Author Topic: Looking for White ANSI Full or TKL board  (Read 2352 times)

Offline mind_funeral

• savior of lost fortunes
Looking for White ANSI Full or TKL board
« on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 07:34:14 »
Hello GH,

I'm looking for a keyboard for my boss since his Logitech rubberdome took a **** on him.  It's for work and he likes the blues on my switch tester but we both agree they would be a but loud for our office.  I'm thinking browns modded with the thinnest o-rings.  He gave me some criteria and I'm having trouble finding exactly what he wants for a decent price.

Looking for:
  • Full 104 key ANSI layout (possibly TKL and add a keypad but this route is more expensive I believe)
  • Some good MX style brown switch, preferably Gateron then Cherry
  • White keycaps with black or dark blue legends that won't fade like doubleshots or dyesubs (laser etched?)  I found a green on white that he wasn't fond of.
  • No backlight preferably
  • Budget max of $150.  I'm always on /r/mechmarket and GH classifieds and would definitely buy something used for him as well.

If someone could point me towards some keyboards that fit some or all of this criteria that would help a ton.

And if I can find this keyboard for him, I plan on desoldering the keypad and replacing them with blues so he can experience at least some clacking throughout his day.

Thanks in advance!
Poker II.3 with Gateron Browns and SIP sockets,  Midnight/Twilight DCS
KBP V60 with Gateron Clears, EnjoyPBT Cyrillics
Topre Type Heaven

Offline QuincyJones

Re: Looking for White ANSI Full or TKL board
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 15:28:17 »
but another rubber dome keyboard for him and then make him take you out for a free meal. you're welcome.
SENT FROM MY TRKA-100-ULTRA-PRO-1R WITH FLASHY MULTI-COLOURED LEDS FOR MEGA ULTRA COOLNESS
(please like me)

Offline seville57

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 15:34:19 »
Hello GH,

I'm looking for a keyboard for my boss since his Logitech rubberdome took a **** on him.  It's for work and he likes the blues on my switch tester but we both agree they would be a but loud for our office.  I'm thinking browns modded with the thinnest o-rings.  He gave me some criteria and I'm having trouble finding exactly what he wants for a decent price.

Looking for:
  • Full 104 key ANSI layout (possibly TKL and add a keypad but this route is more expensive I believe)
  • Some good MX style brown switch, preferably Gateron then Cherry
  • White keycaps with black or dark blue legends that won't fade like doubleshots or dyesubs (laser etched?)  I found a green on white that he wasn't fond of.
  • No backlight preferably
  • Budget max of $150.  I'm always on /r/mechmarket and GH classifieds and would definitely buy something used for him as well.

If someone could point me towards some keyboards that fit some or all of this criteria that would help a ton.

And if I can find this keyboard for him, I plan on desoldering the keypad and replacing them with blues so he can experience at least some clacking throughout his day.

Thanks in advance!

Here is 2 white TKL but the keycaps are not so good maybe: https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1694

https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1765
« Last Edit: Wed, 29 June 2016, 15:47:42 by seville57 »

Offline mind_funeral

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 16:09:58 »
but another rubber dome keyboard for him and then make him take you out for a free meal. you're welcome.

Hahah no way.  He's not really my boss, just a senior engineer.  I like the guy.

Here is 2 white TKL but the keycaps are not so good maybe: https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1694

Yeah I saw those.  I wish Ducky was making a "One" with black or blue dyesubs. :(
Topre Type Heaven

Offline QuincyJones

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 16:50:25 »
A dell quietkey is a good alternative to a mechanical-ish feel without all the noise
SENT FROM MY TRKA-100-ULTRA-PRO-1R WITH FLASHY MULTI-COLOURED LEDS FOR MEGA ULTRA COOLNESS
(please like me)

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 16:57:45 »
Hey I like white keyboards! :]

Varmilo VA87M Keyboard MX Browns
Price: $139 + shipping

Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/272019373878?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true

Offline mind_funeral

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 17:55:37 »
Hey I like white keyboards! :]

Varmilo VA87M Keyboard MX Browns
Price: $139 + shipping

Show Image

Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/272019373878?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true

I forgot to mention he wasn't too fond of the side prints.  I got a keycool I'm going to let him try to see if he likes it.
Topre Type Heaven

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 18:09:33 »
If my other post mysteriously appears in this thread, I apologize.

I just ordered a Varmilo VA87M from Miya in the vendor forum.  Custom job ran $135 *shipped* and included Gateron Browns, dye-sub top printed gray keycaps, white LED.  Many config options, and total time from order placement to delivery was about 1 week.

I haven't seen the board as I had it delivered to work and I have been on jury duty this week, but I can post a few pics if you are interested.  Miya has been very nice and helpful during the ordering process.
RF87U 55g (damaged)  |  AV3 w/POM Plate  |  Thermal (to be built)  |  ID80v1 (to be rebuilt)  |  Tokyo60

Offline mind_funeral

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 30 June 2016, 10:12:49 »
If my other post mysteriously appears in this thread, I apologize.

Not really sure what you're talking about here, hah

I just ordered a Varmilo VA87M from Miya in the vendor forum.  Custom job ran $135 *shipped* and included Gateron Browns, dye-sub top printed gray keycaps, white LED.  Many config options, and total time from order placement to delivery was about 1 week.

Alright, I'll check her out. Thanks!

I haven't seen the board as I had it delivered to work and I have been on jury duty this week, but I can post a few pics if you are interested.  Miya has been very nice and helpful during the ordering process.

Sure man, go ahead and post some pics if you'd like.
Topre Type Heaven

Offline seville57

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 30 June 2016, 14:43:40 »

Hahah no way.  He's not really my boss, just a senior engineer.  I like the guy.

Yeah I saw those.  I wish Ducky was making a "One" with black or blue dyesubs. :(

Here it is: A 108 "One" with white case and blue dyesubs: https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1628

Myself I have a white 108 Ducky One RGB YOTG k-board with Cherry MX Blacks.
« Last Edit: Thu, 30 June 2016, 15:25:37 by seville57 »

Offline QuincyJones

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 30 June 2016, 15:57:18 »
Blacks are the worse colour - the linear feel is not good for typing and they're quite heavy for regularly hitting. Unless you're a really fat bastard I suppose...
(please like me)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 30 June 2016, 16:55:47 »
Blacks are the worse colour - the linear feel is not good for typing and they're quite heavy for regularly hitting.

My son loves them for gaming because he can use the resistance to stay just at the actuation point and repeat quickly.

And he is a scrawny little weakling.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 30 June 2016, 17:08:51 »
Sure man, go ahead and post some pics if you'd like.

Basic board pic

When customizing, case color, keykap color and type, etc can be selected.  He can prob get it for less if he goes with a standard keycap instead of a dye-subbed PBT if money is tight.
RF87U 55g (damaged)  |  AV3 w/POM Plate  |  Thermal (to be built)  |  ID80v1 (to be rebuilt)  |  Tokyo60