Author Topic: Something toxic giveaway  (Read 13562 times)

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
Something toxic giveaway
« on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 12:37:29 »
Toxic BBv2 MX

How to win:

Tell us all a story about something toxic in your life that led to something positive. I will choose the winner, and they can do whatever they want with their prize. I'm thinking 5-7 days from this post will be enough time for everyone that wants to enter to do so.

Everyone's got stuff in their past, and I just thought it would do a lot of good to remind people that things change. Life gets better and sometimes something negative happening is the catalyst.
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 August 2015, 13:36:44 by danielucf »
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
Re: Something toxic giveaway
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 12:49:55 »
Short version:  Divorce

Little more detail:
   I met a girl in college and we hit it off.  Got married too quickly, had a daughter right off the bat (she is awesome), put her through school for a career change, she cheated on me (I took her back), she cheated on me a second time (I didn't take her back).  During the last couple months, she tapped out our credit cards (which I was the primary on all of them), then dragged me through divorce court for 2+ years: I just ended up giving her everything because I didn't want to deal anymore.  After the separation, I looked back and realized how much nagging and fighting was going on. 
   As I was finishing my divorce, I met a new girl that showed me how life was really meant to be.  We dated for a while since I was not wanting to be in another relationship and she was patient with me.  We are now married with a 2 year old daughter that is truly amazing and I see now how good life can be. 

Thanks for doing this giveaway daniel, toxic is truly one of my favorite colorways, your original gb was the reason I joined GH.   :thumb:
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 12:51:26 »

Little more detail:
   I met a girl in college and we hit it off.  Got married too quickly, had a daughter right off the bat (she is awesome), put her through school for a career change, she cheated on me (I took her back), she cheated on me a second time (I didn't take her back).  During the last couple months, she tapped out our credit cards (which I was the primary on all of them), then dragged me through divorce court for 2+ years: I just ended up giving her everything because I didn't want to deal anymore.  After the separation, I looked back and realized how much nagging and fighting was going on. 
   As I was finishing my divorce, I met a new girl that showed me how life was really meant to be.  We dated for a while since I was not wanting to be in another relationship and she was patient with me.  We are now married with a 2 year old daughter that is truly amazing and I see now how good life can be. 

Thanks for doing this giveaway daniel, toxic is truly one of my favorite colorways, your original gb was the reason I joined GH.   :thumb:

Damn, if that doesn't win it, I don't know what will. Glad you're in happy place now Badwrench.

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 12:55:57 »

Little more detail:

Damn, if that doesn't win it, I don't know what will. Glad you're in happy place now Badwrench.

Thanks.  I don't often talk about it, but is now so far in the past and my life so much better that it doesn't bother me anymore. 

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 13:12:45 »

I'm really happy to read that things are much better for you. I've got my first little one on the way, and we find out the gender September 1st.

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 13:15:09 »

I'm really happy to read that things are much better for you. I've got my first little one on the way, and we find out the gender September 1st.

That is exciting!  I am surrounded by girls, so you know what I am hoping for. 

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 13:16:48 »
I've had a few friendships with people who were manipulative. They twisted my words and took advantage of me. I didn't really see it and beat myself up over it. It led me to spend countless hours in the gym to blow off the anger and frustration. One particularly meaningful friendship ended rather poorly and I finally realized how toxic this person was after hearing countless stories from others. All the time in the gym though to blow off the built up anger led me to becoming healthier and stronger than ever. My body image and mental health have never been better and I've realized a lot about myself and others in the process.

Thanks for doing this Daniel!

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 13:24:32 »
Short story: Innocence shattered and hard times make me a stronger person.  CP is involved

Longer Story: My girlfriend and I, at the age of 15 are obviously going to being banging as much as we can.  My place, her place, home alone or not.  One day as my girlfriend is looking on her family computer, she finds videos. Videos of her and I doing the deed filmed through a pinhole camera placed by her father.  Just the existence of these videos are disgusting enough, but the names, oh god the names "Cute Redhead Takes Cock" "Redhead undresses".  Sick ****ing ****.  Queue a year and a half long legal battle along with depression and insecurity, with a wonderful girlfriend who's overcome a lot of the financial losses and being disowned by most of her family at this point.  I'm doing a lot better, was in therapy for a few months, but there's a lot of things that still give me small panic attacks.  His car for example, silver vw golf hatchback, a super common car around here.   A bit of a ramble sorry, but it's nice to vent about this stuff.  If anyone is wondering, yes I'm still with her, and she's done very well for herself and is going through therapy still.  It's coming up on two years since the first night.

If anyone has questions I'm okay with answering them.
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 August 2015, 15:20:08 by XX7 »
IG: https://www.instagram.com/27mechs/                                        Website: http://www.mech27.com/

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 13:27:21 »
I've had a few friendships with people who were manipulative. They twisted my words and took advantage of me. I didn't really see it and beat myself up over it. It led me to spend countless hours in the gym to blow off the anger and frustration. One particularly meaningful friendship ended rather poorly and I finally realized how toxic this person was after hearing countless stories from others. All the time in the gym though to blow off the built up anger led me to becoming healthier and stronger than ever. My body image and mental health have never been better and I've realized a lot about myself and others in the process.

Thanks for doing this Daniel!
I had a few "friends" like that when I started highschool, but then I realized, like how you did, that they were manipulative.  I hope you've found some good friends!
IG: https://www.instagram.com/27mechs/                                        Website: http://www.mech27.com/

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 13:35:44 »
Are newbies allowed to enter? This is an incredibly generous offer.

My story is somewhat similar to Badwrench's

I met a girl freshman year of college, she got pregnant, we got married. 4 months into the pregnancy, we go into the doctor and find there is zero amniotic fluid in her uterus. We were crushed as the doctor told us she had a 1 in a 1,000,000 chance of being born alive. Fast forward 5 more months after a procedure to lance the ureterocele that was blocking my daughter's bladder, and she comes out screaming. After a week in the ICU she came home. 9 months later, and two surgeries for my daughter, my wife cheats on me with some dude she dated when she was 15. We got a divorce, and thankfully I got joint custody of my daughter. I met a wonderful lady during my last two years of school, and we got married just over a year ago, bought a house, and after 5 surgeries my daughter is doing great. I've been blessed to say the least.

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 13:44:19 »

I met a girl freshman year of college, she got pregnant, we got married. 4 months into the pregnancy, we go into the doctor and find there is zero amniotic fluid in her uterus. We were crushed as the doctor told us she had a 1 in a 1,000,000 chance of being born alive. Fast forward 5 more months after a procedure to lance the ureterocele that was blocking my daughter's bladder, and she comes out screaming. After a week in the ICU she came home. 9 months later, and two surgeries for my daughter, my wife cheats on me with some dude she dated when she was 15. We got a divorce, and thankfully I got joint custody of my daughter. I met a wonderful lady during my last two years of school, and we got married just over a year ago, bought a house, and after 5 surgeries my daughter is doing great. I've been blessed to say the least.

It seems like a pretty common theme, pregnant in college and marrying far too early.  I'm glad to hear everything has worked out for you though!

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 13:51:49 »
Subject: My Mother

The Story:

More
Ever since i was old enough to take care of my self, i have been forced to do exactly that. I lived in my mothers house but its like she didnt exist, and when she did it was constant fighting  and arguing. She she never graduated because i was born when she was only 14. To her, I was the person who had to live up to any expectations she previously had for herself. Even though my grandfather had told me she did poorly in school, always barely scraping by, she expect nothing but perfection out of me. To her a B was just a missed chance to get an A, when report cards came, i always did my best hide away from her. I was a good student, but I was never good enough for her. I would get beaten, i would get shouted and screamed at, i would be grounded for such long periods of time that i could never keep too much of a social life. In saying all this you would think this is when i was old enough, but it started even as early as 4th and 5th grade.

Toxic, is barely word enough to describe her. It bloomed even worse when i got older. When i hit 13 she was pregnant with my younger brother, and after he was born, i took care of him... She wasn't home, and my step-father was working a 2pm-1am shift, so he wasn't there either. From the moment i got home from school, i was in charge of him. My mom left for work, my step dad was already gone, it was only me and my brother. I changed diapers, i made formula, i taught him to walk and Taught him to talk. He didnt ever say momma or dada, he said my name first. Nathan, or 'nay-an' at first. This was tough on me, and got tougher to come, because when my brother was just 10 months old, my mom had two more. My younger twin brothers. Again, this was placed on me, i was barely older than 14 and here i was taking care of and spending all my time with 3 young children. I was alone, i didnt have friends, i didnt have hobbies. It was just me.

I did this for just over 4 years. It was my senior year, i was nearly free of high school. I was the first one in my family to accomplish this since my great grand-father. The toxic nature of my mother had really dug itself deep into my brain, i was depressed, i spent most of my time in my basement, staying up until 2-3 in the morning just to have some time to my self, away from my brothers. I loved them, but i needed to be me.

Then a slight miracle happened, i met a girl. She had just gotten out of a relationship with a guy that never paid any attention to her, even after being together since sophomore year. She was way out my league, but we related because we both had someone in our lives that had really tore us apart. We stared dating during in the beginning of the last semester, and life had started feeling better for both myself and her. That was until the week after graduation. I was getting home late from being with my girl, it was dark, but i could see two people smoking on the front porch. It was my mother, and my father, my father i hadnt seen since i was a kid. he was yelling at her, she was yelling back. As i turned off my car, and got out, my father waled past me with no words. He didnt acknowledge  i was there and had gotten in his car and drove away. "sit" she told me, not even looking at me. I knew there really had to be something going on. "pack your **** up and get out of my house" she said to me. 'to me' is really just an expression here, she never looked at me. There wasnt emotion in her voice. It was scary to me, unknown. "Your father cant take you in either, he doesnt have a place to stay, but i dont care where you go, it just cant be here." I didnt know what to do, i stuttered at her for a minute unable to get words out. She finally looked at me, her face still blank, unfeeling. "Your a lazy do nothing, you dont have a job, you have no future. Mike and I need to move to smaller house and theres no room for you there, just pack your stuff and go, don't wake your brothers. Ill tell them what happened to you eventually." Still stunned, i packed what little of my stuff i could into my grand am and drove off.

Now this whole story leads up to the ending.

For me, its a good ending, for her, who knows?

I spent about 6 months at my cousins house on his couch, and going to college not far from there. Then, my girlfriend told me to move in with her and her grand mother that she helped take care of. I was dogin better, no longer depressed, i had moved on. I heard nothing from my mother, and as much as i missed my brothers, distancing my self from her has been the best thing that had ever happened.

Im 23 now, i have a great job. My and my highschool girl friend got married after being together 4 years, and we are coming up now on our 1 year anniversary.

I am still a little damaged, the thought of having kids scares me, as i had so much of my younger life dedicated to raising kids. MY wife understand this, she doesnt pressure it and knows that eventually i do want to have at least one.

Toxicity had ruined my childhood, but now in the future it power me to be a better person. It led me to know that being a parent is all about love, and not about constantly pressuring your kids to be the best at everything. I love my current life, and wouldnt trade it for anything.

I wrote a very long story above... and im sorry that its so long, its the first time i've ever really talked about what had happened to me, and beside my wife, you guys here at GH are the only ones who know the story of me.

You guys are an awesome community, and I'm just glad i can be apart of it.
B.Face HHKB - B.mini - Black/Purple Custom

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 13:53:35 »

It seems like a pretty common theme, pregnant in college and marrying far too early.  I'm glad to hear everything has worked out for you though!

Thanks. My daughter had 3 kidney surgeries, eventually having one removed, and hip surgery twice. Now when you see her, you would think she is just a regular 7 year old girl.

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 15:50:46 »
I tell this story to people for fun whenever I have like 20-30 minutes to kill. Its been a couple years now so I don't think about it too much in a negative light as my life is pretty damn good at the moment :thumb:

Sorry its a bit long, there's context that I feel is relevant even if it might not be.

I met a girl (A) when in 7th grade and we instantly clicked. One day, I just asked her to be my best friend and she said okay and we talked every single day (usually on AIM) for hours of the day from then on. I had a girlfriend in 7th and 8th grade, so it was never romantic on my part; I just enjoyed talking to her a lot. However, I found out years later that a guy had liked her in 8th grade and he made her choose between himself and me, and she chose me (without me ever knowing about any of this).

In 9th grade, we became a lot closer and we were hugging each other in between periods, etc. but I decided to not ask her out. I had all these ideas of losing my best friend if things went south and that she was independent and didn't actually need a boyfriend. I ended up liking a few other girls in 10th and 11th grade and she used to get mad at me for not talking to her as much whenever I was talking to another girl.

In 11th grade, I met a new girl (B) that I ended up liking a lot. She turned out to be my first kiss and I would spend a bunch of time with her just hanging out after school and whatnot. I ended up telling girl (A) that I was planning on asking girl (B) out and girl (A) broke down and didn't leave her room for a couple of days. That weekend, girl (A) took me to a park and spilled out her heart to me, saying that she had been waiting for me all of these years but I never noticed. I didn't want to lose my best friend so I ended things with girl (B) and started talking more to girl (A) again. We ended up going out a few months later and were still together going into college.

Once I got into college, I was trying to meet new people and talk to everyone, especially in the dorms. Girl (A), who went to a different college, felt that I was leaving her behind "like I did in highschool with all the other girls". Therefore, I started to spend all my time talking to her, texting through classes and webcamming throughout the rest of the day. One day, she remembered a rumor that I had gotten my first kiss from girl (B) and asked me if it was true. I didn't want to lie so I said yes and told her the general events of what happened to lead up to the kiss. She freaked out and started crying nonstop not just for that day but for the coming months after that. I would need to talk to her throughout the day and comfort her every time she felt sad as she kept imagining girl (B) kissing me. She would ask me questions like "how did you kiss her?" or "how many times did you kiss her?" and they would never end, no matter what I would say. I ended up telling her a bedtime story every night because she liked falling asleep to my voice.

I stuck through it the whole year, with the worst day being the day of my 8 am physics final. She was feeling especially terrible that day and was keeping me up through the night arguing with me. She ended up hitting herself in front of me, attempting to drink alcohol (we both didn't drink), and saying things directed at me in a very high pitched voice as she woke up in the middle of her sleep. I got about an hour and a half of sleep that night and bombed my final.

This continued throughout the year and got worse when I left for a foreign country in the summer. My grandma was ill so I would go to work, visit my grandma at the hospital, and rush home to talk to girl (A). She would want to talk through my night, as it was a big time difference, and I was sleeping maybe 3 hours a day for the whole summer. At one point, she wanted us to see a therapist, which I agreed was a good idea, but then changed her mind and wanted me to see a hypnotist so he could ask me the questions she wanted answers to (i.e. how many times did you kiss her. The hypnotist told her that that wasn't how hypnotizing worked so that idea got dropped after a while.

After that summer, she wanted to focus more on school and I thought that was a great idea, except it meant she was talking to me for maybe an hour a day at the very end of the day. After talking to her for all day every single day, this was too big of a change for me and I felt like part of my life had ripped out. So we ended up deciding to break up. We still met up for lunch as friends during winter break and everything was very civil. However, during spring break, she texted me asking to eat lunch one day but I said I already had plans with another girl to play basketball. She blew up at me again, even though we weren't going out anymore, and her last text to me was "have fun with her".

I haven't talked to her since as she blocked me from literally everything. I realize now that it was not a very healthy relationship to be in and it dragged on for way too long, but I cherish the lessons that I learned from that relationship. I learned how to treat others (especially in a relationship), how to communicate better, and that you had to love yourself and enjoy life before you can really share yourself with someone else. Now I am in a different relationship with a girl that is amazing and I do my best to make sure she knows that she's awesome.  :thumb:
TGR Jane CE|FC660C|Orion V2
GMK Hyperfuse|GMK Olivetti|GMK Red Alert|Soulfree's Teal|GMK Cyan

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 17:27:51 »
wow,, we got some  reddit sob story experts up in here..

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 17:36:40 »
Show Image

Hahaha you ****
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 17:41:13 »
Show Image

Hahaha you ****
But tp4 is our ****, So we love him.

Offline TastaturenAuslese

• Formerly temence
  • life marrow suckerer
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 18:31:27 »
Thanks for doing this giveaway! It's great to see how people can bounce back from dark times.

Story:

More
My ex, who I started dating in high-school and throughout college until mid 2nd-year, was the source of my most toxic relationship I've had. In high-school, we were fine and things were quite normal. However, when we got to college (and we coincidentally got into the same college together, nothing planned), things changed.

With the pressure and need to make new friends, and seeing as we were in different faculties, I think she felt quite threatened by all the new people I would be meeting. She got quite jealous whenever I went out with people, and that made it hard for me to make new friends. I really felt the pressure not to meet people, so much that I didn't really hang out with anyone other than her. It actually got so bad that sometimes, she would be so clingly and needy that she wouldn't let me go to close: whenever I tried to leave her apartment, she would break down in tears, or basically shut herself down (not eat, not do anything) until I get back. That made it really hard for me to leave, even to go back to my own house and to my family, because whenever I did, I would have the guilt of knowing that she was literally just sitting around waiting for me to get back. In fact, sometimes we should hurt herself if I left. And keep in mind that this was just leaving for the night. I would be back at her place the next day. 

But I realized that what made this relationship even more toxic was my attitude toward it. She had spoken to me in the beginning of first year telling me how she was scared of meeting people (she had a little bit of anxiety in social situations). I didn't realize it then, but now that I look back, I realized I was aggravating her anxiety by forcing myself to go out and meet people. I think to prevent the toxicity that developed, I could've helped her through the first few weeks, we could've met people together, and then started branching out slowly.

Things got way worse before they got better. Our relationship deteriorated towards the end of second year, and we grew up, but we did have one good talk before things went to ****, and it was that, if we did break up, we would try to piece back as much things together, before we did. It's a whole separate story, but somehow towards the end of second year, she began making more friends after she joined a club.

In the end, we realized we were bringing each other down. Although I would have said that we broke up somewhere in the summer, the official break up didn't come until the end of fall. In one of the cleanest break-ups I have ever seen and heard of, we both went our separate ways. This was really great because there were no (bad) tears - there were tears, of course, but more like the kind you get when you see something really touching -, no swearing and I think, no hate. And the great thing is we can still talk right now, and see how happy we are with our current lives.

I learnt a lot in that relationship, though, and I'm trying my best to use the things I learnt for my future. One of the biggest things I learnt was that, however hard you think it's someone else's fault or they are the cause of the way things are now, more likely, there is a chance that you have some part to play in that, too. I also learnt the value of patience, which really goes a long way.

I'm with someone else now, and she's the greatest. :) We definitely have our downs, just as any relationship should, but I'm trying to make it so that we get through every one of those, which makes all the ups even greater and worth in. In fact, she's on GH, and some of you may know her from my posts.

If you're reading this, I know I might lose my patience sometimes, but I'm trying really hard to be the best me I can be for you :3

TL;DR:

From the most toxic relationship I've ever had, I realized that toxicity doesn't only come from one person. Sometimes, toxicity can be caused by yourself. Sometimes, without realizing it, you could be fueling the toxicity.

But also remember not to blame yourself for everything, because as I said, toxicity doesn't only come from one person. Take a step back, look at things, and be patient :) Things definitely get better.
« Last Edit: Sun, 30 August 2015, 11:17:38 by temence »
Home: Kishsaver - IBM 6019284/F62 | Work: HHKB Professional 2 Silenced | Temporary Retirement:
More
IBM '89 1391401 Merrill Lynch Financial Edition

They are a functional and practical indulgence.

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 18:50:43 »
Yeah ohkay.

Binge was picked on pretty hard going from K-6.  I moved from Philadelphia out to a new suburb on the edge of farm country when my father chose a job in Allentown.  He has always had long work hours and would on occasion head off to Hong Kong/Taiwan for business.  So I was raised primarily by my older sister and my mom.  Hanging out with those two is like a great acid trip, or at least as good as the ones I've had.  It's just pure imagination in the song and dance Willy Wonka kinda way.  I never really let that go.  If you can imagine I found a lot of comfort in activities which involved using my hands and mind together in unison for epic-mega-fun-times.  Also had a vivid imagination. 

A vivid creative and someone off balance brain without very much discipline got me into trouble with other kids and teachers.  My peers had no idea how to process my use of color/IDGAF I painted on my Keds/I'm gonna wear a neon green jumpsuit in their everyday life.  The teachers didn't really get how I could fill out a test in one color ink, then proceed to fill in the rest of the page with other ink making the answers very hard to read... or using techniques to change the problem numbers on my tests so 6 look like 8 and 2 looks like 7 etc etc.

Every day I was at the mercy of adults who wanted to make an example out of one of the kids to set the others straight, or a kid who wanted to do something similar to enforce their clique.  **** I stuck out like a sore thumb.  I had possibly half a year worth of days with recess.  I was always doing secretary work in the principal's office as punishment and protection.  Whenever I got out I would get hit,  when I got hit and did nothing about it I would get hit again, when I went to a fat lazy aid they would tell me it was normal, and when I hit back I was labelled the one who, "started it."  My policy became to always hit back.  I got in more trouble, but I was then spending time in the office which was more safe for me in the long term.  That was until kids began following me into the bathrooms or very aggressively/suddenly pushing me over in the hallways.  It was very very difficult to get through the abuse.  At one point I had to have a police officer follow me through school to make sure I wasn't being abused.  That helped me get my ass kicked the very next day, and when that happened they finally took me out of regular classes.  I couldn't ride the bus.  I had my own "break time" where I was alone, and I was not allowed to talk during classes.  Life was homework, tests, and note taking for my last two years of Elementary.

The next year (Grade 6) was the start of something new.  I was taller, the school was much larger, and the class was a composition of so many walks of life it was hard to be the only 'freak'. 

Low and behold there was some bully that other people who used to pick on me knew.  They were afraid of him :O  He heard about me from one of them, but they didn't tell him that they always approached me in groups.  Not sure what his grand idea was, but he hadn't grown much over the summer and I was at least a head taller than him.  When he approached me by kicking out my back leg I hit my head pretty hard on my open locker door... he was laughing and that gave me time to punch the kid in the throat and shove him into my open locker.  Once he was in I closed it.  After that I never really got picked on again.

Can't say things turned out for the best, but I didn't kill myself like some of the kids in my graduating class.
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 August 2015, 18:54:56 by Binge »
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 21:46:08 »
Man. Makes me sad that so many people have gone through these situations, but then i'm glad to keep reading and find out there's a bright side!  :)

I'm not entering, nor do i have something horrible happen to me (i'm sure bad things, but nothing horrible) but id just want to talk about something that came to mind when reading this, and as mentioned, I'm just spilling my guts because it's nice to get it out.

More
My father wasnt a bad parent, but just wasnt home much or supported me in anything I did do to the fact that he was always busy working or lacked any interested in what I was doing. Seeing how he immigrated from Mexico, never finished middle school, and hardly new any English, he couldnt exactly be helping me in school, or even knew anything that was suppose to be done to help benefit me and my education, and to an extent my future.

Since i seemed to have lacked a father figure, I looked toward my half-brother (he's 10 or so years older than me), who also immigrated from Mexico with my mother when she came over. He grew up as a teenager here in the states so he learned English fairly well and graduated high school. My brother was a major influence on my life, and he would help me with everything he could since my dad was always busy. He taught me how to drive stick, picked me up from school, took me to the store, library, or wherever. Like most people, you learn about cars by helping your father fix cars, handing them tools and then getting your hands dirty and assigning you simple tasks. He was the one who asked me to help him. He was my father when my real one couldnt be there.

My father is an electrician, and my brother worked with him for many years. My father is a stubborn ass man, and everyone knows it. When he gets mad, he'll bring up random things he has a problem with that have no relation to what he's doing or what you're talking to him about.
You're arguing with him about how you need something for school but he wont take you to get it? Well he's not gonna take you because you didnt wash the dishes 2 days ago.

Anyway. My brother has had to deal with him for many years, on the job and at home. If anything went wrong on the job, he'd use that as ammunition if they ever got into an argument. My brother was a heavy drinker (and i dont doubt it was because of my dad) and so my dad would always get on his case about it, although it didnt affect his work and he wasnt getting into trouble. My brother stopped drinking as much, but my dad still gets on his case about every little thing.

One day, my brother decided he had enough, and left for good. He talked to me as if he was a father leaving his kid after a divorce. I was in my early teens.
I've always had a a hate for my dad because of it. Always arguing with him, disliking his decisions and reasoning for things. I even got to a point where i left home, making my mother cry because my dad had kicked me out. I was only gone for a week or so till things cooled down, and i dont beleive we ever talked about it.

My girlfriend was there through it all.She would always talk to me and question me on why I always argued with my dad and why we never got along because she couldn't understand. She made me come to terms that I hated him for making my brother leave, and for never helping me with anything that I felt was something important. She was the reason I was able to stay out of trouble the rest of the time i lived with my parents. I stopped fighting with my father once i realized I couldn't get mad at his decisions or the things he said.

She made my life tremendously better. Convincing me to go back to school and even attend my graduation ceremony (although i REALLY didnt want to). Sadly, my parents went to Mexico the day of my graduation. I was upset, but my girlfriend was there for me when I finally ended up talking about it months later.

I've moved in with my girlfriend and that's about it. Life is a lot better because of her. I'm going to school (once again) to get a degree in Computer Networking, I have purchased a car (extra tid bit - my dad has never given me a vehicle to learn to drive on and has given me no money toward purchasing a car) and i'm physically and mentally healthier than i've ever been.

SO i guess thanks dad for being an ass!

Also some more tid bits.
- He continues to be an ass to my sisters who live with him, busting their balls about every little thing. Hopefully they move out soon and dont have to deal with him.
- I had asked him to help me by buying me my first car (or at least letting me borrow a car) [keep in mind, we're talking about buying a UUUUUSED car, like 100k miles used] and reminded him i needed it to get to school since my girlfriend would have a completely different schedule than me so i couldnt use her car. He never did anything about it, and then he bought himself a work truck and bought my sister a car because her old one was breaking down. He had no plans on buying a truck but my mom said he bought it because he thought it was a "good deal". I then had my girlfriend's parent front the rest of the money for the car i needed to buy. Her parents have taken me in and have helped me GREATLY when my dad has fallen short, which is always. So a GIIIIANT THANK YOU to them :thumb:
-One of my sisters has 2 kids and she wasn't that great at taking care of them and their father is not around. They were a reason I felt i needed to stay living there. I always felt i couldnt leave them as my brother left me and I needed to be there for them.

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 00:28:53 »
My girl left me after more than 8 years, from one day to another, from "i love you" and planing to have a baby, to "tomorrow i move out, already packet my stuff". I felt hurt, deceived and miserable, combined with two deaths of close family members not too short before, I started to get depressive. I locked myself up at home and started to drink and stuff, bad times. But one day a friend, which at that point was just someone I knew from work, asked me to go to some bar with him, of course I refused, I didn't want to go out, or see anyone. But he didn't gave up, he bugged and bothered me, I still refused. Then he turned up at my doorstep to force me, I eventually complied. Then he took me to the shabbiest bar in the whole city, and I was like "WTF! What do we want at such a place?", and he was like "I know you feel miserable, like your world crumbled into pieces, but look around..." Well, I looked around and I saw scruffy toothless people in tracksuits being totally wasted even tho it was just like 7:00 p.m. or something. Then he said "See this people? You think your life is **** after what happened, right? But look how well you are and what you got compared to this people. I mean, at least you have a job, proper clothing, teeth in you mouth, and most importantly a perspective!". Now, this actually gave me the first smile in weeks, and to make a long story short... By now this "just someone I knew from work" guy became my best friend, someone I spend a lot time with, someone I actually trust, someone I value a lot. Also, one day his girlfriend had one of her friends over at their place when I was there to visit. I talked to her, we joked around, liked each other, and... fast forward to today, I'm in a relationship with her for a half year now. So, because of all this I'm somewhat happy that the bad bits happened, one door closed, two others opened :)
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 August 2015, 00:36:54 by TheSoulhunter »

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 02:42:29 »
oh i thought it was demik's attitude
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 02:55:31 »
my story:

i got into the keyboard hobby and it's pretty toxic, not just to my wallet but the attitudes regarding a lot of the collectable items out there drive me nuts.

but i have made some good friends out of it!
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #23 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 03:20:52 »

Now it's confirmed you are me.

I got a lot of things that would be toxic, but not really looking up :[
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline Nai_Calus

• * Destiny Supporter
  • CLACK
« Reply #24 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 03:40:22 »
Mine was a toxic friendship and partly my fault, in fact I blamed myself completely for a long time until it finally got through to me after like the 20th separate person told me he was an ass about things. tl;dr he was a passive-aggressive jerk, I'm too friendly a drunk, and I'm too committed to people and trying to make things work.

More
So back in 2010 I join a D&D game. Cool commited people, DM is a cool guy. Things go OK for a while. A couple of years later I have an issue with how something was handled, I bring it up, he dismisses it, I try to explain why it bothers me, he flips his **** and kicks me out of the game with absolutely no warning at all that he was getting annoyed by me previously. And honestly that should have been my warning sign to get the **** out of Dodge, but no, I blamed myself. I'd been down previously, I've struggled with depression since I was a teenager and been on and off a dozen different meds over the years, I was off them at the time. I got kicked into overdrive by the shock and the self-blame and trying desperately to salvage the relationships with the other people in the game.

I end up going to a mental health clinic and got put on Prozac. I do not react well to Prozac. One of the more perverse things with depression is that it can lead to suicidal thoughts, but you're too down to do anything with them, but as antidepressants start to work or react wrong, they can actually bring you to a point where the feelings are worse and you end up actually having the energy to act on them. One night a couple months after going on the Prozac it got to that point. Drank a bunch of Vodka, took every pill I had on hand. Someone found out and called the police. Ended up in the hospital. Got put on different worse meds. Bounced around to different things for a while. Get on something that sort of works.

After about six months dude realizes he was kind of completely a jerk about the whole thing and asks me back. I loved the game and the people in it so instead of laughing in his face like I should have, I cheerfully accepted. Things went fine for a while. Now during this time he got close to some people who were complete jerkbros and into hardcore **** nobody else liked in the group that DM kept trying to introduce, and he started to act more like his buddies. He got divorced, just suddenly had things end one night. (She was super vindictive and we of course piled on her when talking to him... Given things later I'm pretty sure she had every right to hate his guts given that she was living with this guy.)  He got depressed about it, we worried, me especially because I'd just been there less than a year earlier with the bad depression brought on by emotional shocks and getting divorced is not something fun. He fretted about being nearly 30 and worried that nobody would find him attractive again at his age, and had always joked around about liking it when people thought he was sexy. This becomes important later.

So anyway, we're at Gen Con. I'd moved cross-country the year before and had lost access to mental health services, and was not on medication. The depression flared up bad about a month or so before the con. I was absolutely miserable the whole time and trying to keep close to the people I knew and trusted to center myself. Whoops. We're at a game, someone busts out a box of wine, we're all drinking, I forget how much is actually in a solo cup and get pretty much sloshed. I'm a giggly happy jokey huggy drunk. The game was being run by his jerkass friends I mentioned earlier who didn't like me much to begin with; I made a joke at one point along the lines of the ones the rest of the players had been making all game and one of them literally screamed at me and threatened me with... I don't even remember, rofl, if I was ever in a game he and his buddy ran again. Real class act this one. First joke I'd even made, FFS. Whatever, I don't want to ever be in another game with these two anyway, they're jerks and really not as good as they think they are. Still throws me off so I end up while everyone is hanging around afterwards gravitating towards the one guy I know well and the couple of guys I sort of know. I'm drunk, stupid things seem like a good idea, so I'm hugging everyone and falling over and generally being clingy because I'm out of it and depressed and I need to not be alone. Throughout this he didn't ever bother to say anything was bothering him and nobody else who was there ever is able to tell me anything horrible I did. The last thing we discuss before I go to my hotel room for the night is possibly meeting up again the next day to do something.

So I'm drunk and goofy and remember him being down about relationship **** in general so I end up drunktweeting that he's hot and I'd bang him. The kind of **** he's been OK with in the past from people. I was feeling better from talking and it made sense at the time. Not a shining moment of good thought and not really something I'm proud of, but.

So whatever, I've had drunk friends hit on me in person before, nevermind drunktweets. He knew damn well from what I'd told him in the past that I didn't actually have any interest in him romantically.

Well the next day I wake up, do the usual 'wtf did I do last night, oh god did I actually tweet that? ROFL, let's delete that and apologize. Except he'd blocked me on Twitter and everywhere else. I figure, OK, ****, did I do something last night I don't remember like grab his crotch or something? (According to other people who were there, no.) I write a lengthy email apologizing for being derp because I figure I must have offended him or something. I get a reply a couple of hours later that would have fit in a tweet that 'several lines were crossed last night, even before you tweeted all of that stuff'(To this day I still have no idea what he meant), and he's severing contact completely. Nobody else except his jerkfriends who talked him into that being the appropriate response has ever understood WTF either. He never indicated anything was making him uncomfortable. I don't know, if the drunk chick is being too friendly, maybe SAY SOMETHING. I'm iffy at social cues sober, he knows this. -_-;

So, I'm pretty devastated and have no idea what the hell. So I notify the other players that something happened because this is relevant.

I'm in a dark place to begin with, recall, so this pretty much completely shatters me, I blame myself completely, and I pretty much have a complete mental breakdown of Depression-fueled self-loathing that sees me in and out of psych wards for months. Except I tell the doctors and nurses at the hospitals what's happened and what my trigger was, emphasizing and exaggerating my role in things and taking the blame entirely on myself... And everyone keeps being like 'Actually no that guy is kind of a prick', but I'm too deep into depressive self-hate to believe them. After a couple of weeks, another friend from the game who's been distant as hell reveals why: In a message DM guy sent to the others he was apparently 'not giving details in case he had to take legal action'. Which sent me further off the deep end, because what the actual ****?

A couple more weeks pass and finally one night I decide that's it, write an email to the guy fueled by full-on depressive insanity that I can't live with the guilt anymore, but not to worry, I'm taking care of it, mention what got passed along from the mutual friend, etc. Get dressed to go find a bridge, he messages me on AIM and we have a brief conversation in which he admits he overreacted and the legal action comment was stupid and made because he wasn't sure how I was going to react(How did you THINK someone you knew was already basically suicidal before was going to react to you suddenly severing contact with no explanation was going to react? Seriously?) and blah blah we'll talk about this later I have to go to work just please don't do anything stupid. OK, fine, that pulls me back enough. Maybe we can work this out! A couple of days later he finally emails me that he talked to a couple of friends whose advice he trusts(Take a wild guess which couple, yeah, the ones who hate me, sure they aren't biased at all) and he's decided it's best if we stay out of contact because he doesn't want to have to feel like he's walking on eggshells because anything might set me off. (No, 'anything' doesn't set me off, people suddenly hauling off and going off the deep end with no explanation or warning do.)

Oh, while he acknowledged the legal action slander to our mutual friends as stupid, he never actually apologized for it or bothered to explain it to them. Most of them I haven't talked to since then. Whatever.

Anyway, cue another depressive period and more in and out of hospitals. But now stuff is starting to get through. I'm back on meds and I'm not as wracked by guilt, just sadness and what I eventually realize is anger. He doesn't say anything when things are bothering him because he's 'non-confrontational' and just sits on it until he snaps. Yeah wow that's even more unhealthy than my tendency to wear my heart on my sleeve and say exactly how I feel.

Eventually I spent so much time in hospital that I couldn't afford my rent because I wasn't at work enough and ended up homeless in my car. It was the middle of winter and I got horrible cellulitis from sleeping with my shoes and socks on because it was too cold not to and wound up back in the hospital for that a couple of times because it was so bad. I ended up quitting my job and moving back in with my dad. That was a year and a half ago and I haven't gotten quite back on my feet yet, but I have gotten a lot more stable and eventually come to realize what everyone who was actually my friend and the doctors were telling me was right, that guy was a passive-aggressive jerk and I'm a lot better off without him in my life, and I have a lot more confidence in myself now. Did I do something dumb? Sure. But he's the one who threw me away as a knee-jerk reaction and trashed me to our mutual friends and was generally a **** about the whole thing. Oh well. I still talk to a couple of the people from that game. They don't talk to him. Hmm. I wonder why.

Now I'm a lot better and so much happier without trying to keep things working with someone who was complete toxic sludge. Sometimes it just isn't worth the effort to try. Good riddance!

Edit: Spoiler does a different thing here than it does on the other forum I use that has a spoiler tag. Whoops.
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 August 2015, 03:42:04 by Nai_Calus »
- IBM 4704 Model F 107-key "Bertha"
Other boards: Kinesis Essential, Infinity(G.Clears), Ergodox(MX Blues), Monoprice 9433

Eternally searching for Celestial Blue BS V2 and blue/purple Bros.

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 07:58:07 »
Awesome of you to do the giveaway you said you'd do! 

I already have a Toxic and some of these entries are just too great so i just wanted to leave the above message.
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 08:46:25 »

Now it's confirmed you are me.

I got a lot of things that would be toxic, but not really looking up :[
We can talk about anything, just pm me :)

Offline skycrimes

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 10:00:47 »

Not sure if this qualifies as "toxic" but definitely some negative feelings that were never explained till it was almost too late.

TL:DR - Dad thought I hated him before he passed, turns out we viewed what it means to love someone in a different way.

So I'm the youngest child and so when it came to raising me, things were done a little bit different. This lead to me being a lot more independent as a lot of things I did growing up were my decision (I wasn't forced to play piano, I got to choose). So, I began to view things differently than my siblings. My dad while growing up was always trying to do things with me and as a kid it looked like he was always "trying too hard" to the point that it would get annoying. I began distancing myself from him and getting closer to my mom who wasn't as pushy. My dad also began distancing himself from me and overall our relationship just got really weird.

Fast forward to a few years ago, my dad got really sick with terminal cancer. One day I found out from my mom that my dad was worried he would die without his son (me) ever having loved him. I was super confused and actually got pretty angry/annoyed. What father would think their son hates them? My mom said "well, you never say I love you". Everything made sense after that. My dad was used to my other siblings always hugging him and saying I love you and my dad who didn't get that same treatment from his parents made it his goal to constantly say "I love you to his kids". I told my dad that I never felt the need to say those things because I felt my actions said that. I explained that I patterned my life after him to show that he was a major influence (i'm following his career path, I studied things he liked, played the sports he liked). So for the majority of my life my dad was unsure I loved him and that caused some occasional bitter feelings or distancing. I don't blame him and I know he doesn't blame me, it just ended up being a lack of communication.

So from that experience I've learned to never assume and to especially never assume that people know whats going on in your head, sometimes you have to explain yourself even if it seems so obvious.

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #28 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 14:46:21 »
My at the time girlfriend and I used to live with a coke dealer and we all worked at a tanning salon (great job :))) Both did a ton of blow (smoked weed and ate adderall as well) and sold to everyone that work at the tanning salon and to some of the customers as well. One weekend while the dealers girlfriend was out of town my girlfriend and I got into an argument. I left to go hang out with some friends and came back to my girlfriend cheating on me with the dealer, confronted them and left it at that. The next morning I came to the realization that I do not need toxic people or things (drugs) in my life, called my other good friends and parents to come get my **** from the apartment  we were living in and they all moved me back to my parents house. Where I lived for the next few months.

I defiantly get addicted to things easily and would have not had a problem doing coke until I died. Leaving the apartment was one of the best things that happened to me and very well could have saved my life. Still regardless of the cheating it was still a very hard thing to do, just dropping everything because I realize I was being a dumb **** living with a coke dealer among the other toxic things in that situation.

So happy I left

• Formerly temence
  • life marrow suckerer
« Reply #29 on: Mon, 31 August 2015, 12:16:01 »

That might be today depending on your location! :D let us know :3 Congrats, too.
Home: Kishsaver - IBM 6019284/F62 | Work: HHKB Professional 2 Silenced | Temporary Retirement:
More

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #30 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 08:59:02 »
Having a little girl! 

Also going to put all the names into a list, assign a number, and random for the winner. I can't pick a best story really, it wouldn't be fair. I'll try to get a winner declared later tonight around 10-11pm EST so there is still time to enter if you would like.

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #31 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 09:28:08 »
Having a little girl! 

Also going to put all the names into a list, assign a number, and random for the winner. I can't pick a best story really, it wouldn't be fair. I'll try to get a winner declared later tonight around 10-11pm EST so there is still time to enter if you would like.

Congrats!

Thanks again for doing this by the way!

Offline skycrimes

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #32 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 10:06:54 »
Having a little girl! 

grats! thanks for this giveaway, even if you don't win it's still a good chance to get something off your chest  :thumb:

• Formerly temence
  • life marrow suckerer
« Reply #33 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 11:14:55 »
Having a little girl! 

Congratsss! Really happy for you :)
More

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #34 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 12:00:46 »
Having a little girl! 

Congrats buddy (coming from the Father of 2 girls  :thumb: )

Offline 3K

« Reply #35 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 12:39:30 »
Having a little girl! 

When you posted the thread I thought about what I could contribute. I even wrote some little text about myself, but after reading other peoples stories I decided not to post it, because it might sound like a complaint only - in comparison to others in here my life has been a piece of cake most of the time.

I just wanted to say whatever negative, toxic thoughts our minds might create, may them be caused by other people, by illness or by other circumstances of our live - all of them can be changed to the opposite, giving us strength and hope.

This probably does sound very abstract and not too helpful so I will give an example.

Vincent van Gogh, famous artist, had a long list of mental health problems (well, nowadays he would have), even causing him to cut off his ear. (might have heard about it) Being flooded by negative thoughts he used painting to balance his life, his mind. Like him, everyone can find his own 'balance', like art, music, sports, whatever. (would be art and sports in my case) My theory is - many minds, accomplishing great pieces of art, are just as sick as successful.

And to bring this to an end I include a Van Gogh I like. His pictures got some kind of calming aura, don't you think?

Also no need include me in the raffle. You posting about this giveaway ending might be the condition, but not the cause of me typing this.

Model M '88    | Model M SSK '87 | HHKB P2  | Zowie FK1

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #36 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 13:51:14 »
Not entering because I'm mostly done with Bros but thanks for the giveaway!

Now time to share.

Cause of the toxicity: An injury to my frontal lobe that caused me to not be able to express or understand emotion for about 8-10 weeks and the recovery process from it
Cause of injury: Fall after a day of rock climbing (it's been talked about before but I'm not sure where so here's a link if you want some deets
More

More
How it all worked out to be an experience I'm glad I've had. Not sure how many people here can identify with having no emotion so I'll try to put it like this. Picture being in a hospital bed after already being in 3 other hospitals over the course of the past 5 weeks. All you know is you ****ed your brain and broke your leg. It hurts to walk and you always feel tired but sleeping is hard because you can't get comfy. I still knew who I was and remembered everything from before the fall. Then picture seeing your Aunt walk in crying (Icy, she's always been like a second mom to me because she never had kids) it's the first time she's seen you and she's just glad you're alive but when you see her you feel nothing. Not happy, not sad, just neutral. Everything was either yes or no, black or white, there was no middle ground I was cold to everyone and never smiled. During this early step I still felt "normal" I didn't realize I wasn't understanding or expressing emotion. A few days later I got home and finally started to feel something but the only emotions I was feeling were anger and sadness. Every conversation started feeling heated and I'd blame the other person then blame myself and feel ****ty. Every day I just flipped back and forth between neutral, sad, and pissed off. My parents jokingly refer to this as the PFDB state (post fall douche bag). The hard part for me was understanding that my brain was still injured and the other emotions would come back, until I realized this I just felt like my life was falling apart. I almost woke up a different person ever day. As soon as I accepted that my brain would be different than it was before I was able to calm myself down and start piecing things back together. Over the next 2 months my emotions came back slowly and I worked very hard to make sure I didn't fall back into the dark place I was in. What it showed me and what I believe is that every situation is what you make it. If you tell yourself you fell ****ty then you'll fell ****ty but if you start a situation with a positive attitude and some good vibes you can easily make the best of a bad situation. I realized that you control your body and how you feel, brains are complex but if you practice calming yourself down and almost meditating you can begin to control yours, figure out what's important to you, and give yourself a much happier life. After the entire experience I'm a much more open, extroverted, and in touch with my emotions. Might sound like some hippie crap but I assure you it's real. Sure I lost a semester of school but overall I think I'll live a happier more fulfilling life because of it. I enjoy the little things more now. The brief moment where you exhale not thinking about anything and for a split second everything feel perfect. If I wasn't so young (19) I don't know if this would've affected me the same way but I was already trying to figure out myself and my life out so I guess this may have accelerated it.

Bonus picture of Icy and I
110051-0

TL:DR I know myself and my brain better and I think I'll live a happier more fulfilling life because of my experience.

I just wrote this all out and didn't read it so sorry if it doesn't make sense, I've been told I structure things weirdly.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #37 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 16:58:22 »
Having a little girl! 

congrats! Still young but I'm hoping for a girl when the time comes  :thumb:

Offline crovax3000

« Reply #38 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 19:24:59 »
I was trying to think of a story for a couple days, and after coming up with nothing, I realized that I'm probably in the middle of one.

Without getting into too much detail, I work a terrible job with gang members and that type of person. Basically every day of the week, I go to work and do battle for 10 hours. It's pretty stressful, and has just been getting worse. Last week, though, I found out the company I work for is being bought out by a bigger company, and with it is coming better pay, stricter rules, and I just found out that they'll help pay for schooling, so I'll be able to finish that off. On top of it all, I met a girl that works at one of the offices that I've been talking to.

I guess the good/redeeming part is yet to come, but it's coming. And if not, I think the experience here would be very helpful down the line.

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #39 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 11:13:08 »
Having a little girl! 

Congrats on the baby girl!

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
« Reply #40 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 01:56:29 »
Thanks for all the stories guys, reading about other people's positive outcomes give me a lot of hope for the next few years of my life.  I've already told my story, and I'm sure there are people who appreciated it as much as I appreciated all of yours.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #41 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 02:03:17 »
I have not forgotten about this, just been busy with IRL stuff. I should be able to random a winner or two on Monday.

• Formerly temence
  • life marrow suckerer
« Reply #42 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 02:14:50 »
I have not forgotten about this, just been busy with IRL stuff. I should be able to random a winner or two on Monday.
Take your time! You've got a baby on the way, we understand :)

...to random a winner or two on Monday.
Or two? :O
More

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
« Reply #43 on: Sun, 13 September 2015, 11:44:09 »
Any update on this?

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #44 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 15:14:42 »
Soulhunter and Trees are the two chosen at random. I decided to add in a Pink stump from the galactic sale. Soulhunter gets the Toxic Bro and Trees gets the Pink Stump. Unless they want to swap who gets what. I'll be sending them both messages right now.

Sorry this took so long. Today is literally the first day I've looked at anything geekhack in I think over a month, maybe two. All sorts of real life stuff has made me put this hobby on the back burner in a big way.