Author Topic: [GB] Pearl 40% R1 Complete - www.pearlboards.com - Thank you!  (Read 201058 times)

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
Re: [GB] Pearl 40% - LIVE until December 1st at www.pearlboards.com
« Reply #100 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 19:27:02 »
Those renders are a little fancier than my pixel art  :p
keyboards.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #101 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 19:41:28 »
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Koobaczech

• Don't forget to smile :)
    • Pearlboards
« Reply #102 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 20:26:49 »
Hey everyone.......after submitting all my documents, PayPal customer service merchant review team called me from nebraska and told me that i'm to high risk and that PayPal isn't suited to work in situations such as mine. PayPal expects orders to be fulfilled within 20 days yada yada. They currently have 1,025.45 USD locked up in it. This 1grand will ONLY unlock when I show PayPal that i have been fulfilling orders via tracking numbers come March time when all Pearls will be delivered. I withdrew the rest (about 80%) a day earlier when MOQ hit and have everyones order money in my bank account.

I have a 9-5 job and can cover this grand thats locked up for the time being. As for proceeding with payments, i've disabled PayPal from my Shopify store and am taking orders directly to my bank account via Shopify Payments which uses STRIPE. I plan on getting help from an established vendor such as mechkeys.ca to proxy the PayPal account or something of the sort.

Ive put over 2grand of my own money into prototyping the boards, setting up the site, creating stickers, pre-buying some shipping and packaging supplies, making business cards and making small deposits to my manufacturers. Ive also invested so many hours into designing everything, marketing, forming relations with everyone and this is a really ****ty situation to be in. PayPal is right though, it's my first group buy and they've never seen my account go through this before so they can't do much except cover themselves...

Im sorry this happened my friends. I plan on pushing through and have my own money ready to cover any disasters or mishaps. Will keep everyone updated, and thanks for your understanding!

Offline lordgiblite

« Reply #103 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 20:45:51 »
Hey everyone.......after submitting all my documents, PayPal customer service merchant review team called me from nebraska and told me that i'm to high risk and that PayPal isn't suited to work in situations such as mine. PayPal expects orders to be fulfilled within 20 days yada yada. They currently have 1,025.45 USD locked up in it. This 1grand will ONLY unlock when I show PayPal that i have been fulfilling orders via tracking numbers come March time when all Pearls will be delivered. I withdrew the rest (about 80%) a day earlier when MOQ hit and have everyones order money in my bank account.

I have a 9-5 job and can cover this grand thats locked up for the time being. As for proceeding with payments, i've disabled PayPal from my Shopify store and am taking orders directly to my bank account via Shopify Payments which uses STRIPE. I plan on getting help from an established vendor such as mechkeys.ca to proxy the PayPal account or something of the sort.

Ive put over 2grand of my own money into prototyping the boards, setting up the site, creating stickers, pre-buying some shipping and packaging supplies, making business cards and making small deposits to my manufacturers. Ive also invested so many hours into designing everything, marketing, forming relations with everyone and this is a really ****ty situation to be in. PayPal is right though, it's my first group buy and they've never seen my account go through this before so they can't do much except cover themselves...

Im sorry this happened my friends. I plan on pushing through and have my own money ready to cover any disasters or mishaps. Will keep everyone updated, and thanks for your understanding!

I'm glad you're keeping us in the loop on this Koob, and I want to remind everyone that you did say in both the IC and the GB thread that this may happen, albeit you most likely did not imagine this result.

I hope that you will be able find an appropriate proxy to help those that cannot order through Stripe!

Like I've said countless times, your dedication and effort shows in the product you've created and the service you've given. Keep it up man, you're almost there!

Offline donjoan666

« Reply #104 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 21:22:40 »
Will join for silver pearl by the end of the GB! I'm gathering money
Joined for "Black Pearl" instead of "Silver Pearl" lol. I'm pretty sure I'll get rose gold too for GF lol.
I paid with credit card and worked out well. I don't know why we need to pay with paypal though, I'm all good?..
And thanks for working so hard. In my opinion, the Pearl is having all the good aspects that the nice keyboard should have.
Now I need to decide which switch to put in...

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #105 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 21:32:30 »
Joined for "Black Pearl" instead of "Silver Pearl" lol. I'm pretty sure I'll get rose gold too for GF lol.
I paid with credit card and worked out well. I don't know why we need to pay with paypal though, I'm all good?..
And thanks for working so hard. In my opinion, the Pearl is having all the good aspects that the nice keyboard should have.
Thanks so much man, just updated the form with your order! Everything is good. And it was nice to offer PayPal for those who wanted it. Appreciate the kind words though!! If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask :)

I'm glad you're keeping us in the loop on this Koob, and I want to remind everyone that you did say in both the IC and the GB thread that this may happen, albeit you most likely did not imagine this result.

I hope that you will be able find an appropriate proxy to help those that cannot order through Stripe!

Like I've said countless times, your dedication and effort shows in the product you've created and the service you've given. Keep it up man, you're almost there!
Thank you Lord. Ive already got my Pearls, and for everyones sake i hope no more stupid **** comes up to disrupt this

Offline r4wromg

« Reply #106 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 09:46:18 »
Will join for silver pearl by the end of the GB! I'm gathering money

Paypal is nice for those of us that have Paypal Credit. Being able to spread payments out over 6 months (without interest) is incredibly helpful, especially as the holiday shopping season is approaching. Lots of gifts to buy for others  :thumb:

Hope you're able to find a proxy! Really been looking forward to joining this GB

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #107 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 09:58:09 »
Hi! Thanks for your feedback, and very glad to hear you would like to join! I have found a proxy as of last night.

Dave from mechkeys.ca is an established and reputable vendor who has been so nice as to host Pearl on his website here
https://mechkeys.ca/collections/group-buys/products/pearl-40

The price listed is in CAD (Canadian dollars). You can head there to purchase via Paypal if you wish. He will carbon copy any orders and ill list them on my order form as well. I will invoice you shipping separately from your order, unless you are in the USA (free shipping). If you need to list any specific plate colors or special requests please email me at pearlboards@gmail.com with your order number and such! Thanks a lot!
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 November 2017, 10:24:30 by Koobaczech »

Offline mr scooty

« Reply #108 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 10:37:36 »
Will it be possible to get extra plates/pcbs after the gb? Or only during?

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #109 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 11:08:39 »
I'd like to pay via PayPal but $370 cad is $290.45 usd as of this posting, so I'll probably just go with CC via your site.
keyboards.

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #110 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 11:20:32 »
I will try to get extra plates and pcbs stocked for you all, and ouch sorry Tameone, maybe Dave listed it wrong ill ask him to change it.

Offline FearsomeCubedWarrior

« Reply #111 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 12:54:18 »
Damn, conversion will be bad for me. I'll try to use CC, but not quite sure, if your payment system will accept Debit Card from outside of the US. I remember Roz had the same issue with UK78 GB with PP.

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #112 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 13:26:21 »
Damn, conversion will be bad for me. I'll try to use CC, but not quite sure, if your payment system will accept Debit Card from outside of the US. I remember Roz had the same issue with UK78 GB with PP.
Honestly, I have to apologize again. I never thought PayPal would be so strict with my account. If you need any help just send me an email!

A couple of side updates as well
  • Fixed the international shipping calculator via shopify
  • Mecheksy.ca paypal proxy set price down to convert to $280usd correctly

« Reply #113 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 14:34:48 »
It's totally not your fault at all. The only workaround I can think about is sending USPS tracking to those orders that's been blocked to unlock the funds, but that's risky IMHO, PP may think it's fraud and act even more. Unfortunatelly, there's no way to prevent it to the best of my knowledge.

Anyway, thank you for all your work and keeping us in the loop and especially for that colab with MiTo. As soon as I'm going to order Base + Gajin + novelties, I guess I'll be able to cover both UK78 and Pearl (as a placeholder while I'm deciding about SA I'll use on it)

Offline crcstig

« Reply #114 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 19:29:10 »
In for a silver plus extra pcb and plate, super hyped! Not sure what to pair it with. Hydro is a dream, Violet Tendencies, Godspeed, idk. Thanks Koob and good luck, it's a true beauty.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Offline SuperBo

« Reply #115 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 20:04:54 »
In for a silver plus extra pcb and plate, super hyped! Not sure what to pair it with. Hydro is a dream, Violet Tendencies, Godspeed, idk. Thanks Koob and good luck, it's a true beauty.

Take a look at Night King SA. I think it is very suitable to silver background. However they don't have special keys for spllit spacebar.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #116 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 21:39:06 »

Wow thanks for joining in, and for your nice thoughts! Silver is a beautiful color that works well with anything! My personal favorite might be hyperfuse!

Also donut_sauce, i promised you a side by side pic of all the Pearls. Here it is
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 November 2017, 22:39:35 by Koobaczech »

Offline Troif

• Carpe Diem!!!
    • Daniel Ferrer
« Reply #117 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 05:51:49 »
Beautiful board...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
--
Filco TKL Ninja Blues / CODE Greens / Pok3r Clears / HHKBpro2 / RF 87U 55g / Novatouch TKL / KC60 Clears / SSK and also regular Model M

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #118 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 07:18:00 »

Wow thanks for joining in, and for your nice thoughts! Silver is a beautiful color that works well with anything! My personal favorite might be hyperfuse!
Show Image

Thank you! Do u have silver one irl? Thought I saw one listed as silver on ur insta

Also donut_sauce, i promised you a side by side pic of all the Pearls. Here it is
Show Image

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #119 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 07:58:05 »
Just those 4 man! The silver you saw was Daves mechmini2 prototype case! He sent me it to check out and build. Its so expensive to prototype x0

Offline Scarhoof

« Reply #120 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 23:44:57 »
Seeing those renders with Laser makes me want to order another one just for that look.

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #121 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 08:06:15 »
Just those 4 man! The silver you saw was Daves mechmini2 prototype case! He sent me it to check out and build. Its so expensive to prototype x0
Oh i thought this one was labeled silver?181866-0

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #122 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 09:26:23 »
Wow, my mistake, it should say Gray. I've gone and corrected it. No wonder so many people were confused lol. That's my fault and I do apologize! ;D

Offline mr scooty

« Reply #123 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 11:22:46 »
God i just keep going between colors at this point....  :'( :'(

Offline energyd

« Reply #124 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 11:32:07 »
Just curious what does everyone use the split space for? Use one of them as the fn key?

Offline lordgiblite

« Reply #125 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 11:35:52 »
Just curious what does everyone use the split space for? Use one of them as the fn key?
Generally it's space and enter with fn to switch between layers :D

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #126 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 11:57:55 »
A lot of people use one space as backspace as well.
keyboards.

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #127 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 16:15:32 »
Just like the two excellent gentlemen above me answered, I've seen one function as a space and the other as a backspace/fn key. I've also seen it be used as a shift key. The magic is that since every key is programmable, there is no right or wrong and you are free to invent whatever crazy layout you want ;]

In my split space build, my bottom row is
[1u Ctrl]-[1.25u Win]-[1.25u Alt]-[2.25u LShift]-[2.75u Space]-[1.25u Menu]-[1u Fn]

Offline energyd

« Reply #128 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 18:45:12 »
Just like the two excellent gentlemen above me answered, I've seen one function as a space and the other as a backspace/fn key. I've also seen it be used as a shift key. The magic is that since every key is programmable, there is no right or wrong and you are free to invent whatever crazy layout you want ;]

[1u Ctrl]-[1.25u Win]-[1.25u Alt]-[2.25u LShift]-[2.75u Space]-[1.25u Menu]-[1u Fn]

Thanks for the reply guys. Very helpful. Thinking about order a pearl for myself.

As a programmer, I would use the arrow key extensively and sometimes need the number key. So I need the Fn key to be convenient to reach.

On my 60% that I set the Caps Lock key to be my Fn and I,J,K,L to be the arrow cluster. But on a 40% I still need the LShift which leaves no space for the Caps Lock. Also I use the '-' and '=', '{' and '}' keys a lot. Any suggestion on how to get those back on the 40%?

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
« Reply #129 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 18:49:19 »

Thanks for the reply guys. Very helpful. Thinking about order a pearl for myself.

As a programmer, I would use the arrow key extensively and sometimes need the number key. So I need the Fn key to be convenient to reach.

On my 60% that I set the Caps Lock key to be my Fn and I,J,K,L to be the arrow cluster. But on a 40% I still need the LShift which leaves no space for the Caps Lock. Also I use the '-' and '=', '{' and '}' keys a lot. Any suggestion on how to get those back on the 40%?

You'd probably have to put them in a fn layer. My Minivan has a default layer and 4 fn layers.

Offline mr scooty

« Reply #130 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 18:57:41 »

I use a 40% for programming as a daily driver. I use split spacebar. Left spacebar = fn. Right spacebar = space. I noticed I always press space with my right thumb on regular keyboards for whatever reason... so it made sense for me.

In the 'FN' layer,
I use IJKL for arrows with U : Home,
O : End,
have a few of the various 'FN1-12' keys scattered around i use a lot,
QWER : 1234,
ASDF : 5678,
ZXCV : 90-=,
,.<> : []{}

I also have another fn layer with the right ctrl that has everything else i need.

Definitely possible to program on a 40  :thumb:

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #131 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 19:15:28 »
Y'all are madmen. I cant use a 40% to program, only to wack burglars on the head with

Offline mr scooty

« Reply #132 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 19:49:25 »
Y'all are madmen. I cant use a 40% to program, only to wack burglars on the head with

It definitely takes some getting used to. But I use mine for security reasons mostly. Can't mess with my station if you can't use my keeb  :p

Offline energyd

« Reply #133 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 20:13:04 »

It definitely takes some getting used to. But I use mine for security reasons mostly. Can't mess with my station if you can't use my keeb  :p

Now I know :p

Offline Rogerwyf

« Reply #134 on: Fri, 10 November 2017, 00:35:00 »
Joined the Pearl Hype Train!

Offline fishpod

« Reply #135 on: Fri, 10 November 2017, 02:21:46 »
so kooba, the prototypes that you have in hand are purple, cyan, red and silver right?

is there a sample for rose gold?

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #136 on: Fri, 10 November 2017, 08:12:04 »
Haha!! Thank you Roger :) Exciting!!💎

so kooba, the prototypes that you have in hand are purple, cyan, red and silver right?

Hey pod! Designing a board can be tough the first time around. I had never used Cad, never understood screw sizes, threading, tolerances, top mount plates etc. After a very meticulous process, i had finished designing the little board and paid for 2 protos, cyan and red. Fixing almost everything from the first revision, came my second 2, GRAY and purple. Heres the kicker

Revision 3 will be what you all will get. They will be ever so slightly better and most likely have numbered weights. I havent produced any revision 3's because its incredibly expensive to make just 2 :(

I will try to have a single rose gold Pearl made after the GB closes, and have it in my hands before producing the rest. I'll most likely be contributing it to the GB so if it is bad and no one wants it, it came out of my pockets. If this happens, it will prob cause a delay but assures you all of the color. At that point everyone can gauge the color and if theyd like to, change their orders :) I dont have a sample of rose gold because it will be done at another shop, since my supplier doesnt do rose gold. Hoping it turns out nice!

« Last Edit: Fri, 10 November 2017, 08:17:02 by Koobaczech »

Offline fishpod

« Reply #137 on: Fri, 10 November 2017, 08:27:46 »
Haha!! Thank you Roger :) Exciting!!💎

Hey pod! Designing a board can be tough the first time around. I had never used Cad, never understood screw sizes, threading, tolerances, top mount plates etc. After a very meticulous process, i had finished designing the little board and paid for 2 protos, cyan and red. Fixing almost everything from the first revision, came my second 2, GRAY and purple. Heres the kicker

Revision 3 will be what you all will get. They will be ever so slightly better and most likely have numbered weights. I havent produced any revision 3's because its incredibly expensive to make just 2 :(

I will try to have a single rose gold Pearl made after the GB closes, and have it in my hands before producing the rest. I'll most likely be contributing it to the GB so if it is bad and no one wants it, it came out of my pockets. If this happens, it will prob cause a delay but assures you all of the color. At that point everyone can gauge the color and if theyd like to, change their orders :) I dont have a sample of rose gold because it will be done at another shop, since my supplier doesnt do rose gold. Hoping it turns out nice!

:thumb: kooba you are amazing! GLWGB and I look forward to my ROSE GOLD PEARL!

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #138 on: Fri, 10 November 2017, 09:13:05 »
Thank you dude!!! And for anyone wanting to see! Gray is 'halfway happy' between black and silver. Almost always if you cant tell if its gray or silver, assume its gray. Silver is super light.

GRAY Pearl VS SILVER Mm2

« Last Edit: Fri, 10 November 2017, 09:19:13 by Koobaczech »

« Reply #139 on: Fri, 10 November 2017, 15:01:00 »

The conversion rate is still adds 16 USD.

I'll try my CC though later.

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #140 on: Fri, 10 November 2017, 16:46:31 »
Hey Warrior, working on this now. Sorry about that. Realized Google conversion is different that PayPal conversion, and since my PayPal is locked, I cant simulate purchases off the proxy site. Dave's incredibly busy shipping the mechmini2s but I've asked him to take some time aside to resolve this. Thanks you!

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #141 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 12:19:32 »
Do we have until Dec 1 to make changes to our order?  Still deciding the color choice.   ;D

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #142 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 13:35:26 »
Yes sir! Thats when I submit everything in :]

Offline energyd

« Reply #143 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 14:39:17 »
Yes sir! Thats when I submit everything in :]

Joined the buy! Thanks everyone for the insight! Got the purple one but still little bit undecided b/w cyan and purple though..

Offline energyd

« Reply #144 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 15:19:03 »
cyan vs purple which will have more key cap options?

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #145 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 15:34:35 »
I feel like purple is more common... but both have great aftermarket options for GMK and SP caps
-Dana

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #146 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 15:55:19 »
Joined the buy! Thanks everyone for the insight! Got the purple one but still little bit undecided b/w cyan and purple though..
Hey awesome!! :) Purple and Cyan look incredible with everything I've thrown on them so far. Honestly, every single Pearl rocks any keyset like a champ. Its like a very beautiful lady who doesn't look bad in anything know what i mean? xD

Offline foxlive

• The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
« Reply #147 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 17:24:02 »
I am still hesitating with getting this 40% pearl.. I’m quite afraid I will not like 40%, but I do love the look of this board. Maybe I will wait for 60% pearl (even more with all the nice 60% gb soon with ca66 and m0110!!)

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #148 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 17:46:04 »
I am still hesitating with getting this 40% pearl.. I’m quite afraid I will not like 40%, but I do love the look of this board. Maybe I will wait for 60% pearl (even more with all the nice 60% gb soon with ca66 and m0110!!)
Thank you fox, I'm glad you like the look :) A 40% board, especially a very unique one is gamble if you've never used one. I don't disagree with your hesitation, and while id love to get this out to as many people as I can, my first concern is that you know what you are getting yourself into.

Try a 40 out one day, get a cheap one off mech market and see if its for you! If you love the form factor, Im sure one will find its way to you.

And yea, so many cool 60%'s are available right now! Pretty cool that the market is growing outside of the normal ebay, kbdfans, and standard aluminum square cases. I'm still wanting a Noxary X60 myself, but ill make my dream 60 if Pearl runs well :]

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #149 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 18:25:45 »
Thank you fox, I'm glad you like the look :) A 40% board, especially a very unique one is gamble if you've never used one. I don't disagree with your hesitation, and while id love to get this out to as many people as I can, my first concern is that you know what you are getting yourself into.

Try a 40 out one day, get a cheap one off mech market and see if its for you! If you love the form factor, Im sure one will find its way to you.

And yea, so many cool 60%'s are available right now! Pretty cool that the market is growing outside of the normal ebay, kbdfans, and standard aluminum square cases. I'm still wanting a Noxary X60 myself, but ill make my dream 60 if Pearl runs well :]

I'm in the same boat, I'm tempted by a pearl just because it looks so nice, but 40% just doesn't seem like the right thing for me. I even think i could do a like 50% without a number row, but losing standard keys in the main layout would screw with me.

I'd buy the **** out of a 60% tho. The real question is... any plans for 65% :D.