Author Topic: [GB] Fox Lab - Time 80 Reforged  (Read 271680 times)

Offline Mish

it'll come when it comes, just chill out lmao

Is it really that bad to ask for an update? I totally understand that "it'll come when it comes" but some of us appreciate a bit of communication which we haven't had on here in a long while. If it is unreasonable then by all means carry on.

Offline Minam

That might be true but an update or two would be nice since I am paying for this.
I mean, I paid for it too but I know that it'll get to me when it's my time.

cool then shut up and wait. Let other people who want an update ask for one, who the hell asked you?

Offline kriscard

There is a real lack of communication here! Some news are on Instagram but nothing here and there is no discord server.
I mean I like your keyboard and I’m sure it will be an amazing one, but If you have any kind of issues with the delivery, it will be better to be transparent with us “the client”.
Thanks

Offline HoodrowThrillson

That might be true but an update or two would be nice since I am paying for this.
I mean, I paid for it too but I know that it'll get to me when it's my time.

cool then shut up and wait. Let other people who want an update ask for one, who the hell asked you?
monka
[Mostly] Retired from Keyboards
Typing on: TKL One - Zealios v1 - 55g TX Springs, TX Films, Lubed with 205g0 - Xiami Beige Cadet + RGB
Collection: IDB60 (gone), Austere (gone), Matrix 1.2og (gone), Matrix 2.0add (gone), RS (so lit), Infinitum (gone), THRILL Proto (destroyed), Matrix 2.0add xmas Starry Night (gone), RS60 (traded), MC65 (traded), Jane v1 CE (gone), GSKT-00 (gone), TKL One Poly (returned), TKL One, RS60, Serenity Proto, Boulevard Proto

Offline xrodes212x

There is a real lack of communication here! Some news are on Instagram but nothing here and there is no discord server.
I mean I like your keyboard and I’m sure it will be an amazing one, but If you have any kind of issues with the delivery, it will be better to be transparent with us “the client”.
Thanks
Spoken like a true scholar ! Honestly couldn’t have said it better.

Offline Auracity

People are allowed to ask for updates for an item they paid 525+ for. Chill out and allow some mans. Asking in this thread will do literally nothing, but no need to flame.

Offline xrodes212x

People are allowed to ask for updates for an item they paid 525+ for. Chill out and allow some mans. Asking in this thread will do literally nothing, but no need to flame.

I truly am sorry if I bother you with my asking but this is the last spot I can contact them seeing as I have emailed them and hit them up on Instagram for updates and have received none. I’m not the only one who has done this. The question of the century is where are our keyboards ahaha

Offline KurageOuji

do we know the dimensions of the board? i want to commission a custom wrist rest for it

Offline senter

• * Maker

There will be 7 batches in total. Here's a photo of the second batch being shipped to HK DHL Express proxy warehouse. I haven't got the tracking numbers yet for the second batch orders due to their recent vacations.

All the rest batches will be shipped out by the end of May.

One thing that has been holding us so long is the QC of the E-clear brass weight.

We didn't notice this issue in the first round QC as it's really not that noticeable in real world.
But once you noticed the issues (the water marks around the screw holes), you can't ignore them.
Such issues exist on this part only. It doesn't happen on the E-clear brass bars or the plates.
We've been trying to solve this problem for a while. The reason of these marks is the residual of chemical polishing solutions around the screw holes.
Re-coating the brass parts sometime can improve the qualified rate but still not very high.
I've some custom rubber inserts for filling the screw holes during the E-coating. This should solve the problem.
Re-coating the parts and ordering the custom rubber inserts cost a lot of money, but we hope to deliver perfect kit to you that you've been waiting for so long.

This is the first time I run the GB through a shopify store. There are still many functions that I'm not familiar with. I'll try to figure out a better way to update the GB status moving forward. Right now the best way to contact me is still sending emails to me, the gmail one, not the 163 one.
Please don't keep sending me emails literally every day (some people do), which is very annoying to me when I'm doing my best on the boards under pressure and in such a bad circumstance (CNY holiday, covid, rising prices on everything, shortages on everything). I can only block your email address for cases like that.
I welcome all the update requests who asked politely.

Offline lovidore

Take all the time you need my dude. Thank you for the update and godspeed!

Offline Brixzz

Thanks a lot for the update! Also huge thanks for ensuring that you deliver high quality boards. Looking forward to receiving mine whenever it arrives!

Since it‘s probably not possible to change the top part anymore: I ordered an e-white Time80 without windows key blockers, but my preferemces have shifted since then and I‘d prefer to have a WKL. If there’s anyone out there willing to trade their e-white wkl top for my e-white wk top, hit me up on Discord: Brixzz#2369

Thanks a lot for the update! Also huge thanks for ensuring that you deliver high quality boards. Looking forward to receiving mine whenever it arrives!

Since it‘s probably not possible to change the top part anymore: I ordered an e-white Time80 without windows key blockers, but my preferemces have shifted since then and I‘d prefer to have a WKL. If there’s anyone out there willing to trade their e-white wkl top for my e-white wk top, hit me up on Discord: Brixzz#2369

WKL master race

Take all the time you need my dude. Thank you for the update and godspeed!

+1 please take as much time as possible, would rather have weights that are in great condition.
« Last Edit: Fri, 02 April 2021, 16:51:56 by directheatedtriode »

Offline grimis

I'm not sure what I'm looking for in that picture. Is the the long streaks that extend in a line from the screw holes?

Offline Jedi

Dang now that you mention the streaks I can't unsee them either.  Still worth whatever wait there is in getting this board, plenty of other things for me to get done in the meantime.  Thanks for the updates and working so hard on completing this groupbuy and for the opportunity to join.

Offline 24kpurehandsome

Thank you for working so hard to make the board as perfect as possible on this Group Buy!

Offline Gnarled

I'm not sure what I'm looking for in that picture. Is the the long streaks that extend in a line from the screw holes?

Yeah, seems like they hang up-side-down text wise so the fluid dribbles from the screw holes, leaving those streaks.

Offline paulh

Wait what "2020?" We're getting last year's model?  Lol, J/K. 

Looking great and keep up the great work!

Offline kaemon

Re: [GB] Fox Lab - Time 80 Reforged
« Reply #367 on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 10:37:37 »
I think I got my tracking :D US-SC here
apparently delivering on Wednesday

Offline itwasyohan

« Reply #368 on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 11:05:34 »
Ayy good ****!

Offline lazergician

« Reply #369 on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 13:27:35 »
I think I got my tracking :D US-SC here
apparently delivering on Wednesday

Very jealous! You'll have to post pictures so we can live vicariously through you  :))

Offline kaemon

« Reply #370 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 12:11:16 »
just arrived!
very beautiful, will be adding pictures here soon :)

« Last Edit: Wed, 14 April 2021, 12:59:02 by kaemon »

Offline polarhanakan

« Reply #371 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 13:24:52 »
just arrived!
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Omg!!! Looks amazing! Can’t wait for mine to ship.

Offline Mish

« Reply #372 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 14:10:15 »
just arrived!
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Looks super good!  :) Looking forward to my shipping info. Has anyone received shipping that got the powder coated colors?

Offline Tekniqs

« Reply #373 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 14:28:56 »
looking real nice! can't wait for mine but probably will be delayed compared to the others due to the brass additions.

Offline Hell-es

« Reply #374 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 14:30:20 »
Daaaaaaamn, should‘ve jumped into this

Offline Nef

« Reply #375 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 14:43:14 »
Will there be a way to purchase an extra plate and pcb? Looking forward to getting my unit  :D

Offline e_bb

« Reply #376 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 15:16:11 »
Received mine as well. Also black/gold.

Edit: Anyone have any luck getting the PCB recognized in VIA?
I flashed with the FW mentioned on the github page here https://fox-lab.github.io/gbs/Time80RE.html

Thanks
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 April 2021, 17:38:06 by e_bb »
start typing properly

« Reply #377 on: Thu, 15 April 2021, 06:12:27 »
Is everyone that is receiving theirs have the aluminum weight?

Offline xrodes212x

« Reply #378 on: Thu, 15 April 2021, 12:22:41 »

Is yours powder coat? I heard powdercoat is going out last!

Offline 24kpurehandsome

« Reply #379 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 17:55:02 »
Did they ship the brass ones yet?
I am still waiting for mine.
E-White over here.
Also anyone wants to a split plate and an hotswappable pcb?
I want trade it for the full plate and solder.

Offline HaX

« Reply #380 on: Sat, 17 April 2021, 15:32:41 »
Did they ship the brass ones yet?
I am still waiting for mine.
E-White over here.
Also anyone wants to a split plate and an hotswappable pcb?
I want trade it for the full plate and solder.

I ordered e-white with brass. I am still waiting. He said there’s 7 batch shipments until May though. So just have to wait and hope that your in an earlier batch I suppose.

Offline Pauzzz

« Reply #381 on: Mon, 19 April 2021, 13:55:13 »
Mine came in last week, they sent a text to my phone with shipping information. Here's a quick photo of the box, might post later when built.

Offline tsolin01

« Reply #382 on: Mon, 19 April 2021, 17:20:01 »
Mine came in last week, they sent a text to my phone with shipping information. Here's a quick photo of the box, might post later when built.

Nice! What color combo did you get and did you have one with brass parts?

Offline xrodes212x

« Reply #383 on: Mon, 19 April 2021, 20:28:16 »
Anyone know when the next batch goes out?

Offline jyojoh

• I'll eat your lube
    • Twitch
« Reply #384 on: Mon, 26 April 2021, 10:04:31 »
Anybody seen or have photos of the any of the powder blue units yet? Interested to see how that color turned out :)

Offline kiyoboard

• https://www.youtube.com/kiyoboard
« Reply #385 on: Mon, 26 April 2021, 10:37:12 »
Anybody seen or have photos of the any of the powder blue units yet? Interested to see how that color turned out :)

I don't have any insider knowledge :), but I believe coating ones are not ready yet. I have an order for coating grey, which is the same coating type as blue, and I haven't heard anything about it so far. Still waiting for that shipping notification :D

Offline xrodes212x

« Reply #386 on: Mon, 26 April 2021, 11:10:28 »

I don't have any insider knowledge :), but I believe coating ones are not ready yet. I have an order for coating grey, which is the same coating type as blue, and I haven't heard anything about it so far. Still waiting for that shipping notification :D

Same here. Got powder coat grey and still nothing on my end of info or updates or shipping.

Offline //gainsborough

• ALPSの日常
« Reply #387 on: Mon, 26 April 2021, 11:54:36 »
I think the brass weight boards are also still being refinished.  I got white with brass and haven’t received shipping info yet.

I’m fine waiting, though.  I’ve pretty much joined every GB senter has run through GH - never been disappointed!  As far as I’m concerned he’s the gold standard when it comes to GBs.

Offline kiyoboard

« Reply #388 on: Mon, 26 April 2021, 12:51:52 »
I think the brass weight boards are also still being refinished.  I got white with brass and haven’t received shipping info yet.

I’m fine waiting, though.  I’ve pretty much joined every GB senter has run through GH - never been disappointed!  As far as I’m concerned he’s the gold standard when it comes to GBs.

Yeah, I am not worried at all, based on their history. Just looking forward to it.

Offline Curin Derwin

« Reply #389 on: Mon, 26 April 2021, 13:21:32 »
power blue and gray with brass weight here as well

Offline grew_in_CO

« Reply #390 on: Mon, 26 April 2021, 14:47:16 »
For those of you who have received your boards, does the split plate work with both the hotswap and the solder pcb?

Offline Auracity

« Reply #391 on: Mon, 26 April 2021, 15:05:56 »
No issues with the powder coat. Just hasn't been in the batches yet.

« Reply #392 on: Mon, 26 April 2021, 18:22:58 »

Yes one of them was powder. I'm just curious if people are having them show up without tracking? I'm not in a hurry to get them, just we go to the lake house most weekends and our neighbor gets our mail.

I'd also love to do a fairly clean deskmat with watch movement if anyone is interested. Maybe one with art showing the movement "expanded" with various pieces in different planes.
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 April 2021, 18:26:01 by directheatedtriode »

Offline shansoft

« Reply #393 on: Tue, 27 April 2021, 00:20:39 »

Yes one of them was powder. I'm just curious if people are having them show up without tracking? I'm not in a hurry to get them, just we go to the lake house most weekends and our neighbor gets our mail.

I'd also love to do a fairly clean deskmat with watch movement if anyone is interested. Maybe one with art showing the movement "expanded" with various pieces in different planes.

I order both silver and powder coat, and none of them show up yet. I haven't heard anything other than first batch sent out. There has been nearly no communication that I know of.

Offline daethon

« Reply #394 on: Wed, 28 April 2021, 14:41:38 »
Do you expect to have any extras for sale? If so, have you figured out which vendor will be selling it?
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 April 2021, 16:10:57 by daethon »

Offline outerspace

« Reply #395 on: Wed, 28 April 2021, 16:47:23 »

Are you going to do a IC on this? I'd be very much interested in a watch movement themed deskmat, it is only fitting to have one!

« Reply #396 on: Wed, 28 April 2021, 18:15:46 »

Are you going to do a IC on this? I'd be very much interested in a watch movement themed deskmat, it is only fitting to have one!

Yeah I'm looking into it, it might be a month or so before I can find an artist and get serious about it so a couple of months before an IC thread shows up. My thinking was with art that looks sort of like that Cherry switch deskmat that has the switch taken apart, except clean and not labelled with the text.

People can PM me if they'd like or would like to help/know artists, I don't want to go off topic in senter's thread.

Offline grew_in_CO

« Reply #397 on: Wed, 28 April 2021, 19:40:26 »
Do you expect to have any extras for sale? If so, have you figured out which vendor will be selling it?

I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but...there are a lot of us who haven't received our boards yet....and you're asking for extras?

Maybe check back in June or something, or follow their Instagram.

Offline KVLT

« Reply #398 on: Thu, 29 April 2021, 00:49:17 »
there was an e-white kit sold on reddit for 8-900usd. might be a scam... idk...
but if you're thirsty enough..
the bad guy wins in this one

Offline daethon

« Reply #399 on: Thu, 29 April 2021, 10:31:49 »

I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but...there are a lot of us who haven't received our boards yet....and you're asking for extras?

Maybe check back in June or something, or follow their Instagram.

I ddin't ask with any timeline in mind, I do appreciate you respectfully responding, I figured at this stage they'd know if they were expecting to have extras, or not, and wanted to make sure I was on the mailing lists for whatever vendors they might be planning on working with. I don't use / can't stand Instagram, so I am out of the loop on stuff.