Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4155968 times)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #28750 on: Sun, 25 July 2021, 08:13:02 »

someone managed to make 30% of the population believe

This is what is bothering me.
"It turns out that for a decade, whenever Trump wanted to get a loan, or make a deal, he would inflate the value of his real estate. For instance, suggesting that his 11,000-square foot penthouse was a 30,000-square foot penthouse.
And the attorney general of New York knew that Trump's property values were inflated because when it came time to pay taxes, Trump undervalued the very same properties.
It was all part of a very sophisticated real estate practice known as “lying.”
- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #28752 on: Fri, 30 July 2021, 19:45:13 »
When governors on tv suck up to the president,  it's soooo cringe..

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #28753 on: Fri, 30 July 2021, 21:34:48 »
I worked for FEMA for a while. A governor can declare disasters (by county) in his state, at the state's expense, and it is the President's prerogative as to whether it rises to the level of a Federal disaster (also by county). If a governor can convince the President to step in, it can be worth a lot of money to the state, at the Federal government's expense.
"It turns out that for a decade, whenever Trump wanted to get a loan, or make a deal, he would inflate the value of his real estate. For instance, suggesting that his 11,000-square foot penthouse was a 30,000-square foot penthouse.
And the attorney general of New York knew that Trump's property values were inflated because when it came time to pay taxes, Trump undervalued the very same properties.
- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28754 on: Fri, 30 July 2021, 21:45:29 »
I worked for FEMA for a while. A governor can declare disasters (by county) in his state, at the state's expense, and it is the President's prerogative as to whether it rises to the level of a Federal disaster (also by county). If a governor can convince the President to step in, it can be worth a lot of money to the state, at the Federal government's expense.

I don't doubt the motivation, but the wording they chose, and on tv no less... maximum Cringe.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #28755 on: Sat, 31 July 2021, 18:46:03 »
My neighbors stupid ****ing barking little piece of **** dog that has been yapping for 7.5hrs straight on my day off. I want to crush it's little skull then grind it's body into the concrete until it is just a smear of brownish red in the sidewalk. I hate that dog so much. Why won't it shut the **** up?!?!

It's always the little ones that are the most annoying, like they have something to prove.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28756 on: Sat, 31 July 2021, 18:48:32 »
My neighbors stupid ****ing barking little piece of **** dog that has been yapping for 7.5hrs straight on my day off. I want to crush it's little skull then grind it's body into the concrete until it is just a smear of brownish red in the sidewalk. I hate that dog so much. Why won't it shut the **** up?!?!

It's always the little ones that are the most annoying, like they have something to prove.

have read that neighbor poisoning other people's pets is a common occurrence.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #28757 on: Sat, 31 July 2021, 19:03:15 »

have read that neighbor poisoning other people's pets is a common occurrence.

I can see why!

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #28759 on: Sun, 01 August 2021, 04:40:08 »

Can relate. I have a neighbor with a cat that will often get into my room from the window and take a piss/poo in my living room. Last week I told the owner that if she doesn't take care of the cat I'll call some authorities.

The cat is terrific, he's very docile and playful but I'm really not happy with waking up and stepping on poop specially from a cat that wanders around a lot and might be sick
A pessimist will tell you the cup is half empty. An optimist will tell you the cup is half full. An engineer will tell you it's exactly twice the size it needs to be.

Offline Vox_PT

« Reply #28760 on: Sun, 01 August 2021, 06:34:41 »
The time it takes for a simple WTB / WTS thread to get approved on the Classifieds bothers me a little bit.

In every other forum or place I know you get your thread up and running instantly but GeekHack is different, because reasons I suppose.

Offline yui

« Reply #28761 on: Sun, 01 August 2021, 08:09:10 »
The time it takes for a simple WTB / WTS thread to get approved on the Classifieds bothers me a little bit.

In every other forum or place I know you get your thread up and running instantly but GeekHack is different, because reasons I suppose.

because mods are voluntary so they have a main job and have a ton of work other than approving tens of classified threads, they do their best but there is a bit of a bot and advert problem that takes a lot of their time.
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #28762 on: Sun, 01 August 2021, 08:28:08 »

My neighbors stupid ****ing barking little piece of **** dog that has been yapping

poisoning

All of my adjoining neighbors have dogs but the horrible one is fenced in a small area of the yard where the houses are closest together and immediately outside my bedroom window. At that spot, my side yard is only 8 feet wide! They put it out (presumably for bathroom purposes) at all hours of day and night (sometimes at 3:00 or 4:00 in the morning) and keep it locked out for half an hour - which is 1 minute of voiding and 29 minutes of barking.

Whichever dogs are outside at the time of barking will all chime in and encourage each other.

I have considered the poison route many times, but an arrow would be far more satisfying.

- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28763 on: Sun, 01 August 2021, 08:33:19 »
I have considered the poison route many times, but an arrow would be far more satisfying.

What about buying a bigger dog yourself.  have read that it can quiet the smaller dogs.

Offline yui

« Reply #28764 on: Sun, 01 August 2021, 08:40:59 »

My neighbors stupid ****ing barking little piece of **** dog that has been yapping

poisoning

All of my adjoining neighbors have dogs but the horrible one is fenced in a small area of the yard where the houses are closest together and immediately outside my bedroom window. At that spot, my side yard is only 8 feet wide! They put it out (presumably for bathroom purposes) at all hours of day and night (sometimes at 3:00 or 4:00 in the morning) and keep it locked out for half an hour - which is 1 minute of voiding and 29 minutes of barking.

Whichever dogs are outside at the time of barking will all chime in and encourage each other.

kinda feel like the problem is the human and not the dog, locking their dog out like that seems rather inhumane, dunno, i feel like the dog is barking to get back in.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #28765 on: Sun, 01 August 2021, 08:52:34 »

the dog is barking to get back in

Of course it is.  But who wants a **** dog inside of their house?  Not me!
- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

Offline yui

« Reply #28766 on: Sun, 01 August 2021, 09:00:18 »

the dog is barking to get back in

Of course it is.  But who wants a **** dog inside of their house?  Not me!
well yeah, for sure, but then you maybe should not own a dog then, that is my opinion though.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #28767 on: Sun, 01 August 2021, 12:35:13 »
Two years ago I came home tired and medically stupid with a huge bag full of camping stuff.  The dirty clothes got washed and the sleeping bag, blow up mattress, pillow and travel towel were all put back in the drawer under my bed where they came from.  I remember none of this except that I bough some t-shirts that I have worn since and the stuff was in the drawer when I looked today.

The question is what happened to my tent, extra groundsheet, fold up chair and the huge bag all said stuff was last seen in?  I don't even know what colour the huge bag, chair or tent bag are (all were bought for the trip) and I'm assuming I'm looking for a big bag with everything in, though I was expecting all the stuff that was in the drawer to be in it too and it clearly isn't.

How can you find something when you have no idea what it looks like?  I need it in just over a week!
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28768 on: Sun, 01 August 2021, 14:12:47 »
Two years ago I came home tired and medically stupid with a huge bag full of camping stuff.  The dirty clothes got washed and the sleeping bag, blow up mattress, pillow and travel towel were all put back in the drawer under my bed where they came from.  I remember none of this except that I bough some t-shirts that I have worn since and the stuff was in the drawer when I looked today.

The question is what happened to my tent, extra groundsheet, fold up chair and the huge bag all said stuff was last seen in?  I don't even know what colour the huge bag, chair or tent bag are (all were bought for the trip) and I'm assuming I'm looking for a big bag with everything in, though I was expecting all the stuff that was in the drawer to be in it too and it clearly isn't.

How can you find something when you have no idea what it looks like?  I need it in just over a week!

Goin' campn' ?

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #28769 on: Sun, 01 August 2021, 14:39:46 »

Goin' campn' ?
As the UK adult population should be 90% half vaccinated and 75% fully I'm going to a music festival, so like camping except instead of hunting you can get veggie food from a choice of vendors   Entry also requires a negative Lateral Flow Test so while it's not safe it's about as close as you can get and if it's as windy as 2019 (when they closed the main stage because of the wind) the virus wont be hanging in the air long anyway.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28770 on: Sun, 01 August 2021, 15:12:04 »
As the UK adult population should be 90% half vaccinated and 75% fully I'm going to a music festival, so like camping except instead of hunting you can get veggie food from a choice of vendors
Show Image
  Entry also requires a negative Lateral Flow Test so while it's not safe it's about as close as you can get and if it's as windy as 2019 (when they closed the main stage because of the wind) the virus wont be hanging in the air long anyway.

Buhhh Delta Mutation.... !!

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #28771 on: Sun, 01 August 2021, 15:28:21 »

Goin' campn' ?
As the UK adult population should be 90% half vaccinated and 75% fully I'm going to a music festival, so like camping except instead of hunting you can get veggie food from a choice of vendors
Show Image
  Entry also requires a negative Lateral Flow Test so while it's not safe it's about as close as you can get and if it's as windy as 2019 (when they closed the main stage because of the wind) the virus wont be hanging in the air long anyway.

Take care. Even in countries with high percentage of vaccinated adults, there seems to be an ongoing surge in Delta-variant cases; the UK being one of them. Use masks and keep your distance. Don't kiss any strangers in the mouth, specially if under LSD.
A pessimist will tell you the cup is half empty. An optimist will tell you the cup is half full. An engineer will tell you it's exactly twice the size it needs to be.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28772 on: Sun, 01 August 2021, 15:39:47 »
Take care. Even in countries with high percentage of vaccinated adults, there seems to be an ongoing surge in Delta-variant cases; the UK being one of them. Use masks and keep your distance. Don't kiss any strangers in the mouth, specially if under LSD.

You know perfectly well, that's not how SOrange rolls, he be kissn' everyone and everything.

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #28773 on: Sun, 01 August 2021, 15:54:08 »

You know perfectly well, that's not how SOrange rolls, he be kissn' everyone and everything.

I wouldn't know. Never kissed him.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #28774 on: Sun, 01 August 2021, 16:11:07 »
Buhhh Delta Mutation.... !!

Show Image
And Epsilon next month... I'm not in denial but I could have been hit off my bike twice in a week not long ago which could have killed me and I've had to risk catching covid going to work since day one so why not risk it again for pleasure now some of the scientific guessers say it's OK.

Kissing?  LSD??  That sounds like a rave (dance music *shudder*) not a festival where actual bands play.  Though maybe you saw the 60's when things were different...

It will be plenty loud enough that you don't need to cram in near the front so I never have and at least this year still wont, and I've had a mask in my pocket all week despite only leaving the house on Monday and today so that's second nature too.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #28775 on: Sun, 01 August 2021, 16:34:03 »
Kissing?  LSD??  That sounds like a rave (dance music *shudder*) not a festival where actual bands play.  Though maybe you saw the 60's when things were different...

What do you mean 60's? I have friends taking LSD and kissing strangers to this day

Although a Pink Floyd show might be better enjoyed with LSD

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #28776 on: Sun, 01 August 2021, 17:38:13 »
What do you mean 60's? I have friends taking LSD and kissing strangers to this day

I shouldn't say much about the 60s as I wasn't there but I'm pretty sure they had lots of drugs with their bands at festivals.  Your friends would not be my friends even when I was young due to having completely different personalities/outlook on life, but I shouldn't judge them negatively as I'm inclined to do because they probably enjoy their lives way more than I do.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #28777 on: Sun, 01 August 2021, 17:57:41 »

I shouldn't say much about the 60s as I wasn't there but I'm pretty sure they had lots of drugs with their bands at festivals.  Your friends would not be my friends even when I was young due to having completely different personalities/outlook on life, but I shouldn't judge them negatively as I'm inclined to do because they probably enjoy their lives way more than I do.

Honestly I wouldn't know either, my psychoactive drug of choice is coffee

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #28778 on: Sat, 07 August 2021, 12:39:29 »
Anyone else keep up on the misadventures of Chris Chan? Last week's news was pretty disturbing, definitely not how I saw the Chris Chan saga ending.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28779 on: Sat, 07 August 2021, 14:36:55 »
Anyone else keep up on the misadventures of Chris Chan? Last week's news was pretty disturbing, definitely not how I saw the Chris Chan saga ending.

Chris Chandler (Christine Weston Chandler),  just googled,  WTH,  just whyyyy.... ? also,  that's a woman ?

---also,  why is there so much information about this person. why is it even interesting to the person who wrote up these huge articles, when its clearly from a perspective of denigration and disgust ?

It's borderline masochistic for the author/authors to compile that much text just to hate on someone.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #28780 on: Sat, 07 August 2021, 15:25:33 »

when its clearly from a perspective of denigration and disgust ?

That's where you're dead wrong. Interesting and endearing is the term I'd use for how most cringe indulgers view lolcows.
You either get cringe humor or you don't, and people who don't always simply view it as bullying which is far from what it is.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28781 on: Sat, 07 August 2021, 15:30:25 »

That's where you're dead wrong. Interesting and endearing is the term I'd use for how most cringe indulgers view lolcows.
You either get cringe humor or you don't, and people who don't always simply view it as bullying which is far from what it is.

I understand what it is, being roughly equivalent to audience for springer/ day time television,   but I don't understand why someone would do such extensive write-ups on the matter.

It's like bothering to tape springer and rewatching, this leap. watch and forget I understand.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #28782 on: Sat, 07 August 2021, 15:56:01 »

I understand what it is, being roughly equivalent to audience for springer/ day time television,   but I don't understand why someone would do such extensive write-ups on the matter.

It's like bothering to tape springer and rewatching, this leap. watch and forget I understand.

CWC in particular does have a lot of very dedicated documentarians. To the extent there are YT channels that do monthly updates on his misadventures for years, and even someone who does his entire Soncichu comic as an animated and fully voiced Flash cartoon.
He's the original. The progenitor of all other internet weirdos.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #28783 on: Sat, 07 August 2021, 16:13:48 »
Came home and walked across a dark room, knocked something over and leaned down to pick it up not realising the corner of an opened cupboard door was exactly in the path my eye was going to take.  Somehow my eyelid was closed on impact but I'm still seriously shocked that I can still see out of it and having pulled the eyelid away from my eye to give it time to reset it now feels smooth and normal too.  Bet it doesn't look good in the morning though!
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #28784 on: Sat, 07 August 2021, 16:20:36 »

was exactly in the path my eye was going to take

Flush it out with eye drops in case it has some debris in there. If you have or can make an eye patch that would be good for the next several hours.
- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #28785 on: Sat, 07 August 2021, 16:30:19 »
was exactly in the path my eye was going to take
Flush it out with eye drops in case it has some debris in there. If you have or can make an eye patch that would be good for the next several hours.
I have a tap, will that do?  It's a finished corner so there shouldn't be any debris and I'll be in bed within the hour so I'm just sat in the still dark room keeping it closed for now.  I'm aware of it but can't say it hurts.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #28786 on: Sat, 07 August 2021, 16:47:58 »
for as delicate as they seem, eyeballs are shockingly resilient

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #28787 on: Sat, 07 August 2021, 16:59:35 »
As I've found out!  I guess being squishy helps...
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Kavik

« Reply #28788 on: Sun, 08 August 2021, 01:21:46 »

I never kept up with him before a couple months ago when I started watching Geno Samuel's documentary series. Somehow, I managed to watch all of them.

I debated making a thread about this, but given how gross it is and that I figured no one here follows his misadventures, I didn't think there'd be much discussion. It's definitely one of the worst outcomes imaginable. Who knows? Maybe it's not the end...
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #28789 on: Sun, 08 August 2021, 02:25:29 »

Come to think of it, most balls in the human body are surprisingly resilient for how delicate they are

Offline jamster

« Reply #28790 on: Sun, 08 August 2021, 05:01:03 »

One of my friends who has a sick fascination with all that is wrong with the Internet explained this the other day.

He gave me a 60 second rundown, and it reminded me of just how messed up the world is, how much the Internet enables the messing up, and why I am happy to remain oblivious to the darker aspects of the net.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #28791 on: Sun, 08 August 2021, 05:18:31 »
Woke up with what felt loke gravel in my eye, couldn't rinse it out so off to the emergency room. Apparently I didn't shut my eye as there's a big scratch on it whych will sting for a couple of days.  Lovely.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline jamster

« Reply #28792 on: Sun, 08 August 2021, 06:17:01 »
Woke up with what felt loke gravel in my eye, couldn't rinse it out so off to the emergency room. Apparently I didn't shut my eye as there's a big scratch on it whych will sting for a couple of days.  Lovely.

I've had this before- scratched the layer of skin that covers the eye. Results in extreme sensitivity to light (painful, watering eye) which takes about a day to recover from. Preferably in a dark room. Preferably asleep.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28793 on: Sun, 08 August 2021, 06:45:09 »

I've had this before- scratched the layer of skin that covers the eye. Results in extreme sensitivity to light (painful, watering eye) which takes about a day to recover from. Preferably in a dark room. Preferably asleep.

OUtside = BAD

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #28794 on: Sun, 08 August 2021, 14:40:07 »
The news of Whitest Kids U Know member Trevor Moore dying in some accident really caught me off-guard. I was watching him stream on Twitch Friday, it is just so confusing to think about.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #28795 on: Mon, 09 August 2021, 03:15:12 »
The news of Whitest Kids U Know member Trevor Moore dying in some accident really caught me off-guard. I was watching him stream on Twitch Friday, it is just so confusing to think about.
Yeah man **** happens fast sometimes.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #28796 on: Mon, 09 August 2021, 10:25:39 »

Quite a few young folks in my realm of awareness died this past weekend: Trevor Moore, 41; John Meadows, 49; an old friend's mom, 67; friend of an acquaintance at the local university, 40-ish.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #28797 on: Tue, 10 August 2021, 16:12:02 »
I did indeed spend Sunday in a dark room, listening to headphones.  Today is the first day I can stand looking at a monitor or TV for more than half an hour hopefully tomorrow I will be able to go outside without sunglasses as I'll be in a tent!

Can't help thinking the image I'm seeing through the scratched eye is getting worse...
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28798 on: Tue, 10 August 2021, 16:25:06 »
I did indeed spend Sunday in a dark room, listening to headphones.  Today is the first day I can stand looking at a monitor or TV for more than half an hour hopefully tomorrow I will be able to go outside without sunglasses as I'll be in a tent!

Can't help thinking the image I'm seeing through the scratched eye is getting worse...

Outside is where all the hughmahnns are , Tp4 recommends = Avoid.

Offline F eq ma

« Reply #28799 on: Sun, 15 August 2021, 08:23:49 »
LED light bulbs that are supposed to last 10+ years but always seem to fail in one.   Time to start getting petty and working that warranty on principle.