geekhack Marketplace > KeyClack

Topre Dome Replacements (Complete? Wasn't a GB tho.)

<< < (2/111) > >>

romevi:
That sounds awesome!

yomammary:
So I guess the spring would also make a 55g board into 65g?  :eek:
Count me in.

duynguyenle:

--- Quote from: jchan94 on Sat, 20 August 2016, 15:35:32 ---
--- Quote from: xondat on Sat, 20 August 2016, 15:29:50 ---Cool idea.

I use two springs on my Realforce spacebar, so having different weights would be great to offer. Something like 10g, 20g, and 40g?

--- End quote ---

Different weights are definitely the way to go. I'd personally want to try a 52g topre.

--- Quote from: kawasaki161 on Sat, 20 August 2016, 15:28:04 ---Definitely a cool idea, if it works out at the end I'll maybe buy some to test them out.
Are you still working on the MX springs or was that plan dropped?

--- End quote ---

MX is in the back burner right now and was going to get canceled with spirits GB but it looks like I might have to manufacture that.

For now,  focused more on topre since it's something I'd personally like to have more :)

--- End quote ---

From my understanding of Topre switches, the tactile feedback and most of the weighting of the switch is provided by the domes, not the swpring, so swapping to a heavier weight spring to similate 55g may not provide the same feel as an actual Topre 55g dome, is this correct? I feel we need more testing  ;)

(I don't currently have any Topre boards, having sold my Novatouch, but I do have a so-called 'Nopre' clone from Royal Kludge with 55g actuation (supposedly, I haven't quantitatively tested this yet). Would be interested to find out if it would work with this board and how aftermarket springs affect the actuation distance (If I recall, the spring is actually the sensing element of the capacitive detection mechanism)

xondat:
You're putting a 10g switch under the keycap/on the stem, not in the keyboard itself. Effectively it will add 10g.

duynguyenle:

--- Quote from: xondat on Mon, 22 August 2016, 10:49:30 ---You're putting a 10g switch under the keycap/on the stem, not in the keyboard itself. Effectively it will add 10g.

--- End quote ---

I see, I think I misunderstood, I thought we are trying to replace the capacitive spring under the dome itself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version