Author Topic: Bro Caps BLACKOUT Sale  (Read 3113477 times)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
Re: Bro Caps BLACKOUT Sale
« Reply #500 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 11:44:32 »
some juicy caps being added to this sale

stay tuned
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #501 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 11:45:17 »
please tell me there will be a ribbit ;D :cool:

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #502 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 11:47:51 »
so excited i may puke
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #503 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 11:55:34 »
so excited i may puke

It'll be ok lurch.....it'll be ok...

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #504 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 11:56:30 »
so excited i may puke

It'll be ok lurch.....it'll be ok...

Show Image

sent you a package today sir

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #505 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 11:59:31 »
Hope it will work out, with a nice and long time frame, i'm not at home until Wednesday, on a business trip somewhere in Germany.
... ...

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #506 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 12:08:28 »

stay tuned

Sounds like we have some tough/fun decisions to make. :)

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #507 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 12:40:18 »
Does this mean that the 4 of us that got picked have the opportunity to get what we'd like? Or just priority for one cap?

*edit* okay now that I see back to the OP I now realize what great gift has been bestowed upon me....
Yeah we have been gifted! That's for sure.

Does this mean that the 4 of us that got picked have the opportunity to get what we'd like? Or just priority for one cap?

*edit* okay now that I see back to the OP I now realize what great gift has been bestowed upon me....

Yeah we have been gifted! That's for sure.

Yes, very generous offer extended.

I am excite.

This is probably one of the most exciting and best wins I've ever scored in my time here. I am definitely savoring the flavour because something this incredibly awesome is a true rarity   :thumb:

Congrats guys!

(Bitter as hell because I know RNGanesha hates me and I won't win one, but happy for all of you nonetheless!)
Thanks! You'll get some too, don't loose hope!

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #508 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 12:41:08 »

stay tuned
Damn so much #Hype.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #509 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 12:57:03 »
In the off chance that these 'juicy' caps might be pink/teal or something similar... do these sales usually happen at like 12 GMT tonight?

Offline joey

« Reply #510 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 13:00:14 »
I'm still a bit confused. Sorry if I've missed something (obvious).

On the 3rd of February the link https://ctrlalt.io/bro-caps will show up a new sale? And then you place an order, and after that certain people get randomly selected.. and eventually you may get some caps? and if not, you don't pay, or get a refund?

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #511 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 13:04:44 »

On the 3rd of February the link https://ctrlalt.io/bro-caps will show up a new sale? And then you place an order, and after that certain people get randomly selected.. and eventually you may get some caps? and if not, you don't pay, or get a refund?

this; https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=60871.0 should help you, you don't pay until you get an invoice, just place an order.

Offline joey

« Reply #512 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 13:44:42 »

this; https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=60871.0 should help you, you don't pay until you get an invoice, just place an order.

Thanks! So yes, I did miss the obvious Bro caps FAQ!

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #513 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 13:45:35 »
In the off chance that these 'juicy' caps might be pink/teal or something similar... do these sales usually happen at like 12 GMT tonight?

I'm pretty sure by default you get one if it is :3
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #514 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 13:47:54 »

8pm my time tomorrow itll start

itll be up for about 28 hours ish

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #515 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 15:39:19 »
some new additions

Pharaoh V2 - topre, mx, bs

Pharaoh reaper - topre, mx

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #516 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 15:42:06 »
some new additions

Show Image

Show Image

Will they be shown during the sale or will they be hidden all the way?

Offline Lurch

« Reply #517 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 15:42:51 »
some new additions

Show Image

Show Image

o0o0o0o

10/10 curious

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #518 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 15:47:26 »
some new additions

Show Image

Show Image

Pharaoh , I guess gold on black.
And another reaper, gonna be very hard to choose only 4caps for the ticket u_u
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Cottonsox

« Reply #519 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 16:21:57 »
some new additions

Show Image

Show Image

Pharaoh , I guess gold on black.
And another reaper, gonna be very hard to choose only 4caps for the ticket u_u

If it is gold and black, i might have a new leader in my prioirty list!

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #520 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 16:35:55 »
Based upon my recent luck in sales, my understanding of the system is this:

Everyone gets a raffle number. The 1st number gets all of his top pics, then the next and so on. This would make sense to me as if I win, I usually get more than one cap, because say you are 1st, you would get your top 5 caps. If you are second, you would also. Say the 10th person cannot get their first choice because it is sold out, so they get their next choice. And then it keeps going down the list until all of the caps are gone. If you are 50th, chances are all of the caps are gone, so you get nothing. This is all coded, as after the timer ends, the raffle is over in about 10 minutes and emails start getting sent out to the winners.
Ah, someone with experience :)

Are you limited to choosing however many caps the max you can buy is or can you add as many as you like to increase your chances of getting something, or is there another randomly chosen limit?  Not that I'm a pessimist but I'd probably avoid the ones with the most hype if I'm limited.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #521 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 16:37:53 »
Can't wait to see the Pharaoh reaper  ^-^

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #522 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 16:40:48 »

Everyone gets a raffle number. The 1st number gets all of his top pics, then the next and so on. This would make sense to me as if I win, I usually get more than one cap, because say you are 1st, you would get your top 5 caps. If you are second, you would also. Say the 10th person cannot get their first choice because it is sold out, so they get their next choice. And then it keeps going down the list until all of the caps are gone. If you are 50th, chances are all of the caps are gone, so you get nothing. This is all coded, as after the timer ends, the raffle is over in about 10 minutes and emails start getting sent out to the winners.

Are you limited to choosing however many caps the max you can buy is or can you add as many as you like to increase your chances of getting something, or is there another randomly chosen limit?  Not that I'm a pessimist but I'd probably avoid the ones with the most hype if I'm limited.

You can add as many as you like, but you can only win a max of however many they decide (usually 2-4). Think of your ticket as basically a priority based wish list.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #523 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 16:42:47 »

You can add as many as you like, but you can only win a max of however many they decide (usually 2-4). Think of your ticket as basically a priority based wish list.

This!  :)

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #524 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 16:45:53 »

8pm my time tomorrow itll start

itll be up for about 28 hours ish

wicked, I can get a proper nights sleep <3

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #525 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 16:57:50 »

Great!  And there's no rush to decide as it's open for a whole day, plenty of time to check out the secret new designs :D

Only problem is that a script is not clever enough to accept "I only want one Zombro but I really want one, along with some other designs" - I could land up with all of them if all my other "first" choices are sold out and I put them as high up backups.  I guess that's why so many land up on WTT threads...
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #526 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 17:19:26 »

Great!  And there's no rush to decide as it's open for a whole day, plenty of time to check out the secret new designs :D

Only problem is that a script is not clever enough to accept "I only want one Zombro but I really want one, along with some other designs" - I could land up with all of them if all my other "first" choices are sold out and I put them as high up backups.  I guess that's why so many land up on WTT threads...

True, it is possible for that to happen, but a fairly low chance because you have to be low enough not to get your first picks, but high enough to still get some. I think the reasonable thing to do is only pick caps you actually want, otherwise you might win something you don't really want, and that someone else wanted.

Offline Corey

« Reply #527 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 17:24:48 »
Do the winners get chosen out of the entirety of the people who enter, or is it first in first served?

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #528 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 17:30:29 »
Do the winners get chosen out of the entirety of the people who enter, or is it first in first served?

It is random out of the entirety of people who enter. It doesn't matter when your ticket is submitted over the 28hour period.

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #529 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 17:37:46 »
Is the sale the second or the third?

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #530 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 17:43:29 »
Is the sale the second or the third?

3rd
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #531 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 18:19:09 »
i said no more dibs

but i lied

its the night before the sale

and im gonna give 1 more away

to enter, post a gif of any of the following

taylor swift
emma stone
rachel bilson
kristen bell

whoever posts my favourite

gets dibs

you can enter as many times as you like

i dont know how long ill keep this open

maybe an hour, maybe all night

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #532 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 18:21:05 »

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #533 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 18:21:06 »
Also, when you add the caps from your computer browser you can rearrange the priority.

If on mobile then you should add them in order of least to most wanted, many mobile browsers can't rearrange.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #534 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 18:21:37 »
Show Image

veronica mars, very nice start sir

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #535 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 18:21:47 »
i said no more dibs

but i lied

taylor swift
emma stone
rachel bilson
kristen bell

gets dibs

I always knew you had good taste  :))

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #536 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 18:22:33 »
i said no more dibs

but i lied

taylor swift
emma stone
rachel bilson
kristen bell

gets dibs

I always knew you had good taste  :))

the last 2 were personal additions, they dont get nearly enough gif love

Offline jalaj

« Reply #537 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 18:23:14 »
two outta four

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #538 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 18:24:52 »

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #539 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 18:25:55 »

Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Psybin

• of Rallos Zek
« Reply #540 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 18:26:24 »

Offline Alex92

« Reply #541 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 18:27:44 »

Offline Psybin

• of Rallos Zek
« Reply #542 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 18:28:38 »
NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW

More

OK, I have to stop, I'll be here until it locks filling this up. I HAVE OTHER STUFF TO DO OK STOP DISTRACTING ME.
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 February 2015, 18:38:22 by Psybin »

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #543 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 18:29:01 »

Offline Lurch

« Reply #544 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 18:30:29 »

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #545 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 18:31:26 »
I know she isn't on this list, but one of my personal favs:

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #546 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 18:31:46 »
Can I submit?

NSFW
More

Offline jalaj

« Reply #547 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 18:34:16 »

i'd normally go for BBQ sauce w/ fingerlings, but I'll make an exception

Offline Lurch

« Reply #548 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 18:34:45 »

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #549 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 18:37:18 »
Can I submit?

NSFW
More

You know you've got a good product when you're trying to get dibs in your own sales   :p