Author Topic: Clack Therapy  (Read 8547523 times)

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
Re: Clack Therapy
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 20 July 2013, 02:46:37 »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #51 on: Sat, 20 July 2013, 06:53:11 »

Offline HongKongFui

• No, you couldn't
« Reply #52 on: Sat, 20 July 2013, 07:23:23 »
Is this a riddle?

No, I only read that word here and there, but didn't know what was meant and wasn't curious enough to search the answer  :-[ Now I know, thx...

Offline jeffgran

« Reply #53 on: Sat, 20 July 2013, 13:31:01 »
The funny thing is that if these were being mass produced and on sale all the time in whatever color you wanted, I bet they would be so "meh". Seems like it's only because they're (artificially?) rare that they're such a status symbol around here. Anybody remember Beanie Babies? $30K for a little stuffed bear.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #54 on: Sat, 20 July 2013, 13:52:52 »
The funny thing is that if these were being mass produced and on sale all the time in whatever color you wanted, I bet they would be so "meh". Seems like it's only because they're (artificially?) rare that they're such a status symbol around here. Anybody remember Beanie Babies? $30K for a little stuffed bear.

That's a given. Though I would say artificially rare is false. This is one man doing this in his spare time away from family and work. What more do you want from him? Beanie Babies were manufactured on a large scale, and perhaps could have been manufactured in higher volumes, but I suppose in the beginning, they weren't sure if they would sell and then when they noticed they were on to something, the wanted to maintain that with the initial rarity.

In the end though, that's human nature. To covet, to want what your neighbor has that you don't. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #55 on: Sat, 20 July 2013, 14:15:53 »
I find it really crappy that so many people give Click Clack a bad rap because they can't get the CC they want. He happens to take great pride in his work and doesn't want it to be just another piece of plastic out there.
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #56 on: Sat, 20 July 2013, 14:41:29 »
I wish I had clacks to worry about.
I love Elzy

Offline SeriouSSpotS

• 60% is love, 60% is life
« Reply #57 on: Sat, 20 July 2013, 15:04:04 »
I wish I had clacks to worry about.

^^
QFR - MX black   |   Poker X - Panda Clears   |   Poker 2 - MX blue

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #58 on: Sat, 20 July 2013, 15:07:43 »
I only have a Hack Orange I recieved from the secret santa and it will never leave me, i love it :D
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline jeffgran

« Reply #59 on: Sat, 20 July 2013, 16:13:19 »
Though I would say artificially rare is false.

In the end though, that's human nature. To covet, to want what your neighbor has that you don't. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Yeah I wasn't sure if he was making them by hand or not. They all look so identical. :)

Totally agree with your point though -- that's just human nature, nothing wrong with that.

Offline Moosecraft

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #60 on: Sat, 20 July 2013, 16:20:32 »
The only clack I would really want is the sticky icky, however I probably won't own one for atleast a while since I don't think my parents would approve and probably figure out what I do with my friends..
 :p :p
I am bigfatmc over at other places!

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #61 on: Sat, 20 July 2013, 16:26:47 »
I thought Swedes didn't care about weed... I've been had!

Offline Moosecraft

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #62 on: Sat, 20 July 2013, 16:27:59 »
Well its called sWEEDen for a reason  ;)
I am bigfatmc over at other places!

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #63 on: Sat, 20 July 2013, 16:35:50 »
My faith in humanity has been restored.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #64 on: Sat, 20 July 2013, 17:25:39 »
I had two goals in Clackland.
1) octoberfest (achieved thanks to bunz)
2) 3 piece Rasta themed trifecta consisting of yellow on red sticky icky icky (my holy grail clack) an f2 yellow skull and a green skull that doesn't exist yet in the proper color.
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #65 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 07:48:17 »

That's a given. Though I would say artificially rare is false. This is one man doing this in his spare time away from family and work. What more do you want from him? Beanie Babies were manufactured on a large scale, and perhaps could have been manufactured in higher volumes, but I suppose in the beginning, they weren't sure if they would sell and then when they noticed they were on to something, the wanted to maintain that with the initial rarity.

Wonder if we could get a commissioned beanie baby clack.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #66 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 08:03:34 »

Wonder if we could get a commissioned beanie baby clack.

Still waiting for my Cthulhu CC. Sometime in the next 1000 years I'm sure.

Offline Jack Karneval

• I'm gunna pop some keys, only got $20 in my pocket
« Reply #67 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 08:49:17 »

ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME? I HAVE ONE OF THOSE!!!! As well as many other rare beanie babies.....

*Runs to closet.......*
: CM Storm Trigger (MX Green) : KBT Pure Pro (MX Blue) :

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #68 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 08:56:49 »

ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME? I HAVE ONE OF THOSE!!!! As well as many other rare beanie babies.....

*Runs to closet.......*

Lol. My parents have a few of those. The BB craze hit our household at one point. I highly doubt they will see anywhere near that amount for that one or any BB at this point. I think that bubble burst a long time ago......
Looking for CC's!

Offline Jack Karneval

• I'm gunna pop some keys, only got $20 in my pocket
« Reply #69 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 08:59:03 »

*Runs to closet.......*

Lol. My parents have a few of those. The BB craze hit our household at one point. I highly doubt they will see anywhere near that amount for that one or any BB at this point. I think that bubble burst a long time ago......

Hey I'd be happy if I could get a coule hundred for it.... it ain't doing me any good otherwise lol.
: CM Storm Trigger (MX Green) : KBT Pure Pro (MX Blue) :

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #70 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 22:01:56 »
How realistic (or not) is it to get an Turquoise clack at this point?  I have only seen it on "documentation" photos, but never in trades so far.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #71 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 22:07:09 »
How realistic (or not) is it to get an Turquoise clack at this point?  I have only seen it on "documentation" photos, but never in trades so far.

Why not get a White one and paint it?

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #72 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 22:30:36 »
I don't know if I'd do well at dying plastic.  And the turquoise skull is already the perfect color.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #73 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 22:31:37 »

Why not get a White one and paint it?

Paint it?

Are you mad?!?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #74 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 22:35:42 »
Paint is never an ideal solution. It cracks, it peels, it's sticky if done wrong. It's really horrible stuff when you think about it.. dying and anodising are the only methods of colouring I want to use. It's a shame you can't dye and anodise all materials.
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 July 2013, 22:37:40 by Photekq »
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #75 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 00:55:58 »
I assume this is going to be the QQ thread for people who don't get in on the sale tomorrow?

inb4 I don't get in on the sale and you will see me here.
I love Elzy

Offline TrueOP

« Reply #76 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 01:26:29 »
I assume this is going to be the QQ thread for people who don't get in on the sale tomorrow?

Where is the sale at?  I want a pink skull for my noppoo :o

*Edit
found it.  It says to email him, but i cant find that info;  If anyone pms me clack's email it would be appreciated !

*Edit
okay will wait for the email to be posted...  Hmm white skull would look pretty sweet   xD
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 July 2013, 10:49:21 by TrueOP »
Noppoo Choc Mini

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #77 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 01:30:10 »

lol

Sure, it is hard to get in, but we are pretty much all in the same boat. Generally, they are not easy to get, you know that. So the people who have them had to invest in some way. Either they have been on the forum for a long time, spent time hunting for flash sales or simply spent money to buy them. For someone who has not done all those things, it makes sense he has not obtained one yet. I do not think that is unfair.

Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #78 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 01:33:36 »
I've had numerous opportunities to get clacks. All you need to do is be patient. I skipped out on those opportunities because I didn't like the colors.
I love Elzy

Offline yearn4

• formerly known as 4en
« Reply #79 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 02:16:57 »
where is mr clacks email :(

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #80 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 02:18:26 »
where is mr clacks email :(

It will appear in the 4grabs thread just before the sale time.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline yearn4

• formerly known as 4en
« Reply #81 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 02:51:43 »
ty rowdy kind sir.
literally RIGHT BEFORE the sale time?

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #82 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 02:56:23 »

All the loners to the back of the dance floor. We brought our PSP's
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #83 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 03:07:17 »
ty rowdy kind sir.

No. He's not that malicious.

He really truly and honestly wants you to own his work. However, to be fair to everyone, he chooses to give everyone a chance.
Looking for CC's!

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #84 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 04:31:31 »
ty rowdy kind sir.

He puts up his email, which is different every time about an hour early.
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #85 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 11:06:05 »
Seems like DanGWanG needs some Clack therapy:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Clickclack

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #86 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 11:12:06 »
Seems like DanGWanG needs some Clack therapy:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Clickclack

Except that isn't actually Dan

Offline oTurtlez

• DAT ZACKATTACK
  • Fo' Realforce
« Reply #87 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 11:13:44 »
TOO BAD FOR YOU

Phantom 62g MX Whites    

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #88 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 11:22:58 »

No, who is it?  I know Dan threw a Clack and keyboard fit not too long ago.

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #89 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 11:25:04 »

No, who is it?  I know Dan threw a Clack and keyboard fit not too long ago.

It's someone who was most likely a hater (that's pretty obvious). And he didn't really throw a fit, he just decided to get out of the game, which if someone needs the money, I don't see a problem with sacrificing your hobby to get that money.

People get stupid over clacks....

Offline Danule

• ###
« Reply #90 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 11:26:30 »
cant wait, gonna get me a jucicle :3
45g Brown Brown Blue

Offline Danule

• ###
« Reply #91 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 11:30:38 »
What profile are these caps usually in anway?
45g Brown Brown Blue

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #92 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 11:35:21 »
(╯°□°)╯︵ sʞɔɐlƆ

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #93 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 11:36:40 »

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #94 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 11:37:42 »
If you want to speed up your internet make sure there are no cables in your ethernet port about 20 seconds before the sale goes live!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #95 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 11:39:48 »
What profile are these caps usually in anway?

He's got his own profile. It's curved like Cherry but taller than Cherry and shorter than OEM.

Offline growler

« Reply #96 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 12:11:01 »
I'm sort of not exactly sure how this all goes down... is there a link posted on fhe Heads Up post on ClackFactory, or is it on 4Grabs? Or....  is it a new thread somewhere?

Do we know what will be for sale (Topre, Cherry, etc?)

Sorry, noob, I guess if I'd seen it in action before I'd know what was coming!

Ta
Don't just stare at it ...

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #97 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 12:12:13 »
I'm sort of not exactly sure how this all goes down... is there a link posted on fhe Heads Up post on ClackFactory, or is it on 4Grabs? Or....  is it a new thread somewhere?

Do we know what will be for sale (Topre, Cherry, etc?)

Sorry, noob, I guess if I'd seen it in action before I'd know what was coming!

Ta
4Grabs 2 & 3rd post

Offline Danule

• ###
« Reply #98 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 12:35:31 »
how is there very little left of some of these before the sale has even started?
hahaha
45g Brown Brown Blue

Offline growler

« Reply #99 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 12:51:40 »
I don't get it, the countdown clock says 1hr 11 mins still to go, but they are already being sold? I can't even see his email address to email him...
Don't just stare at it ...