Author Topic: Leopold 660C  (Read 58696 times)

Offline tadbitnerdy

Re: Leopold 660C
« Reply #150 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 14:02:59 »

Oh the topre army grows!

Yeah, this is going to be my first Topre board.  Almost bought an HHKB, but then this came up :)

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #151 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 14:09:16 »
boost mentioned customs fees  >:D  not happy about anyone having to pay more.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #152 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 14:55:35 »

yes, but not 100% sure. Need to talk with the friend about this.

Thanks
Boost
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline Sniping

« Reply #153 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 17:25:08 »

Uh-oh. I wouldn't be happy paying extra fees too =O

Offline Macsmasher

« Reply #154 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 18:17:10 »
I'm pulling out of the group buy. If the rumors are true about EK carrying them, I would rather give my business to them. Brian's a good egg.

The other reason for pulling out is for the warrantee. If I have problems with the board, EK will be there to take care of it. I'm sure it's possible, but I can't see myself RMAing my keyboard to Korea.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #155 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 18:35:32 »
I'm pulling out of the group buy. If the rumors are true about EK carrying them, I would rather give my business to them. Brian's a good egg.

Couldn't care less if "Brian's" trying to supply it.  I TRUST Boost 1000% more than Brian on any day of the week when it comes to delivery of any product(s).

Also about the so-called warranty on these, when was the last time a Realforce or HHKB was ever handed back within 1 year (that's the warranty period, please correct me if I'm wrong here) ?

If you're stupid enough to drive your Landcruiser over it, or use it as a boat paddle or even use it as a flame torch when you dip it in Kerosene, then maybe you can do an RMA (Brian would laugh in your face of course).
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 May 2013, 18:42:40 by Elrick »

Offline kelske

• The North Borders
« Reply #156 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 18:55:23 »
I vote we go ahead with this GB..

I want this board as soon as possible, and would rather follow through with the buy that's reaching final stages - rather than waiting for a rumor to come to fruition..

HHKB Type-S 55g - FC660M - FC210TP

Offline sordna

« Reply #157 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 19:39:16 »
Updated the 2nd post, got 42 orders and another 5(maybe).

WE ARE CLOSING THIS TODAY @ 10:00 PM EST

You had said the GB will close a week from when you hit 30 orders (still says so in the OP) and that happened couple days ago (Tuesday). So why rush to close this so much earlier than promised ?
Some folks also asked if you can close it on the 17th (Friday of next week) so they have time to collect paychecks...
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 May 2013, 19:58:14 by sordna »
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #158 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 20:16:44 »
Rumor has it that EK will be stocking the 660C, Should this groupbuy continue?

Tough call.  For me, it all depends when EK is going to have it and at what price.  It seems that it will take 3-4 weeks from the end of the group buy to get the boards here.  And taking business from EK, because I would get from there if this group buy was not available. 
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline Sniping

« Reply #159 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 20:39:10 »
Updated the 2nd post, got 42 orders and another 5(maybe).

WE ARE CLOSING THIS TODAY @ 10:00 PM EST

You had said the GB will close a week from when you hit 30 orders (still says so in the OP) and that happened couple days ago (Tuesday). So why rush to close this so much earlier than promised ?
Some folks also asked if you can close it on the 17th (Friday of next week) so they have time to collect paychecks...

I think this GB has become a race against time to have people get their 660C's before you can get them from EK. If this GB were to continue it would probably be best to end it quickly so people can get them earlier.

Offline findingthelimit

• Rawr
« Reply #160 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 20:43:58 »
why is this keyboard $210? a ducky shine 2 is under $150 and has more features.
Poker 2 reds, GH60 42g ergo clears

Offline kelske

• The North Borders
« Reply #161 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 20:45:14 »

You've just opened a can of worms mate..  :-X
HHKB Type-S 55g - FC660M - FC210TP

Offline geminimech

« Reply #162 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 20:59:02 »

It's 210 because we're paying a little extra to have it now.

It retails for 175ish (at least it's supposed to)

It's on the expensive side because of the switch type, and keycaps.  And some of us don't consider backlighting a feature ;)

Topre Realforce 87U Variable | Choc Mini MX Brown | Cherry G84-4100 ML

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #163 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 21:21:42 »

:)) looks like no one is gonna bother with this one

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #164 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 21:25:39 »

:)) looks like no one is gonna bother with this one

Lol they'll find out sooner or later :p
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 May 2013, 21:36:32 by Jocelyn »

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #165 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 22:02:19 »
+1 for giving my business to boost. Got two of my Topre's through him, and wouldn't hesitate to get another one.

Don't get me wrong, I love EliteKeyboards. I've bought two RealForce boards from them and they've been nothing but professional and prompt.

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #166 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 01:57:27 »
My main beef about the whole thing is that this keyboard is lacking 2 important physical keys (for pgup/pgdown) when there is clearly room for them :-)
Fn + arrow up/down is fine :p

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #167 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 02:44:04 »
More
Hi gang,

Thought I'd drop in here since we've received a couple emails about this GB. While we have no obligation to say anything, we do have long connections to this community and I wanted to address some comments people have made as well.

I'll do this first:

TL,DR; We're getting a small shipment of FC660Cs in tomorrow and more in June, so they'll likely go on sale tomorrow or Saturday. The price will be slightly lower than what boost is offering, but you get our support.

The nitty gritty:

Of course you guys are free to do whatever you like, even though EK has exclusive distributorship of Leopold in the US, these GBs are not of any issue to us because they cannot match our price or service. I'm aware that the success of this group buy is probably two-fold; partly because boost has a good reputation here, but also because after EK has seemingly not taken the initiative to bring other recent Leopold products to the US; some people are understandably skeptical if any new Leopold products, like the FC660, will come at all and therefore take advantage of GBs instead of waiting for EK to deliver.

Aside: I want everyone to know that EK has very good reasons for what products we decided to carry. We want to fulfill customer expectations, but not at the cost of ruining our reputation with broken promises which would put the health of our business at risk. This is much easier said than done when it comes to niche products sourced from young companies on the other side of the planet, as we sorely found out with FILCO years ago, and while I wish I could share all the whys and whats, we unfortunately are not at liberty to discuss details of our suppliers' businesses and manufacturing. So I can only ask for your understanding; we do what we do in both our interests.

So, should you go through this GB or wait for EK to put these on sale?

Reasons to GB:
- Our supply this month is very limited; you might get lucky and get one sooner through the GB after EK sells out.
- EK does not ship to your country
- EK does not falsify customs value for foreign shipments
- You want to support boost

Reasons NOT to GB:
- If you're in the US or Canada and you fancy a warranty and support.
- If you're outside of the US or Canada and you fancy a liable seller and support; i.e. replacement parts, etc.
- You want to pay a lower retail price
- You're skeptical if boost can guarantee you get a working product and wonder if he will be liable if it is lost or damaged in transit (keep in mind that insurance for international packages cannot be higher than the customs value).
- These boards are in short supply this month. Unless boost has a direct line to Leopold and has already secured the stock for this groupbuy, then you may be disappointed with how long it takes to get your board...and end up paying more to boot.

Why might you want a warranty or to buy this board from EK?

- This is the first OEM Topre keyboard made in China. I'm under the impression that Topre is working very hard to make sure the factory is working to Topre standards, but the outcome is still unknown. We will not know for months.
- Even if you are in another country, we still offer support in the way of parts and troubleshooting and even the occasional replacement.
- Full liability for lost or damaged products.

I wanted to address this comment directly:

Couldn't care less if "Brian's" trying to supply it.  I TRUST Boost 1000% more than Brian on any day of the week when it comes to delivery of any product(s).

Also about the so-called warranty on these, when was the last time a Realforce or HHKB was ever handed back within 1 year (that's the warranty period, please correct me if I'm wrong here) ?

If you're stupid enough to drive your Landcruiser over it, or use it as a boat paddle or even use it as a flame torch when you dip it in Kerosene, then maybe you can do an RMA (Brian would laugh in your face of course).

I'll correct you since you have no data from which to draw such a conclusion. Topre has a manufacturing goal of only 1 in 10,000 failure rate in the first year, and they are very close to living up to it, but Topre customers have very high standards (and they should for what these boards cost) so boards occasionally come back for fit and finish issues such as misaligned switch springs or cases, inconsistent key weighting, squeaking keys, or broken parts. Likelihood is you won't need the EK warranty, but buying from us, regardless of your location entitles you to parts and support for as long as you have the product.

BTW, someone did RMA a board to us that looked like it was dipped in Kerosene and used as a torch. I didn't laugh at him, but I did ignore him.

You bring up very valid and honest points. However, it's pretty obvious that this was done with a motive to bring potential sales to your own website. It's a slap in the face for the GB and Boost if you asked me. The only relevant thing needed to be said was when they were going to be available, and price. Then GH members or your potential customers can decide themselves which route to go. I'm not saying this because I'm picking sides, but rather saying there could have been a much better way to advertise or be informative.

Offline sordna

« Reply #168 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 03:27:12 »
My main beef about the whole thing is that this keyboard is lacking 2 important physical keys (for pgup/pgdown) when there is clearly room for them :-)
Fn + arrow up/down is fine :p

While that's not too bad, if you are used to marking text with something like Shift+PgDn, from a 2-key combo it now becomes an uncomfortable Shift+FN+PgDn 3-key combo. That is a gripe I have with my Poker too. I honestly can't understand why they didn't add 2 more keys but left all that space empty in the right side of this keyboard.
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #169 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 03:55:46 »
I don't believe Boost planned on doing this in the first place. The only reason he did was because of the interest in these from the community at a time when they were not available. I see your point EK about warranty, however the possible $20 difference isn't going to break hearts. It's not like Boost is trying to get rich here, I commend him and everyone else that puts in the time and effort to run these GB's.
Looking for CC's!

Offline shibbyllama889

« Reply #170 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 06:16:08 »
Personally, I'm glad EK came in here with some information. I wish it had been a little sooner because I'd rather not pull out of a GB after it closes since that's not good if everyone did that.

However, I think Boost is aware people may want to purchase from EK more than this GB, but we simply didn't have any information from EK at the time. Boost even suggested closing this GB after rumors of EK carrying the 660C came out. Maybe Boost can weigh in on this?

Offline jksteger

« Reply #171 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 08:14:57 »
Sorry guys, this has gotten so "messy" and I wish to NOT be a part of any of it.  Please remove me from the group buy.

:-[

Offline geminimech

« Reply #172 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 08:27:39 »
All I wanted was a keyboard.  Just one keyboard.

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #173 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 08:31:28 »

All the dude every wanted was his rug back

Offline geminimech

« Reply #174 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 08:32:42 »

...it really ties the room together.

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
  • King of Stickers (and GBs)
« Reply #175 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 09:37:20 »
I have to ask something of the US people.......

Are parallel imports legal in US? :confused:

Cos AFAIK, being the exclusive distributor is different from having a monopoly :confused:

There issnt power to impose embargo for goods you are distributing........

Offline geminimech

« Reply #176 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 09:52:17 »
So what's going on with this Boost?

Going through with it?  Ideas on the possible customs fees adding to the total?

I may go with jksteger and pull out of this due to the theatrics, but I would still like to contribute and take part in this buy if we're a go for the original terms of the GB, customs doesn't throw a kink in all of this, and the subforum doesn't melt down from un-needed drama.

Offline genkigavin

« Reply #177 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 09:55:01 »
I don't think anyone is against this GB happening. If there are indeed keyboards available I really hope this GB continues. I'm pretty hype to try out a Topre.

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #178 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 09:56:33 »
I will continue this GroupBuy as we have 40+ orders and MOQ is 30 so we'er good.

THIS GB will stay open until Monday and will begin the invoicing, if you would like to cancel  your order please post in this thread.

More Groupbuys from LEO will be happening after this is completed.

Thanks
Boost

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #179 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 10:03:42 »

I may go with jksteger and pull out of this due to the theatrics, but I would still like to contribute and take part in this buy if we're a go for the original terms of the GB, customs doesn't throw a kink in all of this, and the subforum doesn't melt down from un-needed drama.

Oh man I wouldn't call it theatrics.  I'd call it real concerns, real problems, and the conclusions/solutions involved parties have reached in order to continue.

Keeping my monies in this.  Boost is being very responsive!
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline geminimech

« Reply #180 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 10:09:31 »

Oh man I wouldn't call it theatrics.  I'd call it real concerns, real problems, and the conclusions/solutions involved parties have reached in order to continue.

Keeping my monies in this.  Boost is being very responsive!

Dramatics might have been a better word choice :)

The only real concern was if the GB could and will continue, and that has been addressed.  So that's good enough for me.  jksteger, get back on the bandwagon!

Offline Inept

« Reply #181 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 10:10:19 »
I'm going to bail on this GB.  The fact that I'm moving and the fact that it's going to be in stock on EK later means I can just wait it out.

Offline Dr_Eli_Vance

« Reply #182 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 10:11:08 »
I will continue this GroupBuy as we have 40+ orders and MOQ is 30 so we'er good.

THIS GB will stay open until Monday and will begin the invoicing, if you would like to cancel  your order please post in this thread.

More Groupbuys from LEO will be happening after this is completed.

Thanks
Boost

Yay, my monies will stick right here.  I'm just going to ignore all the loose buttholes being brought into this GB.

Offline geminimech

« Reply #183 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 10:17:44 »

Yay, my monies will stick right here.  I'm just going to ignore all the loose buttholes being brought into this GB.

Hooray for the Workaholics reference  :))

Offline Macsmasher

« Reply #184 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 11:30:42 »
I think you guys might be taking EK's participation here the wrong way. Like any business would, they have been silent about the carrying the 660C until they actually have it. Non-disclosure about products not yet in distribution is typical for a retailer. And that's why Boost put together the GB. Nobody knew if or when EK would carry it. (And boost, I thank you for your efforts in this.)

I've talked with Brian before. He's a keyboard nerd just like the rest of us. He obviously hangs out on or checks the GH forums. Anybody who's a keyboard geek would.

So we're putting together our GB. Even at the very last minute, we don't know if there will be customs charges or not. We have no delivery timeframe. Hell, we're not even positive we can them. EK finally is in a position where they can disclose that they'll be carrying the 660C. So what if Brian chips in with the news that the 660C will be available through EK? Why is that a bad thing?

I think EK does plenty of business without our little group buy. Could it be that Brian was just trying to help us out because he's a fellow keyboard geek? I don't see Poker, Ducky or Filco guys participating on this forum. I think it's pretty cool that he does. And I for one am grateful to have the choice to either stay in the geekhack GB or now purchase from a US reseller.

Even before Brian posted here, I chose to opt out of the group buy for three reasons.

1. The rumors posted in this thread that the 660C might be available through EK.
2. Possible customs charges that would increase the cost. This additional cost came up after I said I was in on the GB.
3. No warranty.

That's my two cents. So everybody take a Midol and stop getting so butt hurt. Have a great day.

Offline geminimech

« Reply #185 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 11:40:46 »
I'm curious about the customs charges.

If they are going to apply, when would we find out about them?  After we're completely committed to the GB?  Or when we're invoiced for 210, that's it.  Zilch. Nada?

Offline tadbitnerdy

« Reply #186 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 11:41:54 »
Hi Boost,

I just got a hold of a KMAC Mini, and so would like to cancel my 660C order.  Has nothing to do with the whole EK thing, has everything to do with lack of funds :)

-Tad

Offline shibbyllama889

« Reply #187 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 11:52:28 »
I think I'm going to pull out as well. I personally don't have anything wrong with what EK was saying, and I only participated in this GB because EK had been silent in carrying the keyboard. With this new information, I'd rather just go through "normal" avenues to get this keyboard.

However, because Boost put a lot of work in and I would have a guilty conscience, I'm willing to come back into this GB if we dip below MOQ. Hopefully that doesn't happen though and everything goes smoothly. Thanks again Boost for doing this.

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #188 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 12:34:30 »
I think you guys might be taking EK's participation here the wrong way. Like any business would, they have been silent about the carrying the 660C until they actually have it. Non-disclosure about products not yet in distribution is typical for a retailer. And that's why Boost put together the GB. Nobody knew if or when EK would carry it. (And boost, I thank you for your efforts in this.)

I've talked with Brian before. He's a keyboard nerd just like the rest of us. He obviously hangs out on or checks the GH forums. Anybody who's a keyboard geek would.

So we're putting together our GB. Even at the very last minute, we don't know if there will be customs charges or not. We have no delivery timeframe. Hell, we're not even positive we can them. EK finally is in a position where they can disclose that they'll be carrying the 660C. So what if Brian chips in with the news that the 660C will be available through EK? Why is that a bad thing?

I think EK does plenty of business without our little group buy. Could it be that Brian was just trying to help us out because he's a fellow keyboard geek? I don't see Poker, Ducky or Filco guys participating on this forum. I think it's pretty cool that he does. And I for one am grateful to have the choice to either stay in the geekhack GB or now purchase from a US reseller.

Even before Brian posted here, I chose to opt out of the group buy for three reasons.

1. The rumors posted in this thread that the 660C might be available through EK.
2. Possible customs charges that would increase the cost. This additional cost came up after I said I was in on the GB.
3. No warranty.

That's my two cents. So everybody take a Midol and stop getting so butt hurt. Have a great day.

I have no problem with EK carrying the keyboard.  What irks me is the manner that EK decided to go about promoting their expected inventory of the board.  I can think of a number of ways of the top of my head that would have presented the EK business in a more professional manner. 

Dropping in on this thread when he could have advertised on a different thread. He basically threatened to shut down the group buy with one phone call, whether that was true or not. The extended public conflict with qtan. 

If there was a violation of EK's exclusive Topre distribution that should not have been handled in this thread but behind the scenes with boost.  I believe the administrator covered that area.

Other keyboard businesses  might have the self awareness to avoid public fights about their products.  Brian probably is a keyboard nerd but he appears to lack some of the professionalism I would expect from a business.

Like I said before, if I was Topre, I would reconsider their exclusive distribution agreement.  Their distributor scared me away and I'm sure that I'm not the only one.

I won't say anymore about this little conflict and perhaps it should be moved to a different thread.  But I'm still in on the group buy regardless of the cons.
« Last Edit: Fri, 10 May 2013, 12:41:51 by prdlm2009 »

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #189 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 12:46:03 »
All this drama isn't necessary.

Someone provide a keyboard. Ill buy it. 
Having a bad day?
QFR/Pure/FC660C(45G)/HHKB Pro 2(45G)/RF 87U (55G)

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #190 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 13:18:02 »
The tangential thread regarding EK has been split to a new topic:

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=43405.0

Carry on.
Russ

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #191 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 13:21:53 »

...it really ties the room together.

Sorry, I wanted to just keep lurking this thread when the incident broke out but The Dude was mentioned and The Dude had to make an appearance.

Can't wait to see these 660's once everyone gets them.

Offline Macsmasher

« Reply #192 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 13:29:57 »

Carry on.

Tangential. What a cool word. I gotta remember that one.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #193 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 13:41:19 »

Carry on.

Tangential. What a cool word. I gotta remember that one.

Damn.. that's cooler than contiguous and excursive...

So glad that this GB is going through even though I can't afford one right now. It's through these GB's that the community gains hope in obtaining what is usually not readily obtainable, considering that this GB started before EK announced they'll provide it.
« Last Edit: Fri, 10 May 2013, 13:43:06 by VesperSAINT »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #194 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 19:00:14 »
I even hate Topre now, but guess what - I had put an order through before Brian raised his head here in this forum and now I just want a 660C more than ever  :-* .

It just goes to show, no one ever scares me from what I want to buy and own.

Besides, Boost has always been honest and decent about every Group Buy he runs that's why I'm still here  8) .

I said it before that every keyboard you buy has a chance of dying on you, but I personally have never had one do that to me and I've bought lots whether they were second hand or brand new, they all still work reliably.

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #195 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 20:16:54 »
Just want to clarify a couple of things.

This gb was requested by the members of Geekhack after seeing the first 7 i brought to the USA.

For issues with the keyboards(if any) I will do my best to have this issued fix.

This gb will continue.

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline qtan5370

« Reply #196 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 20:45:52 »
Nice job boost.

About the custom charge, I have been dealing with U.S. Custom for a long time, the chance that you will be taxed is very very low. Depend on how you conduct the invoice and what account will be used to receive money. Unlike EU, U.S. do not have VAT, and keyboard is duty free product. Then, the remaining question is about sale tax, which is state based. However, sale tax would not be collected for online business in most case, like we all purchased from Amazon or eBay.

If the sale of the item is completed oversea (not in states), then also not tax would be collected upon in the custom, for value lower then 200 dollars. It remains a question if the shipping consider a part of the value and if the tax rate to the keyboard still is 0% which means none. I would say yes, and I did post a lot order to U.S. no problem at all.

Hope this information is helpful.       
Look for Keyboard? Check my offers. I have most major keyboard and some caps for you, if you don\'t see it there, ask me. I am Top rated seller on eBay now, and have retail store in China selling keyboard and other gaming staffs.

My eBay store http://stores.ebay.com/E-sports-Gaming-equipments?_rdc=1

My store(lower price than eBay): http://www.keyboardwow.com

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #197 on: Sat, 11 May 2013, 06:55:17 »
Well, looks like I will be dropping out of the group buy, but for any of the drama that has occurred.  I have decided to go big or go home, and save up for the µTron keyboard.  I already know that I like Topre, and typical flat, staggered keyboards are not my cup of tea.  Ergo all the way for this guy.

In other news, expect a µTron to be on sale around late summer.

Offline dante

« Reply #198 on: Sat, 11 May 2013, 09:19:24 »

EK didn't have to say they were carrying it, nor that they even tested it.  All they had to post was "The 660 looks interesting!" or something to that effect and people would have taking it as a sign that it was on their radar - at the same time as not breaking any non-disclosure agreements.

Offline geminimech

« Reply #199 on: Sat, 11 May 2013, 12:39:17 »
Boost, I'm going to bow out of this group buy.

Thank you for your time and effort on this.