Author Topic: Can we talk about SA  (Read 27493 times)

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
Can we talk about SA
« on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 07:33:09 »
Can people please stop. I mean just fkn stop.

Going into every thread about a keyset "why not SA?" "Can you do it in SA"

SA ****ing blows.

vvvv Animated demonstration of SA on MX vvvv

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
Re: Can we talk about SA
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 07:34:03 »
ABS is trash but GMK is still around :^)
I love Elzy

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 07:35:21 »
Wow

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 07:55:25 »
DCS is the only true format #2013
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline bluesclera

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 07:58:41 »
You want to go against free markets? Larry Kudlow would disapprove.

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 08:05:50 »
ABS is trash but GMK is still around :^)

If it isn't beige dye subbed, it's trash.

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 08:06:25 »
You want to go against free markets? Larry Kudlow would disapprove.

Don't bring Larry into this you monster.

Offline bluesclera

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 08:09:34 »
Sorry your right SA blows chunks....now does anyone want to sell their SA Retro to me?

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 08:10:32 »
Sorry your right SA blows chunks....now does anyone want to sell their SA Retro to me?

At least it isn't Troubled Minds

Troubled Memes*

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 08:11:45 »
More Animated video evidence of SA on MX

Offline clappingcactus

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 08:24:35 »
A year on of typing on SA and I feel like I'm over it, too. The dishing of the keys is so close to being flat that I psychologically felt off about the whole typing experience after a while. I never minded that wobble too much.

The entire way to buy it and run it is forked, too.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 09:27:55 »
Sounds like someone is trying to stifle our free speech!

Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 09:38:27 »
Sounds like someone is trying to stifle our free speech!

Show Image

You're not in america anymore. This is the PKCoA (Pretentious Keyboard Community of America)

Only Beige keysets and blocky TKL Aluminum boards allowed here bud.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 10:33:03 »
To be fair, you have to have a very high WPM to understand the SA keysets. The feel is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical typing, most of the keystrokes will go over a typical keeb'ers head. There's also MiTo's superior designing, which is deftly woven into SA's characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from K3's cap making, for instance. The SA fans understand this stuff; they have the typing capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these keysets, to realize that they're not just "a keyset"- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike SA keysets truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the feeling of clackery in MiTo's existencial catchphrase "MiTo signing off, goodbye Geekhack," which itself is a cryptic reference to the terror that SA owners had to live in, during the "DCS time". I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Pulse's genius design unfolds itself under their fingers. What fools... how I pity them. 😂 And yes by the way, I DO have a Godspeed tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the clackers' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 WPM of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.  :rolleyes:

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 10:38:46 »
To be fair, you have to have a very high WPM to understand the SA keysets. The feel is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical typing, most of the keystrokes will go over a typical keeb'ers head. There's also MiTo's superior designing, which is deftly woven into SA's characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from K3's cap making, for instance. The SA fans understand this stuff; they have the typing capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these keysets, to realize that they're not just "a keyset"- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike SA keysets truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the feeling of clackery in MiTo's existencial catchphrase "MiTo signing off, goodbye Geekhack," which itself is a cryptic reference to the terror that SA owners had to live in, during the "DCS time". I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Pulse's genius design unfolds itself under their fingers. What fools... how I pity them. 😂 And yes by the way, I DO have a Godspeed tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the clackers' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 WPM of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.  :rolleyes:

This is the best post on this forum. It's all downhill from here. :))

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 10:40:15 »
And yes by the way, I DO have a Godspeed tattoo.

****in lost it

Offline zslane

« Reply #16 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 11:48:42 »

I so wish you weren't joking...  :thumb:

Offline mogo

• handshoes and horse grenades
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 12:01:31 »
****ing seriously. Get with G20 and stop being a waste of everyone's time.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 12:38:26 »

Same.

I wish for more drama so I can keep on ****posting  :rolleyes:

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 13:02:05 »

Same.

There should be more drama, since I wasn't joking.

I know it might seem like it considering SA is a joke.

Offline MajorKoos

• 1 life please. Extra large.
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 13:04:33 »
I generally hate all keycaps. Keycaps are for poofs. Real men touchtype on stems. Non-functional artisans are awesome, I use them for the ESC key ... escape is for cowards anyways, real men go frontal assault.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 13:05:32 »

Same.

GH doesn't have near the obsession with SA as reddit does, if you wanted drama you should've posted there dummy.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #22 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 13:09:45 »

Same.

GH doesn't have near the obsession with SA as reddit does, if you wanted drama you should've posted there dummy.
Dont feel like reddit would get the joke

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #23 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 13:11:59 »

Same.

Which makes the drama that much sweeter!

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #24 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 13:14:09 »

Same.

Im just gonna post this threadlink there and write "GH elitists at it again"

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #25 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 13:30:57 »

Same.

Im just gonna post this threadlink there and write "GH elitists at it again"

:joy: :gottem3:

Offline zslane

« Reply #26 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 13:33:52 »
I wonder if the SA hate is for the mere idea of high-profile spherical keycaps, or just for SA in particular.

SA isn't perfect, but it's the only high-profile spherical family available. MT3 will be out soon-ish, and it has the potential to be superior in terms of keycap shapes, but it only offers dyesub legends which limits its appeal dramatically. So I'd say there are definitely legitimate reasons to find SA or MT3 disappointing, but the only reason to hate either is if you hate high-profile sphericals as a concept.

And that's okay I suppose; I categorically dislike all cylindrical keycaps simply because they are so relentlessly prosaic and commonplace, so I can see how others might resent dislike all high-profile sphericals for being too classy and sophisticated.  :p

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #27 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 13:40:51 »
I wonder if the SA hate is for the mere idea of high-profile spherical keycaps, or just for SA in particular.

SA isn't perfect, but it's the only high-profile spherical family available. MT3 will be out soon-ish, and it has the potential to be superior in terms of keycap shapes, but it only offers dyesub legends which limits its appeal dramatically. So I'd say there are definitely legitimate reasons to find SA or MT3 disappointing, but the only reason to hate either is if you hate high-profile sphericals as a concept.

And that's okay I suppose; I categorically dislike all cylindrical keycaps simply because they are so relentlessly prosaic and commonplace, so I can see how others might resent dislike all high-profile sphericals for being too classy and sophisticated.  :p

I specifically hate SA.

Dont think MX is a good mount for tall spherical caps.

Plus it has essentially become a meme profile.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #28 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 13:44:29 »

I think that SA actually looks quite nice in pictures and renders, but after using it I really didn't like typing on high-profile caps so it probably isn't specifically SA, just high-profile caps in general.

Offline zslane

« Reply #29 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 13:45:38 »
Yeah, the wobble is definitely noticeable. Luckily, it doesn't bother me.

What do you mean SA has become a meme profile? I don't see how the definition of meme fits in this context.

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #30 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 14:02:38 »
Yeah, the wobble is definitely noticeable. Luckily, it doesn't bother me.

What do you mean SA has become a meme profile? I don't see how the definition of meme fits in this context.

Meme is a term I use to insult things as well as refer to other things. I was insulting SA by marginalizing it as a meme cap rather than a real cap.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #31 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 14:27:52 »
I am guy on couch and I approve this thread :thumb:

Pst.. Signature... post it..

Offline Doluded

• road to black star
« Reply #32 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 14:43:50 »
SA.... sucks

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #33 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 16:10:00 »
i dislike it

the sound is cool, but i think it's too tall to type on comfortably
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline zslane

« Reply #34 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 17:15:18 »
My only refutation is that I find SA quite comfortable to type on. I think if SA was uncomfortable to type on then I would have discovered that by now, having used SA almost exclusively for the last two years.

For an example of a high-profile spherical keycap family that is not (as) comfortable to type on, I refer you to Topre's Hi-Pro keycap set.

Offline Sissy

« Reply #35 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 21:22:52 »
My feelings on SA are neutral, I dont hate them but not my preference.
that said I would kill for the trouble minds adapter kit so I can use that set again, god that set needs a relaunch.

Offline potatobot

• Her Endgame
  • GMK BLACK LOTUS
« Reply #36 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 22:49:01 »
As a random person on the internet, i approve of this hate towards SA profile thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline JohanAR

« Reply #37 on: Sat, 14 October 2017, 03:18:54 »
I generally hate all keycaps. Keycaps are for poofs. Real men touchtype on stems. Non-functional artisans are awesome, I use them for the ESC key ... escape is for cowards anyways, real men go frontal assault.

neovim
bindkey -v in zsh
cVim for Vivaldi

Esc is one of the most important keys on the board..

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
« Reply #38 on: Sat, 14 October 2017, 03:24:41 »
I am not a fan of SA either. Got pulse in SA and the sold it immediately.
Biking is fun.

Offline zslane

« Reply #39 on: Sat, 14 October 2017, 11:16:08 »
I'd wager that most SA haters tried their first set predisposed to disliking them, or at the very least highly skeptical. Consequently, confirmation bias combined with too little time acclimating to them led to a dismissive attitude that grew into "hate" as the profile grew in popularity around them. These are called "snap judgments", and they carry little to no rhetorical weight.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #40 on: Sat, 14 October 2017, 11:30:23 »
I'd wager that most SA haters tried their first set predisposed to disliking them, or at the very least highly skeptical. Consequently, confirmation bias combined with too little time acclimating to them led to a dismissive attitude that grew into "hate" as the profile grew in popularity around them. These are called "snap judgments", and they carry little to no rhetorical weight.
DONT👏JUDGE👏SA👏WHEN👏YOU👏CARRY👏NO👏RHETORICAL👏WEIGHT

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #41 on: Sat, 14 October 2017, 11:31:49 »

I admittedly did this. Could you send me a set so I can try it again?

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #42 on: Sat, 14 October 2017, 11:52:57 »

I been trying to like SA, I tried SA on and off for close to a month. I will admit Its gone from pure hatred to I can tolerate SA. Still its by no means my favorite profile. I find that it fatigues my hands far quicker then cherry profile are DSA.. That being said I really like DSA profile go figure its one of my favorites. Also I find the hollow thunk that a set of SA keys gives off bit unsettling. I continue to use my SA key's for the simple fact. I would like to get use to them at some point cause don't want to limit my self on key drops just cause of a profile.

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #43 on: Sat, 14 October 2017, 16:08:26 »
SA blows but man do I like Penumbra Solarized

thanks pizza pug

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #44 on: Sat, 14 October 2017, 17:59:17 »

It looks cool to  :-\
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #45 on: Sat, 14 October 2017, 23:26:34 »
My feelings on SA are neutral, I dont hate them but not my preference.
that said I would kill for the trouble minds adapter kit so I can use that set again, god that set needs a relaunch.

Troubled minds is literally my least favorite keyset of all time. I would use a dell stock set from an early 2010's rubber dome over that set.

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #46 on: Sat, 14 October 2017, 23:28:51 »

Tried a set when i was fresh into keyboards, and used for about a month. Sold after that because the wobble threw me off. The main reason i wanted to get into keyboards was for the fact that SA even existed and caught my attention, So no predisposition of hate here. But i will give it credit for OK looks, ON CERTAIN BOARDS.

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #47 on: Sun, 15 October 2017, 04:40:05 »
To be fair, you have to have a very high WPM to understand the SA keysets. The feel is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical typing, most of the keystrokes will go over a typical keeb'ers head. There's also MiTo's superior designing, which is deftly woven into SA's characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from K3's cap making, for instance. The SA fans understand this stuff; they have the typing capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these keysets, to realize that they're not just "a keyset"- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike SA keysets truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the feeling of clackery in MiTo's existencial catchphrase "MiTo signing off, goodbye Geekhack," which itself is a cryptic reference to the terror that SA owners had to live in, during the "DCS time". I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Pulse's genius design unfolds itself under their fingers. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Godspeed tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the clackers' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 WPM of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.  :rolleyes:

Haha damn. I’d like to see that godspeed tattoo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Sissy

« Reply #48 on: Sun, 15 October 2017, 06:34:31 »
I don't buy into keyboard meme meta, I got my first SA set just on the fact I liked the colours and used it for a fairly long time.
I recently received my Dasher/Dancer set so I'm sure that I will use them on a couple future boards I'm in GBs for just to see how they feel.

Offline totallycaked

• You wouldn't like me when I'm angry
« Reply #49 on: Sun, 15 October 2017, 13:03:47 »
Never had an SA set, but I'm very interested in trying it out. Wish there was a meetup in my area so I could try before I buy. Oh well, I'll just stick with my cherry and DCS profile peasantry