Author Topic: Slider swapping an HHKB  (Read 3182 times)

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
Slider swapping an HHKB
« on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 03:29:12 »
Hello all, I have some purple sliders coming in and was curious as to why on most swaps they do not swap the modifier keys? Seems like I usually see that the enter and left shift do not get swapped and was just wondering why.

Thanks for any help!

Offline sony

• Formerly ultraidiot
Re: Slider swapping an HHKB
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 03:33:36 »
Novatouch stabilized key stem has 3 points. The normal topre key stem only has one. This means that it requires drilling holes in the hhkb case to support stabilized keys.

Some people also slider swap with sliders off aliexpress. Many of these are only 1u sliders and do not fit in the stabilized key housings.

JTK sliders which can be found on aliexpress I believe support stabilized keys without drilling any holes, but you may have clearance issues which are solved by shaving part of the keycap stem or drilling into the case.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 03:34:35 »
Not sure, but I do swap em

If you ask since the stem color is still black, yes the color of the stem on modifier is also black on original purple sliders board

but the modifier stem have that same o ring just like on the purple sliders

Edit: wait are we talking about purple sliders or novatouch sliders? They are different

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 03:35:15 »
Novatouch stabilized key stem has 3 points. The normal topre key stem only has one. This means that it requires drilling holes in the hhkb case to support stabilized keys.

Some people also slider swap with sliders off aliexpress. Many of these are only 1u sliders and do not fit in the stabilized key housings.

JTK sliders which can be found on aliexpress I believe support stabilized keys without drilling any holes, but you may have clearance issues which are solved by shaving part of the keycap stem or drilling into the case.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Ahh I should have clarified. They are the Realforce Purple sliders.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 03:36:15 »

If you ask since the stem color is still black, yes the color of the stem on modifier is also black on original purple sliders board

Ok, that makes sense! Is the travel disance off set still there? Thanks for the clarification!

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 03:37:56 »

Ok, that makes sense! Is the travel disance off set still there? Thanks for the clarification!
Funny enough I never thought of travel distance

But I can tell you that purple sliders with 45g or 55g domes is dream to type on. I have both and I love em equally

Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 03:41:01 »

Funny enough I never thought of travel distance

But I can tell you that purple sliders with 45g or 55g domes is dream to type on. I have both and I love em equally

The sliders should be here any day now and I will go ahead and put them in and then my RF domor board will be here in May so it will give me time to see how I like the 45g before swapping with the RF. Pretty excited to try it!