Author Topic: [IC] GMK Dracula — Group buy is live!  (Read 221770 times)

Offline forevermadrigal

Re: [IC] GMK Dracula — Coming out in Q4 2019!
« Reply #500 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 08:41:34 »
Dude I know, we’re a small (heh) minority. No big deal.
It’s the ISO people”s constant refusal of reality and ISO kit sales data that amuses me.
Vocal minority, indeed.

Sorry! My reply was a bit confusing. That was for the gatekeeping guy xD

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #501 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 08:46:21 »
It’s the ISO people”s constant refusal of reality and ISO kit sales data that amuses me.
Vocal minority, indeed.

ISO support in base kit in this GB is four keys. There are people who will not join the GB if this minimum support is not there in the base kit. You will never have sales data of these customers.

Four keys. How many keys does 40% require that are not in ansi layout?

If they took iso out and those people didn’t join because of it, it wouldn’t really matter. The set will sell no matter what.

Offline lewisflude

• Hand Engineering
    • Hand Engineering
« Reply #502 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 09:25:29 »
Vocal minority, indeed.

ISO support in base kit in this GB is four keys. There are people who will not join the GB if this minimum support is not there in the base kit. You will never have sales data of these customers.

Four keys. How many keys does 40% require that are not in ansi layout?

If they took iso out and those people didn’t join because of it, it wouldn’t really matter. The set will sell no matter what.

It matters to people who use ISO tbh. We do exist!

Offline MrFurrior

« Reply #503 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 10:23:25 »
ISO user reporting for duty!
For those that are against ISO, what percentage of sales would ISO have to be for you to not complain about it? Just curious.

Offline Jetstream

« Reply #504 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 10:42:31 »
For those that are against ISO, what percentage of sales would ISO have to be for you to not complain about it? Just curious.

I'm just waiting for the day they can reach MOQ without vendors needing to do the heavy lifting

Offline lewisflude

• Hand Engineering
    • Hand Engineering
« Reply #505 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 10:50:01 »

I'm just waiting for the day they can reach MOQ without vendors needing to do the heavy lifting

Until the hobby grows, ISO users do need support. We're a small but not insignificant part of the mechanical keyboard community. There's a big scene outside of US/China where'll you'll find lots of ISO boards. Spending power is probably around 20% of what ANSI is right now though (at most), and when sets don't do ISO properly a lot of people just don't join those GBs in favour of sets that do.

I think a $4 price increase (people in the UK community have talked to GMK about this) is worth it for 20% of the community. If you can't afford a $4 price increase, then maybe a hobby where spending $150+ on plastic is a frequent thing isn't for you?

Offline Jetstream

« Reply #506 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 11:52:40 »

Until the hobby grows, ISO users do need support. We're a small but not insignificant part of the mechanical keyboard community. There's a big scene outside of US/China where'll you'll find lots of ISO boards. Spending power is probably around 20% of what ANSI is right now though (at most), and when sets don't do ISO properly a lot of people just don't join those GBs in favour of sets that do.

I think a $4 price increase (people in the UK community have talked to GMK about this) is worth it for 20% of the community. If you can't afford a $4 price increase, then maybe a hobby where spending $150+ on plastic is a frequent thing isn't for you?
It has nothing to do with how well ANSI users financial situation are. It's about not wanting keys that the Majority will never use.

Offline scoopbb

« Reply #507 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 12:27:28 »

think of all the extra iso keycaps we're just gonna trash. it will end up in the ocean killing all the good boy fish. all that extra wasted plastic? do you not care about the environment or the oceans?!

Offline lewisflude

• Hand Engineering
    • Hand Engineering
« Reply #508 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 12:57:53 »

It has nothing to do with how well ANSI users financial situation are. It's about not wanting keys that the Majority will never use.

We all pay for keys we don’t use though. There’ll always be a bottom row you don’t use, or an extra B, or 40s keys you don’t use. So I don’t really see the argument there. I know 80% of people won’t use the ISO keys, but the same could be said about any layout you don’t use. This hobby is built in preference, and making a B-line towards homogenising kits based on what the majority use benefits a lot of people a very small amount while making the set totally unusable for a not insignificant amount of people.

If it’s not that, and it’s not about cost, then what is it?

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #509 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 13:46:00 »

We all pay for keys we don’t use though. There’ll always be a bottom row you don’t use, or an extra B, or 40s keys you don’t use. So I don’t really see the argument there. I know 80% of people won’t use the ISO keys, but the same could be said about any layout you don’t use. This hobby is built in preference, and making a B-line towards homogenising kits based on what the majority use benefits a lot of people a very small amount while making the set totally unusable for a not insignificant amount of people.

You’re forgetting people want numpad out as well as iso.

Offline lewisflude

• Hand Engineering
    • Hand Engineering
« Reply #510 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 14:25:35 »

I’d settle for a numpad + UK-ISO kit like GMK Cafe to be honest. I think I’d actually take that over US-ISO only in base! I think these are the sorts of compromises that work well for everyone ultimately.

Offline CypherPls

« Reply #511 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 17:41:49 »
Render with a Polycarbonate board pls?  :D

Offline Shutter_Shock

« Reply #512 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 11:20:30 »
Any chance of a render on a blue anodized case? A Rama maybe?

Offline Randalljai

« Reply #513 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 14:43:24 »

this :D

« Reply #514 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 18:24:51 »
This could easily be the keyset of the year, excited to buy basically all of the kits for this one.

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #515 on: Tue, 27 August 2019, 01:52:35 »
is it q4 yet

Offline SwitchKeys

• SwitchKeys
« Reply #516 on: Tue, 27 August 2019, 02:04:47 »
This could easily be the keyset of the year, excited to buy basically all of the kits for this one.
Agree 100%. Definately in.

Offline Patrick265

« Reply #517 on: Tue, 27 August 2019, 02:09:00 »
Very interested in these key caps can't wait!

Offline pikku-allu

• IG: @kinnalek
« Reply #518 on: Tue, 27 August 2019, 04:06:37 »
Sorry for the lack of updates, I've been really busy with work and personal stuff. Rest assured, everything is on track.

Info about new/updated kits and other exciting things coming soon!

I was already working on that actually :) Here's a render preview:

Offline chakkii

« Reply #519 on: Tue, 27 August 2019, 09:32:49 »
Sorry for the lack of updates, I've been really busy with work and personal stuff. Rest assured, everything is on track.

Show Image

looks lovely!! I hope there will be an International / Norde KIT. if yes Im 100% on board :)

Offline pr0ximity

Re: [IC] GMK Dracula
« Reply #520 on: Tue, 27 August 2019, 11:20:43 »
- Consider using R5 as the bottom-row profile -- molds are available for different modifier sizes now, thanks to Carbon R2!

Any thoughts on this? I didn't see it responded to, but R5 mods are the new meta and I'd love to see this set with them.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline dallman5

« Reply #521 on: Tue, 27 August 2019, 12:31:03 »
- Consider using R5 as the bottom-row profile -- molds are available for different modifier sizes now, thanks to Carbon R2!

Any thoughts on this? I didn't see it responded to, but R5 mods are the new meta and I'd love to see this set with them.

+1
LF: OG Cherry APL (lasered), Artisans

Current collection:
More
Norbatouch (Galaxy Blue) | Mira SE (Lunar Grey, WKL) | HHKB Pro 1 (KB300BN) | Noxary X60 (Grey, HHKB) | KBDFans 5 Degree (Silver) | AEK64 (Grey) | Norbaforce (Tactical Black, WKL)) | Realforce 86U (White) | TGR 910 RE (Polycarbonate) | LZ-SQ (Black) | LZ-CLS (Grey, WKL) | Duck Orion v1 (Silver, WK)) | Nissho KB106DE | HHKB Pro 1 (KB300B) | LZ CLS-S (Blue, Poker) | Realforce 87U 10th Anniversary) | Realforce 104UK | TGR Alice (Grey on Pink) | Singa (Blue, WKL)  | Quantrik QXP (Blue Grey, WKL) | LZ-GH v2 (Black, WK) | KMAC Happy (Red, Poker)) | IBM Model M SSK (APL) | TGR 910 SE (Pink on Blue) | GSKT-00 (Silver, Poker) | OTD Koala (Silver, WKL) | Realforce R2 PFU Edition (Ivory) | IBM 3279 Beamspring (APL) | TGR Tris (Blue) | LZ-GH v2 (Blue, WKL)) | TGR Jane v2 (Blue-grey, WKL) | LZ-MP (Shine Grey, WKL)  | TGR x Singa Unikorn (Purple) | Justsystems x Realforce 108UG) | IBM Model F Unsaver (APL) | TGR Jane V2 CE (Multicolor, WKL) | Realforce 87U (Blank Black) | Lin Montage (Light Blue, WKL) | GSKT-00 AEK R2 (Grey, HHKB) | Leopold FC660C (Blank Black) | Duck Viper v3 (Grey on Black) | Rama Works M6-C RWxRW | LZ-GH v1 (Black, WKL) | Gok 7v (Grey) | biso x beaming Kei (SS, HHKB) | zacheadams x bisoromi little z | Matrix Noah (Silver/Grey, WKL) | Lin Whale (Pink, WKL) | TGR Alice (Polycarbonate) | Rama Kara (Noct) | Lin Whale75 (Burgundy, F13) | Realforce 89 (Ivory) | Hand Engineering Haus (Bluegrey) | Haytco CAKE60_R1 (Pantone 4167C) | LZ-XE (Grey, WKL) | Noxary X60 V2 (Grey, WK) | Daji Ochocuatro (Grey, WKL) | HHKB Hybird Type-S 25th Anniversary (Snow) | LZ-REs (Grey, WKL) | Matrix 8xv 3.0 (Blue-Black/Deep Grey, WKL) | Realforce 23UB | Biso RS60 (Black, WK) | TGR x MXF Koala (Grey/Black, WKL)

Italics = Incoming, Black = Gone

Offline wholypantalones

• text and icon mods plz.
« Reply #522 on: Tue, 27 August 2019, 14:14:17 »

+1

+II

Offline OtherAndrew

« Reply #523 on: Tue, 27 August 2019, 14:29:29 »

+1

+II

Offline wholypantalones

• text and icon mods plz.
« Reply #524 on: Tue, 27 August 2019, 14:43:01 »

+1

+II

+6

Offline easy_rider

« Reply #525 on: Tue, 27 August 2019, 16:03:53 »

+1

+II

+6

+7

also consider the vim keys of Err! module to be red!

Offline kwentin

« Reply #526 on: Tue, 27 August 2019, 16:06:33 »
Never used a GMK set before but I'm thinking this might be my first one. Consider me interested.

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #527 on: Tue, 27 August 2019, 16:08:12 »

+1

+II

+6

+7

Red vim would be amazing, please consider.

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #528 on: Tue, 27 August 2019, 16:21:21 »
Holy mamma how did I miss this. Yes yes 1000% yes.
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline trg1234

« Reply #529 on: Tue, 27 August 2019, 16:21:29 »

+1

+II

+6

+7

Offline Relive

« Reply #530 on: Tue, 27 August 2019, 16:27:34 »
Does GMK have convex spacebars for the smaller spaces? I am extremely interested in the set, and will buy it regardless, but that is something I could be pretty happy with.

Offline Randalljai

« Reply #531 on: Wed, 28 August 2019, 12:54:39 »

Show Image

smooth. i dig it

Offline nappis

« Reply #532 on: Wed, 28 August 2019, 14:09:29 »

+1

+II

+6

+7

Offline thornkin

« Reply #533 on: Thu, 29 August 2019, 00:23:38 »
I do like my vim keys to be a different color than the main keys, but I am excited just to have them!

Offline BrainBunker

« Reply #534 on: Fri, 30 August 2019, 19:17:45 »

Err-colored vim keys +1

+1

+II

+6

+7

Red vim would be amazing, please consider.

+1 for Err module colored vim keys
« Last Edit: Fri, 30 August 2019, 21:29:53 by BrainBunker »

Offline Shutter_Shock

« Reply #535 on: Fri, 30 August 2019, 20:34:26 »

Offline ZivZulander

« Reply #536 on: Sun, 01 September 2019, 00:39:01 »
Mmm. Looks good. I like the Nightmode module, will definitely mix and match with the err module. Gotta have my blood. I mean red. Who said anything about blood? What?

Offline kamisamamizu

« Reply #537 on: Mon, 02 September 2019, 01:36:14 »
Love it!
Gonna mix the highlight and the err module.
Also, red Vim keys on err would be amazing.

Offline SwitchKeys

• SwitchKeys
« Reply #538 on: Mon, 02 September 2019, 02:15:09 »
This set going to break records. Almost every optional kit in this is a given.

Offline janaaasty

« Reply #539 on: Mon, 02 September 2019, 20:20:20 »
I just ordered my RAMA Thermal with the halt plate. I just need this keyset the the ERR! module and it's GG!

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #540 on: Tue, 03 September 2019, 06:45:00 »

I’d settle for a numpad + UK-ISO kit like GMK Cafe to be honest. I think I’d actually take that over US-ISO only in base! I think these are the sorts of compromises that work well for everyone ultimately.

My thoughts exactly.  It is just a few more keys, please consider adding them to this great looking set.  I would love to have this set.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline digid3ar

« Reply #541 on: Tue, 03 September 2019, 12:50:02 »
any update about the 40% kit?

Offline pikku-allu

• IG: @kinnalek
« Reply #542 on: Tue, 03 September 2019, 18:36:04 »

Yes, the ████ Module is █ ███ ████. And more importantly, we finally have a release date. GMK Dracula is set to launch on █/█/██! How exciting!

But seriously though, updates coming soon.

Offline AcidBrain

« Reply #543 on: Tue, 03 September 2019, 19:18:27 »

Yes, the ████ Module is █ ███ ████. And more importantly, we finally have a release date. GMK Dracula is set to launch on █/█/██! How exciting!

But seriously though, updates coming soon.
...c'mon

Offline CypherPls

« Reply #544 on: Tue, 03 September 2019, 21:58:46 »
ITS Q4 I CANNOT WAIT ANY LONGER  ;D
Probably the beginning of next month I bet. (October)
Any bets?

Offline Protein

« Reply #545 on: Tue, 03 September 2019, 22:10:54 »
I need this so bad. I've been using the Dracula soft syntax theme on vscode for the past few months and this would be perfect to match. My wallet and body is ready.

Offline chive_

« Reply #546 on: Tue, 03 September 2019, 22:50:11 »
ITS Q4 I CANNOT WAIT ANY LONGER  ;D
Probably the beginning of next month I bet. (October)
Any bets?

Uuuuuh Q4 is Oct-Dec. September is end of Q3.

Offline JerkChicken456

« Reply #547 on: Tue, 03 September 2019, 23:40:01 »
i wanttttttt this  ;D

Offline guptaji

« Reply #548 on: Wed, 04 September 2019, 01:55:16 »
Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant, now I have something to look forward to these coming months. Can't wait to get it!!!

Offline jitu

« Reply #549 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 14:17:55 »
In for one  :thumb: