Author Topic: [IC] GMK Shoko  (Read 60028 times)

Offline DJ Shoko

[IC] GMK Shoko
« on: Sun, 27 May 2018, 04:18:31 »
I have an interest check form, please fill it out when you finish checking this IC out ._. click here btw
NEW POLL! What mods you want? https://www.strawpoll.me/15867860

Introduction
Hello everyone, I'm RaySasQuach, aka Shoko Aoi on Discord atm. GMK Shoko is a meme an idea that kinda spawned off of a Discord chat as a meme that I kinda honestly didn't have any intention of making, but I kinda got bored and actually messed around with KLE Editor to make something for it and see how far my meme magic would take me and so GMK Shoko became real enough for me to put this as an interest check. While GMK Shoko isn't the best looking GMK set to have made an appearance this year, it doesn't hurt to put it in interest check and it's the best way to get critique on how to make it better! While it kind of is currently in the "still messing around with the colors phase", I am, for the most part, satisfied with the colors.

Why Shoko? Who in the world is Shoko?
Shoko Aoi is my Discord alias as well as a character in a Japanese rhythm game called "Pop'n Music" and she's my favorite girl, but the colors kinda strayed a bit away from the original concept sorta (honestly the original colors were really bad, soooooo yeah had to change it), but the colors are somewhat like her Pop'n Music Sunny Park's clothing colors, which I think looks nice (but she's my favorite so clear bias). Tho crazy me still wanted a bit of that teal in there, so the accents became teal since that's her hair color (I wish I had something for her green eyes though :().

What other plans do I have?
I might change the colors, but the most I will probably do really is make the alphas or mods darker if I decide to and change the teal accent colors to something different, but the teal accents matches her hair so there is a chance that will stay tbh, but the accents are pretty much Sky Dolch Accent Mods so there is also a chance I will remove it or change the colors (it was GMK N5 or just a more regular blue in my revision like two days ago which may look nicer), so for the most part the concept is complete as is. Another thing is that I may go with icon mods instead of text mods, but I will have to see how those will look first. I also may consider hiragana alphas on here and get a pic of that as soon as I can as a visual to see how much I like it, since the character Shoko Aoi is Japanese after all. I am considering adding a few novelties when I have time to design some (don't count on it tho, I really suck at drawing on a computer). Also, suggestions are always welcomed and I feel like it might be lacking in compatibility, so please suggest what keys to add, since I want to make sure this set ends up fairly nice. If you need to contact me personally for whatever thing relating to this keyset IC, then just PM me here or preferably Discord if you know me there.

For vendors if there is enough interest for a group buy... yeah I literally have no clue yet.

So I present to you, GMK Shoko

Your premium renders by Janglad, please check him out at https://clavier.xyz/

GMK Base Set Render

GMK Icon Mods Set Render

KB Renders TKL Just a slight Photoshop edit on the accents to more accurately represent it.

Extras/Previous Revisions:

REV 3 renders/extra good ol' cheap render:
More
KLE Raw

KLE Icon Raw

REV 2 renders/extra good ol' cheap render:
More
KLE Raw

G80-1800 Layout KLE Render

65% KLE Render w/ Accents

HHKB KLE Render w/ Accents

TKL KLE Render w/ Accents

REV 1.5 renders/extra good ol' cheap render:
More
KLE Raw
NOTE: I changed the color of the TU2 in KLE Editor to try to match what I see in photos of keysets that uses the GMK TU2 color, since the one in KLE Editor seems to be different/darker from all the ones I see in the GMK keysets I see that uses it. So take TU2 with a grain of salt in the renders.

TKL KLE Render w/ Accents

60% KLE Render

REV 1 renders/extra good ol' cheap renders (I really need to thank /u/CQ_Cumbers for his tool):
More
Raw KLE:

Overview KLE Render:

65% KLE Render:

TKL w/ Accents KLE Render:

Updates:
2018/07/02: Set seems mostly finalized, just need to find vendors and get a quote and get it running, also we got a signature now:
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=95821.0][img width=339 height=120]https://raysasquach.s-ul.eu/xwpRPdpW.png[/img][/url]----------
2018/05/30: Well made a few minor adjustments... as in a few, it's actually just one. I changed the accent colors of the keyset. I just felt that TU2 was too bright and saturated in color for a keyset like this with, otherwise, lesser saturated colors and the Pantone just seems easier on the eyes to me and it's still contrasting enough to where I feel like it fits in and it still kinda fits in with the Shoko theme. I may get an actual render from kbrenders, but I'd have to skip out on lunch for work on one of my work days to do this, but if I wanna push this forward, gotta have some decent renders. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Also, I'm not sure when I'll actually get GMK Renders, but if anyone can help me on that, then that would be cool since I'm kinda new to this if that isn't obvious.
Also, please fill this out: https://goo.gl/forms/AcOonrM8NKCaoRE83
----------
2018/05/28: New support added, still unsure on icon mods, I feel like the hiragana alphas don't fit with this colorway in a sense, but I may consider thinking to add it back. The numpad with actual multiplication and division symbols WILL stay for sure though. The teal accents, although I think it would be ideal for the accents, TU2 just seems be too bright to me sometimes, so I might consider on a less saturated teal for the keyset's accents.
Also I might have a novelty key?
----------

Thank you for checking this out, and I hope you people like it. Sorry for the lack of nicer/real renders, but that will eventually come through when I finalize the colors for sure and when I decide this isn't actually a meme.
Please forgive my grammar and formatting, but I've been fairly exhausted lately. So if there's some really bad grammar or formatting then please let me know ._.
Also I am going to add a poll for accent colors if I feel like I have to change it and with colors I think would be appropriate for the set.

P.S. I feel like it's crazy how I made a keyset design based on a fictional girl, LMAO... And I can't believe I actually am putting this as an interest check. Lowkey, this probably should have been called GMK Frosty to be very honest, but Shoko was the original idea, so it's gonna stay as GMK Shoko.
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 October 2018, 04:13:30 by RaySasQuach »

Offline Sshimosawa

Re: [IC] GMK Shoko
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 27 May 2018, 04:44:46 »
Ok. I am down. Lets get some fun novelties!

Offline dimo

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 27 May 2018, 11:50:51 »
This is perfect... high hopes for this :)

Offline Bits

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 27 May 2018, 17:10:36 »
As a fan of Bemani rhythm games, you had me at pop'n

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Sun, 27 May 2018, 20:03:56 by Bits »

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 27 May 2018, 17:27:41 »
Clean-looking, "icy" kind of set. Nice to see something like this in ABS. Would consider it for sure.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline Corgiattackkk

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 27 May 2018, 18:23:22 »
Interested! Loving the muted colors and then that bright pop of blue  :thumb:

Offline portbaron

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 27 May 2018, 21:29:43 »
If the actual grays have blue in them like the renders, this would be a nice set.
| LIVING THE 1800 LIFE |

Offline reijikyosuke

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 27 May 2018, 22:14:24 »
I see Bemani-Themed character owo

Such man of culture, you are.

*edit : I hope you are not sue'd by konami lol jk*
« Last Edit: Sun, 27 May 2018, 22:30:17 by reijikyosuke »

Offline goodman247

• It's confirmed, I'm an idiot.
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 27 May 2018, 22:29:18 »
As an anime lover, I approve!!

Offline DJ Shoko

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 28 May 2018, 03:38:58 »
Wow thanks for the support so far.

I made a KLE image with the Hiragana and (somewhat) icon mods, obviously the icon mods aren't gonna look like that too much (but KLE was kinda limited on what I could do), but I made a poll to see what people would prefer. Also no KLE Render, it kinda crapshot the Hiragana alphas so no nicer image for that atm. Maybe I can Photoshop the KLE Render for it though when I have time. But anyways here's the Strawpoll for it, just keep in note... I might just go my way still https://strawpoll.com/6fgzhce3

The KLE pic from yesterday.
More

I see Bemani-Themed character owo

Such man of culture, you are.

*edit : I hope you are not sue'd by konami lol jk*
Konmai can't legal me... I hope

Offline dyrdevil

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 23:21:08 »
i have no interest in the anime, but this is a gorgeous colorway.  i'm not 100% sure the cyan works. it's a bit flashy imo for the mood of the set.  but i realize it's a themed idea and i respect that - just my 2 cents. very nice

Offline Auxo

• Formerly CJD_Anthony
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 30 May 2018, 00:59:37 »
Dude... sick!! I've always wanted a themed board based off of Moimoi (from Pop'n as well), but previous JTK black/pink wasn't up to my standards unfortunately. It is great to see that there is someone else out here that enjoys bemani games :) gl with the run!!
UNREALFORCE TKL | KMAC Happy | LSJ Ares | LZ CLS h | NIX Sofia | Noxary X60 | OTD 356 Mini | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 (Black) | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | PFU Limited HHKB JP Type-S | SINGA x TGR Unikorn | TGR 60% | Weaston & nachie GSKT-00 |
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | MIRA SE | TGR Alice | Southpaw Fullsize (pending shipping) | Daily driver: TGR Alice
Collection: Salamander PC, Keycult No1(OG) Salamander TKL, M60A, THE60, Jane V2, LZ MP, LZ GH V2, KC 1/60, OTD 456GT. Kepler, Think 6.5 Brass, Think 6.5 PC, T60, The Raine, F77, E7-V1 SE
Topre Realforce 87U 55g | Corsair K70 w/ MX Browns | Unicomp Ultra Classic
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 Quickfire Pro | TADA 68 | Novatouch | Whitefox | Octagon v1 | Blackbird | HHKB Pro 2 | KBD75 | VE.A | X60 | Canoe | HHKB Pro 1 | FJELL | Revo One | ALPS64 | Lightsaver v3 | IBM 5140 WKL | Realforce 87u | MIRA SE | Duck Poker | Canoe | Moon | Weaven | M65-A | EXENT | Wooden Planck | Tokyo60| Viper v1 | E6-v2 | IBM SSK | CA66 | TX-CP | SINGA | TGR Alice | FJELL R2 | Klippe | JER-A06 | GSKT-00 | M60-A | Realforce 84u | AL1 | Keycult No. 1 | SaiB-CP | G81-3077SAU | DC60 | Realforce 84ub | TMO50 | G80-1800 | Leaf 80 | LZ GH-v2 | T60 | LZ MP | KMAC Happy | TGR-910RE (Al) | TGR-910RE (PC) | SKB60 | UNIKORN | TGR Jane v2 | Xeno

Offline DJ Shoko

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 30 May 2018, 02:53:32 »
New interest check form, one update which is the accent colors, that's kinda it so far, so please fill this out: https://goo.gl/forms/AcOonrM8NKCaoRE83
Also I'll stop being cheap on this... eventually...

i have no interest in the anime, but this is a gorgeous colorway.  i'm not 100% sure the cyan works. it's a bit flashy imo for the mood of the set.  but i realize it's a themed idea and i respect that - just my 2 cents. very nice
I hope the new accent colors fits in better, since I just changed it actually.

Dude... sick!! I've always wanted a themed board based off of Moimoi (from Pop'n as well), but previous JTK black/pink wasn't up to my standards unfortunately. It is great to see that there is someone else out here that enjoys bemani games :) gl with the run!!
Yea, I actually got into this hobby because of the Bemani community. Moimoi would be an interesting inspiration tho, but making colors work when they aren't black, white, or gray... it's just really annoying sometimes. But anyways thanks, I've never really done anything like this before, so it'd be interesting how it turns out. If I feel like everything is in place in terms of key compatibility, colors, and price (when I actually stop being a shy introvert and email GMK about pricing), I will contact a few U.S. vendors to see who'd be willing to host the GB itself and then find proxies from there (but the group buy will probably happen after all the hyped up GMK sets' GB have been closed).

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 12:56:30 »
might want to consider a name change

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoko_Asahara
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline zekkin

• my entire life was unlimited zekk works
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 13:17:16 »

The name's fine. OP explained the origin quite clearly and it has nothing to do with the linked person. Now people will know because YOU brought it up.

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #15 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 13:20:20 »
Can we please get a 5-2002-0000 novelty :))

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 13:30:50 »

The name's fine. OP explained the origin quite clearly and it has nothing to do with the linked person. Now people will know because YOU brought it up.

i'm just complaining for no reason
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline THRILLHOIAF

« Reply #17 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 14:20:00 »
color scheme reminds me of Zilean from League of Legends

Offline lunr

« Reply #18 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 14:37:29 »
I quite like the hiragana but I am a weeb in heart.

Offline 1Weeb

• ◕w◕
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 23:19:02 »
I'm not much into anime myself but I'm always in on weeb sets  :thumb:

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
« Reply #20 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 06:00:52 »
I don't know what character is that but i'm definitely interested at the set.
TGR Jane V1 CE - TGR Jane v2 - TGR Jane V2 CE  - TGR 910 R1 - TGR 910 RE Polycarbonate - TGR 910v3 Prototype - TGR Police - TGR Tris - TGR Tomo Polycarbonate - RS60 - RS65 "Pendora" - RS TKL - EM8

Offline smurkcity12

« Reply #21 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 06:32:13 »
I don't dislike the cyan mods, but they do seem a little out if place with the rest of the set. It might just be the color of the legend on those keys that throws me off.

Overall, I like this set more and more each time I look at it. It's simple but elegant.

Offline portbaron

« Reply #22 on: Sun, 03 June 2018, 02:31:42 »
I'm not much into anime myself but I'm always in on weeb sets  :thumb:
Yet your avatar is anime and so is the quote below it lol.
| LIVING THE 1800 LIFE |

Offline zap2oz

« Reply #23 on: Sun, 03 June 2018, 16:04:49 »
Looks good!

Offline wikkiwikki420

« Reply #24 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 23:14:00 »
Darn.. This is actually a sick colorway that I would be interested in finding on my board one day.
GMK Terror and GMK Slasher damn it.

Offline Nomcr

• Hi I'm Cayde
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 23:20:06 »
I really love that shade of blue! Definitely keeping my eye on this and am interested!

Offline dimo

« Reply #26 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 23:28:30 »
Time for some better renders?

Offline crystalflame

« Reply #27 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 00:10:10 »
Very nice, although how much I like it depends on which of my monitors the window is on because some are more blueish than others :/

Offline portbaron

« Reply #28 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 01:01:55 »
Very nice, although how much I like it depends on which of my monitors the window is on because some are more blueish than others :/
Icy gray for the win.
| LIVING THE 1800 LIFE |

Offline JJ

[IC] GMK Shoko
« Reply #29 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 01:23:26 »
Would be cool to see some new icon mods

Offline SingSong

« Reply #30 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 20:22:37 »
Not usually a fan of blue sets (there are SO MANY) but this is such a classy, subdued look while still being interesting.

Offline Pewpew

« Reply #31 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 20:24:53 »
I am in. Big fan of anime.

Offline flameray

« Reply #32 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 22:39:31 »
Would love to see a render with the hiragana legends if possible but otherwise interested in the set  :thumb:

Offline dimo

« Reply #33 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 22:45:05 »
Imma be selling plum for this c:

Offline Snappo

• meme
« Reply #34 on: Fri, 08 June 2018, 04:44:12 »
Nice. Love the pastel/muted kinda look. keep the accented keys pls.  :thumb:

Offline Aerizu

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #35 on: Fri, 08 June 2018, 05:31:59 »
Nice set of colors. Will probably be my first GMK, and bluish set if it goes through.

An R4 1.5 "Fn", and R4 1.0 "Menu" keys would be nice :)

Offline Krona

« Reply #36 on: Fri, 08 June 2018, 05:46:11 »
Pretty cool, really hope it gets some novelties

Offline giangtran19x

« Reply #37 on: Fri, 08 June 2018, 13:28:28 »
Novelties plsss  :D

Offline tunadesu

« Reply #38 on: Fri, 08 June 2018, 16:20:28 »
The more I come back and look, the more I like haha. I liked the accents alot, and am in for hiragana :)

Offline dimo

« Reply #39 on: Fri, 08 June 2018, 16:22:25 »
i’m so innnnn

Offline LeoShi

« Reply #40 on: Fri, 08 June 2018, 16:37:59 »
Need some Novelties :)

Offline kyoumau

« Reply #41 on: Fri, 08 June 2018, 21:08:10 »
Beautiful colors. The more I look it, the more I want it.

Offline JamesShaw

« Reply #42 on: Sat, 09 June 2018, 12:23:46 »
Looking forward to see its Novelties  :cool:

Offline lumpofunworth

• I’m a guy, that does stuff, with things, for fun.
« Reply #43 on: Sat, 09 June 2018, 22:05:59 »
I’m not into anime or rhythm games... like at all, but these colors are my dream pallet. I’m a huge fan of the muted blue hues, this is a god tier set for me. My only suggestion is if you design some dank novelties be sure to put some nice neutral ones in for those like me who don’t have any interest in its origin. I would love to see some cool novelties that went well with the color rather than the theme. That being said, it’s your set, rock on and roll with it, I will most likely buy into this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like keyboards like I like people... I like keyboards a bit more come to think of it... nvm

Offline Duckunderscore

« Reply #44 on: Sat, 09 June 2018, 22:07:48 »
I absolutely love this set, i need it on a silver board :[

Offline DJ Shoko

« Reply #45 on: Sun, 10 June 2018, 03:53:16 »

Few minor changes and I am busy, added a few novelty keys, threw in accents again (font's now the pantone of the alpha's base). Removed mod colored F1-F4 and F9-F12 (I didn't want to throw in too many keys). Also forgot to mention but the "COOL!!" Novelty's colors are RO1 base and WS1 font, since I wanted something for the tie, but I honestly may make that the ESC key instead. Strawpoll about the mods: https://www.strawpoll.me/15867860

I'm probably either doing text only or text+icons.

Thanks for the support ^_^
« Last Edit: Sun, 10 June 2018, 03:57:06 by RaySasQuach »

Offline Aerizu

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #46 on: Sun, 10 June 2018, 06:56:06 »
Show Image

Few minor changes and I am busy, added a few novelty keys, threw in accents again (font's now the pantone of the alpha's base). Removed mod colored F1-F4 and F9-F12 (I didn't want to throw in too many keys). Also forgot to mention but the "COOL!!" Novelty's colors are RO1 base and WS1 font, since I wanted something for the tie, but I honestly may make that the ESC key instead. Strawpoll about the mods: https://www.strawpoll.me/15867860

Maybe some accented novelties? (and some R4 novelties as well)
The new accented "enter" key seems OK, but the color maybe a bit too vivid/saturated compared to the other colors.

I'm probably either doing text only or text+icons.

+1 for text only modifiers :)

Offline avid

« Reply #47 on: Sun, 10 June 2018, 08:00:43 »
I like the colors. Would much rather see it without novelties and make it $10-15 cheaper. I think including red for one key will also make it more expensive?

Please icon mods. All massdrop sets are text-only, all donut sets are text only. Icon mods looks way better.

Offline JJ

« Reply #48 on: Sun, 10 June 2018, 08:36:41 »
Would love icon mods only! Very interested in this set, would you know when approximately it would hit gb?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Offline portbaron

« Reply #49 on: Sun, 10 June 2018, 13:43:33 »
Cool, usually some of the novelties are also printed on R4 too. The red enter is a big key, and maybe seems a bit much with the toned down color scheme overall.
| LIVING THE 1800 LIFE |