Author Topic: Your Favorite Gamepad/Joystick  (Read 26446 times)

Offline HybridCore

Re: Your Favorite Gamepad/Joystick
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 10:50:57 »
My favourite gamepad is still the xbox 360 controller for windows. I have the wired version and its amazing. I tried the Logitech equivalent gamepads as well but they just don't have the same "feel" to it.

I have one of the Logitech gamepads, the F510, and it's got this problem with a huge center deadzone on the analog sticks.  Well, maybe the deadzone isn't that huge, but it feels huge when you're playing.  And it's hardware based, so no disabling it or configuring it in any way.

People have questioned Logitech about it and they insist that they were trying to follow the specs for the 360 controller as closely as possible.  I don't have a 360 controller myself so I can't confirm whether it has as big a deadzone as that.

Hm...well, they might release new gamepads that possibly follow those specs since they already killed off the F510.

My favourite gamepad is still the xbox 360 controller for windows. I have the wired version and its amazing. I tried the Logitech equivalent gamepads as well but they just don't have the same "feel" to it.

I have one of the Logitech gamepads, the F510, and it's got this problem with a huge center deadzone on the analog sticks.  Well, maybe the deadzone isn't that huge, but it feels huge when you're playing.  And it's hardware based, so no disabling it or configuring it in any way.

People have questioned Logitech about it and they insist that they were trying to follow the specs for the 360 controller as closely as possible.  I don't have a 360 controller myself so I can't confirm whether it has as big a deadzone as that.

If by deadzone, you mean the distance between the resting position of the analog sticks to the "activated" position, I can tell you that the Xbox 360 controller have none. At least from what I have been experiencing with. I mainly play NBA 2k13 and COD: BO2 where tiny adjustments are sometimes very critical.

There were some issues with that no dead-zone thing for the 360 controller for me because I was playing Fez at my friend's house (since I don't own an XBox and Fez hasn't been released onto PC yet) and sometimes the analog stick would be ever so slightly off from the resting/nonactive position and it would cause me to walk off of a platform.
Filco Majestouch Black w/ Cherry MX Blues

Offline HybridCore

« Reply #51 on: Fri, 01 March 2013, 18:45:58 »
@PS4 controller

A bit meh. Also slightly making me think about the Ouya commercial.

Don't fix it if it ain't broke.
Filco Majestouch Black w/ Cherry MX Blues

Offline S2000Gan

« Reply #52 on: Fri, 01 March 2013, 20:33:28 »
360 controller
or
Microsoft Force Feedback 2 Joystick

Offline 1839cc

« Reply #53 on: Sat, 02 March 2013, 00:58:01 »
Found a Creative sound card with gameport at a Goodwill for $5.00, so now I have a working gameport again. Unfortunately, Both of my F-16 FLCSs have a twitchy pot. One likes to dive at random while the other jerks to the right. Only happens when centered. They are fairly unusable at this point because of it.

I might swap them around so I have both good pots in the same stick, or maybe I should look into cleaning them.
i have seen unix admins with john deere trucker hats, and even seen a man in a nascar shirt correct a passerby's klingon.

Offline cannedlemons

« Reply #54 on: Sun, 03 March 2013, 21:36:28 »
Madcatz TE fight stick :D