Author Topic: zenith z150 converter  (Read 1726 times)

Offline jshel2000

• Just a teenager who is also a massive nerd.
zenith z150 converter
« on: Tue, 22 May 2018, 16:12:06 »
I recently bought a zenith z150 off of ebay. I had to do some... repairs, but now all I have to do is figure out how to convert it from xt to usb. I have a soarer's converter that I use for my other keyboards, but for some reason it doesn't work with the z150. Is there a converter that would work, or a way to make the soarer's work?
My keyboard 'collection': Terrible logitech MK520 wireless rubber dome board (first keyboard I used extensively, unfortunately), a pretty bad navy blue dell l100 with binding issues (I learned how to type on one of the black lubricated ones), an IBM model F I restored that is now my daily driver along with my laptop keyboard, and a very destroyed zenith z-150 with the black badge and alps green.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
    • tmk keyboard firmware project
Re: zenith z150 converter
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 23 May 2018, 07:11:01 »
This is not mature yet but it may work. It would be appriciated if you can post feedback in its thread.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=94649.0

Offline jshel2000

• Just a teenager who is also a massive nerd.
Re: zenith z150 converter
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 23 May 2018, 13:34:57 »
This is not mature yet but it may work. It would be appriciated if you can post feedback in its thread.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=94649.0

I'd prefer something more off the shelf to be honest, but I'll pick up a teensy and give it a try.
My keyboard 'collection': Terrible logitech MK520 wireless rubber dome board (first keyboard I used extensively, unfortunately), a pretty bad navy blue dell l100 with binding issues (I learned how to type on one of the black lubricated ones), an IBM model F I restored that is now my daily driver along with my laptop keyboard, and a very destroyed zenith z-150 with the black badge and alps green.