Author Topic: Top 10 most SILENT keyboard switches of all time  (Read 1810 times)

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
Top 10 most SILENT keyboard switches of all time
« on: Sat, 20 October 2018, 07:41:52 »
There you go, it's finally here! This was a pretty difficult one to produce xD . Hope you like the video! :)

Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline Blue_Moon

Re: Top 10 most SILENT keyboard switches of all time
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 21 October 2018, 14:05:53 »
thanks for that video. i enjoyed it. i've been using a type-s at work for the past couple of years, but recently got an ergodox with silent red switches, so it's good to see how they compare. i'm glad someone was able to lend you their type-s for the video

Offline Hayte

Re: Top 10 most SILENT keyboard switches of all time
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 21 October 2018, 16:10:29 »
Hah, I work in a law firm and we have HP rubber domes everywhere. The person next to me has a Lenovo KB1021 however and that thing is pretty nice. The down stroke is a bit heavy so it gets tiring to type on after a while but it has survived way longer than I ever expected a rubber dome to last and it has been through hell. People in offices never treat their workstations well (not like you how you treat your own stuff, paid for with your own money).

The KB1021 is still in perfect working order, whereas I killed 2x Enermax Auroras in the past 6 years. The scissor switches in the Aurora are quite nice and very quiet but Auroras are impossible to find now. The only reason I ended up using Auroras at work is because the new OEM PCs we get from Lenovo come with the crappest of the crap tier chiclet rubber domes. The pad printed legends wear off within a month and the keys bind horribly after a while. If you go back 10 to 15 years though when OEM PCs shipped with like PS/2 rubber dome keyboards, some of them were actually pretty good.