Author Topic: Organization of the "GroupBuys and Pre-Order" Section  (Read 4848 times)

Offline NoChance

Organization of the "GroupBuys and Pre-Order" Section
« on: Thu, 01 October 2020, 11:33:06 »
The group buys and pre-order section could benefit greatly by a little tiered organization. 

I think we can improve things dramatically by breaking it down into the following sub-boards:

• Group Buys & Preorders - Open 
  • Group Buys & Preorders - In Production
  • Group Buys & Preorders - Complete 

Operationally, Allowing mods (or perhaps approved thread owners) to move a thread between these options would make this easy and greatly ease the finding of new and open Group buys and relieve the clutter caused by old threads being bumped to the top.   

Thread moving could also be botted by enforcing a format for Group buys that requires keywords in the lead post or title such as "[OPEN DATE]", "[CLOSE DATE]" or ["STATUS: (OPEN/PRODUCTION/COMPLETE"]. 
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 October 2020, 11:35:08 by NoChance »

Offline Thatguywill430

Re: Organization of the "GroupBuys and Pre-Order" Section
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 02 October 2020, 09:39:27 »
I actually think this is a great idea!

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
Re: Organization of the "GroupBuys and Pre-Order" Section
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 09 October 2020, 23:39:26 »
I'm not sure if something like this is possible with the current forum software. Similar proposals have been made before, but it's usually been deemed too much effort on the part of the mod team to need to move all the threads -- as far as I know, it would need to be done manually.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)