Author Topic: Post your Ergodox!  (Read 167291 times)

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
Re: Post your Ergodox!
« Reply #250 on: Sun, 01 June 2014, 00:12:31 »
ITS TIME AGAIN FOR A GLOD ERGODOX PICTURE UPDATE. oh yes, those who follow this thread know i **** around with my ergodox like every other month as we are entering in my 14th month with the ergodox. leet ergo power!

This Time, The return of the full metal ergodox. (this thing was in a box for months) now with noko wrist rest in saddle tan. i completely rebuilt this thing a few days ago, it had some huge problems originally which made me stop using it way back, i really gave up on the thing due to various reasons. One of the reasons was i tried to hard to bring the aluminium to mirror like finish and that wasn't wise, it gets scratched too easy, so i re-sanded it with 320 grit under a sink and i got this brushed look, i love it, and if it gets scratched i can easily take the top covers off and re-sand it.

I know some are wondering who give me compliments about the kurplop wood ergodock, I stopped using the wood rest awhile back, i scratched it up bad, like huge dents in the wood, tried to sand down, re-stain, and coat it but that didnt work out well (sorry kurplop).... in the end though i really needed real estate on my keyboard tray on my desk and the wood rests took up much space.

You'll see i keep a little bit a tent still and i can adjust it to a lot of tent but that doesn't work well with the rests, i like it like this anyway. I also like distance between the two hands, i really think that sets it apart from other keyboards is putting a good amount of distance between the two hands. it makes a huge different and i highly suggest others with the ergodox try this out.

I am also giving stock clears a chance, I never gave stock clears more than few hours of my time, i immediately mod them but im going to try them stock and see if i can used to them.

Because the TRRS connector is a POS and has problems with the aluminium case, i used hook up wire, the thick solid wire you can buy, no fraying and very stiff, i sleeved it and "hooked on" to the pcb and soldered, its really solid and wont come off even with alot of pull.

i took the bottoms off the case because it makes the ergodox thinner as the metal case is  thicker than the acrylic case. youll notice NO BOLTS, i did the M2 screws and cylinder trick to make it look countersunk, I FREAKING HATE THOSE M3 BOLTS SO MUCH!

/rant, heres the pictures

Cant wait to get Granite on this thing :) PBT FTW.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/nP8K2m]

« Last Edit: Sun, 01 June 2014, 00:20:15 by Glod »

Offline tbc

« Reply #251 on: Sun, 01 June 2014, 02:57:19 »
holy **** that is one of the most hardcore pictures on GH yet.....

i can't wait till someone makes a CNC ergodox case
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline Coreda

« Reply #252 on: Sun, 01 June 2014, 03:08:49 »
Ctrl+F "tp4tissue". 0 results.

Am I correct that tp doesn't actually show his highly lauded ergodox?

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #253 on: Sun, 01 June 2014, 03:21:20 »
Very nice Glod! Seeing your posts really makes me want an ED, but I think it might be too hard for me to learn to use (and play sc2 with)!

Shame about those wooden wrests though, they where really sweet!

Offline esko997

• Linux Lover
« Reply #254 on: Sun, 01 June 2014, 13:16:49 »
Was just browsing this thread and cant believe the Dox -- they look awesome all! Would like to share my own -- its pretty average right now but its getting there.

What Im looking to add next is an ErgoDock or some kind of tenting setup.

Pics of the Dox and my layout below!
Daily Drivers:  Unicomp Customizer (BS -- Linux Layout) | Vortex Race 3 (Clears)
Other Boards: CM Quickfire Stealth (Greens) | Poker II (Blues) | PLU-ML 87 (Ergo Clears)  | JD40 (Browns) | Leopold FC660C (Topre) | IBM Model M | ErgoDox (Clears) | Sentraq s60x DIY (Blacks) | Anne Pro 2 (Blues) | Cherry G80-11900 (Blacks) | Kira (99 Key) (Hako True)

Offline tbc

« Reply #255 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 04:12:05 »
okay....so the board is plain jane right now (besides Zeal's awesome TRRS cable), but I will post a before and after picture once my noko wrist rest, granite caps, AKmamalute Stainless Steel case all come in :D

67713-0

Offline richardkemp

« Reply #256 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 16:02:51 »
Hi all, I got a massdrop dox around this time last year but only just got around to putting it together. Lazy bum! It's fantastic though and I can't believe I was prepared to spend so much money on it, but not prepared to spend a little time making it work.

Now, I've either not been sent enough keycaps, or I somehow lost some. Is there anyone in the UK who has replaced their caps and can send me one spare from the style that massdrop provides? The blank ones, like this: https://d3jqoivu6qpygv.cloudfront.net/img_bucket/ergodox/_W3T2166.jpg

Will pay via paypal if you like. Many thanks!!

Offline AKmalamute

• HHKB Scrub
« Reply #257 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 12:31:58 »
Tried to type, "First five minutes on my new ergodox" but hit the wrong modifier, and lost my post. So I'm up to ten minutes now.  :p

Columnar stagger is hard. My fingers want to go somewhere else! Also the control keys aren't where I expect them to be, yet. Plus I'm almost certain to move stuff within the first month or two.

Stock MX clears under two thirds of it, with whites for some modifiers, and browns under the pinkies, and springs under the forefinger swapped with 100gr models, and pinky-reach keys have 50gr replacements installed. Also, my stainless steel case comes in at five (yes, 5!) pounds fully assembled, so "lasered metal ergodox, whooo!"

HHKB-lite2, Dvorak user

Offline kurplop

• THE HERO WE DON'T DESERVE
« Reply #258 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 12:42:00 »
Tried to type, "First five minutes on my new ergodox" but hit the wrong modifier, and lost my post. So I'm up to ten minutes now. 

I think I made that statement a year ago. Don't worry. You will be use to it in no time and never want to use a regular board again.

Offline AKmalamute

• HHKB Scrub
didn't want to start a new thread for a short review, so ...
« Reply #259 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 22:47:28 »
Day two. I've redone the modifiers, and I think I like it, but there are several keys I consistently miss. Anything below or over from my left index finger, and oddly - the space bar. Also I'm still getting a lot of spurious keystrokes as my fingers, recognizing they're untrained, flail about madly in search of something, anything, to hit in hopes it will turn out to be the right key.

But on the whole of it, I find the split-hand design refreshing, even if I'm continually pounding the bare case with the index of the wrong hand. With practice, the correct amount of reach will become natural.

At the moment, it feels like I should move the backspace in one -- I'm using it way more than TAB. And familiarity aside, that may be the norm for me; I'm uncertain. But what strikes me about it, is that I'm over reaching with my left thumb, and under-reaching with my right; also slamming the bare case (thank heavens for stainless steel's high hardness-rating).

My pinky finger sometimes gets confused by the columnar stagger, too. Again, practice, and so far it's nothing to dissuade me from the inherent rightness of a two-handed, fully programmable keyboard.

I will say that the phone cord I'm using to talk between the halves is prone to getting very warm after a time sitting or typing, or presumably any halfway point in between. So: word to the wise, don't skimp on wire gauge, as heavier, will last longer.

So: that's your review of the ergodox from me. I've adjusted the keycaps so that, by and large, they're in the right spot -- modifiers & punctuation too. This helps for when I'm trying desperately to teach my left hand where the alt-key is...that's the ScrollLock key. :) Also, the laughing man is 'delete' & Thundercats hold AltGr.

I suppose I should try to get a decent picture of it, now. it's almost a unicorn vomit board. Certainly when my MD blue doubleshots come in, it will purport to be such.

HHKB-lite2, Dvorak user

Offline Jagriff

« Reply #260 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 02:18:12 »
I recommend taking another look at your layout. Mine is in no way perfect but I've done a few things that others may have overlooked. All non-marked keys are transparent (to layer 0).

68892-0

A few key points:
1) Backspace and delete are close together. I like this because I am able to switch between the two easily while still keeping a similar motion.
2) Shift and control as thumb keys (and alt close by). This not only allows me to easily use them in combinations with the alpha keys, but I'm also able to hit combinations of shift, control, and alt easily with my left thumb for more complex hotkeys. Having shift and control on the left thumb is also ideal for Starcraft.
3) Delete next to enter for easy delete and confirm delete (which occurs with just about any GUI). This works well when my right hand is on the mouse since the keys are close by.
4) Function layer on a thumb key for similar reasons as 2).
5) -_ key is right next to space. I am able to hit it with my thumb, using a similar motion as I do when spacing. This is nice because it's primarily when the -_ key is used. This can be annoying whenever I need to do something like " - " though, since my thumb does all the work.
6) Arrow hotkeys on HJKL (Colemak, so awkward position for most people) and mouse keys are easy to reach on the function layer.
7) Easy Alt+F4 on the function layer. Insert is also fairly easy to hit in combination with Shift/Control (for copy/pasting).
8) Easy reach to home/end keys. These make editing text very efficient. They are a chore to reach on normal TKL/fullsize keyboards.

Improvements/potential problems:
1) All of the F-keys are just there because I couldn't find anything else better to put on the bottom rows. I don't really use F-keys enough to warrant dedicated keys.
2) Insert is next to +L2, which I guess could cause problems if I make any typing mistakes. I haven't experienced this yet.
3) Getting used to having enter below where it normally is took a little bit of time. It has been the hardest change to adjust to since getting my ErgoDox a year ago.

« Last Edit: Tue, 24 June 2014, 02:21:25 by Jagriff »

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #261 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 15:40:55 »
trying something new this week

this may rustle some jimmies, i present SUPER TENT!

sorry cant find my good camera

used the bottom layers of my full hand case i don't use, it is more stable than it looks, it is quite solid to use and to my surprise comfortable and takes up less space.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #262 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 15:52:06 »
Don't you have to support your hands though? Looks like your wrists would just slide off?

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #263 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 15:55:19 »
trying something new this week

this may rustle some jimmies, i present SUPER TENT!

Show Image

sorry cant find my good camera

used the bottom layers of my full hand case i don't use, it is more stable than it looks, it is quite solid to use and to my surprise comfortable and takes up less space.
At what point will your ergodoxes be upside down?

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #264 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 15:59:29 »
nope wrists/palms don't slide off (could be the leather) and i actually put less weight on my palms than i usually do. 

kenesis actually sells an accessory for their freestyle rubber dome split keyboard that has both hands vertical with no palm support. lol and i think hoggy actually has a couple keyboards that go vertical

i am enjoying this....... need to figure out how to get it less ghetto-rig looking but it is solid so no rush.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #265 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 16:01:13 »
nope wrists/palms don't slide off and i actually put less weight on my palms than i usually do. 

kenesis actually sells an accessory for their freestyle rubber dome split keyboard that has both hands vertical with no palm support. lol and i think hoggy actually has a couple keyboards that go vertical

i am enjoying this....... need to figure out how to get it less ghetto-rig looking but it is solid so no rush.

fair enough :P yeah I've seen some vertical boards but always assumed you would just sit your arms on the desk to use it lol... but what ever works lol

Also, ghetto-rig lookin, be the best kinda lookin ;)

Offline Harrowed

• My wallet has been hacked
« Reply #266 on: Sun, 29 June 2014, 15:10:53 »
My first Ergodox! (Plus first post typed with it). Kit is from czarek (deskthority), MX blues and aluminium plate.
69405-069407-1

Ergodox MX Blues | Rosewill RK-9000

Offline czarek

• Keep the momentum going!
    • FalbaTech
« Reply #267 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 02:45:17 »
My first Ergodox! (Plus first post typed with it). Kit is from czarek (deskthority), MX blues and aluminium plate.
(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)

It actually looks awesome in this colour scheme!
It's a shame but I still haven't installed the plate into my keyboard. Not that I need it though - it feels really nice without the plate :)
My little ErgoDox / GH60 factory: http://falbatech.pl

Offline Jagriff

« Reply #268 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 19:40:13 »
2 CzarekDoxes!

I built the one with black keycaps for a friend.

70700-0

Offline GSimon

« Reply #269 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 12:05:12 »

http://imgur.com/gallery/Mybps

First variation of keys, will try out other options later :)

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #270 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 14:47:21 »
I don't actually use this, but what an ergodox with Kinesis Advantage keycaps looks like...

Offline wuqe

« Reply #271 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 18:07:42 »
Ha, the thumb buttons look drunk, especially that delete key.  :) Interesting to see, thanks for posting.

Offline tbc

« Reply #272 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 02:30:39 »
my ergos :D  much rgby and not enough DSA blanks -_-

metal case still incoming!

70895-0

70897-1

asian bro cap visited asian bro...that is also a cap

70899-2
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 July 2014, 02:38:21 by tbc »

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #273 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 16:51:31 »
my ergos :D  much rgby and not enough DSA blanks -_-

metal case still incoming!

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

asian bro cap visited asian bro...that is also a cap

(Attachment Link)

nice wrist rest, needs a metal top :)

---

testing low light pictures my new phone's camera (LG G3), i dont think i shared my ergodox since i added the granite

my set up shows i am a hypocrite, i have no tent right now and i have the hands close together. sorry internet.

Offline vatin

« Reply #274 on: Sat, 19 July 2014, 04:46:27 »
Hi. Finally after so much effort, here is my complete Ergodox from the 3rd Massdrop group buy.

71525-0

This is really a landmark success for me, since it was my first time to attempt soldering.
You might have noticed the white PCB despite I having bought from Massdrop. That's because I screwed up the first time around :-( due to lack of equipment and skills and know how.
I started with a cheapo iron gun, too large of a solder wire and no tweezer!!! so I couldn't work with the tiny SMDs and I soldered the through hole diodes randomly in the wrong direction!!! screwing up big time.
Since I've invested a lot of time and money so I would like to get it done. I got back on my feet, ordered a new set of PCB from Mechanicalkeyboards.com, electronics from digikeys, got proper equipments, temperature controlled iron, thin solder wire, proper tweezer, and now I could work on SMDs, I work my way step by step, with proper equipment things were much easier. Faced with a few seemingly deadend problems, bad diodes, short circuits producing double keypresses, missing keypresses, desolder and redone dozens of dodgy solder joints. And just today's morning, all keys are producing a single correct keystroke. In no time, case and keycaps came together as my first soldering project, the Ergodox.
OLKB Planck V6

Offline Gloomy Moonie

« Reply #275 on: Sat, 19 July 2014, 11:20:07 »
Hi. Finally after so much effort, here is my complete Ergodox from the 3rd Massdrop group buy.

(Attachment Link)

This is really a landmark success for me, since it was my first time to attempt soldering.
You might have noticed the white PCB despite I having bought from Massdrop. That's because I screwed up the first time around :-( due to lack of equipment and skills and know how.
I started with a cheapo iron gun, too large of a solder wire and no tweezer!!! so I couldn't work with the tiny SMDs and I soldered the through hole diodes randomly in the wrong direction!!! screwing up big time.
Since I've invested a lot of time and money so I would like to get it done. I got back on my feet, ordered a new set of PCB from Mechanicalkeyboards.com, electronics from digikeys, got proper equipments, temperature controlled iron, thin solder wire, proper tweezer, and now I could work on SMDs, I work my way step by step, with proper equipment things were much easier. Faced with a few seemingly deadend problems, bad diodes, short circuits producing double keypresses, missing keypresses, desolder and redone dozens of dodgy solder joints. And just today's morning, all keys are producing a single correct keystroke. In no time, case and keycaps came together as my first soldering project, the Ergodox.
Congrats :)
Now that you have both the Kinesis Advantage and the ErgoDox though, could you do a comparison?

Offline vatin

« Reply #276 on: Sat, 19 July 2014, 11:53:28 »

Now that you have both the Kinesis Advantage and the ErgoDox though, could you do a comparison?

Best ergonomic benefit kinesis keywell still gets it.
The curvature makes the thumb cluster a bit closer and minimizes overall finger movement.
But I'm tired with its balkiness, abs key caps, and rubber keys, though I've implemented palm key mod and re program function keys away from them.
To me kinesis contoured is a great solution with still many shortcomings. I've type millions of keystroke since I own it for 2 years.

Ergodox maybe a tiny bit less ergonomic with its flat keys. But the total separate half has a lot of potential for placement and tilts.
Much more compact to carry and just a pride to use if self built. Online venders keep popping up offering a complete unit. Transition from kinesis is pretty effortless since the layout and default firmware is quite similar.

My final verdict is still ergodox.
So if you have a ergodox, I don't think you would want a kinesis, unless a much better updated version came along.
OLKB Planck V6

Offline Gloomy Moonie

« Reply #277 on: Sun, 20 July 2014, 15:55:31 »
Thanks! that's good to hear. I am a soon-to-be owner of an ErgoDox, hope to post here soon :D

Offline Thanatermesis

« Reply #278 on: Thu, 24 July 2014, 03:29:19 »
This is my recently finished ErgoDox using ALPs switches, in a more ergonomic-shaped style :)

Offline Zekromtor

• My Setup
« Reply #279 on: Thu, 24 July 2014, 22:09:06 »
This is my recently finished ErgoDox using ALPs switches, in a more ergonomic-shaped style :)

That's probably the coolest, most usable ergodox I've seen. Where did you source the key caps and how much were they?

Offline hydrospell

• * Destiny Supporter
  • some keyboard thing
    • octobrain
« Reply #280 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 02:02:32 »

yikes!
⌨ Filco MJ2 MX Blues / M0116 Orange Alps / Homemade 60% MX Reds / M0110

Cherry MX art prints 20/50 still available!

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #281 on: Sat, 26 July 2014, 04:17:02 »

That's probably the coolest, most usable ergodox I've seen. Where did you source the key caps and how much were they?

Mine's not the most usable? :(

Offline wuqe

« Reply #282 on: Sat, 26 July 2014, 11:22:33 »

Goodness, that is the craziest Ergodox-Kinesis lovechild. Love it, but it makes my Ergodox look downright stodgy!

Offline kaltar

« Reply #283 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 01:44:59 »

Best ergonomic benefit kinesis keywell still gets it.
The curvature makes the thumb cluster a bit closer and minimizes overall finger movement.
But I'm tired with its balkiness, abs key caps, and rubber keys, though I've implemented palm key mod and re program function keys away from them.
To me kinesis contoured is a great solution with still many shortcomings. I've type millions of keystroke since I own it for 2 years.

Ergodox maybe a tiny bit less ergonomic with its flat keys. But the total separate half has a lot of potential for placement and tilts.
Much more compact to carry and just a pride to use if self built. Online venders keep popping up offering a complete unit. Transition from kinesis is pretty effortless since the layout and default firmware is quite similar.

My final verdict is still ergodox.
So if you have a ergodox, I don't think you would want a kinesis, unless a much better updated version came along.

Well, I would not compare the experience of typing on an Ergodox to the one of a Kinesis. They are very VERY different. However I can say the following:

1) I am a happy Kinesis user.
2) The 3 middle rows on the Kinesis are sooo good with the perfect inclination. the others are a bit too tilted.  But you feel right at home when you put your hands in there.
3) After typing on an ergodox with my own separation (and my added tilt in 2 axis) for a week, I felt the Kinesis  hand separation is too close.
4) I have a weird problem with my hands (and overall joints) and I can say that your position on your chair and keyboard inclination (on all axis) are actually more important than the difference between the two keyboards, however, I feel that the Ergodox hurts a bit more my palms when I rest on them (yes, I've tried many sponges and rests). In the Kinesis you have the possibility to type while resting your palms (bad thing, but it's possible). You definitely move your hands less on a Kinesis. The keywell still has it's advantages.
5) The indicator keys of the kinesis (ASDF - JKL;) are the best I've felt due to the keys and the keywell. I was getting lost on the Ergodox at the beginning, but replacing some of those keys with the ones of my kinesis worked fine.
6) I find myself using the Ergodox more than the Kinesis! I actually set a the lowest-right key from the left keypad to be pressed with a thumb (turned the key sideways) to act as a modifier and replace my Kinesis palm-mod, and it's been actually more beneficial! my hands move way less that way, and I'm editing text really fast that way.

Offline kaltar

« Reply #284 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 01:47:18 »

Cool! It looks like it can melt on the summer! What material did you use for the base of the keys?

Offline Thanatermesis

« Reply #285 on: Sun, 03 August 2014, 19:03:37 »
I used white-clay, but it needs a little of glue and hot-silicone to be correctly glued all togheter, it looks resistant, I have also needed to add some transparent "pinto" in the clay to make it more like a static piece, the clay absorbs it so it makes it more robust

Thanks for the comparison of kinesis-ergodox, i would love to try a kinesis someday, but in spain is almost unkown, in fact i dont think that anybody in spain has one lol

In my experience if you want to try to add inclination you should be not very generous, looks like it has some cons too, in fact it looked to me more important to have the key elevated than inclinated, in order to reach them more easly, it is also pretty hard to found the perfect inclination and is important to consider "how" you press the keys (talking about the z-axis, the one that travels when you press the keys)

I have not deeply tried it yet, tomorrow is my first time going to do real work with it, I was working on the layout until today, it looks like that i have reached finally a good combination for programming and terminal use

@hydrospell: your ergo with those keys looks really beautiful and pro :)

Offline ryanc

« Reply #286 on: Sat, 30 August 2014, 14:30:01 »
FIRE ZE LAZERS!!!!!!1111one

Smells like vaporized acrylic and cancer!

The money shot:

Got tent?

Offline Harrowed

• My wallet has been hacked
« Reply #287 on: Sat, 30 August 2014, 16:01:03 »
Show Image

Show Image

The money shot:
Show Image

Got tent?
Show Image

Very nice work, great look!

Ergodox MX Blues | Rosewill RK-9000

Offline cruzin

« Reply #288 on: Sat, 30 August 2014, 16:09:16 »
Show Image

Show Image

The money shot:
Show Image

Got tent?
Show Image

Very cool! Definitely stands out.
Current: Ergodox (Ergo-clears) | Kinesis Advantage (Browns) -- Colemak
Future: HHKB Pro 2 | Maltron L90 | µtron | Axios

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #289 on: Sat, 30 August 2014, 23:24:35 »
Very legit

Offline kaltar

« Reply #290 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 04:58:26 »
Show Image

Show Image

The money shot:
Show Image

Got tent?
Show Image

lovely!

Offline l_b

• vanutsteen.nl => nerds only
« Reply #291 on: Sat, 06 September 2014, 15:24:08 »
I'm deciding on which keycaps to put on my ergodox. What do you think?

76365-0

Offline worldspawn

« Reply #292 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 10:00:53 »

just finished, waiting on a keycap set to fill out the 1.5 and 2x caps
I can make acrylic laser cut cases/plates PM for info

Offline Doyniish

• Good you
    • Power Hour Playlists
« Reply #293 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 17:39:14 »

(Attachment Link)

Right.

Offline kaltar

« Reply #294 on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 23:03:18 »

(Attachment Link)

Left

Offline cruzin

« Reply #295 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 15:16:45 »
Bought an Ergodox from geniekid a little while back that had a steel+acrylic case and 65g clears. I decided to buy my first Ergodox already assembled since I don't have the equipment to put it together yet. Plus I wasn't sure I'd like it.

I finally got my DSA caps from PMK today and also added o-rings. Oh. My. God. So nice to type on! DSA feels so much easier to use on an Ergodox than the cherry DCS caps I had slapped on when I first got it. I'm looking around trying to find things to type now!
Current: Ergodox (Ergo-clears) | Kinesis Advantage (Browns) -- Colemak
Future: HHKB Pro 2 | Maltron L90 | µtron | Axios

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #296 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 19:23:31 »
^ That's a nice colour scheme - the last pic actually looks like eyes :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline goflo

« Reply #297 on: Sun, 12 October 2014, 09:41:20 »
Got my ergodox fully assembled, firmware done....ready to rock.

Keycaps are older Cherry PBT Caps, the red ones are Rosewills, the black ones are SP DCS blank caps.
The tenting modules are made of plywood and support ergodox and grifiti wrist rests. The parts supporting the wrist rests are tenting slightly down towards the user. Feels a bit more comfortable to me than using them in a straight version.

- Ergodox Classic/Browns/Grifiti Rests  | - IBM Model M Blue Label |  - Poker II MX Blue | - Ergodox Classic/Blues/Grifiti Rests

Offline thadood

« Reply #298 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 13:27:24 »
Just now spotted this thread! Here's my 2nd Ergodox that I had finished on Sunday:

Tasty, tasty MX Green's.

Fully assembled, right before testing. Had 3 keys not registering on the left hand. Reflowing solder got the bugs worked out.

Didn't have much time to test after finishing them up on Sunday, so I brought them in to work on Monday - not seen is the (ugly) first Ergodox build that I had done in the classic case. I now feel the need to buy a full hand case after finishing up my second build.

SA profile keys are tall sonsa*****es. I've also noticed that I have either two up or two down keys. If you look closely at the up arrow key, the profile is slanting the opposite direction.

Oh well!

I could not have picked out a better key set for this build. It goes perfectly with the aluminum plates.

Offline wuqe

« Reply #299 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 14:25:10 »
Like the SA's; these are some cool builds!