Author Topic: [GB] MW Heresy 💀  (Read 226494 times)

Offline DaaDaa

Re: [GB] MW Heresy 💀
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 13 October 2022, 17:51:45 »
No, I meant ‘me’
piggy60 red upgraded PVD w/ GMK umka zaku | tiramisuit w/ GMK noire JWK silk emerald | mr.suit black/chrome glossy chamfers w/ GMK minimal cow POM stem | jelly epoch w/ SA oblivion zaku | mode80 deco w/ gmk boneyard alpaca | mode 80 imperial with ePBT origami alpaca| MODE80 viridian /w CRP boba LT | RAMA thermal kuro w/ GMK muted 2 pewter | BBox60 C64 wih marshmellows and c64 keycaps | MODE Sonnet green /w MW voynich gateron ink box pink

Offline Afresh

« Reply #51 on: Tue, 22 November 2022, 09:45:45 »
Update: Corrected Heresy will ship from MW to vendors this week.

Offline seyr

« Reply #52 on: Thu, 09 February 2023, 12:43:20 »
any further updates? this was months ago but I haven't had any notice from my vendor (MECHS&CO) that this has shipped

Offline DaaDaa

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 09 February 2023, 14:39:01 »
any further updates? this was months ago but I haven't had any notice from my vendor (MECHS&CO) that this has shipped

a few days back mechsandco announced that MW had to remake them for a 3rd time and so they are in production again. no shipment date but i woudnt expect them at least for another month. i am also in the gb from mechsandco.
piggy60 red upgraded PVD w/ GMK umka zaku | tiramisuit w/ GMK noire JWK silk emerald | mr.suit black/chrome glossy chamfers w/ GMK minimal cow POM stem | jelly epoch w/ SA oblivion zaku | mode80 deco w/ gmk boneyard alpaca | mode 80 imperial with ePBT origami alpaca| MODE80 viridian /w CRP boba LT | RAMA thermal kuro w/ GMK muted 2 pewter | BBox60 C64 wih marshmellows and c64 keycaps | MODE Sonnet green /w MW voynich gateron ink box pink

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #54 on: Tue, 14 February 2023, 17:56:51 »
I feel like it'd be counterproductive, but I'm still gonna say a prayer this set doesn't get sucked up in the MW wormhole.
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.
"Ask your mother how good I can use more than two fingers." - Caesar, 2023

Offline Afresh

« Reply #55 on: Fri, 03 March 2023, 16:12:34 »
Update: Milkyway said they are confident that they'll be able to deliver MW Heresy in March

Offline jivex5k

« Reply #56 on: Sat, 01 April 2023, 17:38:11 »
march you say?

Offline DaaDaa

« Reply #57 on: Sun, 02 April 2023, 01:20:42 »
Lol

Offline Afresh

« Reply #58 on: Mon, 03 April 2023, 01:06:19 »
Lol
Heresy is looking like a close early April.

Photos from MW discord server.

Offline thesky

« Reply #59 on: Tue, 11 April 2023, 12:45:56 »
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image

Thank you for your commitment to quality! I'm looking forward to these!

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #60 on: Tue, 11 April 2023, 12:59:01 »
Lol
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image

Hey look at that, my prayers are answered :D
Thanks Jesus!
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.

Offline Rumblethumps

« Reply #61 on: Wed, 07 June 2023, 16:30:24 »
Hate to be That Guy, but any updates? The last update in April made it seem like everything was pretty much ready to go, but that was two months ago now.

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #62 on: Wed, 07 June 2023, 17:39:57 »
Hate to be That Guy, but any updates? The last update in April made it seem like everything was pretty much ready to go, but that was two months ago now.

From Milkyway official discord:

"sexteen year old girls are still hand inspecting quality of keycap stay tune"

Offline Afresh

« Reply #63 on: Thu, 08 June 2023, 03:32:04 »

Unfortunately, the set was ready to ship but wasn't because vendors didn't pay invoices (for other MW sets). It will be sent to all vendors this week. That's the update I got two days ago.

Offline Afresh

« Reply #64 on: Tue, 18 July 2023, 03:50:48 »
Heresy White on Black is now in stock on lykkostudio.com

Offline Afresh

« Reply #65 on: Tue, 25 July 2023, 10:17:39 »
Despite the efforts and initially positive interactions with Mechs & Co regarding getting GMK Terror Below, GMK Art, and MW Heresy sets shipped out, communication has stopped. At this moment there's nothing more we can do about it. We would like to thank everyone for their support and patience.

Offline ELE.WORKS

« Reply #66 on: Tue, 25 July 2023, 10:44:23 »
no money to pay :(

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #67 on: Tue, 25 July 2023, 15:46:13 »
You know I'm starting to realize me not having the money for a lot of these sets was not fate punishing me or the consequences of my actions, but a blessing in disguise.

Offline Rumblethumps

« Reply #68 on: Wed, 26 July 2023, 16:23:04 »
Welp. I had a sinking feeling after the radio silence since April.  :(

Any word on the sets pictured in the photos, then? Or will they just rot in a warehouse forever? (If they ever even actually existed?)

Offline Afresh

« Reply #69 on: Wed, 26 July 2023, 16:30:22 »

Any word on the sets pictured in the photos, then? Or will they just rot in a warehouse forever? (If they ever even actually existed?)

For the US unfortunately there's no way to know what will happen exactly. The rest of the vendors are waiting for sets to be delivered. The set pictured in the photo above is the batch that I ordered for my shop. I'm selling WoB Heresy in stock right now on lykkostudio.com

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #70 on: Thu, 27 July 2023, 16:44:58 »

For the US unfortunately there's no way to know what will happen exactly. The rest of the vendors are waiting for sets to be delivered. The set pictured in the photo above is the batch that I ordered for my shop. I'm selling WoB Heresy in stock right now on lykkostudio.com
I know this is wicked early but any future thoughts of running this again with a US vendor that hopefully won't implode?

Offline Afresh

« Reply #71 on: Fri, 28 July 2023, 02:04:41 »

I know this is wicked early but any future thoughts of running this again with a US vendor that hopefully won't implode?
Yes but:
-not right away, maybe later in 2024
-in stock
« Last Edit: Fri, 28 July 2023, 02:22:39 by Afresh »

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #72 on: Fri, 28 July 2023, 13:27:24 »
That’s all I needed to hear :) . It’s a great looking set, just a shame circumstance reared its ugly head. Best of luck!

Offline Rumblethumps

« Reply #73 on: Fri, 28 July 2023, 15:34:22 »
This is my first GB I've participated in that's gone south, so I'm a little lost on what to do. What happens to those of us who ordered through Mechs & Co? Should I request a chargeback from my bank (if they can) and wait for the possible in stock run, or am I just screwed?  :confused:

Offline Afresh

« Reply #74 on: Fri, 28 July 2023, 16:05:39 »
This is my first GB I've participated in that's gone south, so I'm a little lost on what to do. What happens to those of us who ordered through Mechs & Co? Should I request a chargeback from my bank (if they can) and wait for the possible in stock run, or am I just screwed?  :confused:

If you can get a chargeback, try to reach out to your bank about it. There might be a solution in sight but I can't promise anything. I'm working on it but there's only so much I can do.

Offline oestrogen8r

• I SERVED 2 TOURS OF DUTY IN THE LEMURIAN TIME WAR
« Reply #75 on: Sun, 10 September 2023, 21:01:31 »
My Heresies have arrived! (Thanks SwitchKeys)

As for build quality, it seems like a lot of the red caps have really scuffed corners for some reason (I tried rinsing them - it's not just dust) and the dye-sub sometimes looks a little funny around the edges but I don't even care because I'm just so happy to have the set.

I'd be really excited if you could consider adding even more novelties when you run an R2 ;-)

Offline Bluto

« Reply #76 on: Thu, 14 September 2023, 20:49:37 »
<3 <3 <3

Do you know which, if any, vendors have extras pls?

Offline Afresh

« Reply #77 on: Fri, 15 September 2023, 04:16:05 »
<3 <3 <3

At the moment I believe Kibou (RoB), Maxgaming (RoB) and Lykko Studio (WoB).

Offline vhaarr

« Reply #78 on: Fri, 15 September 2023, 10:50:46 »
"For B-Stock base kit, it is the groupbuy (old) batch unit." it says on store page.

What does this mean? There is no information in this thread about B-stock.
Let the Holy Handgrenades rain.
Hammering on an old Happy Hacking Pro 2. Still going strong!

Offline filefish

« Reply #79 on: Fri, 15 September 2023, 11:19:11 »
"For B-Stock base kit, it is the groupbuy (old) batch unit." it says on store page.

What does this mean? There is no information in this thread about B-stock.

You can see some examples in this IG post:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CsmNqBBvrWz/?img_index=4

Mechs & Co had a page up explaining it, but it disappeared when they took their site down. They're basically very hazy and filmy.

Offline Afresh

« Reply #80 on: Sat, 16 September 2023, 02:58:38 »
It depends on a kit sadly, a lot of people got their basekits and they were able to wash it off and it looks good. WoB doesn't suffer from these issues.

Offline SwitchKeys

• SwitchKeys
« Reply #81 on: Sat, 16 September 2023, 18:40:30 »
<3 <3 <3

At the moment I believe Kibou (RoB), Maxgaming (RoB) and Lykko Studio (WoB).

Plenty with us too at www.switchkeys.com.au

Offline lovebee.co

« Reply #82 on: Wed, 18 October 2023, 20:53:18 »
Yes but:
-not right away, maybe later in 2024
-in stock
coming here to say I will definitely take part in R2. I unfortunately got screwed out of 2 GMK sets and Heresy (all with child kits… some artisans, desk mats, switches I’m just SOL) from M&C with no hopes of chargeback despite arguing with my bank. plus the direct from MW sets sold out before I even knew about them which maybe means people took advantage of the discount who weren’t affected? not sure. definitely prefer the way NovelKeys handled the GMK sets in terms of requiring proof of purchase.

anyway. I appreciate you pursuing in stock for the future… I am done with GBs. lol. thanks for the awesome design and hope to hear about R2 in 2024 :^)

Offline Ranker2

« Reply #83 on: Wed, 18 October 2023, 22:49:48 »
Was the Thok ever made?  Also will we be able to get the desk mats for Stained Glass or In Flames at any other vendor besides Switchkeys which is sold out?

Offline Afresh

« Reply #84 on: Thu, 19 October 2023, 12:01:51 »
Was the Thok ever made?  Also will we be able to get the desk mats for Stained Glass or In Flames at any other vendor besides Switchkeys which is sold out?

Yes, afaik THOK was mad (I have 2 of them). I'm planning on restocking these deskmats at some point in the future.

Offline Ranker2

« Reply #85 on: Sun, 22 October 2023, 10:55:22 »
Please do, they're too unique and pretty to not have!

Offline lofi_network

« Reply #86 on: Tue, 07 November 2023, 12:05:37 »
Is there any way to get our hands on church deskmats or the THOK artisan if we ordered from M&C?

Offline 12voltgoalie

« Reply #87 on: Tue, 07 November 2023, 18:54:06 »
I missed out on the church deskmat

totally keeping an eye on this thread for r2
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 November 2023, 18:55:51 by 12voltgoalie »

Offline Ranker2

« Reply #88 on: Tue, 07 November 2023, 20:35:02 »
Would like to be able to purchase the Thok and Desk Mats.  Great set that's missing the finishings for those of us who got screwed by Mechs&Co

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #89 on: Tue, 14 November 2023, 12:55:27 »
If you purchased Hersey and did not chargeback, please fill out this google form here. NovelKeys has received these sets and will fulfill for impacted customers for the cost of shipping.

Heresy: https://forms.gle/psospjQ1ZnMtA8eN8

Offline ABlazinBlueToe

« Reply #90 on: Tue, 14 November 2023, 13:13:23 »
If you purchased Hersey and did not chargeback, please fill out this google form here. NovelKeys has received these sets and will fulfill for impacted customers for the cost of shipping.

You guys are the best!

Offline Rumblethumps

« Reply #91 on: Tue, 14 November 2023, 20:41:25 »

You guys are the best. I didn't bother doing a chargeback since it had been so long, and I'm sure many others were in the same boat. I had lost hope, but now there's light at the end of this mechs&co tunnel!

Offline lofi_network

« Reply #92 on: Thu, 14 December 2023, 17:11:18 »
While I appreciate NK stepping in here (truly, I do), it would have been cool to give ppl more time to see this and sign up for the discounted sets. I didn't see this in time and now my only options are to pay more than gb price for units I already paid for :-/  It's my understanding that M&C actually did pay the invoice for these, so it's slightly different than other scenarios where NK has had to take on the debt of the entire invoice to make this happen. I wish there were more flexibility here, it sucks to feel like I lost out twice on the same GB and that the things I bought (and M&C, in turn paid for) are being sold for more money to other people.

I want to reiterate that I very much appreciate NK stepping in here and being such a stand up vendor in the community, just bummed out at losing out again on this one.

Offline foobar4567

« Reply #93 on: Sat, 23 December 2023, 12:55:28 »
Question regarding the deskmats: do you have any idea when you will roll a second batch of them?
Are they actually usable? Meaning: If I glide over the artwork with my mouse, will I feel resistance/slow down?

Offline vhaarr

« Reply #94 on: Sun, 24 December 2023, 01:39:29 »
Question regarding the deskmats: do you have any idea when you will roll a second batch of them?
Are they actually usable? Meaning: If I glide over the artwork with my mouse, will I feel resistance/slow down?

All deskmats that originate in the custom keyboard enthusiast community are usable and the images are printed in the fabric - it's never embossed or pad printed for example. I believe sublimation printing is still the normal technique, which means the paint turns into a gas and is embedded into the fabric itself.

I've never heard that question before, and I see this is your first post on geekhack so I presume this is a problem that comes from weird deskmats/mousepads in normie gaming stores/webshops?
Let the Holy Handgrenades rain.
Hammering on an old Happy Hacking Pro 2. Still going strong!

Offline foobar4567

« Reply #95 on: Mon, 25 December 2023, 02:26:39 »
The question comes from having no information on the material or process.
I was not aware of the fact that *every* deskmat in the enthusiast community is created the same way.

Thank you for the information though.