Author Topic: [IC] Cradle Wrist Rest  (Read 1890 times)

Offline Kamau

[IC] Cradle Wrist Rest
« on: Tue, 21 February 2023, 03:35:17 »
Cradle Wrist Rest

Overview

This is the initial interest check for Cradle, a wrist rest that provides gentle support within a minimalist form. This post is intended to gauge community interest and record feedback early in the production process.

Cradle is a response to wrist rests that focus on aesthetics at the expense of ergonomics. The neoprene rubber mat and plastic casing collaborate to cushion your wrists while distributing their weight, allowing for extended working sessions without discomfort. Its rubber feet keep the rest properly positioned during use as well.

Specifications

Angle: 6.5 Degrees
Lower Height: 14 mm
Weight: 165 g
Materials: ABS & Neoprene
Estimated Price: $25 USD
Manufacturer: TBD
Manufacturing Method: Injection Molded or SLA Printed (scale dependent)

Status

The design is stable and in-house prototyping has been completed. My goal is to deliver units late Q2 or early Q3 of 2023, and I’m currently vetting vendors to meet these timelines. Barring major surprises from this IC, I plan to launch the Group Buy within the next two weeks. I will update this post with new information throughout the process.

Thank you for your time.

IC Form

Offline PlayBox

Re: [IC] Cradle Wrist Rest
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 21 February 2023, 09:59:55 »
i doubt it will sell well tbh because we all know wrist rests aren't good for ergonomics and its not cheap too (for a wrist rest). not to be rude its just the truth
propably sent from my amazon kindle 10th gen

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 21 February 2023, 10:20:50 »
"we all know"? This is news to me.
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.
"Ask your mother how good I can use more than two fingers." - Caesar, 2023

Offline YoungManKim

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 21 February 2023, 10:39:22 »
Also how is $25 "not cheap" for a wrist rest? That seems pretty reasonable to me.

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 21 February 2023, 15:42:31 »
lmao most "studios" around engrave a logo in a polycarbonate brick and ask 100 bucks for it, how is $25 "not too cheap"

Offline TyPo.mk

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 21 February 2023, 16:09:53 »
Neat idea and affordable, good luck with interest check

Offline Klexos

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 23 February 2023, 01:56:24 »
Would like to know if the neoprene insert is removable/replaceable or permanently adhered