Author Topic: [IC]Infinikey Comfy | Pricing, Kits, Vendors GB: Sep 25-Oct 9  (Read 58140 times)

Offline ghstgrl

• Are you comfy tho?
[IC]Infinikey Comfy | Pricing, Kits, Vendors GB: Sep 25-Oct 9
« on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 10:27:57 »
Update (September 23) - Pricing, Kits, Vendors, GB Soon

GB Thread Here - It's currently live so I'll be locking this Friday morning :)

Thank you for following this set for most of this year :) . I expect this to be the last big update barring any further 2020 shenanigans. I've been waiting for price and vendor confirmation to post this update!

Group Buy Period: September 25 - October 9, 2020
Ashkeebs
Prototypist
Switchkeys
The Key Company
zFrontier

Pricing (USD)
Core Kit: $90
Add-on Kit: $45

SpaceCables collaboration for a matching cable will also be available :) !
Here are the sets:

In the prototype set the navy/dark blue color was darker than intended. The final product will be 5% lighter to closer match the pantone chips, unfortunately the backlog for protos was too long to get a another set done.

After much discussion with friends and fellow designers, looking at poll numbers, and considering my original vision, there won't be a latin kit option for this GB. For those of you curious I consistently got only around 30 folks confirming they want a Latin alpha kit across multiple polls that ranged between 85 to 155 responses. I understand this will disappoint folks and you those of you whose decision to get this set is based on the availability of a Latin alphas kit may no longer want to join. Nevertheless, thank you for your interest and support! Perhaps if this GB does well and the demand for a KAT version is there we can offer a Latin alpha kit next time!

For more frequent updates, photos, l e e k s, and to chat:
Instagram I have pinned stories for quick updates
Discord: There isn't a specific server for this set but I'm active on the Gray Studio Discord as well as the Ashkeebs and PRJKT_ servers. If you see me in other servers feel free to say hi :) .

Special Thanks to the folks at Aether Hermera and Gray Studio Discords for all their support and feedback <3

Previous Updates
I talked to TKC and we've decided on 3 different deskmat designs - 2 patterns and 1 'artwork' one by me, ghstgrl (not an artist). The theme is comfy and sleepy cats :) I hope you'll like them. Official names of the deskmats on store pages pending but basically polka dots, triangles, and comfy cats.

More
July 10
  • Adjusted the sublegends to accommodate JIS and ANSI hiragana users :) Thanks for the feedback
  • Modified some of the Insert/Delete cluster icon mods as well as creating icon mods for the print/scroll/print keys
  • Adjusted the backspace and enter icon lengths [
  • Confirmed matching cable will be available
  • [/m][/l]
  • Yes, there will be proxies - I don't know who yet but likely those whom TKC typically work with
  • Infinikey's backlog for protos is all the way up to January at this point so it is unlikely I will make any adjustments to the colors.

June 30
Hello I'm back many moons later with an update!
This update has been a long time coming because I've been waiting on prototypes! Yes, I have not renders but prototypes in hand. :)

Some of you might have had a peek at them on Alexotos's recent Instagram post! Thanks for the lovely photos <3

Now that I have the protos in hand I also took a photo photos. This gallery has photos + comments on most of the images so please do take care to read the comments for thoughts and comments on the colors and dyesub! I took all of these photos on my iPhone with 99% of them in natural indoor light. I also included some comparisons with the Pantone chips I had.

Below are a select few photos and here is an Imgur Gallery full of them.
Notice here my comment about the thinner reverse dye-sub legends (a comment I made in the Imgur gallery).

TL;DR - Colors are good and meet my desires. The biggest note I have is that the reverse dyesub caps have thinner legends and I am told this is just a current limitation to dyesub techniques that is to be improved upon in the future. So do note that when deciding if this set is for you or not.

Design & Theme
More
The theme of the set is the feeling of an lazing around in an oversized hoodie on a cold day. The colors of this set is inspired by the work of artist Daisuke Richard, specifically this illustration. I've always liked Daisuke Richard's use of colors in his artwork. I've always thought of it as 'soft/comfy colors' even though he does use bold, bright colors in many of his illustrations. I've been wanting more subtle/muted/soft color keycaps sets so I've made the alphas the light pink while using the dark blue for mods and the pale teal color as an accent.The set has custom icon legends on some of the modifiers and I welcome any feedback you have on the set, including the name.I would like to touch on the discussion on adding white to the design. I understand and agree that having white on the keyset would be really great. The white modifier/accent legends look really good and fit Daisuke Richard's design. in fact, I had even prepared an off white to use on the legends. However, what I found is that the more I worked on using the white legends the more I felt like it wasn't as close as the comfy theme is. I understand that the pink legends on blue will disappoint some folks and perhaps make the set no longer interesting but as my first keyset design I'm trying very hard to stick to my original vision. I hope you understand and I think a cooler color palette with Daisuke Richard's colors would look really cool and maybe that can be a future keycap set :) 

246039-0

GH really hates my formatting attempts :(
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 September 2020, 23:27:47 by ghstgrl »
Space65 | Thera75 | NIZ TKL | Think6.5 v2 | Lily58
GMK Olivia | Comfy PBT | GMK Yuru
Upcoming:
AE Daedalus | GMK Pink on Navy | GMK Birch | KAT Refined

Offline antx1701

Re: [IC] Comfy PBT - Daisuke Richard Inspired Keyset
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 10:33:24 »
Love everything about this, the muted colors are very calming. Not sure about the pink on teal, though.
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 January 2020, 10:37:52 by digital_nothing »

Offline persocom

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 11:02:58 »
big fan of Daisuke Richard!

the colors here match the piece really nicely, however the reference has a decent amount of white too.  One thing that seems to be common in his pieces is his use of white to break up the bright colors.  I think that plays a large role in how cozy the palette looks.

It would be nice to see some of that white incorporated into this set somehow :^)

Offline antx1701

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 11:44:07 »
Maybe white mod legends?

Offline ghstgrl

• Are you comfy tho?
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 11:52:49 »
Love everything about this, the muted colors are very calming. Not sure about the pink on teal, though.

big fan of Daisuke Richard!

the colors here match the piece really nicely, however the reference has a decent amount of white too.  One thing that seems to be common in his pieces is his use of white to break up the bright colors.  I think that plays a large role in how cozy the palette looks.

It would be nice to see some of that white incorporated into this set somehow :^)

Maybe white mod legends?

Thanks for taking the time to give some feedback :) ! Yes a few folks have mentioned incorporating white in there and I agree. I'll try making the mods white in the next iteration.
Upcoming:

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 12:03:48 »
Will this be reversed dyesub or will they dye the legends and the rest of the keycap at the same time.
They are different techniques and it will affect how the colours turn out.

Offline ghstgrl

• Are you comfy tho?
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 12:12:39 »
Will this be reversed dyesub or will they dye the legends and the rest of the keycap at the same time.
They are different techniques and it will affect how the colours turn out.

Based on what I know about Infinikey and talking to TKC, it's reverse dyesub like the Infinikey Katakana, BRED, and Sanctuary Rebirth set. There is a photo of the reverse dyesub on the Katakana product page. I know TKC has been working with Infinikey to improve PBT cherry profile dyesub options in the market. I hope that helps.
Upcoming:

Offline PocketAces

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 14:10:52 »
These ****ing colors are my steez man. I don’t even care what you change about the legends, if anything. I’m buying this kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ghstgrl

• Are you comfy tho?
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 16:24:42 »
These ****ing colors are my steez man. I don’t even care what you change about the legends, if anything. I’m buying this kit.

Thanks for the support  :D  means a lot to me that people like it.
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 January 2020, 10:22:37 by ghstgrl »
Upcoming:

Offline ghstgrl

• Are you comfy tho?
Re: [IC] Comfy PBT - Daisuke Richard Inspired Keyset - (Update Jan 21)
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 11:43:49 »
Updated with new IC Form and colors!
Upcoming:

Offline antx1701

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 12:07:13 »
Love the new sets, especially the off white mod legends.

Offline modeseven

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 14:17:30 »
Love the new sets, especially the off white mod legends.

+1

I think you have achieved maximum comfy levels with the set.
Can't wait the see the novelties!

Offline Tree_

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 20:59:01 »
Will this have 40s kits like in TKC's BoW/WoB sets? https://thekey.company/products/infinikey-bow-wob

Offline ghstgrl

• Are you comfy tho?
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 21:09:34 »
Will this have 40s kits like in TKC's BoW/WoB sets? https://thekey.company/products/infinikey-bow-wob

I'm in talks with TKC about officially picking this set up and will discuss the logistics about keysets and price. I don't see why they wouldn't include 40s kit since they included it in Sanctuary Rebirth as well.
Upcoming:

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 02:47:43 »
It misses the color white imo that is the color that also makes the picture in the art work
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline neutralstate

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 07:33:16 »
It misses the color white imo that is the color that also makes the picture in the art work

if the designer doesnt add white in there, another interesting idea to consider could be mounting the keycaps on an e-white keyboard

i think that could fully re-create the aesthetic of the picture!

Offline Joaquox

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 02:31:27 »

if the designer doesnt add white in there, another interesting idea to consider could be mounting the keycaps on an e-white keyboard

This needs to be in one of the renders.

Offline antx1701

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 23:55:34 »

I was just thinking this. This set would look amazing on an e-white kbd67 mkii. Changing my opinion, first colorway with pink mod legends is my favorite.

Offline cari

« Reply #18 on: Fri, 24 January 2020, 19:23:16 »
this is so cute. will totally get it if this ever goes through

Offline steezkeez

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 24 January 2020, 19:30:54 »
This is kinda dope. Interested especially if the price is nice  :thumb:

Offline The_Koi

• Colorado - Code, Coffee and Keys
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 29 January 2020, 17:23:44 »
Fully on board with this set. Will likely need multiples just so I can be extra cozy everywhere  :thumb:

Offline steelykeeb

« Reply #21 on: Sun, 02 February 2020, 20:02:56 »
i would like to know how much will the keycap set be
because i want to save some money there are alot of good keycaps sets and keyboards right now

Offline bow3i

« Reply #22 on: Tue, 04 February 2020, 11:43:14 »
Looks great! And the hiragana sub legends are a nice bonus too

Offline ghstgrl

• Are you comfy tho?
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 04 February 2020, 12:40:58 »
Fully on board with this set. Will likely need multiples just so I can be extra cozy everywhere  :thumb:

i would like to know how much will the keycap set be
because i want to save some money there are alot of good keycaps sets and keyboards right now

Looks great! And the hiragana sub legends are a nice bonus too

Thanks for the support! Price is TBA but I would expect it to be similar to the Infinikey sets The Key Company has been running. From my conversations with them I expect the sets to be the large sets they do as well where there no child kits though I may consider asking about having a second alpha kit since there seems to be split opinion on latin only alphas vs having the sublegends.

I also want to just do a brief update that I'll try to post an IC update with the novelties sometime this week or early next week :) I've been busy with work and family stuff with the Lunar New Year and haven't had a chance to put the designs on the keycaps. After that post I'll get some renders done.

Upcoming:

Offline neutralstate

« Reply #24 on: Fri, 14 February 2020, 11:18:28 »
how are things coming along with this set? excited about it :)

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #25 on: Fri, 14 February 2020, 11:28:16 »
In the reference photo, the orange red accents really set off the art imho. Wondering if there's a way to incorporate that into the set here? Maybe even a small novelty set separate from the main.

Offline ghstgrl

• Are you comfy tho?
« Reply #26 on: Mon, 17 February 2020, 17:42:32 »
In the reference photo, the orange red accents really set off the art imho. Wondering if there's a way to incorporate that into the set here? Maybe even a small novelty set separate from the main.

I want to keep the costs down as much as possible so I'm not should add more colors. I'd have to discuss with TKC/Infinikey how much extra kits/colors might impact prices. I'll have a new update soon so more feedback will be taken then :D

how are things coming along with this set? excited about it :)

I'll have an update tomorrow or Wednesday with images of the whole keyset :)! Please look forward to it.

Upcoming:

Offline ghstgrl

• Are you comfy tho?
Re: [IC] Comfy PBT - Daisuke Richard Inspired Keyset - (Update Feb 18)
« Reply #27 on: Tue, 18 February 2020, 17:18:52 »
I've updated the IC with a new form and the core and mega kits to give an idea what the kits might look like :). Added novelties and the pantone colors as well.
Upcoming:

Offline antx1701

« Reply #28 on: Wed, 19 February 2020, 00:08:38 »
Kits look great, but would've loved to see an R3 Pg Up and an R4 Pg Dn added.

Offline Thighs

• Thighs#0100
« Reply #29 on: Wed, 19 February 2020, 15:04:10 »
deskmat?

Offline Rew23

« Reply #30 on: Thu, 20 February 2020, 00:43:46 »
I really like the colorway and the hand drawn aesthetic of the Novelties, with the icon mods. Perhaps if you are looking to incorporate white do it on the novelties or a an option with the space bar kit. I think the Mods matching the Alphas looks clean and would be jarring with white legends for the mod icons.  Either way very interested in this set and hope it makes to GB.

Offline ghstgrl

• Are you comfy tho?
« Reply #31 on: Thu, 20 February 2020, 10:33:14 »
deskmat?

Maybe :D I definitely have some ideas so I'll talk to TKC about it :)
Upcoming:

Offline Rozalin81

« Reply #32 on: Sat, 22 February 2020, 10:12:35 »
This set looks like a mix of Shoko, Bento, and Noel. Love all 3 of those and definitely love this one as well. Hopefully my wallet can cooperate when this gets to GB phase.
Reddit - u/Rozalin81
Discord - Arstallie#4516

Duck Octagon v3 // Vintage Blacks // Modern Dolch

Offline aodaliya1234

« Reply #33 on: Sun, 23 February 2020, 21:43:01 »
love the vibe, keep it going!!

Offline dyka.tran

« Reply #34 on: Mon, 24 February 2020, 09:05:40 »
I really dig this keyset. But, about the onigiri, I somehow feel it's out of place. How about a scarf? Daisuke's girls usually wear a scarf. Scarf = warm = comfy. Unfortunately I'm not artistic enough to expressing this idea by a design.

Offline Waterproof_Salad

« Reply #35 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 11:44:24 »
Any updates?

Offline Han

« Reply #36 on: Tue, 07 April 2020, 11:20:27 »
Any updates for this set? Looking forward to it!

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #37 on: Tue, 07 April 2020, 12:48:02 »
The Enter and Backspace arrows look too big.

Offline Hanabi

• Falling into a black hole.
« Reply #38 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 02:16:29 »
Really cute set. Any updates?

Offline Ravenoxidal

« Reply #39 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 00:51:36 »
Gotta give it to you, there are so comfortable to look at. Such a great feeling. Any updates?

Offline ghstgrl

• Are you comfy tho?
« Reply #40 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 19:21:04 »
Any updates for this set? Looking forward to it!
Really cute set. Any updates?
Gotta give it to you, there are so comfortable to look at. Such a great feeling. Any updates?
Any updates?

Hey! Sorry for the late update I've been swamped at work. No big updates other than it's been sent out for prototyping by TKC! I've also sent in new Insert/Delete cluster legends for feedback.

241841-0

I'm actually not sure if these legends made it into the prototyping process but hopefully it is :) I'll make a bigger update when those come in along with renders by TKC. Thanks for all the continued interest and patience. I'm for sure going to try my best to get this to GB phase at the very least.  :cool:
[/size]

Upcoming:

Offline Wynlith

Thanks for the update! This set is so nice to look at and I'm glad it's still being worked on.

Offline peripherry

This keycap set is so beautiful! I love it, although I'm not sure I like the japanese sublegends- it looks a bit cluttered. Would you consider making a latin only alphas set?

Offline Kaiju

• Kaiju Keycaps
I am pretty sure that if you are able to get this to GB stage, the community will take it from there. It's a great set and I will definitely be in for one.

Offline ghstgrl

• Are you comfy tho?
This keycap set is so beautiful! I love it, although I'm not sure I like the japanese sublegends- it looks a bit cluttered. Would you consider making a latin only alphas set?

Ah yeah there are a number of folks who want latin only alphas. I've brought it up a few times with The Key Company so we'll have to see. It costs more to make additional kits since Infinikey likes to make 'all-in-one' kits (you can see this with the Infinikey PBT Islander caps in GB right now). I'll talk to TKC more about having a latin only alpha kit and how much that might affect costs. However the sublegends will remain as the base kit as it is inspired by a Japanese artist. Hopefully we can get an additional kit without it being too expensive!
Upcoming:

Offline peripherry

Sounds great! Thanks for the quick update/reply, really looking forward to this set :D

Offline lavethyst

Re: [IC] Comfy PBT - Daisuke Richard Inspired Keyset - (Mini Update May 7)
« Reply #46 on: Sun, 28 June 2020, 22:14:50 »
found my way here from discord and just chiming in to say that i love this set and am looking forward to future updates! to echo another comment, i would also potentially be into some sort of chill deskmat. this colour scheme is so nice!

Offline FamDK

Re: [IC] Comfy PBT - Daisuke Richard Inspired Keyset - (Mini Update May 7)
« Reply #47 on: Mon, 29 June 2020, 09:40:53 »
my wife and I love cats so this set really caught our attention. The color schemes blend in well with each other too (at least in my opinion), and the novelties are the cherry on top for me lol. Good luck on the GB, can't wait to see how this do.

Offline ghstgrl

• Are you comfy tho?
Thanks for the new interest! I'll be posting a full update tomorrow after I get more images ready to share! :) I've cleaned up the top post a bit in preparation. <3
Upcoming:

Offline ghstgrl

• Are you comfy tho?
Updated with GB date and proto photos :)!
Upcoming: