Author Topic: [SHIPPED] Nexus Alps slider, Nexus Top Housing  (Read 161401 times)

Offline BlindAssassin111

• I design keyboards and stuff.
    • Viktus
Hey, forgive me if this has been asked before but will Cherry stabilizers work with these? Just making sure as I'm gonna need to know if I need have a special plate made.

Cherry stabs will work the exact same as if the switch where an MX style switch. Only thing that was different is if you wanted to use alps stabs on the cherry caps, which is why I made the inserts.

Offline Albatross

Hey, forgive me if this has been asked before but will Cherry stabilizers work with these? Just making sure as I'm gonna need to know if I need have a special plate made.

Cherry stabs will work the exact same as if the switch where an MX style switch. Only thing that was different is if you wanted to use alps stabs on the cherry caps, which is why I made the inserts.

Okay cool, that's what I thought. I wasn't really sure if there was any height difference which might effect the stabilizers function.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
Update:
We are almost at 6520 sliders and 4655 housings, With just about a week left!!! Just remember you have until 3/26 at midnight central time to place your order.

Offline Lbibass

Really excited about this, but just one question: any chance for a round two? I'd love this, but I just can't afford it right now.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
Really excited about this, but just one question: any chance for a round two? I'd love this, but I just can't afford it right now.

There will be something in the future, if we are able to hit MOQ.

Offline tanvir175

We're just barely getting by in round 1 so that may not be very likely. But the tooling will have already been made so it's possible that a round 2 can happen and be much cheaper.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
Update:
We are at 7425 sliders and 5005 top housings, with a week left for orders, Lets not let this die after coming so far!

Offline jackofclubs

Any chance you could team up with a distributor to buy out any needed moq? Maybe NovelKeys or KBDfans?

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
Any chance you could team up with a distributor to buy out any needed moq? Maybe NovelKeys or KBDfans?

Maybe... ;)

Offline tanvir175

Maybe... ;)

I hope you're able to! Are you in the talks with them?

Also, I suggest that you extend the GB period should we not make MOQ for the sliders, at the least. I don't think it needs extension now and I believe last day orders will come piling in like they do for pretty much every other GB but it would be a shame to let all of this work go to waste when a few more days may make it a success.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
Update:

We are are 8200 sliders and 5780 top housings. We are almost at the MOQ of the housings, if we keep this up, we can hit the next price drop and if I am able to work something out we can get them even cheaper.

You have until next monday to place your order, so please keep that in mind.

Offline waldorf120

• My keyboard never leaves me bored
Since we're now making updated parts for classic Alps SKC switches, any plans on making SKCM Brown/Neon Green tactile leaves?

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
Since we're now making updated parts for classic Alps SKC switches, any plans on making SKCM Brown/Neon Green tactile leaves?

Might have something in the works... ;)

Offline p_blaze

Might have something in the works... ;)

****, you might as well just have a GB for newly made complicated alps in MX pcb mounts...
Is is even possible to make that happen?

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
****, you might as well just have a GB for newly made complicated alps in MX pcb mounts...
Is is even possible to make that happen?

I don't think it would be possible to affordably remake the complicated switchplate even, haven't looked into that yet though, but it may be possible. But MX PCB compatible is most likely a no go, as it would most likely cause issues with the slider as one of the cherry pins is much closer to the center than on alps.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
Reminder:
Orders will close on 3/26 at midnight central time, make sure to have your orders in before then!!!

Offline midnight2903

Guess I'll join... Don't even have Alps yet.

Offline d.caminero

Guess I'll join... Don't even have Alps yet.
that's the spirit!

Offline tanvir175

Reminder:
Orders will close on 3/26 at midnight central time, make sure to have your orders in before then!!!

If I want to add to my order, should I PM you or resubmit and you'll just delete the old submission?

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
If I want to add to my order, should I PM you or resubmit and you'll just delete the old submission?

You can choose to resubmit or let me edit it, but either way PM me so I know when you resubmit, or so I know what you want to change to.

Offline tanvir175

You can choose to resubmit or let me edit it, but either way PM me so I know when you resubmit, or so I know what you want to change to.

Gotcha. I'll send you a PM once I've resubmitted.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
Update:
We are almost at 10k sliders!!! We are on the home stretch, and I hope we can the the last ~1000 without an issue.

As for the top housings we are above the MOQ of 6k, now if everyone were to order an extra 70 on average, we could actually get 10k. I am trying to see if I can get a vendor to order some top housings in order to help bring cost down, but I don't know how many may be ordered. If you wish to order more to help towards a lower cost, PM about changing your order and I can edit it for you, Please do not resubmit in order to do this as it would actually be harder to work through as I have to manually go through and delete all old responses.

And remember orders close on Monday at midnight central time, so make sure to have yours in before that as I will be closing the form at midnight.

Thank you all for the orders!!!

Offline unmuscular_michael

Since we're nearly within 1000 more sliders to hit MOQ, I'll go in for another 115 sliders and housings if we don't make it. Don't want to make any changes yet, but if it'll help get us over the bump I'll double down.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
To clarify me previous post, the housings target is 10k for pricing.

Since we're nearly within 1000 more sliders to hit MOQ, I'll go in for another 115 sliders and housings if we don't make it. Don't want to make any changes yet, but if it'll help get us over the bump I'll double down.

Awesome, I will keep that in mind then.

Offline tanvir175

Update:
We are almost at 10k sliders!!! We are on the home stretch, and I hope we can the the last ~1000 without an issue.

As for the top housings we are above the MOQ of 6k, now if everyone were to order an extra 70 on average, we could actually get 10k. I am trying to see if I can get a vendor to order some top housings in order to help bring cost down, but I don't know how many may be ordered. If you wish to order more to help towards a lower cost, PM about changing your order and I can edit it for you, Please do not resubmit in order to do this as it would actually be harder to work through as I have to manually go through and delete all old responses.

And remember orders close on Monday at midnight central time, so make sure to have yours in before that as I will be closing the form at midnight.

Thank you all for the orders!!!

Haha, almost submitted another order before I decided I should read the updated posts first. I sent you a PM.

Changed my order to:
70 sliders * 4 orders = 280 sliders
70 housings * 4 orders = 280 housings
8 stab inserts

Hope we're able to bring on the savings :)

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
Haha, almost submitted another order before I decided I should read the updated posts first. I sent you a PM.

Changed my order to:
8 stab inserts

You were the one exception to the resubmit, as I was expecting yours, it is just harder to keep track of when people resubmit without me noticing or being told. It was just the better all around alternative. Thank you for ordering more!!! I will work to get the prices down as well, so I will be working on that in the background.

Offline tanvir175

Changed my order to:
8 stab inserts

You were the one exception to the resubmit, as I was expecting yours, it is just harder to keep track of when people resubmit without me noticing or being told. It was just the better all around alternative. Thank you for ordering more!!! I will work to get the prices down as well, so I will be working on that in the background.

You're welcome! I hope you're able to work something out with a vendor. I want to see this project greatly succeed :D

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
Reminder:
We are now in the last ~48 hours of the GB orders, and only have 635 left before we hit MOQ. So if you are on the fence, it is either now or never!

Offline tanvir175

Reminder:
We are now in the last ~48 hours of the GB orders, and only have 635 left before we hit MOQ. So if you are on the fence, it is either now or never!

Someone posted a reminder on /r/mechanicalkeyboards yesterday so I wouldn't do another reminder there until the last day. However, it's been 10 days since the last update on /r/mechmarket, which was by you. I'd post it myself, but unlike /r/mk, I think it has to be someone involved in the GB for /r/mm. I recommend reposting your old post in /r/mm when you get the chance.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
Someone posted a reminder on /r/mechanicalkeyboards yesterday so I wouldn't do another reminder there until the last day. However, it's been 10 days since the last update on /r/mechmarket, which was by you. I'd post it myself, but unlike /r/mk, I think it has to be someone involved in the GB for /r/mm. I recommend reposting your old post in /r/mm when you get the chance.

On /r/mk do a make a whole new post? I am too unfamiliar with reddit to know how post bumping, or equivalent, is actually achieved.

Offline tanvir175

On /r/mk do a make a whole new post? I am too unfamiliar with reddit to know how post bumping, or equivalent, is actually achieved.

Whole new post, yep. On /r/mechmarket actually. I would hold off on /r/mechanicalkeyboards until Monday morning since someone posted a reminder 13 hours ago.

Here's mechmarket:
https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/

Here's your old post. You can just copy paste it into the new post and change the title to something like "48 hours left - Nexus Alps Sliders, Housings, Stab Inserts"
https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/84f3hw/gb_nexus_alps_sliders_nexus_alps_top_housings_and/

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
Whole new post, yep. On /r/mechmarket actually. I would hold off on /r/mechanicalkeyboards until Monday morning since someone posted a reminder 13 hours ago.

Here's mechmarket:

Here's your old post. You can just copy paste it into the new post and change the title to something like "48 hours left - Nexus Alps Sliders, Housings, Stab Inserts"
https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/84f3hw/gb_nexus_alps_sliders_nexus_alps_top_housings_and/

...I meant to put /r/mm, oh well at least I understand now lol. Thank you!!

Offline tanvir175

Here's mechmarket:

...I meant to put /r/mm, oh well at least I understand now lol. Thank you!!

You're welcome! Hopefully it'll bring in an influx of last minute buyers who might have forgotten about the original post. We're so close!

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
Update:

We hit MOQ!!! Thank you all for making this happen, I knew 11k would be a hard goal to hit, but that was the only way I could get the price point I wanted on them.

As for top housings we are only 590 away from a price drop down to $1 each, and if I can work a deal with a vendor for even 2k, we are down to $0.80. The more orders I get for them the more I can save y'all money.

We still have ~36 hours left to order so we can easily hit the next housing price drop.

Offline garbo

Update:

We hit MOQ!!! Thank you all for making this happen, I knew 11k would be a hard goal to hit, but that was the only way I could get the price point I wanted on them.

As for top housings we are only 590 away from a price drop down to $1 each, and if I can work a deal with a vendor for even 2k, we are down to $0.80. The more orders I get for them the more I can save y'all money.

We still have ~36 hours left to order so we can easily hit the next housing price drop.

Congrats!

If you do manage to get a vendor involved with the switch tops, would you accept additional orders after this? It might be worth waiting a day for market reequilibration if there is a significant price drop. Then again, I'm probably back to overthinking things and should just learn to accept the group buy economics as they are.

Offline jackofclubs

Update:

Congrats!

If you do manage to get a vendor involved with the switch tops, would you accept additional orders after this? It might be worth waiting a day for market reequilibration if there is a significant price drop. Then again, I'm probably back to overthinking things and should just learn to accept the group buy economics as they are.

I agree. If the price goes down more on the top housings I’ll order a bunch more.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
Congrats!

I agree. If the price goes down more on the top housings I’ll order a bunch more.

I will keep it in mind, need to figure it out and probably won't know anything until tomorrow.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
We are almost at 8k top housings, just 190 away from a price drop!!!

Offline Kavik

I just put in an order for stab inserts. Hopefully those improve my KBP V80's stabilized keys.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline tanvir175

We are almost at 8k top housings, just 190 away from a price drop!!!

Awesome!

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
Reminder:
You have 13 hours left to place your order.

We have hit the first price drop for the housings, so if you wish to order more, PM me and I will edit for you.

Offline waldorf120

• My keyboard never leaves me bored
What about users like me who have made several orders?  I assume those will be aggregated so that one invoice is sent, and one package when it's time to ship.

Offline tanvir175

Let's get to 10000 people!

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
What about users like me who have made several orders?  I assume those will be aggregated so that one invoice is sent, and one package when it's time to ship.

Correct, it is just easier to not have every single person place 2 orders...as I have to then combine all of them together so I don't send two invoices by accident and double charge shipping.

We are so close as well, This is doable if we get a last second rush of people, or if people want to order more. Pricing will be 33% of the original price, so you can either save money, or spend the same for more housings(obviously the better choice  :)) )

Offline tanvir175

We are so close as well, This is doable if we get a last second rush of people, or if people want to order more. Pricing will be 33% of the original price, so you can either save money, or spend the same for more housings(obviously the better choice  :)) )

Lol, yeah! I know some were willing to order more if we reached the first break, hopefully they see that we did. Another price break would bring my total down from 434 to 378, which would be very much welcome. Is the potential vendor deal still being worked on?

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
Lol, yeah! I know some were willing to order more if we reached the first break, hopefully they see that we did. Another price break would bring my total down from 434 to 378, which would be very much welcome. Is the potential vendor deal still being worked on?

Yes, but I wont know anything until later tonight as they had something come up earlier.

Offline tanvir175

Yes, but I wont know anything until later tonight as they had something come up earlier.

Sounds good. Hoping you're able to strike that deal :)

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
Reminder:
You have just under 8 hours left to place your order. So please make sure to pay attention to the time as I will be closing the form at midnight central time.

We are currently at 12,490 sliders and 9,285 housings. I am super happy that we were able to blow past MOQ on both parts, Really awesome knowing so many people will be using this product.

I also wanted to point out we are only 715 housings away from the next price drop down to $0.80 each, so if you were thinking of ordering more if we hit 10k, go ahead and do so because we are so close it will easily put us over the 10k, and I may or may not just go ahead and sell them at $0.80 each if we don't manage to hit the 10k. ;)

Update on Invoicing:
I will start sending out invoices Wednesday. I am going to set the due date to 4/4 at midnight central time which gives you just over a week to pay.

EDIT: I will go ahead and keep orders open until tomorrow night for those on the fence about ordering more top housings as the price drop is going to happen so close to the cutoff that it may exclude people by accident.
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 March 2018, 16:09:20 by BlindAssassin111 »

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
Update:
We are only 155 away from 10k housings!!! We are so close, help make the 10k dream a reality and place your order today! **infomercial voice**

Also just hit over 13k sliders, which is way more than I ever expected when I first started the project, Keep the momentum up!

EDIT: We are currently at 9960 housings, we literally need 40 to hit the next price drop, someone be the hero we need!!!
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 March 2018, 20:34:00 by BlindAssassin111 »

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
Update:

We are now at 13,455 sliders and an amazing 10,100 top housings. We are officially at $0.80 per top housing, next price drop is another 2k away, if we manage to hit that I don't know what to say...I amazed how quickly this has grown in the last couple days, we have nearly doubled orders.