Author Topic: CM Storm Novatouch Tour (Tour Over)  (Read 105405 times)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Re: CM Storm Novatouch Tour (Board Now In Motion)
« Reply #200 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 09:27:24 »
I'll be doing my mini review and either mailing it to MythicalWagyu or handing it off in person shortly.

Offline _PixelNinja

• C=Q/V=ε(A/t)
« Reply #201 on: Thu, 22 January 2015, 16:16:27 »
I don't remember but is this board a retail version or a prototype one? I ask because I'd like to know which one is it and which type of cable it has. IIRC the prototype version comes with a right angled cable and the retail version comes with a straight one. Can you confirm? I bought NT but I just noticed on the seller picture that it has a right angled cable hence I want to know which version I am getting.
You should not have to worry. The issues should be fixed on your retail SKU. You will know right off the bat if you have been delivered a release candidate (which have non final retail packaging) as the first thing you will see when opening the box will be a velvet sleeve.
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 January 2015, 16:56:52 by _PixelNinja »

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #202 on: Thu, 22 January 2015, 16:41:28 »
I don't remember but is this board a retail version or a prototype one? I ask because I'd like to know which one is it and which type of cable it has. IIRC the prototype version comes with a right angled cable and the retail version comes with a straight one. Can you confirm? I bought NT but I just noticed on the seller picture that it has a right angled cable hence I want to know which version I am getting.
You should not have to worry. The issues should be fixed on your retail SKU. You will know right off the bat if you have been delivered a release candidate (which have non final retail packaging) as the first thing you will see when opening the box will a velvet sleeve.
Alright thank you.

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #203 on: Thu, 22 January 2015, 17:01:45 »
Is this still open? I have never felt oneness with cup rubber...
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #204 on: Thu, 22 January 2015, 17:11:06 »

Sign ups for this round have been closed for a while. Mkawa or myself will be running a second round sometime.
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #205 on: Thu, 22 January 2015, 17:13:34 »

Sign ups for this round have been closed for a while. Mkawa or myself will be running a second round sometime.
Thx. I should have just read through the thread... but I'm on tapatalk...
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline gameaholic

Re: CM Storm Novatouch Tour (Board Now In Motion, Signups Over for Now)
« Reply #206 on: Fri, 23 January 2015, 19:13:12 »
Ok, I have the board in my hands.  Unfortunately, the board was damaged during shipping.  It appears to me entirely cosmetic and after pm'ing CPTbadass and going over the options, It has been decided to just keep moving forward with the tour. 

Sooooo, my first impressions:  It feels like really snappy mx reds to me.  The switches are very light compared to what I am used to (mx whites/buckling springs).  I already bottom out every stoke on those switches, so with these, I bottom the crap out of them.  It is not unpleasant though.  There is a nice solid thud from the bottoming and since I have the board sitting on a mouse pad, it doesn't resonate through my desk.  It is very quite to type on and I can now see what people mean when they mention the nice sound once in the rhythm.  To me, the only distraction is the loud stabilizers, but I am assume that they could be quieted with some thick grease without changing the feel. 

As far as the caps go, I much prefer the thick Cherrys and the Wyse 50 sets (thick abs).  One note on the Wyse set:  some of the keys get stuck while depressing them - particularly the f and j keys.  They hang on the switch housing and need and couple taps to get them to release.  I am sure with a tiny bit of dremel work to the inside of the offending keys, this issue would be resolved.  The pbt has a thinness in the sound and feel that makes it feel cheaper.  However, if you wanted a higher pitch sound in your typing, the pbt achieves that.  DSA is still a no-go for me, too flat.  The stock caps are crap, do yourself a favor and just buy your preferred keyset if you choose to buy this board.  SA on this board feels good (mounted my Pulse set that I have been using on my QFR with blues), but I am making typos all over the place.  I am not sure if it is due to the taller cap that I am still trying to bottom out or the soft actuation of the switch, or maybe a combo of the 2, but I make several errors per sentence if I try to type at my normal pace.  Slowing down, I can limit the errors, but then I lose that lovely sound rhythm.

The overall design of the board is quite nice.  I am still not a fan of the rubberized finish, but the sturdy feel, crisp corners, and nice flush finish of where the top and bottom of the case some together is quite nice.  Of note:  I love that it has a micro usb connector.  For some reason they feel more secure than the mini to me.  That and I have a ton of them laying around since everything uses them now. 

I will continue to use the board for the week and see if any of my initial impressions change, but so far, I could see owning this board - particularly in a work place environment where a cherry/bs switch might be too loud or annoying to coworkers.   

Hmm didn't think to put it on top of a mousepad to dampen the noise.  Might feel nice on a corsair or razer extended mousepad. 
IBM Model M SSK, Filco MJ2 Ninja TKL with Reds ergo-clears, CM Storm QFR 55g Whites, Poker II with Reds

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #207 on: Fri, 23 January 2015, 19:23:51 »
Ok, I have the board in my hands.  Unfortunately, the board was damaged during shipping.  It appears to me entirely cosmetic and after pm'ing CPTbadass and going over the options, It has been decided to just keep moving forward with the tour. 

Sooooo, my first impressions:  It feels like really snappy mx reds to me.  The switches are very light compared to what I am used to (mx whites/buckling springs).  I already bottom out every stoke on those switches, so with these, I bottom the crap out of them.  It is not unpleasant though.  There is a nice solid thud from the bottoming and since I have the board sitting on a mouse pad, it doesn't resonate through my desk.  It is very quite to type on and I can now see what people mean when they mention the nice sound once in the rhythm.  To me, the only distraction is the loud stabilizers, but I am assume that they could be quieted with some thick grease without changing the feel. 

As far as the caps go, I much prefer the thick Cherrys and the Wyse 50 sets (thick abs).  One note on the Wyse set:  some of the keys get stuck while depressing them - particularly the f and j keys.  They hang on the switch housing and need and couple taps to get them to release.  I am sure with a tiny bit of dremel work to the inside of the offending keys, this issue would be resolved.  The pbt has a thinness in the sound and feel that makes it feel cheaper.  However, if you wanted a higher pitch sound in your typing, the pbt achieves that.  DSA is still a no-go for me, too flat.  The stock caps are crap, do yourself a favor and just buy your preferred keyset if you choose to buy this board.  SA on this board feels good (mounted my Pulse set that I have been using on my QFR with blues), but I am making typos all over the place.  I am not sure if it is due to the taller cap that I am still trying to bottom out or the soft actuation of the switch, or maybe a combo of the 2, but I make several errors per sentence if I try to type at my normal pace.  Slowing down, I can limit the errors, but then I lose that lovely sound rhythm.

The overall design of the board is quite nice.  I am still not a fan of the rubberized finish, but the sturdy feel, crisp corners, and nice flush finish of where the top and bottom of the case some together is quite nice.  Of note:  I love that it has a micro usb connector.  For some reason they feel more secure than the mini to me.  That and I have a ton of them laying around since everything uses them now. 

I will continue to use the board for the week and see if any of my initial impressions change, but so far, I could see owning this board - particularly in a work place environment where a cherry/bs switch might be too loud or annoying to coworkers.   

Hmm didn't think to put it on top of a mousepad to dampen the noise.  Might feel nice on a corsair or razer extended mousepad.

I had it sitting on my OCZ XL mat.  It is nice and thick.  I actually put all of my boards on it since I don't like the resonance through my desk.   
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #208 on: Fri, 23 January 2015, 22:59:39 »
Alright, here's my review of the Novatouch.

Here's the tl;dr shorthand version: this board is confusing as hell and I have no clue what to make of it.

The Novatouch is a bag of contradictions to me.  I love it and I hate it at the same time. It has so many awesome parts of it, but at the same time, it has some glaring issues to me too.  I really have no clue how I feel about it.  At $200, it is definitely overpriced, but at $130, I may be inclined to buy it.

So to start, the good things about the board.  Although I railed on the cheap thin ABS it comes with stock, I'm not convinced it makes a huge difference what caps you use with it. The stock caps feel good on it and so do the POM and every other cap I tried on it.  Each cap affects the feel a little bit, but the caps don't seem to make a massive difference in feel, leastways not a difference between feeling good and feeling horrible.

The Novatouch is also the single best feeling metal plate Topre boards that I have tried.  I absolutely hated the Realforce boards I tried and the HHKB has been the apogee of Topre to me.  It's definitely better than Realforce, but I still prefer the feel of the HHKB.  The domes are nice and snappy and feel heavier than my HHKB domes though.  I'm still not sure that's a good thing.  It's incredibly pleasant to type on and just feels nice.

The case also feels solid and well built.  While it looks cheap, the case is solid and doesn't seem to torque a lot.

Now onto the bad.

Even though the board feels good, elements of it just feel cheap or poorly thought out.  First off, the modifiers rattle and clank unlike any other board I've ever used.  I'm used to Topre taking on a pitter patter quality, almost like rainfall. The Novatouch completely ruins that sensation.  It sounds and feels like a cheap plastic made in China toy at times.  It completely ruins the immersion.

Secondly, there is no Caps Lock LED.  I can't tell you how many times I accidentally tapped the Caps key and didn't know until I started typing.  It's annoying and, IMO, just poor design.

The board also follows the Topre convention of a plug on the outside of the case, not recessed or really set up in a better way.  Sure, there's a right angle cable, but it really doesn't address the issue.

Lastly, the domes almost feel too heavy.  The metal plate, the age of the domes, something makes them less pleasant to type on than my HHKB. You will bottom out most of the time and it doesn't make for a pleasant experience.   

This board really is an enigma to me. Part of me wants it, but part of me wants to chuck it into the ocean.  It's terrible, but the best plate mounted Topre board I've ever tried at the same time.  Maybe if I had it for long enough I would grow to love it, but right now, HHKB is love and the Novatouch follows a distant second for the title of best Topre board.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #209 on: Sat, 24 January 2015, 00:43:09 »
Secondly, there is no Caps Lock LED.  I can't tell you how many times I accidentally tapped the Caps key and didn't know until I started typing.  It's annoying and, IMO, just poor design.
That just seems like the oddest design choice to make
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #210 on: Sat, 24 January 2015, 00:49:26 »
That just seems like the oddest design choice to make

It really is.  I have no clue why there isn't one, but it's ****ing infuriating to be used to the HHKB layout, accidentally tap it, and be yelling.  It's one of those things that make no sense at all.  Even the Realforce and FC660C have a Caps Lock light.  The HHKB doesn't because it's on the Fn layer, but it makes no sense for a TKL keyboard to not have a Caps Lock LED.

Offline _PixelNinja

• C=Q/V=ε(A/t)
« Reply #211 on: Sat, 24 January 2015, 16:51:06 »
I think I must be the only person around who likes the fact there is no LED indicators at all on the keyboard.

Offline colomb

« Reply #212 on: Sun, 25 January 2015, 17:44:55 »
I think I must be the only person around who likes the fact there is no LED indicators at all on the keyboard.

I don't mind the lack of LED indicators either. I've never used them, and now that set caps lock as a control key, I don't see any need for an indicator light there.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #213 on: Mon, 26 January 2015, 04:29:14 »

I don't mind the lack of LED indicators either. I've never used them, and now that set caps lock as a control key, I don't see any need for an indicator light there.

Are there DIP switches on the Novatouch?

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #214 on: Mon, 26 January 2015, 05:34:36 »
Well I just received it so I got the answer of my own question.

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #215 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 17:42:37 »
Quick update: picked up the Novatouch from nubbinator last night; I'll be using it as much as possible this week alongside my FC660C & HHKB JP, compiling my thoughts, making some photos and, time permitting, hopefully a quick video or at least audio recording so people can hear the difference between the Topre boards (no promises on the video!)

Ngt since you didn't post the answer to your question - I don't see any DIP switches unless they are hidden somewhere  :thumb:
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #216 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 18:57:48 »
Quick update: picked up the Novatouch from nubbinator last night; I'll be using it as much as possible this week alongside my FC660C & HHKB JP, compiling my thoughts, making some photos and, time permitting, hopefully a quick video or at least audio recording so people can hear the difference between the Topre boards (no promises on the video!)

Ngt since you didn't post the answer to your question - I don't see any DIP switches unless they are hidden somewhere  :thumb:

Oh yeah you're right I forgot to write the answer. I didn't see any DIP switches either.

I hope you'll enjoy the Novatouch as I am right now. I must admit that Topre switches are growing on me as I'm using it more and more. I may try to silence it to hide that loud upstroke. My PBT set is coming along as well so I could see if it dampens the sound a bit more than the stock ABS caps.

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #217 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 04:34:32 »
So I'm just going to kind of jot down some thoughts and then update, clean up/organize them as I spend more time with the Novatouch and hopefully come up with some kind of cohesive mini-review by the end of my time with it.

Initial impressions:
* I can't handle the stock pad-printed thin keycaps; my fingers seem to do terrible things to ink even if I wash my hands constantly - stock caps have to go ASAP!
More

naked oh la la

* Thick PBT from Feng feels much better (not sure of manufacturing origin - IMSTO maybe?) I'll definitely throw Granite DSA PBT on here as well before I'm done. I wanted to test drive SA profile as well but I think my Penumbra order is going to come just after this board leaves my hands... so close but so far, C'est la vie!
More

* Feels sturdy (no real flex when giving it the twist test) and the case is nice; smooth, matte finish that doesn't feel like cheap plastic but isn't rubbery feeling either. If the coating holds up over time, I'm a fan.

* I like the understated, subdued design (reminds me a bit of the KUL) but still don't care for the CM STORM #l33tgamer logo - I feel like putting a Novatouch logo/wordmark on the back & moving the CM branding to the bottom would've been a better choice.
More

* Micro-USB is nice (works w/my PS4 cables!) but I dislike the placement, seems to easier to accidentally damage it
- compared to the under-board designs like KUL ES-87, QFR; maybe it offers a wider range of compatibility with custom USB cables (many of which don't fit under my KUL b/c of the fat connector.)

* Dear God what is up with the stabilized keys?!?  :confused: :'( :confused:
- They sound so unpleasant compared to the other keys, it's really jarring and detracts from the nice pitter patter of rapid typing w/Topre. I suck at typing so I backspace a lot, maybe it's just my crappy typing technique!

*Not compatible with (some?) MX-stem BroCaps - super niche complaint I know, but this is possibly a deal breaker for me as it means no BroCaps Topre or MX, or any other artisan cap that has a fat/non-round MX stem  :'( :'(
More

* No indication of CAPS lock anywhere  >:D

* 660C feels like it has heavier switches & more "snap" to it, imo, and HHKB feels lighter than the NT... time to break out the nickels...

* If this were my own personal board, I would highly consider modifying it as outlined by spiceBar - I think the horrible sound from the stabilized keys could be fixed with a little work. :thumb:

* Potential problems with GMK keycaps?

* I feel like CM either needs to lower the price point, offer better stock keycaps, or offer a "naked" version w/o caps for a reduced cost. Realforce boards have amazing keycaps and I don't think they cost a lot more (esp used?) IMO, increase the quality of the stock caps & dress down the packaging, or offer a naked version of the board (knowing that people will intend to add their own keycaps) and the Novatouch becomes a much more compelling keyboard.

///// still pending /////
short typing video while playing typing of the dead?

-- DISCLAIMERS --
I love my FC660C *and* my HHKB Pro JP, especially because they are different - I like them for different reasons and I like variety so having different keyboards lets me choose one that fits my current mood -- if you've already found your one true love (HHKB elite, Alps,  Nixdorftaylorswiftgang  or whatever) then the Novatouch is probably not for you as it is *not* a HHKB - YMMV
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline SonOfSonOfSpock

« Reply #218 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 18:43:02 »
Novatouch arrived in the mail. Everything looks in order.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #219 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 18:49:09 »
Thanks for the update sonofsonofspock!

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #220 on: Tue, 10 February 2015, 02:54:24 »
Novatouch arrived in the mail. Everything looks in order.

I hope you'll enjoy it!

Offline Jixr

« Reply #221 on: Mon, 16 February 2015, 11:08:12 »
Whoo! I'm next.

Very excited to give this thing a go, will be my first topre experience.

gonna put this thing through its paces. will be using it 8 hours at work a day, and then using it for some gaming sessions and everything else I can throw at it.

Offline SonOfSonOfSpock

« Reply #222 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 23:39:20 »
Here's my review:

This is my first time using Topre. So far, I’ve used a few different types of Cherry MX boards (red, blue, brown) and a Matias quiet click board. I can definitely see why people like Topre. The switches have a very smooth action. The end result of my experience is similar to CPTBadAss, for some reason with my typing style the bottom out is very jarring and end up causing aches/pains in a matter of minutes. I’m not sure why that is the case. The other Cherry boards I’ve used have light switches and I don’t have bottom out issues with those. I did notice that this effect was lessened with thinner key caps.

For the Novatouch, it is a very well-built board for the most part. It feels very solid and has a nice heft to it. The most glaring things I noticed being the stock key caps, the creaky modifiers, and the lack of caps lock indicator. These are things others in this tour have mentioned so this didn’t surprise me.

I really liked the POM caps included with the tour. I didn’t think I would like them from what I read. I might get a set next time I’m looking at caps. The only issue I had with key cap compatibility was that some of them from the WYSE set would get stuck in the down position.

Offline SonOfSonOfSpock

« Reply #223 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 23:43:38 »
Novatouch in transit to Jixr.

Offline Jixr

« Reply #224 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 09:09:16 »
According to tracking, I should have it Monday. And will forward it out that Friday or Saturday.

Offline Jixr

« Reply #225 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 17:29:34 »
Novatouch in hand! whoever threw the pretty blue/gray keycaps on this, they are amazing. ( anyone have a source for them )

Everything seemed to arrive in good shape.

Typing on it now, it feels amazing, but my fingers are already starting to hurt.

Over the next week I'll be putting this thing through every test I can, 40 hours of office work, gaming, programming, general use, and for writing.

I've been very interested in this, and at the end of the week will determine if I'm going to be ordering one or not.
I'll get some pics up tonight.

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #226 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 17:40:19 »
Novatouch in hand! whoever threw the pretty blue/gray keycaps on this, they are amazing. ( anyone have a source for them )

Typing on it now, it feels amazing, but my fingers are already starting to hurt.

Over the next week I'll be putting this thing through every test I can, 40 hours of office work, gaming, programming, general use, and for writing.

I've been very interested in this, and at the end of the week will determine if I'm going to be ordering one or not.
Thick PBT was purchased from Feng when I first started getting into mechanicals - glad you are enjoying them!

That reminds me, I'm way overdue to finish up my review  :eek:  :p
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
MICE >>
More
COMPUTER >>
More

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #227 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 18:27:20 »

I had such pain on the fingers at the beginning but it all went away after some time using it. Keep going at it you won't regret it!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #228 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 18:58:19 »
Thanks for the update jixr!

Offline Jixr

« Reply #229 on: Sat, 21 February 2015, 20:51:15 »

Offline Jixr

« Reply #230 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 13:26:48 »
Keyboards shipped out to the next person in line.

I'll have my review up shortly.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder

Offline dante

« Reply #232 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 16:35:08 »
Several reviewers have chimed in and stated the stabilizers sound like garbage.  Is this something Coolermaster is looking at fixing?

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #233 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 17:26:59 »
Several reviewers have chimed in and stated the stabilizers sound like garbage.  Is this something Coolermaster is looking at fixing?

I don't think we have any information on it so far. But I modded mine in order for it to be more silence. I think even without using the ladings pads, if you put some thick grease on the wire stabs it gets really quiet (at least better than the stock one).

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #234 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 19:31:25 »
Hello everyone,

Just stopping by to say that I received the board. There was some damage on the side of the case, but it looks like this happened a few shipments ago.
More
My first impression with the PBT keycaps is that I love it. I'll post a review after I have some more time with it.

Thank you again for doing this tour, CPTBadAss.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #235 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 03:31:38 »
Hello everyone,

Just stopping by to say that I received the board. There was some damage on the side of the case, but it looks like this happened a few shipments ago.
More
Show Image
My first impression with the PBT keycaps is that I love it. I'll post a review after I have some more time with it.

Thanks for letting us know. I'll be looking forward to read your review!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #236 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 06:01:58 »
Hello everyone,

More
Show Image

That damage happened during shipment between ComradeSniper and Badwrench so it's fine. Functionally the board is fine I believe. What caps are on the board? Can you please take a picture? I saw jixr swapped the caps but I was hoping he'd put the caps back on before shipping it out.

Offline Jixr

« Reply #237 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 10:08:24 »
I saw jixr swapped the caps but I was hoping he'd put the caps back on before shipping it out.
Those were the caps that were on it when I got it, so I just left them on there, all the rest of the caps were in individually marked baggies.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #238 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 10:13:06 »
Ok sounds good. As long as the caps are in the box that's fine :). Thanks for the heads up.

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #239 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 18:14:54 »
What caps are on the board? Can you please take a picture? I saw jixr swapped the caps but I was hoping he'd put the caps back on before shipping it out.

quick pic before I try these Vortex Doubleshot PBT on the NovaTouch

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #240 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 18:56:39 »
What caps are on the board? Can you please take a picture? I saw jixr swapped the caps but I was hoping he'd put the caps back on before shipping it out.

quick pic before I try these Vortex Doubleshot PBT on the NovaTouch

Show Image

There was no space bar in the set?

Offline awhitedev

« Reply #241 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 10:51:29 »
I know signups are over for now... are there any hopes to reopen them? I would love to get in on this and try out some Topre  :)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #242 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 06:09:06 »
I know signups are over for now... are there any hopes to reopen them? I would love to get in on this and try out some Topre  :)

I've got another Novatouch coming as soon as I get keycaps in. Shoutouts to mkawa. I'll open up another tour when I get the board. It'll probably be in this thread and I'll post the info in the OP.

Offline justify

• Great news!
« Reply #243 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 16:23:59 »

I've got another Novatouch coming as soon as I get keycaps in. Shoutouts to mkawa. I'll open up another tour when I get the board. It'll probably be in this thread and I'll post the info in the OP.
Any chance of opening up the tour to us UK peasants?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #244 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 16:27:41 »
mkawa and I talked about it. It seems like we want to try and keep the tour as safe as we can. I have had really bad luck with UK mail and I'm uncomfortable with sending a board overseas. I suggest checking on DT to see if they're running any tours as they are more EU centric.

Offline justify

• Great news!
« Reply #245 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 16:32:49 »
mkawa and I talked about it. It seems like we want to try and keep the tour as safe as we can. I have had really bad luck with UK mail and I'm uncomfortable with sending a board overseas. I suggest checking on DT to see if they're running any tours as they are more EU centric.
UK mail is safe if done from within the UK, so if you sent it tracked/recorded/signed to a UK resident, once it arrives it will be fairly safe. I checked on DT and no one is doing anything with topre at the moment.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #246 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 16:34:29 »
I have about a 50% loss rate when sending packages from the USA to UK. Tracked or otherwise. With my own stuff, I'd risk it. With something I'm essentially borrowing from mkawa, I don't feel comfortable.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine

I received the second Novatouch today. It has stock caps, 2 sets of DSA, and a DSA RGB set. The Galaxy Class set is incredibly beautiful in person.

Would the people on the tour like for me to send the board out to the rest of the 1st tour so that people don't have to wait anymore or would they mind if I opened up a second parallel tour.
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 March 2015, 20:14:16 by CPTBadAss »

Offline osi

Open up the second queue! :)

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
I'm 100% in if you are doing a second tour, the novatouch intrigues me. And trying different boards is always nice.