Author Topic: [IC] GMK Wavez GB IS LIVE !!  (Read 128183 times)

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
Re: [IC] GMK Wavez HUGE update : 10/31/2018
« Reply #150 on: Wed, 31 October 2018, 18:07:41 »
My spidey senses are tingling that the actual caps will look nothing like the render. **Cough cough GMK Solarized**

It's not because a set failed that others won't succeed :)

Not saying that this will fail (would never wish ill on a gmk set ;)), but I feel like these 'dark sea green' colors are notoriously tricky to match perfectly. I could also be well off the mark
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline mimalik

« Reply #151 on: Wed, 31 October 2018, 19:10:00 »
Thx for Japanese kits. Will definitely buy.

Offline EnjoyMyInSec

• 60% or bust
« Reply #152 on: Wed, 31 October 2018, 19:20:53 »
Thx for Japanese kits. Will definitely buy.

Thanks man i really apprecieate it, i love those kits aswell :3 !

Offline Solotov

« Reply #153 on: Wed, 31 October 2018, 20:20:18 »
Love the update. Voted!  :thumb:
Flex is love, flex is life.

Offline Endeavour1934

« Reply #154 on: Thu, 01 November 2018, 07:18:05 »
Love the update, specially the new novelties  ;)

Is it possible to add a 6u uncentered bright green spacebar?

Offline rorix

• The sweven of thee ne'er will I cede...
« Reply #155 on: Thu, 01 November 2018, 07:28:05 »
Huge props on the Japanese kits. One concern I have is that without the hiragana small sublegends (like those on Serika) the kit doesn't look too "genuine", as in a real and functional Japanese keyboard. Hope that can me amended if possible. Now that I think about it, Laser suffered from the same fault.

I also really like the decision to go for text mods for the base kit. Icon mods can go in their own kit for those weidos who prefer them ;)

Also seconded on the off-center 6u green spacebar in the spacebar kit, or a grey off-center 6u included with the base kit if not.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 November 2018, 07:31:11 by rorix »

Offline EnjoyMyInSec

• 60% or bust
« Reply #156 on: Thu, 01 November 2018, 07:44:49 »
Love the update, specially the new novelties  ;)

Is it possible to add a 6u uncentered bright green spacebar?

Tbh there is already enough keys in that kit, and most of the layout use a 7U rather than a 6u, so i really don't want to disapoint you but i won't consider it unless a ton of people ask for it.
I personnally prefered including a second 6.25 and an other 7u since they tend to become very shiny, so if you want to sell the set, or use a spacebar that isnt shiny, it is possible :)

Huge props on the Japanese kits. One concern I have is that without the hiragana small sublegends (like those on Serika) the kit doesn't look too "genuine", as in a real and functional Japanese keyboard. Hope that can me amended if possible. Now that I think about it, Laser suffered from the same fault.

I also really like the decision to go for text mods for the base kit. Icon mods can go in their own kit for those weidos who prefer them ;)

Also seconded on the off-center 6u green spacebar in the spacebar kit, or a grey off-center 6u included with the base kit if not.

For the legends, ik they are kinda bold, i don't think i can do something else that serika and laser have done but imma definetly do my best to do something if possible, but i personnally really don't mind it :).

Offline ImClueless

« Reply #157 on: Thu, 01 November 2018, 15:02:23 »
I know it might not be feasible, but I'm here to second the Serika-like legends. Would be an insta-buy for me.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 November 2018, 16:39:06 by ImClueless »

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #158 on: Thu, 01 November 2018, 18:50:17 »
Is it possible to add another couple 1.5u blanks to the ergo kit? I would like to use the Boardwalk PCB in a 60% case with a 7u spacebar and two more 1.5u blanks would be needed.

Offline EnjoyMyInSec

• 60% or bust
« Reply #159 on: Thu, 01 November 2018, 20:15:11 »
Is it possible to add another couple 1.5u blanks to the ergo kit? I would like to use the Boardwalk PCB in a 60% case with a 7u spacebar and two more 1.5u blanks would be needed.

The ergo render was just to showcase some possibilities, not all the keys are featured on the render don't worry man :D

Offline Vireca

« Reply #160 on: Fri, 02 November 2018, 15:14:55 »
is this set gonna have a EU proxy? Massdrop ship+custom is a pain :(

Offline EnjoyMyInSec

• 60% or bust
« Reply #161 on: Fri, 02 November 2018, 16:44:57 »

If you guy want all this kits, this have to be MD only.
(Never payed customs with MD btw, I guess i'm Lucky)

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
« Reply #162 on: Sat, 03 November 2018, 01:25:18 »

I really feel you man. However, although also not being a big fan of MD myself, I do think they are the one of the few if not the only vendor capable of pushing niche kits like ErgoDox or Iso kit past MOQs and guarantees kits that are close to MOQs to make it through, at least more so than any other vendor. I think Enjoy already gave this a good thought and ultimately decided the best compromise solution. If that's what it takes to make it happen then so be it. A set with color like this won't come by twice. Let's vote harder to push it through guys!
« Last Edit: Sat, 03 November 2018, 09:22:23 by otanishock »

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #163 on: Sat, 03 November 2018, 02:10:53 »
capable of pushing niche kits like NorDeUK or Colevrak past MOQs

I see what you did there

Offline Vireca

« Reply #164 on: Sat, 03 November 2018, 04:16:11 »

I really feel you man. However, although also not being a big fan of MD myself, I do think they are the one of the few if not the only vendor capable of pushing niche kits like NorDeUK or Colevrak past MOQs and guarantees kits that are close to MOQs to make it through, at least more so than any other vendor. I think Enjoy already gave this a good thought and ultimately decided the best compromise solution. If that's what it takes to make it happen then so be it. A set with color like this won't come by twice. Let's vote harder to push it through guys!

Yes, I can understand why MD is the choice, but this keeb world is alive since 5 years and is a mess that for a gmk keyset it have to travel from Germany to USA and then to Europe for who bought it... I hope this change one day

Offline Captainbuttmonkey

« Reply #165 on: Sat, 03 November 2018, 08:23:53 »
Really disappointed in the new kits/way they are split. Also gutted that it's now a Massdrop buy. I'm sure I'm in the minority though, so best of luck!

Offline adamcobabe

« Reply #166 on: Sat, 03 November 2018, 14:18:25 »
I wish there were some icon versions of Insert, Delete, Home, End, Page Up, Page Down, etc.

Offline NorrisB

« Reply #167 on: Sat, 03 November 2018, 18:09:28 »
Why no arrows on the numpad

Offline jacobavenkraft

« Reply #168 on: Sun, 04 November 2018, 09:37:17 »
When finalizing the Ortho kit, please don't forget about us Preonic users.  A couple of keys for the R1 row is really appreciated (looks like base kit already has mod-colored ~ and R1 1u Delete, so maybe all Ortho might need is an R1 1u Backspace).  A couple of 1u novelties in each row profile really helps with coverage too, though I would expect those to go in a novelty kit and not an ortho kit.

Offline EnjoyMyInSec

• 60% or bust
« Reply #169 on: Sun, 04 November 2018, 15:24:33 »

It looks better IMO like that.

I wish there were some icon versions of Insert, Delete, Home, End, Page Up, Page Down, etc.

I thought about that, that idea isnt in the trash can yet ! I'll consider it ;)

When finalizing the Ortho kit, please don't forget about us Preonic users.  A couple of keys for the R1 row is really appreciated (looks like base kit already has mod-colored ~ and R1 1u Delete, so maybe all Ortho might need is an R1 1u Backspace).  A couple of 1u novelties in each row profile really helps with coverage too, though I would expect those to go in a novelty kit and not an ortho kit.

Not any other novelties will be added.
For the ortho kit dw, it will take some time but it will cover everything :)

Offline jacobavenkraft

« Reply #170 on: Sun, 04 November 2018, 16:02:04 »

I just wanted to clarify that I didn't mean to suggest more novelties were needed.  I was only commenting that 1u novelties in each row are appreciated since they help with coverage on Planck/Preonic boards.  You already have plenty of 1u novelties and I appreciate that.  Thanks!

Offline EnjoyMyInSec

• 60% or bust
« Reply #171 on: Sun, 04 November 2018, 17:20:39 »

I just wanted to clarify that I didn't mean to suggest more novelties were needed.  I was only commenting that 1u novelties in each row are appreciated since they help with coverage on Planck/Preonic boards.  You already have plenty of 1u novelties and I appreciate that.  Thanks!

Oh excuse me man, i read that bad, i apprecieate your comment, and yeah i took care of most of layouts, I'm glad you see the effort put in these kits :D

Offline factoryofidols

« Reply #172 on: Sun, 04 November 2018, 22:48:24 »
Wow this is really nice I'm a sucker for those bright greens and they really pop on these colors.

Offline Internauta

« Reply #173 on: Tue, 06 November 2018, 11:22:25 »
These will look VERY nice next to my RME ADI-2 DAC.

High hopes for this set, hope it comes through!

Offline Kawamashi

« Reply #174 on: Wed, 07 November 2018, 02:10:10 »
Amazing work, Enjoy !

I'm definitely in for base, Kobe, icon mods and novelties. Would you consider using the Ergodox text mods that were introduced with Space Cadet ?

Offline EnjoyMyInSec

• 60% or bust
« Reply #175 on: Wed, 07 November 2018, 08:34:32 »
These will look VERY nice next to my RME ADI-2 DAC.

High hopes for this set, hope it comes through!

thanks a lot dude, it will look amazing next to that Dac :p

Amazing work, Enjoy !

I'm definitely in for base, Kobe, icon mods and novelties. Would you consider using the Ergodox text mods that were introduced with Space Cadet ?

For the 40 and the ergodox kit nothing is fixed, everything is still in the making process if i can say :)

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #176 on: Wed, 07 November 2018, 10:24:17 »
I didn't see a Row 3 "Home" key in the kit, only Row 1 which limits options on 65% and 75% boards.

Additionally have you started to decide on a Pantone color for the shade of green yet?
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline EnjoyMyInSec

• 60% or bust
« Reply #177 on: Wed, 07 November 2018, 12:05:04 »
I didn't see a Row 3 "Home" key in the kit, only Row 1 which limits options on 65% and 75% boards.

Additionally have you started to decide on a Pantone color for the shade of green yet?

If i remove ISO to have a cheaper kit it's not for keeping keys that almost nobody use, so yeah i won't include a row 3 home in the kit.

For the pantone, details will be provided to you guys soon :).

Offline Vireca

« Reply #178 on: Thu, 08 November 2018, 03:38:33 »

I think i never saw a R3 home key in any keyset. Usually people use others keys for that row, not home. Its usually that designers dont add a home key for R3. You still can fill a 75% and 65% keeb with no problem

If i remove ISO to have a cheaper kit it's not for keeping keys that almost nobody use, so yeah i won't include a row 3 home in the kit.

No problem to fill any 65% or leopold keyboards right?
Also, if you dont want to add extra "useless" keycaps why do you all al the keys for a full board? Most people use TKL or less, so you can move the numpad to a different kit and sell it just as another extra option, that will low the core kit price. This is what Zambumon do for his keysets for example.
One more thing, they tray case will have any fancy cover design to feature Wavez?

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #179 on: Thu, 08 November 2018, 03:52:23 »
Also, if you dont want to add extra "useless" keycaps why do you all al the keys for a full board? Most people use TKL or less, so you can move the numpad to a different kit and sell it just as another extra option, that will low the core kit price. This is what Zambumon do for his keysets for example.

While this discussion is going on, I'll repeat the request for NORDE and Colevrak kits :)

Offline EnjoyMyInSec

• 60% or bust
« Reply #180 on: Thu, 08 November 2018, 06:08:18 »

I think i never saw a R3 home key in any keyset. Usually people use others keys for that row, not home. Its usually that designers dont add a home key for R3. You still can fill a 75% and 65% keeb with no problem

One more thing, they tray case will have any fancy cover design to feature Wavez?

it's more that enough to cover most of boards like leopold and 65 yeah.
For the numpad you will actually be surprised but a ton of people use it, either for a separate numpad, a macro pad and stuff, i wanted to remove it but a lot of people told me to not, so i ended up let that numpad :).
The tray is in making process hehe it will be awsome dude !

While this discussion is going on, I'll repeat the request for NORDE and Colevrak kits :)

You can request those kits as much as you want they will never happen for GMK Wavez.

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #181 on: Thu, 08 November 2018, 07:59:32 »
Charming.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #182 on: Thu, 08 November 2018, 10:25:00 »
I still say you better offer a full set of R0 profile with homing bars on every single one or I'm not joining.  I can't believe the lackluster compatibility even now that it's 2018   :p

Offline GigaFlop

« Reply #183 on: Thu, 08 November 2018, 12:26:14 »
I think Cadet sub legends would look fantastic with this color scheme, more so than the Japanese stuff. If I can't read the symbols anyways, the Cadet ones are easier to attach meaning to.
Oh god why did my wallet get so thin

Offline EnjoyMyInSec

• 60% or bust
« Reply #184 on: Thu, 08 November 2018, 16:14:56 »
I think Cadet sub legends would look fantastic with this color scheme, more so than the Japanese stuff. If I can't read the symbols anyways, the Cadet ones are easier to attach meaning to.

There are already a ton of kits as you can see, if this set got a lot of votes on MD, maybe i'll consider it.

Offline GigaFlop

« Reply #185 on: Thu, 08 November 2018, 17:54:50 »

There are already a ton of kits as you can see, if this set got a lot of votes on MD, maybe i'll consider it.

Cool! I'm just a big fan of things that mix pretty + practical.
Oh god why did my wallet get so thin

Offline nineleveno

« Reply #186 on: Sun, 11 November 2018, 02:18:46 »

Adding my vote for Colevrak as well... I really don't get why there's so much animosity toward those kits -- MOQ has never mattered/been enforced for those kits on Massdrop (at least not for the past couple years).

Offline jacobavenkraft

« Reply #187 on: Sun, 11 November 2018, 12:19:44 »

Adding my vote for Colevrak as well... I really don't get why there's so much animosity toward those kits -- MOQ has never mattered/been enforced for those kits on Massdrop (at least not for the past couple years).

That's probably the exact reason why.  If they don't enforce MOQ and they still make the kit then maybe they're losing money?  They feel obligated to make the kit so that the 25-30 people don't pull out of their base kit orders.  Anyway, I say what's the harm, just raise the price so you don't lose money and let those who really want specialty kits pay what needs to paid.  A Dvorak or Colevrak kit doesn't take buyers away from other kits since you can never fill a keyboard with just those kits -- it just adds to the potential pool of people who will jump on the base kit.

Offline upas

« Reply #188 on: Tue, 13 November 2018, 12:24:20 »
Will the space kit have convex split spacebars? I believe Carbon R2 has them.

Offline bobdenard

« Reply #189 on: Tue, 13 November 2018, 13:11:21 »
I second that question, would be great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline EnjoyMyInSec

• 60% or bust
« Reply #190 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 11:29:45 »
The 2u is convex yep

Offline ItsAllen

« Reply #191 on: Sat, 17 November 2018, 01:03:08 »
Give or take, when do you think the GB for this will start? Super excited.

Offline rachel

« Reply #192 on: Sat, 17 November 2018, 09:45:46 »
please make this happen, would love to get one  ;D

Offline Ensaum

« Reply #193 on: Sat, 17 November 2018, 13:50:48 »

Please let it be a while. Like in a few months at the earliest. There's so many sets dropping right now that I can't buy everything and I really like this set. I'm super bummed I couldn't get Chocolatier because I had other priorities at the time.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #194 on: Sat, 17 November 2018, 15:06:40 »
Have you started preparing for the render-shaming when your colors from GMK don't match exactly?

Probably worth adding a disclaimer at this point for any set considering custom colors.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline Vireca

« Reply #195 on: Sun, 18 November 2018, 04:32:22 »

Please let it be a while. Like in a few months at the earliest. There's so many sets dropping right now that I can't buy everything and I really like this set. I'm super bummed I couldn't get Chocolatier because I had other priorities at the time.

I think he need to reach a number for sets to greenlight it, then wait for a sample to inspect the colors (if he didnt do it yet) and then greenlight it and wait 1 month with GB open. I think we still have to wait at least 2 months

Offline EnjoyMyInSec

• 60% or bust
« Reply #196 on: Sun, 18 November 2018, 06:46:04 »

I think he need to reach a number for sets to greenlight it, then wait for a sample to inspect the colors (if he didnt do it yet) and then greenlight it and wait 1 month with GB open. I think we still have to wait at least 2 months

I still hesitate if i should change the green to a purple, let me know ! but if i make any changes it will be after the GB like you mentionned obv c:
For real no need to talk 'bout GMK Necro's Drama here, if i don't like the samples that i'll recieve, i'll make sure to get them as close as possible, and i won't accept the first one if they are bad.

I'm not the type of person to answers to GMK if i just woke up, laying down on my bed and saying stupid things to them.
Judge him/her if you want but that's have nothing to do with me, thanks.

For a ETA, I'll it have soon, stay tune guys, and thanks for all your support !
« Last Edit: Sun, 18 November 2018, 07:15:10 by EnjoyMyInSec »

Offline funkybeat7

« Reply #197 on: Sun, 18 November 2018, 07:40:32 »
There is already so much purple floating around in sets for this hobby. The green is what attracted me to this set originally so I vote to keep it!

Offline comdata55

« Reply #198 on: Sun, 18 November 2018, 07:41:23 »
Keep it green!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Offline EnjoyMyInSec

• 60% or bust
« Reply #199 on: Sun, 18 November 2018, 08:07:00 »
Feed the troll guys lmao  :))