geekhack Community > Other Geeky Stuff

What Linux Distro do the Linux users of GH use?

<< < (2/550) > >>

rowdy:
Ubuntu at the moment, but all new servers are created with CentOS and I'm trying to find excuses (and time0 to upgrade Ubuntu servers to CentOS.

esko997:

--- Quote from: hashbaz on Sat, 29 March 2014, 23:06:43 ---Redhat at work, Windows at home.  If I did serious coding at home I would definitely have a linux install, but for browsing and chatting Windows does just fine.  In the past I've done dual boot setups with Ubuntu and Fedora at home and ended up never booting them.

--- End quote ---

Do you like Redhat? I could never get into it -- the way everything is organized in the file system has always really bugged me.

esko997:

--- Quote from: esko997 on Sat, 29 March 2014, 23:08:48 ---
--- Quote from: hashbaz on Sat, 29 March 2014, 23:06:43 ---Redhat at work, Windows at home.  If I did serious coding at home I would definitely have a linux install, but for browsing and chatting Windows does just fine.  In the past I've done dual boot setups with Ubuntu and Fedora at home and ended up never booting them.

--- End quote ---

Do you like Redhat? I could never get into it -- the way everything is organized in the file system has always really bugged me.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: rowdy on Sat, 29 March 2014, 23:08:20 ---Ubuntu at the moment, but all new servers are created with CentOS and I'm trying to find excuses (and time0 to upgrade Ubuntu servers to CentOS.

--- End quote ---

Do you like CentOS. Have a few servers at work that use it but it drives me up a wall.

Vibex:

--- Quote from: esko997 on Sat, 29 March 2014, 23:07:25 ---
--- Quote from: Vibex on Sat, 29 March 2014, 23:01:49 ---I use funtoo, and it was my first linux distro. I'm planning on trying arch some time soon on one of my spare computers though.

--- End quote ---

Been meaning to try funtoo, whats the longest you've had an install for?

--- End quote ---
I only just jumped on the linux bandwagon, so I've been using it for about 4 months. Haven't really run into any problems. It's definitely worth a try, but if you don't have the time/patience to compile everything, then it's a horrible choice.

swill:
Using Arch on my RasPi. Ubuntu at work when I have the choice. We have a lot of CentOS running in production at work, so I spend a lot of time with it. I want to spend some time with Linux Mint when I have a chance.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version