Author Topic: My First Custom Case  (Read 1179 times)

Offline Burns

My First Custom Case
« on: Tue, 11 August 2020, 13:26:09 »
Ive been around Mechanical keyboards for a little while now and done a few build but nothing too fancy. Havent had any metal cases. I work in a machine shop and for awhile I've wanted to make my own case. I designed this one last year but didnt get around to machining it till this week. Its nothing fancy, took some inspiration from some other boards. Its just a solid block with PCB mount. Haven't put it on a scale yet but guessing around 8lbs, so its nice and beefy. I tried to give the angled sides a little texture and make it contrast a tad. These pics are pretty much straight off the mill with no finishing. I need to finish off the back side where im going to integrate in a aviator connector. Ive been using it for a few hours now and holy cow I should have ditched cheap plastic cases along time ago. this feels so much better. I think I need to try a gasket or top mount one next now. Board is a GK61 off aliexpress, Halo true switches and a set of caps I designed and had printed from WASD.

Offline quik

Re: My First Custom Case
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 12:43:00 »
thats looking good, like that raw milled look with the custom engrave tab! :thumb: