Author Topic: What is the best quality O-ring manufacturer / product?  (Read 1788 times)

Offline joerush25

What is the best quality O-ring manufacturer / product?
« on: Fri, 18 May 2018, 19:43:20 »
I want to buy O rings for my keyboard and I'm looking for recommendations on the best quality you can buy

Thanks
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 May 2018, 19:47:54 by joerush25 »
Acrylic Tofu w/ Lubed Tealios

Offline jcoffin1981

Re: What is the best quality O-ring manufacturer / product?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 20 May 2018, 03:27:08 »
This is not a product where you are looking for "quality." They are really just cheap, generic, rubber o-rings.  Any outlet that sells keyboards or keyboard supplies will have them and brand is not going to be important.  What is important  is the thickness of the ring because this will determine the length of your keystroke.

They come in several sizes and they are cheap enough where you can buy 2 to make a decision.
KPB V60 Gateron Browns and Leopold Keycaps.  Poker 3 with Gateron Browns and Poker keycaps.  Poker 3 with Cherry MX Browns, ABS keycaps and white LED's.

Leopold FC660M- my new favorite, right out of the box.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 20 May 2018, 11:20:38 »

What is important  is the thickness of the ring because this will determine the length of your keystroke.

There is also hardness because many of the generic ones made for various industrial purposes tend to be quite hard.

I would start with the thinnest and softest ones that you can find.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline jcoffin1981

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 20 May 2018, 12:28:36 »
They should be labelled for this purpose or sold by a company dealing with keyboard products and not a thousand pack of some plumbing seal that just happens to fit.  This way at least 1 person before you has deemed them suitable to be a keycap dampener.                                   
KPB V60 Gateron Browns and Leopold Keycaps.  Poker 3 with Gateron Browns and Poker keycaps.  Poker 3 with Cherry MX Browns, ABS keycaps and white LED's.

Leopold FC660M- my new favorite, right out of the box.