Author Topic: Your Good Side (Facial Profile)  (Read 1844 times)

Offline Kavik

Your Good Side (Facial Profile)
« on: Thu, 05 August 2021, 10:35:24 »
Although I already knew it, seeing myself on webcam more frequently while working from home has made it more apparent that my left side is "my good side". For whatever reason, I look like a Picasso painting from the right. I used to think it was just a matter of how my hair rests (left to right), but lately it seems to be the structure of my face itself. Maybe I'm just vain.

What's your good side? Why do people have "good sides"?
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Your Good Side (Facial Profile)
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 05 August 2021, 12:53:47 »
Ontop of congenital geometry, people also have a preferred side they sleep on which increases asymmetry

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 06 August 2021, 12:16:26 »
As appearance is subjective (everyone likes what they like, no consensus) and I'm attracted to females (I'm male) even if I did spend any time looking in a mirror (I don't) I wouldn't feel qualified to offer an opinion as to which side of my face would be my 'good side'.

At least I sleep on my back so I'm not destroying half of my face (assuming tp4's comment has any basis in reality - more pillow-sweat could mean worse skin...)
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 06 August 2021, 13:03:39 »
There has been considerable study on this subject.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/04/120420123847.htm
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 06 August 2021, 20:46:58 »
Although I already knew it, seeing myself on webcam more frequently while working from home has made it more apparent that my left side is "my good side". For whatever reason, I look like a Picasso painting from the right. I used to think it was just a matter of how my hair rests (left to right), but lately it seems to be the structure of my face itself. Maybe I'm just vain.

What's your good side? Why do people have "good sides"?

My parting side is to the side on the right

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 06 August 2021, 20:53:49 »
100% my left. Everything on my body is better on the left side except my handwriting.