geekhack Community > Keyboards

Wired Magazine Reviews the Das Keyboard Professional Model S

(1/20) > >>

Techno Trousers:
Some very nice mechanical keyboard love from the mainstream press! Maybe the function/media keys will help win over the Logitech/Razer crowd too.

http://www.wired.com/reviews/product/pr_das_keyboard

quadibloc:

--- Quote from: Techno Trousers;122553 ---Some very nice mechanical keyboard love from the mainstream press!
--- End quote ---

Although the statement "IBM and Lexmark have long since abandoned the Model M" must be causing sad faces over at Unicomp.

Techno Trousers:

--- Quote from: quadibloc;122562 ---Although the statement "IBM and Lexmark have long since abandoned the Model M" must be causing sad faces over at Unicomp.
--- End quote ---
Well, at least they did mention Unicomp at the end of the review.

--- Quote from: webwit ---
5. Cherry Blue switches, aimed at beginners who are impressed by clicky sounds or non-beginning douchebags who want to impress people by pressing small leafs of metal while typing. It is a b-switch.
--- End quote ---
Hey now, I happen to love my Filco 104 tactile click. We're all here for the love of mechanical switches, whatever flavor we prefer, right?

As for the controller issues, perhaps they've addressed that. They would have had to do some reprogramming to support the media functions on the F-keys. I'm going to reserve judgment until someone here gets one and really puts it through the ringer.

wellington1869:

--- Quote from: ripster;122576 ---Got around to reading Webwit's post:

Show Image
--- End quote ---

How did you get a picture of webwit's bag?

msiegel:

--- Quote from: webwit;122558 ---Bernays would have been proud
--- End quote ---

i agree. beautiful marketing! :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version