Author Topic: [IC] GMK Toxic  (Read 47650 times)

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
[IC] GMK Toxic
« on: Tue, 17 September 2019, 16:37:47 »
Hello everyone!

Probably everyone knows me but if not i am T0mb3ry and i did some sets here and there ;)
Anyway as i joined Geekhack i was basically drawn into this hobby with keysets like Penumbra, Pulse and Toxic. It was year 2014. Now i got GMK Penumbra and i am waiting for GMK Pulse. But i am still missing GMK Toxic.

After some talks with relevant people, i got the permission to do this IC for GMK Toxic.

GB will be held in December
Vendors:
- US: Originative
- EU: MyKeyboard
- China: ZFrontier

Welcome to GMK Toxic interest check.

First things first. It's obvious i am not the designer of Toxic and i don't have any claims (besides the novelties in Desolator kit). Designer of Toxic is Danielucf and i've talked with him and Bunnylake about the original design and colors. I made the decision to follow the original design which is fully covered in the base kit. Both colors will be custom. To match the colors i will get DCS Toxic samples for the grey tones. The green will be matched after Pantone 389C which was chosen in the original Toxic design.

The US vendor will be https://www.originativeco.com/
I am not sure about EU/ASIA vendors but its all possible i guess...

Base kit
This is the original Toxic design. Notable is here the signature Toxic stripe.

Toxic mods

Toxic novelties

Desolator kit
Since i am doing the kit design, i thought about to offer some novelties of mine as addition. The Ansi enter novelty is missing because i am still working on it.

Because the Group Buy will be organized by Originative you can assume that there will be an artisan raffle for this keyset.

If you have constructive feedback or a suggestion, then please reply below.

The IC thread will last about two weeks and GB might happen shortly after i close this IC thread.

« Last Edit: Fri, 22 November 2019, 14:20:37 by T0mb3ry »

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
Re: [IC] GMK Toxic
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 17 September 2019, 16:38:23 »
Renders by Oblotzky.

« Last Edit: Tue, 19 November 2019, 11:13:43 by T0mb3ry »

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 17 September 2019, 16:40:53 »
Niiiice I love the stripe. Hope this design choice comes back to more sets!

Offline roguesystem087

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 17 September 2019, 16:41:32 »
FINALLY, YESSSSSSSSS i guess this will be on drop?

Offline Nigolski

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 17 September 2019, 16:46:15 »
toxic

Offline Pwner

• * Maker
  • soon™
    • Ion Keyboards
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 17 September 2019, 16:46:31 »

"Because the Group Buy will be organized by Originative" ...
Ion | Keycult | Instagram

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 17 September 2019, 16:50:38 »

"Because the Group Buy will be organized by Originative" ...
And thank god for it

Offline txclack

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 17 September 2019, 17:01:18 »
 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline homerowco

• Homerow.Co
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 17 September 2019, 17:07:19 »
I want that.

I need that.

226469-0

Offline Kingk22

• Naptime
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 17 September 2019, 17:14:52 »
So much want, will finally be able to have my favourite set with proper compat :thumb:

Please consider DailyClack as a vendor for Oceania/Asia :)
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 September 2019, 17:46:15 by Kingk22 »

Offline phatty

• dailyclack.com
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 17 September 2019, 17:16:48 »
The set to get me into this hobby was DCS Toxic, it took me a few years after that to finally secure a set of JTK Toxic.

I am all on board for this, if Daily Clack can't be a proxy, I'll buy a few sets in the very least!

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 17 September 2019, 17:21:09 »
T0mb3ry, I bought an iso enter 1 key keypad because of your rolling bones iso enter, and now you've gone and eclipsed it

Would buy carbon warning signs in toxic color too. Just sayin.

Offline SantiGo

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 17 September 2019, 17:44:13 »
Nice :thumb:

Offline Kingk22

• Naptime
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 17 September 2019, 17:45:50 »
Would be interested to see what people think of using text+icon mods to keep in line with the original set.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 17 September 2019, 18:00:30 »
Just need 3, 1u keys in base - assuming folks use the r3 Toxic novelty - for min. ortho support:

r2: Out
r4: Enter and Shift

Are you planning on running a spacebar kit?

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 17 September 2019, 18:00:48 »
yeah i'd buy this

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #16 on: Tue, 17 September 2019, 20:57:21 »
Buy for sure.

It would be great to have yellow alphas too.
If possible,wish to separate the yellow spacebars to be a single kit.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 17 September 2019, 21:30:13 »
Oh wow, I did not know that danielucf was the original designer.

Offline Mtalbert

• ???
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 17 September 2019, 22:17:14 »
Take my money
Big fan of Daeru

Offline itsundone

« Reply #19 on: Tue, 17 September 2019, 23:07:20 »
this IC is so toxic and i like it...

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #20 on: Tue, 17 September 2019, 23:25:40 »
I mean, I guess I'll have to get it b/c it's a Tob3ry deal.  But I like that JTK Toxic is only $80 :(

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 18 September 2019, 00:05:54 »
Would be interested to see what people think of using text+icon mods to keep in line with the original set.

I do try to hit the original design as good as possible but i want this to be Cherry OG icon mods because the colors have pretty good contrast on each other. If next round happens (one day probably) then it can be done with icon + mods.

I mean, I guess I'll have to get it b/c it's a Tob3ry deal.  But I like that JTK Toxic is only $80 :(

I do have JTK Toxic too but ... personally its not toxic for me. The colors are way too off. This Toxic is going to be as close as possible to the original design. And its GMK - so its best and you can't get better.

Oh wow, I did not know that danielucf was the original designer.

Yes he is ;)

Just need 3, 1u keys in base - assuming folks use the r3 Toxic novelty - for min. ortho support:

r2: Out
r4: Enter and Shift

Are you planning on running a spacebar kit?

Right now there is no ortho support and no spacebar kit. Tho if it sells well then i can develop those kits and add it during the GB.

Offline Kingk22

• Naptime
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 18 September 2019, 00:10:20 »

I do try to hit the original design as good as possible but i want this to be Cherry OG icon mods because the colors have pretty good contrast on each other. If next round happens (one day probably) then it can be done with icon + mods.

Fair, personally I don't like icon mods with text bottom row but I understand your reasoning.

Regardless, this'll be a must-buy for me. Super keen  :thumb:

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #23 on: Wed, 18 September 2019, 00:27:44 »
Also would buy a split spacebars kit; happy to have other odd bars there too.

Offline guptaji

« Reply #24 on: Wed, 18 September 2019, 00:39:20 »
I want that.

I need that.

(Attachment Link)

This is pretty cool, I WANT it too. It's a definite buy for me

Offline psxndc

« Reply #25 on: Wed, 18 September 2019, 02:51:22 »
And thank god for it

No request for a Colevrak kit? I don't even know you anymore.
Ortho. Always.

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #26 on: Wed, 18 September 2019, 04:51:51 »
Going to be really interesting to compare this to my DCS Toxic. Still one of my favourite sets only let down by DCS, for me.

Offline Morgan3Wheeler

« Reply #27 on: Wed, 18 September 2019, 05:08:29 »
I WANT it too
KMAC Happy red HHKB / KMAC Mini red / KMAC 2 86 / 45-ATS cerakote white / Matrix Noah avocado green / Matrix2.0 WKL yellow / Matrix2.0 WKL red / Matrix2.0 add WKL / Matrix Abel X RX-78 / Matrix Abel X Eva / Matrix1.2 OG WKL purple blue / Percent BOOSTER yellow /  Percent CANOE yellow / Percent Canoe2 casio / Percent SKOG mao / TGR 910 CE pink / TGR Jane CE WKL olive green/ TGR Jane V2 WKL blue gray/ TGR Jane V2 CE WKL / TGR Alice red / Keycult No. 2 Rev. 1 / EXENT65 black / GRAYCOD 67 mao / CA66 e-white / Think6.5 V2 LE / Think6.5 V2 robocop / Think6.5 V2 snow white / SPACE 65 R1 black / Typewriter68 e-white/ E6.5 pc / E7-V1 mao white/ E8.5 WKL e-white/ Voclano660 e-white / Moon by EVE WKL carbon / JER-Mini gray / JER80S NCR WKL geekhack / JER80S NCR WKL Korean / Dolumina65 black / Elephant S7 R2 e-white / Bear 65 ergo e-white, black, blue, pink, PC / Fox key65 e-white / Cyberboard purple / Saturn-60 moondust / Saturn-60 supernova / Infinitum / Rama M65a e-white / Rama Jules navy / Rama Zenith ouro / Rama U80-A Seq2 soya / Primus75 / 7V blue / / Cajal gray / Cajal e-white / SQUARE.X 6ea / Time 80 Reforged WKL e-white / J-01 rev1 Black / J-02 LE Poker e-white / OTD 356 Mini R1 red / LZ-CE red / LZ-CE gray / LZ-CLSms silver/ LZ-PhysiX gray / LZ-SQ SE titan gray / LZ-EX titan gray /  LZ-ST silver / LZ-FE WKL silver/ LZ-CLS WKL silver/ LZ-CLS WKL black / LZ-MP gray / LZ-MX SE titan gray / LZ-CP black-blue / LZ-CP red-red SE / LZ-RV gray / Light Pad silver / Light Pad gray / Octagon V2 gray / Orion V2 WKL silver-red / Orion V2.5 WKL gray / Dol Pad dolch / Dolinger 2017 dolch / Dolinger RE yellow/ Dolinger RE PC / Whale-Fe / Dolphin V3 dolch / Montage PC WKL / F1-8X WKL gray / F1-8X WKL navy / F1-8X WKL burgandy / AL.BOK WKL silver

Offline steezkeez

« Reply #28 on: Wed, 18 September 2019, 06:56:05 »
Sick set, can't wait!

Offline mimalik

« Reply #29 on: Wed, 18 September 2019, 07:27:11 »
DAMN YOU T0mb3ry!!!, I had decided to quit GMK, just when I thought I was out........

Offline piit79

« Reply #30 on: Wed, 18 September 2019, 07:55:29 »
40s/Ortho kit (with Preonic support), pretty please ;-)

Offline CodeMayhem

« Reply #31 on: Wed, 18 September 2019, 09:29:04 »
i would legitimately consider building a full iso board bc of that amazing enter key if a nordic kit was offered. also please don't run until December al least... September and October are straight up murdering my wallet.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #32 on: Wed, 18 September 2019, 09:35:33 »
I'm so excited this is finally happening. GMK needs 8x and 10x spacebar molds
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline byoliven

« Reply #33 on: Wed, 18 September 2019, 09:52:29 »
Would love to see this with 40% kit and accent short spacebar.

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #34 on: Wed, 18 September 2019, 09:59:07 »
Glad to see this set happen in GMK, I would prefer the modifier legends to match the other two runs though.

Offline Wongstongs

« Reply #35 on: Wed, 18 September 2019, 10:37:15 »
Will this take four or five years to ship?  :p

Offline norb

« Reply #36 on: Wed, 18 September 2019, 11:39:46 »
ISO NOVELTY! HOLY ****LORD! and what a BEAST! :eek: :eek: :eek:

...came to my mind after casually scrolling and thinking "well, it does pretty much like terminal, so i guess i won't need this." i was wrong, once again.
seriously, are there face-to-face comparison pics with toxic and terminal? from all the different google pics with tons of different lightning i can not be sure how different it'll come out.

would it be possible to add some kind of gas mask novelty in the style of the warning signs? fits the theme and would be dope af imo.

looking at the timeframe for this, maybe running along with sa yuri, for me personally a bad timing because i have to bite the bullet of buying two sets in the same month, which i was planning not to do anymore, but i just can't skip this! gotta support the iso novelty love! :thumb:

Offline 1391401

• MX CLEAR
« Reply #37 on: Wed, 18 September 2019, 11:46:41 »
****ing IN.  I'm excited at the chance to have a GMK rendition of this set before my Signature Plastics set that I bought from Bunnylake's Group Buy in 2014 even gets delivered!!!1
People I've given money to from this webform who never respond to me and have not shipped me anything: ctrlalt.io 1 2, Team Readline Reputable alternatives to GH group buys: http://pimpmykeyboard.com, https://www.massdrop.com,

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #38 on: Wed, 18 September 2019, 12:26:45 »
...came to my mind after casually scrolling and thinking "well, it does pretty much like terminal, so i guess i won't need this." i was wrong, once again.
seriously, are there face-to-face comparison pics with toxic and terminal? from all the different google pics with tons of different lightning i can not be sure how different it'll come out.

Lighting might not be ideal, but there is a pretty significant difference. Here is a comparison to Terminal, and one to the yellow of Serika:

The neat thing about Pantone 389C is next to shades of green it looks greener, and next to shades of yellow it appears more yellow. Kind of a cool effect it has more in person than in photography.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline mimalik

« Reply #39 on: Wed, 18 September 2019, 12:45:10 »
Any possibility of another alpha kit with dual [Latin/JP] sublegends? Toxic => Radiation => Japan (from Godzilla lore to Fukushima leaks)

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #40 on: Wed, 18 September 2019, 12:51:42 »
Update

Desolator kit
- Added salty keys
- Added US Ansi enter novelty. Obviously the ISO enter looks here better but it is how it is.

Any possibility of another alpha kit with dual [Latin/JP] sublegends? Toxic => Radiation => Japan (from Godzilla lore to Fukushima leaks)

Pardon but weeb legends are extremely overused and Toxic is def not about Japan. It does not match it in any way.

Offline norb

« Reply #41 on: Wed, 18 September 2019, 12:58:13 »
Lighting might not be ideal, but there is a pretty significant difference. Here is a comparison to Terminal, and one to the yellow of Serika:

thanks mr. toxic himself ;D

Offline Peiweisgreat

« Reply #42 on: Wed, 18 September 2019, 17:28:37 »
Well I guess this will just have to be my most expensive set of the year since its on oco.

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #43 on: Wed, 18 September 2019, 19:59:27 »
Well I guess this will just have to be my most expensive set of the year since its on oco.

The set even has a salt key for you.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #44 on: Wed, 18 September 2019, 23:58:35 »

As far as i know (take it with a grain of salt because i am not responsible for pricing), the pricing will be competitive (depending also on many factors like amount of keys etc. but that's always the case) during the group buy. If you get into GB it will not cost you much more than on other vendors. So you should not be worry actually. I don't know how the pricing will be after group buy.

Offline Peiweisgreat

« Reply #45 on: Thu, 19 September 2019, 00:15:30 »

The set even has a salt key for you.

I'm gonna need that since I've been contemplating on trying to nab dcs toxic, but I just can't say no to this in gmk.

Offline Bawsky

• Give Deathcaps pls
« Reply #46 on: Thu, 19 September 2019, 03:23:05 »
Niiiiice.

Offline woodruff

« Reply #47 on: Thu, 19 September 2019, 03:45:13 »
I like these colors. What I'm worried about is how the set will really look. So samples are needed ASAP.
There is a mistake in ISO: there are two keys which are identical, and they shouldn't be.
\| R3 and R4 keys
Since you deliver from EU, this could be a nice, original and inexpensive set. Wait. Is it going to be run by originative with import taxes and all?
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 September 2019, 03:48:58 by woodruff »

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #48 on: Thu, 19 September 2019, 04:02:55 »
I like these colors. What I'm worried about is how the set will really look. So samples are needed ASAP.
There is a mistake in ISO: there are two keys which are identical, and they shouldn't be.
\| R3 and R4 keys
Since you deliver from EU, this could be a nice, original and inexpensive set. Wait. Is it going to be run by originative with import taxes and all?
I have no grip on vendors etc. I am doing only the ic and kit design.

The base does not really support ISO but offers ISO compatibility. The pipe keys are fillers for ISO, so they are on point.

Offline woodruff

« Reply #49 on: Thu, 19 September 2019, 04:42:17 »
\| R3 and R4 keys
I have no grip on vendors etc. I am doing only the ic and kit design.

The base does not really support ISO but offers ISO compatibility. The pipe keys are fillers for ISO, so they are on point.

Having two identical keys is really annoying.

UK iso has
# R3
\| R4

DE ISO has
# R3
<> R4

So surely R4 should be #.
Personally I'd like <> R3. I'll make a stat of EU use of that if you need some hard numbers.

226592-0
uk

226594-1
us iso

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_and_American_keyboards
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 September 2019, 07:11:46 by woodruff »