Author Topic: [GB] GMK Alpine | Shipped!  (Read 63283 times)

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
Re: [GB] GMK Alpine | Gb over, counting Final numbers!
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 16 January 2021, 21:15:49 »
More
Here are (almost) final numbers:

Base: 750 / 250
Ascents: 367 / 100
Spacebars: 205 / 100
NorDeUk: No final numbers yet, Still being figured out!
40%: 101 / 100
Deskmat Edelweiss: 50
Deskmat Matterhorn: 63
Deskmat Gray Alpen: 154
Deskmat Purple Alpen: 72

More
<-- progress to date
« Last Edit: Mon, 25 January 2021, 21:00:06 by dvorcol »

Offline Bregoli

« Reply #51 on: Mon, 25 January 2021, 11:17:28 »
Sorry for the massive delay, NorDeUK will be produced:

Here are final numbers:

NorDeUk: 100/100

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 25 January 2021, 20:59:34 »
NorDeUK will be produced

More

Here are final numbers:

NorDeUk: 100/100

Offline ReverbSlush

• 16/52 RNG score
« Reply #53 on: Tue, 26 January 2021, 06:26:54 »
Congrats on the successful GB.

and now we wait!

Offline Bregoli

Re: [GB] GMK Alpine | Gb over, Final numbers!
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 11 February 2021, 03:00:23 »
Vendors have paid GMK and the set is now in the queue! Thank you everyone for the great success

(Also if you would like to order anything from kono, use my referral link, gives me a little bonus at no extra cost to you  ;D)

Offline Bregoli

Re: [GB] GMK Alpine | Final Numbers! GMK Paid, Waiting!
« Reply #55 on: Sat, 27 February 2021, 11:31:35 »
In my renders and in my geek hack I've always showed that the homing keys will be Barred only and the 2nd pair will have no homing at all (no bar and no scoop). I was never asked until a few minutes ago and apparently everyone just expects them to be scooped? I can still change this (I think) Please vote below. This will affect the F and J and 5 keys that currently have no homing at all.
https://forms.gle/gBCnwc6Ngv64bZGz6

Offline Fredington

• Instagram
« Reply #56 on: Sat, 27 February 2021, 11:35:31 »
In my renders and in my geek hack I've always showed that the homing keys will be Barred only and the 2nd pair will have no homing at all (no bar and no scoop). I was never asked until a few minutes ago and apparently everyone just expects them to be scooped? I can still change this (I think) Please vote below. This will affect the F and J and 5 keys that currently have no homing at all.

It's standard practice to have both scoops and bars with GMK, and if you must get rid of one, I think scoops are much more popular. I think you're wasting both your time and participants' time with a poll like this.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #57 on: Sat, 27 February 2021, 11:39:34 »

Typically Scooped is a given for homing keys, it's also kind of hard to noticed the scooped keys in renders all the time, if you want to run a set without it best practice would be to let the customers know that your only providing barred and no homing for the set. When I discovered GMK Umbra didn't have scooped keys I was quite disappointed. It's one of the reasons why I ended up selling the set.

Offline Bregoli

« Reply #58 on: Sat, 27 February 2021, 12:09:10 »

It's standard practice to have both scoops and bars with GMK, and if you must get rid of one, I think scoops are much more popular. I think you're wasting both your time and participants' time with a poll like this.

I never specified scooped keys in the renders, I did specify barred keys in the renders. I thought it was clear enough with the info I gave. I never knew about this standard Practice. I also don't understand why no one asked? I understand that it might be difficult to spot in the renders. Either way I don't think it's a waste of time since the people who bought the set can vote. If it happens to be scooped I'll gladly change it.  :D
Luckily I was told before it was too late!

(Also currently no scoop is leading, obviously it's too early to tell)
« Last Edit: Sat, 27 February 2021, 12:10:49 by Bregoli »

Offline Fredington

• Instagram
« Reply #59 on: Sat, 27 February 2021, 13:50:19 »

I never specified scooped keys in the renders, I did specify barred keys in the renders. I thought it was clear enough with the info I gave. I never knew about this standard Practice. I also don't understand why no one asked? I understand that it might be difficult to spot in the renders. Either way I don't think it's a waste of time since the people who bought the set can vote. If it happens to be scooped I'll gladly change it.  :D

People didn't ask because they weren't expecting to have to.

Offline Bregoli

« Reply #60 on: Sat, 27 February 2021, 15:32:25 »
More

People didn't ask because they weren't expecting to have to.

Either way, now there's a vote and if the people don't like it, they can vote! Majority wins.  ;D

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

Re: [GB] GMK Alpine | VOTE ON HOMING KEYS!
« Reply #61 on: Sat, 27 February 2021, 15:37:49 »
is there a GMK set where they're neither scooped nor barred? now I gotta go dig through...

Offline Rayndalf

Re: [GB] GMK Alpine | VOTE ON HOMING KEYS!
« Reply #62 on: Fri, 05 March 2021, 04:17:37 »
is there a GMK set where they're neither scooped nor barred? now I gotta go dig through...
I have a couple vintage Cherry boards that don't have homing keys. They aren't great.

Offline Bregoli

Re: [GB] GMK Alpine | Waiting for everything!
« Reply #63 on: Sat, 06 March 2021, 03:51:22 »
Adding the results from my discord and the google form the result ended up being 18-15 in favor for scooped key. I've contacted gmk and it should be worked out soon!

Offline Bregoli

Re: [GB] GMK Alpine | Colormatched!
« Reply #64 on: Mon, 17 May 2021, 10:39:38 »
Color matching complete! I approved both colors, they're spot on! Really like how the purple turned out!

« Reply #65 on: Mon, 17 May 2021, 14:40:44 »
Color matching complete! I approved both colors, they're spot on! Really like how the purple turned out!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Those look amazing! Do you have a GMK set or two in grey or purple we can see in comparison? VoC, Plum, iris, q01, Carbon, oblivion, etc?

Offline Bregoli

« Reply #66 on: Mon, 17 May 2021, 23:25:07 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Those look amazing! Do you have a GMK set or two in grey or purple we can see in comparison? VoC, Plum, iris, q01, Carbon, oblivion, etc?

I don't own any purple sets sadly. I'll try to find some purple/colored objects you may know to show a comparison.

Offline wasd

« Reply #67 on: Sun, 23 May 2021, 02:48:25 »
Which keys are planned to be in the grey color?  Looking at the sample set images, they all appear purple/white to me?

Offline Bregoli

« Reply #68 on: Sun, 23 May 2021, 08:19:59 »
Which keys are planned to be in the grey color?  Looking at the sample set images, they all appear purple/white to me?

The white keys use grey text. The purple wouldn't have fit!

Offline DaaDaa

« Reply #69 on: Sat, 11 September 2021, 08:56:52 »
What is the delivery looking like? is there going to be big delays?
piggy60 red upgraded PVD w/ GMK umka zaku | tiramisuit w/ GMK noire JWK silk emerald | mr.suit black/chrome glossy chamfers w/ GMK minimal cow POM stem | jelly epoch w/ SA oblivion zaku | mode80 deco w/ gmk boneyard alpaca | mode 80 imperial with ePBT origami alpaca| MODE80 viridian /w CRP boba LT | RAMA thermal kuro w/ GMK muted 2 pewter | BBox60 C64 wih marshmellows and c64 keycaps | MODE Sonnet green /w MW voynich gateron ink box pink

« Reply #70 on: Sat, 11 September 2021, 16:35:04 »
What’s "big" nowadays? This should be in USA buyer hands in Q2 2022, ie 15-18 months from GB close. I’m still getting sets from last spring…

Offline Bregoli

« Reply #71 on: Tue, 28 September 2021, 03:24:36 »
What is the delivery looking like? is there going to be big delays?

Haven't heard from GMK yet. Colormatching was done and we're just waiting on GMK to catch up...

Offline Bregoli

« Reply #72 on: Mon, 11 October 2021, 07:55:25 »
Currently looking like Q3 2022, but I sadly can't promise that.

Offline jochang

« Reply #73 on: Tue, 11 January 2022, 02:52:09 »
HELLO, I would like to know when GMK Alpine can be shipped to China because it has been almost a whole year since I ordered it to today

Offline Totoro

« Reply #74 on: Thu, 13 January 2022, 23:46:52 »
emmm

Offline Bregoli

« Reply #75 on: Mon, 14 March 2022, 03:30:14 »
HELLO, I would like to know when GMK Alpine can be shipped to China because it has been almost a whole year since I ordered it to today

Hey, Sorry, I kinda forgot I also have to update the GH thread.

Latest we have from GMK is that they finish production in May. I don't know how accurate this is.

Offline YIINDA

« Reply #76 on: Fri, 08 July 2022, 07:19:37 »
Last update was in januari and it’s long past may which was expected finish date.
Are there any updates on where we are at now?

Offline Tyson

« Reply #77 on: Fri, 08 July 2022, 09:03:57 »
Last update was in januari and it’s long past may which was expected finish date.

Vendors have been posting that the set is in. KBDfans has extras already up. https://kbdfans.com/collections/keycaps/products/gb-gmk-alpine

Offline DaaDaa

« Reply #78 on: Fri, 08 July 2022, 10:52:20 »
My kit is supposed to come from kono so we know I’m gonna be the last person to see this set. One of the guiding principles of kono is always strive to suck more for your customers.
piggy60 red upgraded PVD w/ GMK umka zaku | tiramisuit w/ GMK noire JWK silk emerald | mr.suit black/chrome glossy chamfers w/ GMK minimal cow POM stem | jelly epoch w/ SA oblivion zaku | mode80 deco w/ gmk boneyard alpaca | mode 80 imperial with ePBT origami alpaca| MODE80 viridian /w CRP boba LT | RAMA thermal kuro w/ GMK muted 2 pewter | BBox60 C64 wih marshmellows and c64 keycaps | MODE Sonnet green /w MW voynich gateron ink box pink

Offline Bregoli

« Reply #79 on: Thu, 14 July 2022, 15:14:46 »

As Tyson said, Sets are shipping from some vendors. Some KBDFans customers have already recieved theirs!

Offline YESWEKEN

« Reply #80 on: Tue, 02 August 2022, 19:05:22 »
is anyone else missing the 1.75u shift key from their base kits?

Offline Bregoli

« Reply #81 on: Thu, 04 August 2022, 03:09:08 »
There is a mistake with the row 2 1.5u backspace (Descend) Novelty being Row 3. This has been noted by GMK.

Offline Bregoli

« Reply #82 on: Thu, 04 August 2022, 05:49:49 »
is anyone else missing the 1.75u shift key from their base kits?

Should be there, double check and if it isn't there, contact your vendor!