Author Topic: ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Buy the Water Stone, Red.  (Read 1838 times)

Offline FlareonTheFalse

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Buy the Water Stone, Red.
« on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 22:01:14 »
I am FlareonTheFalse, follower of the almighty Dome, advocate of democracy, and destroyer of PC boxes.

And I also like keyboards and stuff.  Oh, and computers. Those are great too! I'm living the college life at the moment, but I feel like an investment in a solid keyboard would be a wise choice to make at this point, since I type (very) frequently as an aspiring programmer. Plus the old rubber dome model I was using was disgusting, and I didn't feel like cleaning all the garbage out of what was essentially a piece of garbage all it's own.  Or so I hear; I haven't tried anything other than rubber domes before, and thus wouldn't know the difference.

I'm taking a leap of faith and deciding to go for a Realforce 87U right off the bat. I really want the black shell model, but I -don't- want the black keys. I'd much rather have the white and gray keys from the white shell model; they're easier to see, and I think they would look swell in the black shell board. Sort of a dilemma that I'm currently in, and the only thing thats keeping me from pressing the order button.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
Re: ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Buy the Water Stone, Red.
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 22:31:02 »
Welcome False Prophet!

Glad to see you are going straight to the topre! Red would be proud! :D

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 22:59:23 »
Buy both, swap keycaps, then sell the white one with black keys for more than it originally cost.

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 23:28:49 »
Buy both, swap keycaps, then sell the white one with black keys for more than it originally cost.
This^^^  :))

Or..if you're okay with full sized boards, see if you can find a Realforce 104UB-DK

"Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline FlareonTheFalse

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 11:20:49 »
I went ahead and purchased: http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=topre_keyboards,rftenkeyless&pid=rf_se0800

Any chance of being able to buy a black shell for it later down the road?

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 13:10:58 »
I went ahead and purchased: http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=topre_keyboards,rftenkeyless&pid=rf_se0800

Any chance of being able to buy a black shell for it later down the road?

Well, anything is possible.  However, IMO, a more likely scenario would involve trading your white keyboard for a black one, and keeping the white keycaps. 

That White RF 87U all-55g is a great keyboard.  Great choice!  I personally like the white body and white caps.  I also like the black one too.  If you were out of college and working, I would say get both.  But if you are on a student budget, then just wait.  The black keyboard body is not that great.  There are other keyboards out there that you need to buy. 

Oh, and welcome to GH, and welcome to the Topre brotherhood (or sisterhood).

I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.