Author Topic: Post your Ergodox!  (Read 167281 times)

Offline clickclack123

Re: Post your Ergodox!
« Reply #200 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 23:44:48 »
After seen all these beautiful and elegant ErgoDox, I think I would like to post in another extreme, the ugly, evolving, Frankendox:

(Attachment Link)

The Frankendox looks awesome, in a "cool retro pc found on the side of the road" sort of way.

I much prefer functionality to form anyway.

What you need is an old beige dial phone to go with that rj11 cable.
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 March 2014, 23:47:01 by clickclack123 »

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #201 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 00:12:47 »

My white PCB with blues

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #202 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 00:40:17 »
Dis is my greatest keycap making tool.

Plates from MD look great on top of acrylic!

Wrist rests by Noko leatherworks.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #203 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 01:17:16 »
Oh man those rests look sexy. Gonna have to nab a set

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #204 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 01:31:45 »
Show Image

Only right hand finished, need more cmyk and purple.

tj, ergodox cymk and purple sets pls :)

Dunno if i want to run another gb for a cap set i want.  Kinda meh with that process

Oh and i'm fully doxed now.  getting used to using the right fingers for all the keys is hard

Next is to figure out what matching sleeving I want my cables in

Offline EvillePanda

« Reply #205 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 10:52:29 »
Need to buy my ergodox on MassDrop.  Trying to decide on blues or clears.  I really like the clicky of the blues on my TECK board, but if I decide to travel with my Ergo, will it be too loud for public spaces and conferences?
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline darkfire32

« Reply #206 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 13:16:13 »
Need to buy my ergodox on MassDrop.  Trying to decide on blues or clears.  I really like the clicky of the blues on my TECK board, but if I decide to travel with my Ergo, will it be too loud for public spaces and conferences?

Yes, the blues sound is very high pitched and once you start typing at full speed it becomes complete madness. I wouldn't bring it to any public places like the library or whatnot. Imagine youre bringing a typewriter wherever you go.

Offline lcs

• Lover of Grape Drank
  • はやく
« Reply #207 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 13:18:31 »
I find that blacks are the quietest switches.

Offline EvillePanda

« Reply #208 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 13:26:37 »
Quiet, yes, but I got my boyfriend a red board and it was not nice to type on.  I understand that blacks are stiffer reds, so I do not believe that would be a good switch for me.  So, clears it is. 

Also, all these boards look awesome.  I wonder, though, if it might work to put vinyl in between the last two acrylic layers instead of on the top layer?
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline mrklaw

« Reply #209 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 15:33:00 »
Trying to resist buying an Ergodox from the current massdrop. All these pics aren't helping.
Ducky Zero with DSA Dolch and SA Vim key

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #210 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 23:47:03 »

It's not perfect, but it's mine and I love it.

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Keyboards are Important!
« Reply #211 on: Tue, 08 April 2014, 00:26:34 »

all my mod keys are blue now and match.  i have posted this photo on this site already but i figure i should throw it on here as well.
|  Fundamentalist ErgoDox Zealot  |  HHKB Hybrid

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #212 on: Tue, 08 April 2014, 05:47:25 »
Show Image

all my mod keys are blue now and match.  i have posted this photo on this site already but i figure i should throw it on here as well.

I think that's the first one I have seen with SA keycaps.  Looking good - the colours match the case extremely well :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline zflamewing

« Reply #213 on: Thu, 10 April 2014, 09:24:26 »
I can't wait to get my dox kit off the last Mass Drop.  The last few photos have me super excited.  I went with full hand case, blue switches which I'll swap the springs to 65gm, and I'll top it off with the Penumbra set.  I'm not sure if I'll use the base or alt alphas on it though.
DK9008 MX Blues | CM QFR MX Blues | CM XT MX Greens

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #214 on: Thu, 10 April 2014, 11:04:02 »
Show Image

I think that's the first one I have seen with SA keycaps.  Looking good - the colours match the case extremely well :)

I think the use of SA caps forces me to learn this board because your hands have to be deliberate.  also for me the ergodox is the first board i have put SA caps on that feels right.  this could very well be due to the use of clear stock switches. 

I also bought a **** ton of Round 5 labeled caps for the ergodox that should be titties.  7-bit buys are the best!

Offline squarefrog

• \m/_
    • Ergodox Layout Stats
« Reply #215 on: Sat, 12 April 2014, 04:25:17 »
Here is a potato pic of mine that I finished last night.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #216 on: Sat, 12 April 2014, 04:37:31 »

Show Image

Actually that's so clean my first thought was that it was a render, not a photo :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tbc

« Reply #217 on: Sat, 12 April 2014, 04:41:39 »
it looks so fake lol
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline squarefrog

• \m/_
    • Ergodox Layout Stats
« Reply #218 on: Sat, 12 April 2014, 10:35:33 »
it looks so fake lol

It's real. You can tell by the potato pixels.

Actually that's so clean my first thought was that it was a render, not a photo :p
Haha honestly it looks so much better in person. I'm a massive fan of Czareks plain white case. Beautiful.

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #219 on: Sat, 12 April 2014, 10:59:30 »
it looks so fake lol

it looks so fake lol

Haha honestly it looks so much better in person. I'm a massive fan of Czareks plain white case. Beautiful.

Looks GREAT!!   I'm waiting on Czarek's finished ErgoDox plates.  But that white case looks just awesome!!   Trying to figure out how I can get together an entire GMK set for my upcoming build.   Plate, white case, ErgoDock and Nixdorf blacks!! 

Offline czarek

• Keep the momentum going!
    • FalbaTech
« Reply #220 on: Wed, 16 April 2014, 11:18:25 »
I can assure you it's real :) It also has engravings above the keys which are invisible on this photo.
And to be honest this one is probably the best one I've seen so far. Excellent taste while choosing colour theme.
My little ErgoDox / GH60 factory: http://falbatech.pl

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #221 on: Wed, 16 April 2014, 11:22:28 »

Show Image

I. Want. One.
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #222 on: Wed, 16 April 2014, 11:54:24 »

Show Image

That looks really good. Did it come out cheaper than buying from massdrop?
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline wiredPANDA

« Reply #223 on: Wed, 16 April 2014, 12:06:47 »
I really need to dust mine off and get something to tent it with.  I've neglected it for a few months now.
| HHKB Pro 2 | Leopold FC660C
| Poker.PANDAclears | ErgoDox (62g Black)

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #224 on: Wed, 16 April 2014, 14:28:42 »
I really need to dust mine off and get something to tent it with.  I've neglected it for a few months now.

blasphemy!!!!

Offline wiredPANDA

« Reply #225 on: Wed, 16 April 2014, 14:51:16 »
T__T

Never had time to adjust to it with work.  And I had a major flare up of my tennis elbow when I tried using it without tenting.
| HHKB Pro 2 | Leopold FC660C
| Poker.PANDAclears | ErgoDox (62g Black)

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #226 on: Wed, 16 April 2014, 22:45:13 »
yeah like i said in my other topic, "how are you liking the ergodox", If you want to have the hands together and the mouse/trackball/trackpad on the right side you need to tent it, however i have learned that if you put a good amount of space between the two hands (enough for a normal mousepad) and put the mouse/trackball/trackpad in the center you may find that it may work just as well, worth a try to those who have only used the ergodox with the hands next to each other, give it like a couple days spin and see how it works for you guys :)

Offline squarefrog

• \m/_
    • Ergodox Layout Stats
« Reply #227 on: Thu, 17 April 2014, 03:51:09 »
I can assure you it's real :) It also has engravings above the keys which are invisible on this photo.
And to be honest this one is probably the best one I've seen so far. Excellent taste while choosing colour theme.

Why thank you. Heres a link to the gallery http://imgur.com/a/RDtHp which shows the engraving

I. Want. One.

Get one! Theres nothing massively unique about mine - case from Czarek, keys from http://pimpmykeyboard.com/

yeah like i said in my other topic, "how are you liking the ergodox", If you want to have the hands together and the mouse/trackball/trackpad on the right side you need to tent it, however i have learned that if you put a good amount of space between the two hands (enough for a normal mousepad) and put the mouse/trackball/trackpad in the center you may find that it may work just as well, worth a try to those who have only used the ergodox with the hands next to each other, give it like a couple days spin and see how it works for you guys :)

I tried the trackpad in the middle and i cant get used to it. So my phone lives there now!

I'm trying tenting now

That looks really good. Did it come out cheaper than buying from massdrop?

To be honest I have no idea. I kinda lost track of what i spent as I ordered parts from all over the place. Got the switches from someone on here. My gut reaction is that its way cheaper as I didn't have to pay import tax as all the parts came from within the EU.

Offline czarek

• Keep the momentum going!
    • FalbaTech
« Reply #228 on: Thu, 17 April 2014, 10:28:07 »
It's more or less same price, but turnaround is much quicker (between one and two weeks) and if you're in EU, you save on import duties which are quite substantial.
Just a note that I'm not making any money on any components apart from the case (which makes me about 20€ which I think is about right for over an hour of CNC machining, also all this money + quite a bit of extra from my side will be spent on RND of the wireless BlueTooth version soon). In fact on first batch of PCBs I was actually loosing money.
My little ErgoDox / GH60 factory: http://falbatech.pl

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #229 on: Thu, 17 April 2014, 11:06:55 »
It's more or less same price, but turnaround is much quicker (between one and two weeks) and if you're in EU, you save on import duties which are quite substantial.
Just a note that I'm not making any money on any components apart from the case (which makes me about 20€ which I think is about right for over an hour of CNC machining, also all this money + quite a bit of extra from my side will be spent on RND of the wireless BlueTooth version soon). In fact on first batch of PCBs I was actually loosing money.

yea but no full hand options for anyone outside of massdrop. at least not that i can find.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #230 on: Thu, 17 April 2014, 13:17:05 »
I used the full hand for a good 2-3 months and found the full hand is a flawed design, it sits your palms too low, your hands shouldn't be angled up like that, hence why using a palm rest with the classic hand or using no palm rest at all is much better. I know some may disagree with that and that is fine.

DSCN1538.jpg

(i took off the skull squadron caps a few days ago, i was just playing around with them on the ergodox)

Offline elllit

« Reply #231 on: Thu, 17 April 2014, 13:34:22 »
I too can praise the czarek dox kit. It looks really nice -- even though I still havnt got myself have a proper caps set.

He delivered fast and for a euro-guy it does come cheaper, as you dont have to pay import sales taxes (stuff worth over 22 Euro (45 if non-commercial)) or even customs duty (stuff over 150 Euro).

Btw. his set comes with a free chocolate... so that is a plus  :thumb:

I already altered my layout multiple times... at the moment I use this:

https://www.massdrop.com/ext/ergodox/?referer=6TEJHW&hash=6f460ee63e70676ea3bdd3646edfad20
 [I have some more pics of the build process]

But it feels weird for programming. I am used to heavily use the arrow keys combined with ctrl, alt, shift and del. This layout still doesnt really support this... at least not for me. I have to figure out what I use the most and put the arrows and at least the del key on layer 1 of the right hand... instead of the 9 block.

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #232 on: Thu, 17 April 2014, 14:13:50 »
I used the full hand for a good 2-3 months and found the full hand is a flawed design, it sits your palms too low, your hands shouldn't be angled up like that, hence why using a palm rest with the classic hand or using no palm rest at all is much better. I know some may disagree with that and that is fine.

Show Image
DSCN1538.jpg

(i took off the skull squadron caps a few days ago, i was just playing around with them on the ergodox)

depends on what profile caps you use. i use SA so full hand is perfect.  but i could see how you would think that using DSA or DCS.

all that said i am going to build another ergodox asap and it will be the classic style.  i like the classic style aluminum cases mechanicalkeyboards.com have. i just wish they had a white aluminum version.  black will do though.
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 April 2014, 14:16:23 by tricheboars »

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #233 on: Thu, 17 April 2014, 14:39:33 »
SA makes it actually worse for me which is why commando never ended up staying on my ergodox, the tall profile means my hands are tilted even more up to make up for the height, i have found my hands should be has flat as possible, tented or not tented. as well as the pad/rest should only have your palm resting and not the actual wrist otherwise you cut it off. but thats just me....the kinesis advantage "welled" design also went with this idea

Untitled

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #234 on: Thu, 17 April 2014, 15:20:03 »
SA makes it actually worse for me which is why commando never ended up staying on my ergodox, the tall profile means my hands are tilted even more up to make up for the height, i have found my hands should be has flat as possible, tented or not tented. as well as the pad/rest should only have your palm resting and not the actual wrist otherwise you cut it off. but thats just me....the kinesis advantage "welled" design also went with this idea

Show Image
Untitled

GLOD did you try SA on the full hand case?

on a classic case i can see why SA would not be ideal.  but with the full hand the extra height the SA caps gives me a really nice comfy resting position on  home row. i am really digging it.

also GLOD do you use costar stabs on your 2x thumb keys? i just removed my stabs and i like it better. unrelated to what we are talking about but i am curious nonetheless.
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 April 2014, 15:23:37 by tricheboars »

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #235 on: Thu, 17 April 2014, 15:37:33 »
i tried the commando SA on the full hand, its actually in the commando thread pictures of it,
New Configuration by almightyglod, on Flickr
and tented
DSCN1128.jpg by almightyglod, on Flickr

i found the opposite of what you are saying, that SA works better on classic with a higher wrist/palm rest like i have, the full hand palm area sits too low (as pictured even with pads) and your hands are inclined to reach the top of the SA keys, which is why dsa works well with a high wrist rest, my hands are not inclined at all, from my elbows to my knuckles are all the same height. instant pain reliever. like i said its based on how the kinesis advantage has your fingers in a well instead of inclined.

again this is all my opinion, we as humans are all different which is why custom keyboards are the ****ing best.

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #236 on: Thu, 17 April 2014, 18:29:07 »
huh. i am 5'11 and fairly normal in size (for american white males).  perhaps hand size has something to do with it?

also are you using costar stabs on the 2x thumb cluster?

Offline Larken

« Reply #237 on: Fri, 18 April 2014, 01:14:47 »
This is a guess, but Glod, are you typing with your palms resting on the wrist rest/pads?

I've been using my fullhand exclusive for almost the last year (also own a classic, but it's hardly used), and I'm inclined to agree with Glod that the fullhand is a bit of a flawed design in term of resting your wrists; but this is only if you type while your wrists are on the rest/pads, which is not the ergonomically correct thing to do.

Your hands are supposed to hover over the keys, palms/wrists not touching anything while you're typing. The likely reason why SA would be more of a stretch would be due to just that - resting your palms on the rests (built in or external) while your fingers are hammering the keys, as the height of the built-in rests aren't meant to be used like that. The profile shouldn't affect reach-ability.

In a way the classic is better as it doesn't give you the option to rest your palms while typing, or the option to get even taller wrist rests so you can do just that (still not a good thing to do.)

Hovering is most easily achieved with a chair with arm rests at the right height, so the palm rests are used only when you're not typing. I've been typing with that particular bad habit for years before it developed into daily aches in the area of my palms, and I'd since corrected that by adjusting my chair instead.
| Ergodox #1 | Ergodox #2 |

Filco Majestouch Brown | Ducky 1087 Brown | Cherry G80-3494 Reds | Unicomp Ultra Classics | Cherry G80-8113 Clears |

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #238 on: Fri, 18 April 2014, 09:02:50 »
sounds like I just got an excuse to get a Herman Miller or Steelcase. woo. thanks Larken.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #239 on: Fri, 18 April 2014, 12:15:58 »
i realize the right ergonomics but i have to rest my palms when i type, i have hand tremors, sometimes very severe (essential tremor diagnosis), it is a pain the ass sometimes for soldering and customizing my keyboards :( but when my palms are rested my fingers are less likely to lose their place, you have to be careful with wrist rests, you don't want to put them actually directly on your wrist (unless you have one of those full arm pads) or you will cut off blood flow i think is what happens, but the pads of my palm seem to work fine and the ergodox allows me to do that.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #240 on: Fri, 18 April 2014, 12:24:46 »

Show Image
DSCN1538.jpg

That is a super nice look Ergdox, love how clean it looks and how well that case goes with those caps

Offline Larken

« Reply #241 on: Fri, 18 April 2014, 13:42:13 »
i realize the right ergonomics but i have to rest my palms when i type, i have hand tremors, sometimes very severe (essential tremor diagnosis), it is a pain the ass sometimes for soldering and customizing my keyboards :( but when my palms are rested my fingers are less likely to lose their place, you have to be careful with wrist rests, you don't want to put them actually directly on your wrist (unless you have one of those full arm pads) or you will cut off blood flow i think is what happens, but the pads of my palm seem to work fine and the ergodox allows me to do that.

I'm sorry to hear about the hand tremors. It would make sense why you would be using the palm rests while typing then, though as I had mentioned, there are other problems that could set in eventually (my hands took years before suddenly aching on a daily basis). Soft rests would probably help alleviate the potential problems from doing so.

@Tricheboar; not so much of an excuse - a decent chair helps alot in the long run. I find the arm rests indispensable for using a very tented ergodox.
| Ergodox #1 | Ergodox #2 |

Filco Majestouch Brown | Ducky 1087 Brown | Cherry G80-3494 Reds | Unicomp Ultra Classics | Cherry G80-8113 Clears |

Offline oystein.krog

« Reply #242 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 11:00:34 »
Here is my current ergodox.
Homemade wrist rests and some ghetto legs for tenting.
The case/pcb is from czarek@deskthority, the caps from a SP group buy.
I'm still very much experimenting with the layout, so the caps are a bit messy:P

https://plus.google.com/113252364984901542714/posts/1B5jtAFRtyq
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 April 2014, 11:11:55 by oystein.krog »

Offline oystein.krog

« Reply #243 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 11:06:37 »

I'm sorry to hear about the hand tremors. It would make sense why you would be using the palm rests while typing then, though as I had mentioned, there are other problems that could set in eventually (my hands took years before suddenly aching on a daily basis). Soft rests would probably help alleviate the potential problems from doing so.

@Tricheboar; not so much of an excuse - a decent chair helps alot in the long run. I find the arm rests indispensable for using a very tented ergodox.

I actually use some thick wool socks folded on top of my custom fullhand, this has the dual purpose of raising my hands and also being a really comfortable material.
I've tried lots of materials, but thick/coarse wool is really the best I've found so far.

Offline agodinhost

• Soylent green is people ...
    • Dr Ian O Xaman
« Reply #244 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 22:47:22 »

Traditional blues.
20 years adapted wyse keycaps (work in progress)
Moz 8 layers acrylic case (1.5mm per layer)
Sleeved cables.

Special thanks to JDCarpe and TheChemist for the international proxy.
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 May 2014, 23:00:01 by agodinhost »
Building one square I2C keyboard with those 1200 switches (thanks JDCarpe)
GH60 |GH60-Alps |GH60-BT |GHPad/GHPad Alps |GH60-Case |Alps TKL |EL Wire |OS Controller, Round 2 |My Custom Keyboard |WTT/WTB

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #245 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 22:56:52 »
Holy crap dem images

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #246 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 05:34:08 »
Show Image

Show Image

Traditional blues.
20 years adapted wyse keycaps (work in progress)
Moz 8 layers acrylic case (1.5mm per layer)
Sleeved cables.

Special thanks to JDCarpe and TheChemist for the international proxy.

Ahahahaha I've been waiting for someone to post separate pictures of the halves of an ErgoDox - thank you :))

Offline AKmalamute

• HHKB Scrub
« Reply #247 on: Sun, 25 May 2014, 00:46:14 »

Plate has been completed. Browns under the pinky, with non-homerow pinky keys getting a slightly lighter 50gr spring. Thumbclusters got heavier 100gr spings, mostly. All non-clear springs got repurposed under ring finger keys, which are now ergoclears.

Your very first progressive ergodox, I believe. Now, if somebody could just come up with the spacer pieces JDcarpe so graciously created, I could start the process of soldering this together.

Can I just say I'm super excited?

I will anyway. I'm super excited about this project.

HHKB-lite2, Dvorak user

Offline neuronbasher

« Reply #248 on: Sun, 25 May 2014, 12:15:43 »
My brand new Ergodox from the most recently completed Massdrop. While I'm waiting on the Granite groupbuy keys to get finished up and arrive I'm working with some generic DCS keys from Signature Plastics. I love the texture, but I was having a heck of a time locating home row by touch, even with the single homing key ... so I swapped in a set of home row keys from my oldest (15 years and counting!) Kinesis Professional.

Feels like home!  :D

65997-0

Offline zflamewing

« Reply #249 on: Sun, 25 May 2014, 13:18:27 »
That's really sharp.  I need to get mine built though I'll be waiting on my Penumbra set to top it off.
DK9008 MX Blues | CM QFR MX Blues | CM XT MX Greens