Author Topic: [IC] GMK Modern Dolch 2 - GB live, join at GMKModo.com  (Read 82923 times)

Offline noorejji

Re: [IC] GMK Modern Dolch 2 - GB Launching June 3rd
« Reply #150 on: Thu, 21 May 2020, 11:51:47 »
how much would the base kit cost?
About $100 I believe ($140 minus 30% was previously stated by OP).

Offline JJ

« Reply #151 on: Thu, 21 May 2020, 12:57:08 »
damn that's good price if that's true

Sent from my SM-G9600 using Tapatalk

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #152 on: Sat, 23 May 2020, 15:23:09 »
Some kit improvements!

Renamed Clout kit to Mist, Clout was probably a bit "5 am" brain on my part. It originated from some internal joke but that obviously didn't come through, Mist sounds nicer and more professional :) Also added a second b per suggestion of udler so you can use it on Alice layouts when combined with Obscure.

Removed the alternative ISO UK keys and added a R3 pipe for ISO-US support per suggestion of depletedvespene. Also added 1.25u and 1.5u Alt Gr keys, 1.25u Shift and the full 3 ISO keys. This means that users of Norde layouts won't need to purchase Addition, should make it a good bit cheaper! Do note though that kit price will go up compared to MDL for this since the previous kits were already sold at cost.

« Last Edit: Sat, 23 May 2020, 15:25:27 by janglad »

Offline ackzot

« Reply #153 on: Sat, 23 May 2020, 16:55:43 »
This means that users of Norde layouts won't need to purchase Addition, should make it a good bit cheaper! Do note though that kit price will go up compared to MDL for this since the previous kits were already sold at cost.

that's a pretty interesting tidbit. anyways, always cool to see feedback incorporated.

Offline scoopbb

« Reply #154 on: Sat, 23 May 2020, 17:05:31 »
i doubt ill convince you but it would be pretty rad to do accents like taro r2 did in the 40s kit

same number of accents but allows for nicer look than just escapes.

Offline Hell-es

« Reply #155 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 01:47:02 »
Thanks for the change in norde - waiting for prices to decide  :thumb:

Offline Rohwi

« Reply #156 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 15:00:35 »
Some kit improvements!

[...]

Removed the alternative ISO UK keys and added a R3 pipe for ISO-US support per suggestion of depletedvespene. Also added 1.25u and 1.5u Alt Gr keys, 1.25u Shift and the full 3 ISO keys. This means that users of Norde layouts won't need to purchase Addition, should make it a good bit cheaper! Do note though that kit price will go up compared to MDL for this since the previous kits were already sold at cost.

Show Image

As a previous Base-Add-Norde Buyer, I really like this change. Thank you!

That also opens the consideration of the Alternate kit.
« Last Edit: Sun, 24 May 2020, 15:04:01 by Rohwi »

Offline Bl4ck

« Reply #157 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 15:22:03 »
In for a Base, Modern and Alternate, and Addition for ISO I guess

Offline KMPLSV

« Reply #158 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 03:35:20 »
any idea yet how long this GB will run? i know it was mentioned that it will be a "short run" but i'm curious about specifics.

Offline rondg

« Reply #159 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 04:49:00 »
Will there be RAMA artisans?

Offline FireLock

« Reply #160 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 07:50:30 »
Woohoo! Base+alternate and Norde it is !

Skickat från min SM-G960F via Tapatalk

Offline loof

« Reply #161 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 10:06:58 »
The ISO-US layout is exactly what I needed. I'm planning a new build and wanted to try US layout but wanted to have the possibility to change back to my ISO-CH layout if I don't feel confortable on US layout :-)

Offline Guardianista

« Reply #162 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 14:04:43 »
Great set, definitely a must buy for me! I do have a hang up, though; considering that I use a UK ISO format, and I'm going to go all in on purchasing the Base with the Addition, Aesthetic and Modern kits, it's a little annoying that I would have to purchase the Norde set as well just for the addition of the ISO number 4 key cap (split dollar & symbol format). Is there any way that this single keycap could be included in the Addition set? I don't object to paying more for this one key, and as a completionist it would bug me if I didn't get it... Please advise!

Offline VXQN

« Reply #163 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 04:59:03 »
Great set, definitely a must buy for me! I do have a hang up, though; considering that I use a UK ISO format, and I'm going to go all in on purchasing the Base with the Addition, Aesthetic and Modern kits, it's a little annoying that I would have to purchase the Norde set as well just for the addition of the ISO number 4 key cap (split dollar & symbol format). Is there any way that this single keycap could be included in the Addition set? I don't object to paying more for this one key, and as a completionist it would bug me if I didn't get it... Please advise!

I'm from the UK and have never really seen the cap you describe on a keyboard in the UK. But, I just did a cursory search online and it turns out it's a lot more common than I realised! There's a Brexit joke in there somewhere...

Offline hkhawk

« Reply #164 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 05:17:58 »
Hey!

Render gallery

Bauer by Dixiemech

Show Image

Show Image

Which kit includes the dark gray "X" key shown in the top right of these renders? I don't see it anywhere.

Offline alper_maestro

« Reply #165 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 05:20:40 »
Hey!

Render gallery

Bauer by Dixiemech

Show Image

Show Image

Which kit includes the dark gray "X" key shown in the top right of these renders? I don't see it anywhere.

None of them  ^-^

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #166 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 08:18:00 »
Hey!

Render gallery

Bauer by Dixiemech

Show Image

Show Image

None of them  ^-^

Ooh wow, I definitely should have noticed this. I made that scene for the IG teasers some months ago and didn't think about it any more. Thanks for pointing that out!

Offline Rohwi

« Reply #167 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 08:27:26 »
Ooh wow, I definitely should have noticed this. I made that scene for the IG teasers some months ago and didn't think about it any more. Thanks for pointing that out!

I had the small hope that the picture of the base kit wasn't up to date and it would eventually be in the kit.

Any chance that the dark grex X makes it into the base kit?

Offline wil

« Reply #168 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 09:23:16 »
would make much more sense to put it into alternate if it was forgotten. i think a lot of f13 folks would be upset if that got prioritized instead.

Offline Bl4ck

« Reply #169 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 09:55:28 »
Do you have any plans to run MoDo in KAT profile or any of the PBT cherry ones?

Offline Guardianista

« Reply #170 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 13:44:17 »

I'm from the UK and have never really seen the cap you describe on a keyboard in the UK. But, I just did a cursory search online and it turns out it's a lot more common than I realised! There's a Brexit joke in there somewhere...

Yeah, same actually; it's only when you're looking to build a ISO UK format, or are stuck with an ISO board that you notice these particularities. So I don't think it's intentional of the retailer, but it would be nice to not have to buy both the Norde and Addition kits to get a full UK ISO (with six enter keys!?). Slightly off topic, but isn't it funny that in order to build a 'complete' Brexit board I need to buy the Norde kit? You must draw your own conclusions...

Offline Blvck.-

« Reply #171 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 14:41:59 »
Is there gonna be a X key like this render? I see in the alternate kit it's inverted colorway.

Offline Hell-es

« Reply #172 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 14:48:48 »
Is there gonna be a X key like this render? I see in the alternate kit it's inverted colorway.

Show Image

please scroll up ~5 posts

Offline andtar2

« Reply #173 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 15:01:16 »

Yeah, same actually; it's only when you're looking to build a ISO UK format, or are stuck with an ISO board that you notice these particularities. So I don't think it's intentional of the retailer, but it would be nice to not have to buy both the Norde and Addition kits to get a full UK ISO (with six enter keys!?). Slightly off topic, but isn't it funny that in order to build a 'complete' Brexit board I need to buy the Norde kit? You must draw your own conclusions...

Which "4"-key are you exactly looking for? Base kit has the "4 $" key used in UK-ISO layout. Norde kit has only the "4 ¤ $" key for SE/FI/NO/DK

Offline Scriba

« Reply #174 on: Thu, 28 May 2020, 01:17:59 »

I had the small hope that the picture of the base kit wasn't up to date and it would eventually be in the kit.

+1 for basekit, would be sick. I don't buy an alternate kit only because of the X (it's the only one I'm interested in).

Offline Blvck.-

« Reply #175 on: Thu, 28 May 2020, 14:51:26 »

Show Image

That's kinda lame I was looking forward to it.

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
« Reply #176 on: Fri, 29 May 2020, 11:55:45 »

Which "4"-key are you exactly looking for? Base kit has the "4 $" key used in UK-ISO layout. Norde kit has only the "4 ¤ $" key for SE/FI/NO/DK

I think he means the 4$€ keycap which WAS in the initial Norde kit but was removed from it (along with `¬¦ ).

Offline Fluxodin

« Reply #177 on: Sun, 31 May 2020, 02:22:14 »
Sweet, and the alt set looks awesome. Also, janglad please tell me Dharma is still a thing or did I miss something  :'( I’ll buy the Numpad kit if only to hold out hope!

Offline Bl4ck

« Reply #178 on: Sun, 31 May 2020, 07:21:41 »
Could you include spacebars in that light grey accented color in the alternate kit?

Offline Pepsi KB

« Reply #179 on: Sun, 31 May 2020, 15:03:35 »
This keyset looks so clean. Might join in on this GB when pre-orders are up and get this as my first GMK set! This set would go perfectly with my black tofu case.  :D

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #180 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 10:28:13 »
Hey!

Render gallery

Bauer by Dixiemech

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Added it to the Alternate kit ;)

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #181 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 10:29:02 »
Sweet, and the alt set looks awesome. Also, janglad please tell me Dharma is still a thing or did I miss something  :'( I’ll buy the Numpad kit if only to hold out hope!

We just submitted the (hopefully) last round of prototypes, I hope I can share more info soon!

Offline Hell-es

« Reply #182 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 11:11:23 »
Any pricing yet?

Is there more info about Bauer X?

Offline FireLock

« Reply #183 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 11:24:42 »
A grey white spacebar would be so nice to have, any reason to not include it?

Skickat från min SM-G960F via Tapatalk

Offline hkhawk

« Reply #184 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 12:04:25 »
Hey!

Render gallery

Bauer by Dixiemech

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Added it to the Alternate kit ;)

Awesome, thanks!

Offline Fluxodin

« Reply #185 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 12:51:17 »

We just submitted the (hopefully) last round of prototypes, I hope I can share more info soon!

Thank you for the response! My body and wallet are ready, that board is the end game I never knew I needed.

Offline alper_maestro

« Reply #186 on: Tue, 02 June 2020, 07:34:41 »
So tomorrow it begins  :cool:

Offline alper_maestro

« Reply #187 on: Wed, 03 June 2020, 02:39:49 »
It's still not live?

Offline Fluxodin

« Reply #188 on: Wed, 03 June 2020, 02:51:23 »
It's still not live?

It’s live on Dixie already. I got my order placed!  ;D

Offline alper_maestro

« Reply #189 on: Wed, 03 June 2020, 02:55:43 »
It's still not live?

It’s live on Dixie already. I got my order placed!  ;D
I'm waiting for the EU vendor, mykeyboard.eu

Probably it will go live during the day.

Offline Prelim

« Reply #190 on: Wed, 03 June 2020, 03:04:11 »
no "Day One promo" on the base set?
2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau

Offline fons

« Reply #191 on: Wed, 03 June 2020, 03:43:37 »
Waiting for mykeyboard.eu to start also. This is my first set of big boi GMK I am too hyped cannot wait more!

Offline Scriba

« Reply #192 on: Wed, 03 June 2020, 04:02:17 »
for future GB please take the proxy candykeys for EU; mykeyboard is outdated and have mostly higher price because fees.

Offline alper_maestro

« Reply #193 on: Wed, 03 June 2020, 04:09:20 »
for future GB please take the proxy candykeys for EU; mykeyboard is outdated and have mostly higher price because fees.
Pricewise it's mostly the same. Shipping is also faster and cheeper from mykeyboard.eu in my experience. So what you say is not entirely true.

Offline Scriba

« Reply #194 on: Wed, 03 June 2020, 04:13:08 »
Pricewise it's mostly the same. Shipping is also faster and cheeper from mykeyboard.eu in my experience. So what you say is not entirely true.

It's not for me. Candykeys is based in Germany so it has nearly no fees in Germany. As I live in Switzerland I order it to a package station at frontier for the same fees.

Offline VXQN

« Reply #195 on: Wed, 03 June 2020, 04:32:31 »
Mykeyboard are typically a little slow putting stuff up on their site. Normally means they're a little slow taking it down too, which has saved me before!

Offline alper_maestro

« Reply #196 on: Wed, 03 June 2020, 04:52:16 »
I think that it's time to move this topic to the Group Buy page  :cool:

Offline alper_maestro

« Reply #197 on: Wed, 03 June 2020, 06:01:12 »

It's not for me. Candykeys is based in Germany so it has nearly no fees in Germany. As I live in Switzerland I order it to a package station at frontier for the same fees.

Switzerland is a separate case and does not belong to the EU. Your situation does not apply to most EU countries for shipping through EU vendors as mykeyboard.eu ;)
« Last Edit: Wed, 03 June 2020, 06:10:07 by alper_maestro »

Offline fons

« Reply #198 on: Wed, 03 June 2020, 06:15:34 »
GB is already up at mykeyboard.eu!

They inflated the price around 20€ in the bases compared to Dixie's prices in dollars. Is that normal? It's my first GMK GB.

Offline alper_maestro

« Reply #199 on: Wed, 03 June 2020, 06:20:30 »
GB is already up at mykeyboard.eu!

They inflated the price around 20€ in the bases compared to Dixie's prices in dollars. Is that normal? It's my first GMK GB.

Shipping is also 50USD via Dixie to Europe (Netherlands) and via Mykeyboard.eu a lot cheaper, depending on your country.

Base set at Dixie is 99 USD and at Mykeyboard.eu 107.99€. If I order only the base set, total for me will be € 113 including shipping costs. At Dixie it will be 150 USD.

Do the math ;)