't interject on the fallout between you two.

I think this could have been avoided altogether if this kit had a spot on your keyset update channel in discord which is extremely helpful (in fact I don't remember it having it's own channel like all the other keysets, but I could be mistaken or it ran before you started them). I think the update channel(s)/update page on the site is the way to go (as you have already surmised and implemented) as discord is a nightmare to really find the info you need (while dodging the childrens' meme cannons), email newsletters aren't always kept after reading, and info could be spread across multiple message boards. My only criticism for the consolidated updates I whether it contains the latest info. For example, KAT Eternal's last update was from 8/27 referencing the spacebar issue, yet on Minterly's discord, there was a 9/11 update that Keyreative missed making some caps in a few kits and had to replace those alongside the spacebars. Now, I don't know if she if privy to info that Cannon Keys is not (or before other parties, or if it's her obligation to tell vendors -- I have no idea how this works) so I'm not slinging accusations, but it would be nice to go to once source for those updates.

Ultimately, I'm glad that these are shipping out soon, and that you guys are generously taking the hit on shipping for those that don't feel inclined to pay, I just wish I knew what was going on from the get go and could rely on getting answers from any of the channels that I employed. The only head scratcher I'm left with is why do people only have 2 weeks to "claim" the replacements that they are owed?

Offline juaninamilli

[GB] GMK WoB/BoW Icon extension kit - - KBDFANS INFO POSTED PAGE 4- -
« Reply #203 on: Sat, 19 September 2020, 20:39:05 »

BTW:

I will take your word that the replacements were on deck, and I have no problem paying for shipping. I also appreciate the uncertainty and logistics of owning and operating a business. The only issue that I had was in terms of readily available information. The last update I could find on any platform was on this thread which basically said they will be arriving in late July and will be shipped out to the customers on record, no support ticket needed. Not knowing what you have going on in terms of order fulfillment, it seemed that enough time had past without receiving the replacements to start poking around a bit. After a post in this thread, a dm here, a post on your discord server, and a personal dm there, I had no answer from you or your company.

I did turn to Emir to inquire as I had no other options. I don't know either of you at all personally and have no footing for a judgement of character, but from what I've read, I know Emir cares about his customers and the consumer in general, and I have had no issues with Cannon Keys otherwise. Beyond that, I can't interject on the fallout between you two.

I think this could have been avoided altogether if this kit had a spot on your keyset update channel in discord which is extremely helpful (in fact I don't remember it having it's own channel like all the other keysets, but I could be mistaken or it ran before you started them). I think the update channel(s)/update page on the site is the way to go (as you have already surmised and implemented) as discord is a nightmare to really find the info you need (while dodging the childrens' meme cannons), email newsletters aren't always kept after reading, and info could be spread across multiple message boards. My only criticism for the consolidated updates I whether it contains the latest info. For example, KAT Eternal's last update was from 8/27 referencing the spacebar issue, yet on Minterly's discord, there was a 9/11 update that Keyreative missed making some caps in a few kits and had to replace those alongside the spacebars. Now, I don't know if she if privy to info that Cannon Keys is not (or before other parties, or if it's her obligation to tell vendors -- I have no idea how this works) so I'm not slinging accusations, but it would be nice to go to once source for those updates.

Ultimately, I'm glad that these are shipping out soon, and that you guys are generously taking the hit on shipping for those that don't feel inclined to pay, I just wish I knew what was going on from the get go and could rely on getting answers from any of the channels that I employed. The only head scratcher I'm left with is why do people only have 2 weeks to "claim" the replacements that they are owed?
Well he gave the ship dates, so two weeks falls in line with this. Also, as a project manager, it’s normal to see a deadline. It’s very human to drag things out if there isn’t one.
« Last Edit: Sun, 20 September 2020, 13:48:51 by juaninamilli »

Offline jimboytacos

« Reply #204 on: Sun, 20 September 2020, 23:50:21 »
Can I claim my replacement kit via Canon keys if I placed my order via kbdfans?

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #205 on: Mon, 21 September 2020, 00:27:30 »
Can I claim my replacement kit via Canon keys if I placed my order via kbdfans?

This is up to the vendors but please understand that it'd be unlikely because each vendor is given a set amount of replacements for their own orders. Taking a kit from a different vendor would mean they would be down a kit for one of their actual customers. There's also the cost of shipping involved.

Offline andtar2

« Reply #206 on: Fri, 02 October 2020, 04:53:02 »
Something seems to have been lost in translation or miscommunication within their team, as KBDFans has been sending out whole kits and not the replacements to a couple of customers.

If this has happened to you, I am sorry and I am trying to work with kbdfans to clear up any confusion there might be of what needs to be sent out.

You can send me your order number in private if you got sent a whole new kit and not the replacements and I will forward it directly. Sorry again!

I filled out the form as soon as you posted it. I just got a delivery from KBDFans and it didn't have the replacements.  I'll DM you

I have same issue with KBDFans, no replacements delivered with next order.
- Filled out the form when it was posted, opted in for replacements with next order.
- Placed a new order some week ago
- Included also note with the order regarding replacements and my previous order number.
- No replacements included.

Emir, could you check with KBDFans if there is still some miscommunication?

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #207 on: Fri, 02 October 2020, 05:17:20 »
Something seems to have been lost in translation or miscommunication within their team, as KBDFans has been sending out whole kits and not the replacements to a couple of customers.

If this has happened to you, I am sorry and I am trying to work with kbdfans to clear up any confusion there might be of what needs to be sent out.

You can send me your order number in private if you got sent a whole new kit and not the replacements and I will forward it directly. Sorry again!

I filled out the form as soon as you posted it. I just got a delivery from KBDFans and it didn't have the replacements.  I'll DM you

I have same issue with KBDFans, no replacements delivered with next order.
- Filled out the form when it was posted, opted in for replacements with next order.
- Placed a new order some week ago
- Included also note with the order regarding replacements and my previous order number.
- No replacements included.

Emir, could you check with KBDFans if there is still some miscommunication?

Of course no problem. Dm me order Number please

Offline miaiji

Re: [GB] Gmk Wob / Wo 图标扩展套件 - - Kbdfans 信息发布页面 4 - -
« Reply #208 on: Thu, 05 November 2020, 00:13:02 »
Oh, damn, I just saw this now. I'm sorry to have missed it. Is there a chance to start it again?

Offline sup3r170va

Oh, damn, I just saw this now. I'm sorry to have missed it. Is there a chance to start it again?

I second this. Any chance to re run this? Thanks.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord

I second this. Any chance to re run this? Thanks.

Not a bad idea. :) I'll run an IC soon!

Offline egstad

• EGSTAD.COM
« Reply #211 on: Sat, 21 November 2020, 02:28:36 »
Count me in for another round of this!

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #212 on: Sat, 21 November 2020, 07:52:34 »
Please add bottom row icons as well.

Offline SE7EN_ate_NINE

« Reply #213 on: Sat, 21 November 2020, 08:10:55 »
If you run it again consider adding a R1 1U "delete" icon since none of the WoB kits have a proper 1U icon only delete for split backspace use where you want delete in the top right corner of the board.

Offline LONGZILLA

• ヽ(`Д´)ノ rawr
« Reply #214 on: Sat, 21 November 2020, 13:00:54 »
Count me interested in another run as well

Offline chive_

« Reply #215 on: Thu, 17 December 2020, 00:56:56 »
Not to beat a dead horse, but I'd be in for another round of this. Seems like something that should just be in stock, but as we all know GMK doesn't exactly work like that...

Excited for a future IC! :)

Offline yuejia

« Reply #216 on: Sat, 19 December 2020, 07:39:19 »
Good job. Nice. Cool~ Fabulous! Very good!

Offline yuejia

« Reply #217 on: Mon, 21 December 2020, 00:51:02 »
Wow! Nice!!!

Offline DZSlasher

« Reply #218 on: Mon, 29 March 2021, 20:08:01 »
I would also be interested in this kit if it were to re-run.

Offline ddrfraser1

• RIP Neil
« Reply #219 on: Tue, 30 March 2021, 04:04:13 »
If you truly want us to be an icon kit, here is the escape icon as I just learned  ;D

265589-0

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #220 on: Tue, 06 April 2021, 17:42:40 »
If you truly want us to be an icon kit, here is the escape icon as I just learned  ;D

(Attachment Link)

This icon is sacrilegous

Yes there will be something like another round, stay tuned! :)

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #221 on: Wed, 28 April 2021, 10:18:15 »

(Attachment Link)

There's been both a rounded- and a squared-off version of this in GMK sets before.

Offline stomaha

« Reply #222 on: Mon, 24 May 2021, 06:43:01 »
I'm in for a couple kits if there is a rerun

Offline 1pctipaday

• The show must go on
« Reply #223 on: Mon, 29 August 2022, 04:35:25 »
Are there any plans for a 2nd GB of this? Any plans for bring it back to life?

Offline Qarmaa

« Reply #224 on: Mon, 29 August 2022, 07:35:02 »
Are there any plans for a 2nd GB of this? Any plans for bring it back to life?
There was a set that had icon mods but only for WoB :} I believe it's still on preorder for some vendors.