Author Topic: Glorious Holy Pandas... DAIM !!!  (Read 7127 times)

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
Glorious Holy Pandas... DAIM !!!
« on: Sat, 05 September 2020, 05:17:52 »
Anyone ordered Glorious Holy Pandas?
First and last time you can do that, after first batch, they will be JUST Glorious Pandas :D

I wanted to try real Holy Pandas, but apparently there is huge issue around them nowadays.

I hope these will be similar experience.

Or I could just buy Halo True on Drop and swap stems, to have 100% real Holy Pandas. I understand this would be the proess?
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 October 2020, 18:18:17 by phinix »
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
Re: Glorious Holy Pandas
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 05 September 2020, 07:40:33 »
Honestly just about all HP clones feel just the same as OG HPs. It's all about the Halo stem & a stiff leaf, the housings & molds they came from really don't have much to do with it TBH. Also I highly doubt Glorious found the original molds as first supposed they were lost, then found but broken, then supposedly Drop got them & retooled them to make their HPs, now all of the sudden Glorious has them & supposedly there was nothing wrong with them.....  Personally I think it's all BS about the molds & each of them made their own, cause like I said before the housing molds really do not matter to HPs. That said the Glorious versions should feel very similar to OG HPs with their stems & Halo stems. They might not have the rain drop bottom out that using Halo stems gives with the stock stems, but feel wise I don't see them being any different than any other HP as long as Glorious uses stiff leaves in them.
« Last Edit: Sat, 05 September 2020, 07:42:16 by Rob27shred »

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 05 September 2020, 09:53:45 »
I mean just ANY good feeling switch i would pick up if it didn't have shipping fees

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 05 September 2020, 13:39:49 »
Will be more or less the same ~   ~
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline SpinningHook

• "I can't know how to hear anymore about tables!."
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 05 September 2020, 14:28:29 »
I was initially resisting the impulse to purchase them, since I already have plenty of NK Blueberries and Drop HP r2s, but I decided to get two packs so that I could compare them with the other two.

Plus, because of the name fiasco, those boxes for the inital round are going to be worth billions and trillions, some day (irrefutable science fact).
"Brevity is the soul of wit."

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 05 September 2020, 16:12:25 »
What I'd like to see is some innovation with Holy Pandas, like a silencing dampener on the stem like Zilents. I have to imagine this would be really popular.

Offline phinix

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 05 September 2020, 16:51:26 »
Sweet, I ordered 3 packs for myself.

Maybe those boxes will be worth loads in a while, being only one batch released with this name.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 08 September 2020, 16:15:25 »
What I'd like to see is some innovation with Holy Pandas, like a silencing dampener on the stem like Zilents. I have to imagine this would be really popular.

Yes but then the travel would be decreased even more , plus where would the dampeners be?  ?

Offline phinix

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 08 September 2020, 16:52:41 »
Would you guys use film on these?
I never used films, dont know what they would do...

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 08 September 2020, 21:15:05 »
you have to see the top housing wobble
'
If there's no wobble then no point

To quote Mr. Black Simon who is not my friend

Films are used for a problem and if there is no problem then they should not be used

Offline phinix

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 09 September 2020, 02:34:43 »
you have to see the top housing wobble
'
If there's no wobble then no point

To quote Mr. Black Simon who is not my friend

Films are used for a problem and if there is no problem then they should not be used

Thanks, that helps, I'll how they wobble when receive it and make decision then.

Offline phinix

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 22 October 2020, 18:14:56 »
Glorious Holy Pandas came in and I am shocked... how good these are.
I never liked mx browns, or clears, or Zealios - they always had a small travel distance before tactile bump and I didn't like it.

These came in and I first tried 4 of them mounted on hot swap. They were.. wow... amazing. Felt like topre, but bump is more visible.
At this moment I have them with OG Cherry, but I will try them will all my caps, SA, MDA, XDA and MT3.
I bet MT3 will be amazing.

And the sound - these are a lot louder than Tealios I had on that board before. But I love the thock, so awesome:D
Not sure if I will lube them - so far they are pretty smooth, not butter smooth like Tealios, but I don't feel them scratchy.
I am really shocked, I had a feeling that I will like them but these are amazing, tons more than I expected.

254280-0

254282-1
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 October 2020, 18:16:46 by phinix »

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
Re: Glorious Holy Pandas... DAIM !!!
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 24 October 2020, 22:18:19 »
Definitely very tactile switches, but not my thing. if you like the top bump I'd recommend U4 by gazzew

Offline diazel

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 27 October 2020, 11:58:41 »
yeah man. I didn't get the glorious or the OG HP, but I got the second batch from Drop. Regardless of all of the controversy surrounding them, they are fantastic switches. They make my top 5 - capacitive buckling spring, holy panda, silenced Niz (Topre clone - I like them better than Topre), Sakurios (w/205g0), and NK Creams.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 27 October 2020, 14:35:23 »
I do plan on eventually snagging some, just not sure what I will be using them in - maybe mod one of my CM QuickFire TK's to house these.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 29 October 2020, 22:20:59 »
just to warn you guys. they are very loud. The tactile snapping sound is louder than the other tactiles I have ,  and the bottom out from the reduced travel makes a loud clack sound

Offline phinix

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 04 November 2020, 15:36:54 »
OK, I'm about to lube them.
Should I lube:
- just springs?
- springs and stems?
- Springs, stems and legs?

I need to decide now as I don't want to re-open and re-lube etc
People say that if you lube legs, then you would lose tactility - is it really that easy to lose it? I like smoothness, that is why I'm leaning towards lubing it all. I dont want to lose tactility though...

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 05 November 2020, 23:46:27 »
Should I lube:
- just springs?
- springs and stems?

People say that if you lube legs, then you would lose tactility - is it really that easy to lose it? I like smoothness, that is why I'm leaning towards lubing it all. I dont want to lose tactility though...

Lube everything but the legs. Do they bottom out on the pole, like Halo stems? If so, you can decide to lube the pole and "stem well?" to mute the sound or leave it dry for the clack.

Offline phinix

« Reply #18 on: Fri, 06 November 2020, 03:25:36 »
Should I lube:
- just springs?
- springs and stems?

Lube everything but the legs. Do they bottom out on the pole, like Halo stems? If so, you can decide to lube the pole and "stem well?" to mute the sound or leave it dry for the clack.

Yeah, I tried one full lube - it gets very quiet, a bit smoother and I think it losses a bit of tactility, very hard to judge.
I dont know how you guys can tell the difference, to be honest:) It is hard to tell what parts are lubed once its on the keyboard. I'll try not to lube legs - gonna be hard as they are so small, but will run around just the torso of the stem:)
Last night I opened all 87 switches. My fingers hurt:D

Offline phinix

« Reply #19 on: Sun, 08 November 2020, 16:31:07 »
OK, so I've lubed all the switches.
I found a strange little pink or squeak still present. I think it comes from the actual leaf. Is it possible?
Not all switches do that. I tried to fix it and just brushed the leaf a bit.
Is this normal?

Offline diazel

« Reply #20 on: Sun, 08 November 2020, 16:41:23 »
I haven't experienced that personally. You might try pulling the leafs out and reseating them and see if that fixes the squeak?