Author Topic: $1200 Dollar Green Alps Board on eBay?  (Read 7747 times)

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
Re: $1200 Dollar Green Alps Board on eBay?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 23:52:53 »
Limited edition, custom case, etc.  The rarity makes it a collector's item, so someone thought they could try to sell it for that much.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 23:57:16 »
This guy is still trying to sell that thing, eh?

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 23:57:57 »
Nothing really, the seller is just a ****ing idiot. Pretty stupid really, it might be the only one in the world but if you have that kind of money to spend you could get a custom Alps board for half as much.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Keytrun

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 00:04:02 »
What's so special about alps? I'd really like to try different types of switches besides MX. Obviously MX and Topre are the best, or they wouldn't be the standard - right?

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 00:04:29 »
If an auction for 1k doesn;t get a bid over a long period, how does BIN at 1.2k going to make it any better?

Offline leesofi

• super lurking
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 00:06:44 »
Originally, its cherry version. He added holes in pcb and add alps and wiring.
http://www.kbdmania.net/xe/7417746
http://www.kbdmania.net/xe/2503197
in this therad, he used DT-35`s controller and non-click green alps.

Bro Caps AI:MKII prototype Alu BroBot V2 MX
Clack Factory ICE Test-Sample #J11TG-s5A

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 00:10:16 »
Wow, such a great deal!

Offline Keytrun

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 00:14:55 »
Wow, such a great deal!

(Attachment Link)

I would leave my wife in about 10 seconds flat for Jennifer Lawrence - and it doubt she would even blame me.

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 00:35:39 »
Hype.

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 00:54:30 »
Do I hear a certain stringed instrument in the background? Could a certain somebody from Chile have taken up residence in Korea?  :p

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALPS-DOKIU-SAVER-COSTOM-KEYBOARD-Tenkeyless-85-key-The-only-one-in-the-world-/271345330274?pt=PCA_Mice_Trackballs&hash=item3f2d712862

WTF? What's so special about this?
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline chaosstep

• From Hell
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 02:40:52 »
That's rare item, but it's valueless with that hell price.

Offline 1391406

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 03:08:45 »
What's so special about this?

From what I understand, it uses a pure quartz crystal that was made using hydrothermal processes with properties that are nearly 100% free of impurities.
Unicomp Classic | Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blues) | IBM Model M (1391401) | IBM XT Model F | IBM AT Model F | Dell AT101W | 122-key IBM Model F
IBM Model M13 | Apple Extended Keyboard | Apple Extended Keyboard II | MTEK K104 | NTC KB-6251/2 | Realforce 87U | Realforce 104U | Type Heaven

Offline joneslee85

• HHKB Scrub JP
  • Professional Rubyist programmer!
    • Ruby Journal
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 04:16:37 »
I would buy if he agrees to donate 1/4 to charity
TOO MANY KEYBOARDS THAT I COULD NOT COUNT! BUT I AM STILL USING MY MODEL F77

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 06:37:03 »

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 07:33:10 »
hey joneslee85

I offer to sell you my F XT with its unique Reraos crystals. These were identified by Sgid Tahof as having unique curative properties of the kind used in Chinese medicine. You know, they can cure arthritis, RSI, cancer, AIDS and other things as long as you sit near the keyboard while it is powered on.

$1,000,000 USD. I'll donate 99% to charity after you send me the cash in unmarked bills.

Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 07:53:50 »
1200 dollar dollar?
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 07:56:58 »
1200 dollar dollar?

This could be your next board demik!!

Offline JimByr

• ...old guy...
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 09:41:57 »
This is the third (or fourth?) cycle on eBay. Each new cycle, the price has been raised. Interesting selling technique if it works. :-X
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 December 2013, 09:43:56 by JimByr »

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #19 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 09:44:47 »
Bare in mind this is the same guy who is trying to sell a G80-3000SAU for $750+
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 09:47:17 »
This is the third (or fourth?) cycle on eBay. Each new cycle, the price has been raised. Interesting selling technique if it works. :-X

It would be the extremest case of market disorientation, leading to product over-appreciation, and price inflation.

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 09:50:42 »
Why would anyone raise the price of an item they're selling if it didn't sell at the previous price? No logic exists in that situation at all...
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #22 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 09:51:26 »
They said: "After made did not use" That should be reading by the wise museum's curator that is considering this "piece" for his collection: Refurbishing is brand new, but made out of used parts.

GH should open a new thread called: Nonsense, and put this there. Who dare to refer this in great finds? The seller for sure.

Offline 1391406

« Reply #23 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 10:00:30 »
Why would anyone raise the price of an item they're selling if it didn't sell at the previous price? No logic exists in that situation at all...

A lot of people watch an item and buy if and when the price drops. The sellers logic might be that they figure people who are watching the item will be more inclined to buy (rather than wait) if they know the price will only go higher.
Unicomp Classic | Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blues) | IBM Model M (1391401) | IBM XT Model F | IBM AT Model F | Dell AT101W | 122-key IBM Model F
IBM Model M13 | Apple Extended Keyboard | Apple Extended Keyboard II | MTEK K104 | NTC KB-6251/2 | Realforce 87U | Realforce 104U | Type Heaven

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 10:03:46 »

A lot of people watch an item and wait to buy when the price drops. The sellers logic might be that they figure the people who are watching the item will be more inclined to buy (rather than wait) if they know the price will only go higher.

Unfortunately for this seller, that logic would only work if the price was actually reasonable.

And considering this is the third (or fourth) time this has been relisted and marked up, it's obvious that, in this case, the plan isn't working...
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #25 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 10:04:55 »
They said: "After made did not use" That should be reading by the wise museum's curator that is considering this "piece" for his collection: Refurbishing is brand new, but made out of used parts.

GH should open a new thread called: Nonsense, and put this there. Who dare to refer this in great finds? The seller for sure.

There is a thread of bad buys but I can't find it....

Offline 1391406

« Reply #26 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 10:35:22 »

A lot of people watch an item and wait to buy when the price drops. The sellers logic might be that they figure the people who are watching the item will be more inclined to buy (rather than wait) if they know the price will only go higher.

Unfortunately for this seller, that logic would only work if the price was actually reasonable.

He probably thinks it's reasonable, though. Look at the guy who tried to sell the Model M with the quartz crystal for $1400+.

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #27 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 10:38:20 »
Um, considering that Keytrun called it WTF, I don't think he's the seller.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #28 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 13:11:12 »

A lot of people watch an item and buy if and when the price drops. The sellers logic might be that they figure people who are watching the item will be more inclined to buy (rather than wait) if they know the price will only go higher.

This argument failed to consider the value of the item as a fact. Which is not necessarily true.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #29 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 13:13:24 »

Well advertising takes a lot of forms. Even disguised as a "WTF version" Even if the sarcasm were genuine even us are contributing to the seller for spreading the word.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #30 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 13:26:54 »
How many people here have spent a week's pay on a keyboard? Half a week? Two weeks? A third of a week (for all the 1/3 lovers like me)?

For someone who makes a lot more money than you do, maybe it is all just relative. Especially if they do not know which end of a soldering iron to hold.

After all, this really is not something that you can buy in a store.

Cognitive distortions are patterns of thought, typically automatic and unconscious, that cause an inaccurate, negative view of situations, people, and/or events. These include things like jumping to conclusions; black-and-white thinking; negative mental filtering; overgeneralizing; mindreading (incorrectly believing we know what others are thinking, what their motives are); and emotional reasoning (believing that if we are feeling something, or if what we are thinking is associated with a strong emotion, it must be true).
- Scott Jansenn 2024-04-07

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #31 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 13:48:39 »
How many people here have spent a week's pay on a keyboard? Half a week? Two weeks? A third of a week (for all the 1/3 lovers like me)?

For someone who makes a lot more money than you do, maybe it is all just relative. Especially if they do not know which end of a soldering iron to hold.

After all, this really is not something that you can buy in a store.

The argument is not about purchasing power, but about the value of the item. The rest is behavioral economics and thus it lies in people's minds.

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #32 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 14:29:59 »
Well, disguised WTFs and other sarcasm work only if you are trying to create controversy and attract traffic or page views. If all it does is generate a host of criticisms (like in this case) I don't think we are unwitting co-conspirators to help the seller.

Well advertising takes a lot of forms. Even disguised as a "WTF version" Even if the sarcasm were genuine even us are contributing to the seller for spreading the word.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #33 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 14:38:14 »
Well, disguised WTFs and other sarcasm work only if you are trying to create controversy and attract traffic or page views. If all it does is generate a host of criticisms (like in this case) I don't think we are unwitting co-conspirators to help the seller.

By now this post has been read 400+ times. Am I only me? or advertising, either good or bad, is advertising...

Offline 1391406

« Reply #34 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 14:45:45 »

This argument failed to consider the value of the item as a fact. Which is not necessarily true.

The value of the item is whatever people are willing to pay for it. That said, I never claimed to know its value. I'm simply suggesting that the aforementioned logic revolves around what the seller might think is reasonable, regardless how realistic it actually is.

Offline MJ45

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #35 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 15:26:30 »

The value of the item is whatever people are willing to pay for it. That said, I never claimed to know its value. I'm simply suggesting that the aforementioned logic revolves around what the seller might think is reasonable, regardless how realistic it actually is.
The seller obviously has very high sense of value but don't forget about inflation. The more times he tries to sell the more its going to cost "simple economics". Its too bad it has green Alps otherwise I would bought the first time he listed it and saved a bunch of money! :)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #36 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 16:32:32 »

The seller obviously has very high sense of value but don't forget about inflation. The more times he tries to sell the more its going to cost "simple economics". Its too bad it has green Alps otherwise I would bought the first time he listed it and saved a bunch of money! :))

Is it a saving buying something already expensive?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #37 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 17:13:28 »
Its too bad it has green Alps otherwise I would bought the first time he listed it and saved a bunch of money!

If you saved enough it would have been worth it to transplant your blues or oranges or whatever!
Cognitive distortions are patterns of thought, typically automatic and unconscious, that cause an inaccurate, negative view of situations, people, and/or events. These include things like jumping to conclusions; black-and-white thinking; negative mental filtering; overgeneralizing; mindreading (incorrectly believing we know what others are thinking, what their motives are); and emotional reasoning (believing that if we are feeling something, or if what we are thinking is associated with a strong emotion, it must be true).

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #38 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 22:35:40 »
Can always get Duck's KingSaver instead :)  Won't cost nearly as much!
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #39 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 06:43:23 »
Also, this makes 1 Avid Collector's premium Model Ms seem dirt cheap in comparison. The labor involved is probably not all that different.

Offline Hellmark

« Reply #40 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 07:30:21 »
And the funny thing is that it isn't just small bumps. Last time I saw it, I think it was marked as $800.

Offline intelli78

« Reply #41 on: Wed, 16 April 2014, 03:00:41 »
So, this thing is still for sale. I emailed the guy and asked what his bottom line is after months of no sale. He is willing to discount to -- get this -- $990. Plus shipping, ofc.   :))
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #42 on: Wed, 16 April 2014, 03:05:18 »
So, this thing is still for sale. I emailed the guy and asked what his bottom line is after months of no sale. He is willing to discount to -- get this -- $990. Plus shipping, ofc.   :))
What an idiot. It will literally NEVER sell at that price, unless the buyer is a complete fool.

It's not even a one-off. There are at least two others that I know of owned by other Korean forum members.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #43 on: Wed, 16 April 2014, 08:16:38 »
Nothing really, the seller is just a ****ing idiot. Pretty stupid really, it might be the only one in the world but if you have that kind of money to spend you could get a custom Alps board for half as much.

Maybe he got some crystals from the Nazca lines in Chile that make that keyboard nuke proof. Don't ever call people idiots unless you're sure they are. It might be an idiot proof crystal.  :p