Author Topic: [GB] ladybird 60% keyboard  (Read 14574 times)

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
[GB] ladybird 60% keyboard
« on: Mon, 18 July 2022, 13:22:18 »
LADYBIRD - 60% GROUP BUY

ENTER HERE --> https://hineybush.com/pages/ladybird-gb-r1-raffle

Ladybird is the "first" 60% that I've designed.

Raffle Info

Date/Time: Thursday, July 28, 2022. 10AM-4PM EST (New York).

The raffle entry form will be open for 6 hours. One entry per person per household - only enter once!

Entries will be collected via a form on my site. You must have an account on my site to enter. If you do not have an account yet, make one at the link at the bottom of this post - use an email you actually have access to as that will be where I send updates/invoice/purchase information.

Winners will be granted access to the product pages after the raffle process has ended.

Keyboard Kit Description

60% keyboard.
WK, WKL and MXHHKB kits offered.
Top mount.
7 degree typing angle.
23.25mm EKH.
Burger mount won't be avail, sorry :(
One-piece brass weight.
The PCB will be a CEM3 h60 (1.6mm), without RGB underglow.
MX + Alps switch compatibility. Solderable only, but hotswap h60s would fit.
Daughterboard using USB Type C, of course.
Stainless steel Torx screws. T6 and T10 Torx drivers included.
6x bumpons for feet.
O-ring included.

Gummy mount will be possible, I will be finalizing this with a new prototype that I'll have in the next 2 weeks. It'll sort of be a gummy-sandwich as it's a two piece case.

Case Colors: Silver, gold, and red.

Gold will be similar to the tkl one gold, perhaps not identical due to batching etc. of course.

Red will be a deeper red, like my ibis prototypes.

All kits will include one plate and one PCB by default. You can choose your first "free" plate, then choose up to two others.

Plate Options:
5052 Aluminum - ANSI enter only + no split spacebar support (semi-fixed) - black anodized, red anodized
5052 Aluminum - universal (below) - black anodized, red anodized
FR4 full (universal) - matte black
FR4 half (semi-fixed) - matte black
FR4 Alps tsangan/WKL - matte black
Polycarbonate full (semi-fixed) - smoke grey

FR4 plates are $25, alu/pc plates are $30.

Semi-fixed compatibility:
Of course also allowing WKL/MX HHKB

Universal/split space compatibility:
3-1-3 split space!!!

Extra PCBs: Extra CEM3 h60s without RGB will be $33.

Timeline

The order will be placed as soon as I collect funds from the winners. Estimated time to ship is 5-7 months. This may fluctuate based on material/part lead times, however I will do everything I can to keep this on schedule. All orders will be shipped from my shop.

Number of Units: I will be selling 300 units publicly.

Cost: Each kit (incl. one plate and PCB) will be $415 USD.

Shipping cost will vary. US based winners can expect to pay $12-30 for USPS Priority Mail or UPS depending on location. International will be via DHL Express ($45-75) or UPS Worldwide ($35-65). Full value will be declared on international shipments, as I am not really one to mess with taxes or other countries banning me from selling.

Ty y'all 🙂

« Last Edit: Thu, 28 July 2022, 09:01:52 by hineybush »

Offline linell

Re: [GB] ladybird 60% keyboard
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 18 July 2022, 17:11:34 »
60 + it's hiney?   :cool:
bro this a **** set, just be thankful you even getting 1 base running fr

Offline rookb

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 18 July 2022, 17:27:54 »
remove middle bumpons

Offline HappyB0T

• I'm a Piggie
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 18 July 2022, 18:35:41 »
remove middle bumpons

10 days from GB - probably not gonna happen. I’m a degenerate and I need all the support I can get ;).

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 18 July 2022, 19:00:55 »

Offline herbologist

• beige enjoyer. send help.
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 18 July 2022, 19:08:12 »
I am a ladybird enjoyer. Classy side profile. Time for third hiney board L  :p

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 18 July 2022, 19:12:43 »
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline Sandy

• Formerly cogitoergofemme
  • Sandy - Peach Tray Maker
    • the peach · studio
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 18 July 2022, 19:15:22 »
Will you be posting internal drawings of the bottom piece that is gummy compatible? Will it be unikorn mount or bakeneko or otherwise? Will reviewers receive the board?

Also those screw holes look super close to the edges of the board I'm wondering if that will cause manufacturing issues the proto doesn't show it. I imagine that will be a fragile point for anode

Edit: can you also post better pictures of the proto? It would be nice to see pictures of the fillet on the bottom to see the transition from flat to curved. I've received some boards with very obvious ridges before fillets

Edit 2: I find it innapropriate that your final proto is arriving after your GB starts 2 weeks = 14 days > 10 days
« Last Edit: Mon, 18 July 2022, 19:30:28 by Sandy »
🍑C11🍑KWA.6🍑GPK60 47-GR1RE🍑Vast60🍑Rose60🍑EHKB🍑Viktus Sinne🍑Boop65🍑Jelly60 Pro🍑Fuji65🍑Ginkgo 65🍑S7.7🍑Treasure Type-9 II🍑Thermal R2🍑Jelly 60🍑

Offline chat and team

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 18 July 2022, 19:29:35 »
hiney tax on a top mount
I like the design, just too expensive for a top mount 60.
geekhack mods constantly break tos and refuse to read
Chinese overlords won

Offline Que7797

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 18 July 2022, 20:03:31 »
Great looking design at a fair price point.

GLWGB, Hiney!

Offline subieboobies

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 18 July 2022, 20:26:01 »
what's the typing angle and front height?

looks great, definitely interested :thumb:

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 18 July 2022, 21:50:46 »
Will you be posting internal drawings of the bottom piece that is gummy compatible? Will it be unikorn mount or bakeneko or otherwise? Will reviewers receive the board?

Also those screw holes look super close to the edges of the board I'm wondering if that will cause manufacturing issues the proto doesn't show it. I imagine that will be a fragile point for anode

Edit: can you also post better pictures of the proto? It would be nice to see pictures of the fillet on the bottom to see the transition from flat to curved. I've received some boards with very obvious ridges before fillets

Edit 2: I find it innapropriate that your final proto is arriving after your GB starts 2 weeks = 14 days > 10 days

unikorn gummy, worked with Elaine from singa on them.

Screw holes are fine, but I appreciate your concern! I deliberately positioned the screw holes to ensure that they aren't intersecting fillets/chamfers/etc. I didn't notice any ano issues on any of the 25ish units that I have on hand, waiting for plates til I can ship them out to the private buyers.

i've posted better pics on my discord server, I can post more here later when I am back on the PC.

The final (final) "final" protos will be here likely at the end of next week. These are production protos, and the ones I've had on hand are great/work fine.

LightningXI will be building one of the "SE" private units next week after he's back from the NoRCal meet. didn't get any others out to other streamers for now.
« Last Edit: Mon, 18 July 2022, 22:01:23 by hineybush »

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 18 July 2022, 21:52:17 »
hiney tax on a top mount
I like the design, just too expensive for a top mount 60.

Inflation is a bitch and so am I

what's the typing angle and front height?

looks great, definitely interested :thumb:

Angle is 7 degrees, front height is like 19 something?
« Last Edit: Mon, 18 July 2022, 21:59:39 by hineybush »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 18 July 2022, 22:00:32 »
that red is nice
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Sandy

• Formerly cogitoergofemme
  • Sandy - Peach Tray Maker
    • the peach · studio
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 18 July 2022, 22:24:54 »
More

unikorn gummy, worked with Elaine from singa on them.

Screw holes are fine, but I appreciate your concern! I deliberately positioned the screw holes to ensure that they aren't intersecting fillets/chamfers/etc. I didn't notice any ano issues on any of the 25ish units that I have on hand, waiting for plates til I can ship them out to the private buyers.

i've posted better pics on my discord server, I can post more here later when I am back on the PC.

The final (final) "final" protos will be here likely at the end of next week. These are production protos, and the ones I've had on hand are great/work fine.

LightningXI will be building one of the "SE" private units next week after he's back from the NoRCal meet. didn't get any others out to other streamers for now.

Thanks for your reply, I talked to some folks and didn't realise you had so many revisions going on and how far back the project went. I also didn't realise you had more info in the discord which was my oversight.

It may have just been the line width or resolution of the photo that made it look edge on edge.

I mainly said the thing about receiving protos because it seemed like at least for someone who hasn't made boards before, it would be bad form to take money before knowing that the gummy mount points function how you want and that for example there is no interference or clacking from the top mount points from the board bouncing but I probably should have thought about how you've been in the hobby long enoug hand know what you're doing.

It's good that the existing protos work though that builds faith.
🍑C11🍑KWA.6🍑GPK60 47-GR1RE🍑Vast60🍑Rose60🍑EHKB🍑Viktus Sinne🍑Boop65🍑Jelly60 Pro🍑Fuji65🍑Ginkgo 65🍑S7.7🍑Treasure Type-9 II🍑Thermal R2🍑Jelly 60🍑

Offline dantambok

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 19 July 2022, 01:39:14 »
can i get a green one please  :))
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline KhuiPhai

« Reply #16 on: Sat, 23 July 2022, 14:16:19 »
Nice and minimalistic design as always!

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 26 July 2022, 11:21:46 »
just added typing angle (7 deg) and effective keyboard height (EKH) to the OP.

2 days  :cool:

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 28 July 2022, 09:05:52 »
The raffle entry is open for the next 6 hours! Link in the OP.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 28 July 2022, 11:34:14 »

gl gamers
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Deadline.Studio

« Reply #20 on: Fri, 29 July 2022, 02:16:31 »
 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #21 on: Sun, 31 July 2022, 12:12:25 »

Damnit, had no idea about this until now :(

Fingers crossed for R2.

Offline jivex5k

« Reply #22 on: Mon, 12 September 2022, 06:58:15 »
this is a good board I tell you hwhut
it's better than the Char-King Imperial
you must buy you must buy you must

propane