Author Topic: CCnG Round 2! Orders Closed.  (Read 239854 times)

Offline merijn

Re: CCnG Round 2!
« Reply #250 on: Fri, 22 March 2013, 13:14:31 »
Those numpad numbers are still way too low D: Aren't numpads cool enough any more :<

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #251 on: Fri, 22 March 2013, 13:15:59 »
Are those numbers on the 1st page up to date?

I'd buy a reversed set if we'd hit 75+ people but right now it's too expensive for me.

Offline oluf

• formerly olaph
« Reply #252 on: Fri, 22 March 2013, 14:11:08 »
Are those numbers on the 1st page up to date?

I'd buy a reversed set if we'd hit 75+ people but right now it's too expensive for me.

See.. This is the problem. I agree with you.. Right now it is too expensive, but if all of us who feel this way would sign up for a set it will get cheaper.. This is the nature of a 'group buy'.

Sign up for the set, and if at closing it's still too much, you can always cancel it. No one will hate on you.. I promise. =)

Offline realex

« Reply #253 on: Fri, 22 March 2013, 14:16:03 »
right, but if the 'too expensive breakpoint' differs, lets say between 50, 75 and 100 on each of potential buyers, the overwhelming lot of cancels would render any previous interest check useless. although one would see nicer looking numbers, you actually couldn't possibly tell if these would be worth anything. imo not the right way.

Offline oluf

• formerly olaph
« Reply #254 on: Fri, 22 March 2013, 14:18:29 »
right, but if the 'too expensive breakpoint' differs, lets say between 50, 75 and 100 on each of potential buyers, the overwhelming lot of cancels would render any previous interest check useless. although one would see nicer looking numbers, you actually couldn't possibly tell if these would be worth anything. imo not the right way.

This is the 'group buy' way.

Welcome to Geek Hack. ;)

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #255 on: Fri, 22 March 2013, 14:45:38 »

Welcome to Geek Hack. ;)

Although I'm crossing my fingers that we'll get to the cheaper price points, I've decided that even at the current higher price tiers, my risk is minimal, as I'll be able to re-sell anything that I end up buying for at least what I paid for it.  Not that I plan on selling any of them, of course.  I'm too much of a pack-rat.    ;D

Offline realex

« Reply #256 on: Fri, 22 March 2013, 14:51:38 »

Welcome to Geek Hack. ;)

yeah, no.

there is a little difference between placing an order when you can almost be sure that in the end differences to what youve been expecting will be small (let's say 5$ up or down, like it's the case with any popular gb) and speculating on a niche product hitting a relatively high demand, by placing orders so it's price gets cut to half.

Welcome to you too :)

Offline oluf

• formerly olaph
« Reply #257 on: Fri, 22 March 2013, 15:05:36 »
My point is simple.. If no one orders because of the current tier, the price will never go down. Even if it goes up a tier and ppl drop out, and drops back down, like you said, those who have orders in still have the option to cancel or not... And if that's the case, what is lost? Nothing. We're right back where we are now. No biggie.

I am looking forward to the renders of the reverse set, to generate interest.. Hopefully, it will be like the RoG Klaxxon, and spark lots more orders. =) What can I say... I'm a chronic optimist. =D

Offline oluf

• formerly olaph
« Reply #258 on: Fri, 22 March 2013, 15:09:35 »

Welcome to Geek Hack. ;)

Although I'm crossing my fingers that we'll get to the cheaper price points, I've decided that even at the current higher price tiers, my risk is minimal, as I'll be able to re-sell anything that I end up buying for at least what I paid for it.  Not that I plan on selling any of them, of course.  I'm too much of a pack-rat.    ;D

I'm right there with you man! I really want them to get cheaper.. Hence my incessant cheerleading! =D

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #259 on: Fri, 22 March 2013, 18:18:48 »
We should have a render from kaporkle pretty soon which I think will go a long way to helping people choose which key sets they'd like to purchase.

There are still 13 days before the GB closes, so the lack of orders is nothing to get alarmed about just yet.  ;D

Offline alixinhzai

« Reply #260 on: Tue, 26 March 2013, 04:39:08 »
O_o don't see my name in order list :(

Offline merijn

« Reply #261 on: Tue, 26 March 2013, 08:34:24 »
Could I have my order once more summarized? Just to be sure :X

Offline Kabuks

« Reply #262 on: Tue, 26 March 2013, 08:40:12 »
I assume if all I want to order is a Tsangan kit the shipping will be cheaper then the $26 that is listed for international?

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #263 on: Tue, 26 March 2013, 09:07:01 »
Is there a GeekHack key?
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #264 on: Tue, 26 March 2013, 09:18:12 »
Just got an update and the renders are being wrapped up now.  ;D

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #265 on: Tue, 26 March 2013, 10:53:23 »
And we have previews! :eek:

The final renders won't be available until tonight, but below are two 1/4 rez renders.

- White Filco = standard CCnG
   - Black Filco = reverse CCnG

Oh and watch the drool please.  :p

« Last Edit: Tue, 26 March 2013, 10:55:00 by mashby »

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #266 on: Tue, 26 March 2013, 10:56:43 »
I have 3 sets of tsangan's CCnG, so I almost didn't order anything from this GB. Boy, am I glad I ordered the "reverse" base set with normal CCoG mods. All green keyset is going to look epic!
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #267 on: Tue, 26 March 2013, 11:01:06 »
I have 3 sets of tsangan's CCnG, so I almost didn't order anything from this GB. Boy, am I glad I ordered the "reverse" base set with normal CCoG mods. All green keyset is going to look epic!

My thoughts exactly!

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #268 on: Tue, 26 March 2013, 13:56:57 »

The final renders won't be available until tonight, but below are two 1/4 rez renders.

Stunning. Gah... probably need to pick these up. All green keys on my Ducky with MX greens ... probably a must-have.
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline badcop

• thorpe thocking master race
« Reply #269 on: Tue, 26 March 2013, 14:03:15 »
Gup - i just picked up a numeric pad on ebay and it has 1x 0 and 1x 00 keys on it.  is there any set on the list that would include those keys?
| MX Green Poker | HHKB Pro 2 White | HHKB Pro 2 Black | MX White Goldtouch TK Pad | Modded MX Red kul ES-87
| COMING SOON™ | MX Red GH60 | Ergo Clear GH60 |

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #270 on: Tue, 26 March 2013, 14:27:10 »
Ok, fine! 1 of each color scheme, to fit my Ducky.
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #271 on: Tue, 26 March 2013, 14:28:29 »

I love you you're caving in to buying more keys and you're the one that submitted the render!  :p

We are clearly cut from the same cloth.  :cool:

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #272 on: Tue, 26 March 2013, 15:29:01 »

I love you you're caving in to buying more keys and you're the one that submitted the render!  :p

We are clearly cut from the same cloth.  :cool:

I'm so glad my wallet pain gives you joy. LOL!
More

Offline oluf

• formerly olaph
« Reply #273 on: Tue, 26 March 2013, 15:58:12 »

Stunning. Gah... probably need to pick these up. All green keys on my Ducky with MX greens ... probably a must-have.
Yes! YES!! That's the spirit! =)

Offline Lighthouse1

« Reply #274 on: Tue, 26 March 2013, 20:06:56 »
Looks great, can I just check my order is for the standard colour in the render? Sorry but not sure if I read the ccng thing the right way round! I wanted the same as the original group buy colours. Should have an iso kit that matches too. Thanks!

Offline GordonZed

« Reply #275 on: Wed, 27 March 2013, 18:18:30 »
Hey gupgup, I pm'd you but I'm not sure if you got it. Unfortunately I have to cancel my order as I got laid off and jobs are hard to come by, and just when it reached the $25 price bracket :(

Thanks, and sorry for the inconvenience.
Filco Majestouch Ninja TKL (MX blue)

Offline Gupgup

• * Vendor
« Reply #276 on: Wed, 27 March 2013, 21:51:13 »
OP Updated with a couple more price tiers met, and new 3D Renders Added!!!!

Big thanks to Kaporkle for doing that and for mashby to see that it gets to me :p

Gupgup

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #277 on: Thu, 28 March 2013, 03:31:30 »
OP Updated with a couple more price tiers met, and new 3D Renders Added!!!!

Big thanks to Kaporkle for doing that and for mashby to see that it gets to me :p

Gupgup

Yeah, that render of the green base set really makes me want to buy a reverse set as well. If it hits 75+ people I will buy one.

But since many people might think so nobody will actually place an order...

So can you please remove the Tsangan Kit from my order and add a CCoG Base Set and a GoCC Modifier Set.
If it doesn't hit 75+ people I'll have to cancel those two items though...

My order should now look like this now:

1x Base Set GoCC
1x Modifier Set GoCC
1x Base Set CCoG
1x Modifier Set CCoG
1x ISO Set

Thanks!

Offline badcop

• thorpe thocking master race
« Reply #278 on: Thu, 28 March 2013, 04:58:17 »
Gup - i just picked up a numeric pad on ebay and it has 1x 0 and 1x 00 keys on it.  is there any set on the list that would include those keys?

anyone?  i'f its a yes i will be ordering more.

EDIT:
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 March 2013, 05:00:15 by badcop »
| MX Green Poker | HHKB Pro 2 White | HHKB Pro 2 Black | MX White Goldtouch TK Pad | Modded MX Red kul ES-87
| COMING SOON™ | MX Red GH60 | Ergo Clear GH60 |

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #279 on: Thu, 28 March 2013, 05:31:06 »

anyone?  i'f its a yes i will be ordering more.

EDIT:
Show Image

Is this the green that will be replicated in this groupbuy? The green in the renders looks way brighter (I like the darker green better).

Offline mickd

« Reply #280 on: Thu, 28 March 2013, 06:10:18 »
Yeah, to my knowledge it won't be as bright as the ones in the renders. Now that you've mentioned it, I compared my set with the render and boy are the renders bright..

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #281 on: Thu, 28 March 2013, 07:06:45 »
Yeah, to my knowledge it won't be as bright as the ones in the renders. Now that you've mentioned it, I compared my set with the render and boy are the renders bright..

Damn, you're in trouble if you are totally relying upon a 3D render to persuade you into buying a Key-set.  :))

I already made my choice way before any drawings were first shown.  Because I really wanted these babies above all else.  ;)

Just patiently waiting to hand over the moolah now.

Offline mickd

« Reply #282 on: Thu, 28 March 2013, 08:50:18 »
I already know what they will look like. Just helping our friend Lechner out :P

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #283 on: Thu, 28 March 2013, 09:11:03 »
Is this the green that will be replicated in this groupbuy? The green in the renders looks way brighter (I like the darker green better).

The renders do look a little bright. The best thing to do is look at images of past CCnG sets for context. Photos will have different levels of light, etc., but it should give you a broader reference as to what shade of green CCnG actually is.

See for yourself:p

Offline Gupgup

• * Vendor
CCnG Round 2!
« Reply #284 on: Thu, 28 March 2013, 09:16:55 »
Do to some hospital circumstances I won't be able to answer any questions or change orders for a couples days.

Sorry

Gupgup

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #285 on: Thu, 28 March 2013, 09:23:29 »
The renders do look a little bright. The best thing to do is look at images of past CCnG sets for context. Photos will have different levels of light, etc., but it should give you a broader reference as to what shade of green CCnG actually is.

See for yourself:p

LOVE the Google intro.  Very nice.  Seriously I didn't mean to be a bully here relating to the ones having difficulty in choosing CC&G's but if it's your first Group Buy, then it's totally understandable.

But if this is your 10th or 20th then it's totally not forgiven.  You know what it should look like by now...... right  ::) .

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #286 on: Thu, 28 March 2013, 09:25:37 »
Do to some hospital circumstances I won't be able to answer any questions or change orders for a couples days.

Sorry

Gupgup

Are you all right?  Is this a serious Auto-accident by chance?  :o

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #287 on: Thu, 28 March 2013, 09:28:24 »

Gupgup, I hope it's nothing too dire. If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.

Offline Gupgup

• * Vendor
CCnG Round 2!
« Reply #288 on: Thu, 28 March 2013, 09:33:48 »

Gupgup, I hope it's nothing too dire. If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.

Thank you, it isn't anything serious, just will be away from PC for a couple days due to some check ups and what not.

@Elrick Yeah I'm fine, just a yearly check up for something when I was younger. Not an accident!

Gupgup

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #289 on: Thu, 28 March 2013, 09:34:51 »
Umm, I don't even know what I ordered, Can I jsut submit a new order to override the original order?
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #290 on: Thu, 28 March 2013, 12:43:00 »

EDIT:
Show Image

[/quote]

Yeah, I have to admit that when I look at kaporkle's renderings using the PMS colors I selected as the closest match to SP's ABS chips, the green does look a lot brighter.
Here are a fewphotos of what I'm seeing on my desk when I try to match the colors:

I think it's fair to say that the renderings are not going to be an exact match. The Pantone color I selected for WCK is a lot more pronounced yellow than what you see on the chip itself, which is very nuanced. The green I selected to represent VBQ (Pantone 362C) is a bit on the bright side. PMS 362C would be a shade darker, and perhaps closer. There's a strong gray component to the green that is not represented in the pantone color.

I'm sorry I can't get an exact match.
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 March 2013, 12:49:38 by Krogenar »
More

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #291 on: Thu, 28 March 2013, 13:34:26 »
Thank you Krogenar for all your hard work it matching PMS colors and showing us the color samples you were working from.

And he's right, the renders are not going to be an exact match. Color matching is a crazy complicated process and the only way to know for sure is to buy a set and get them in your hands.  :p

I have a set and you can look through my photos if you like on Flickr. When I put the render side-by-side, the render is a little brighter and more reflective. The green color is a little darker and more matte in finish.

Poker in CCnG - Close Up by Michael Ashby, on Flickr

Offline Lighthouse1

« Reply #292 on: Fri, 29 March 2013, 18:18:22 »
Hi can I add a CCoG numpad set to my order? Many thanks.

Offline JizzGus

« Reply #293 on: Sun, 31 March 2013, 08:41:01 »
Finally gave in, and placed my order

1x Base Set GoCC
1x Modifier Set CCoG
1x Numpad  CCoG

Kinda wish CCoG numpad could hit next tier

Offline blueSmoke

• Life is what happens while you're busy Fixing RSI
« Reply #294 on: Sun, 31 March 2013, 18:08:00 »
Love these keycaps.

Ordered 1 each from base+modifer, CCoG+GOCC, wallet drying out, but what can I do?

Bonded to keyboard, will do slave labor.
Model M, Filco Tenkeyless White, Few others, few more others, Noise-hater (ongoing project), blah-blah (to be fillled later...)

Offline zachm

« Reply #295 on: Sun, 31 March 2013, 19:07:37 »
Ah I made an account on GH (long time lurker, first time poster) just to register for this GB. Such a badass design!!!

Just filled out the form: one of each type: (base set, modifier set, numpad set).

I'm moving away from my GF this summer... I think it'll be cute to do two KBs, inverse colors of each other.

Do I need to PM anyone, or is filling out the Google form enough? My spirit (and my wallet) are ready...

Offline digitalleftovers

« Reply #296 on: Sun, 31 March 2013, 20:12:09 »
Order placed
Keyboards:
Filco 104 MX Brown (Otaku) - FKBN104M/NPEK 黒い空
Ducky TKL MX Brown/Blue 80% (White) - 1087-F 白の空
KBC Poker MX Red with PBT Key Caps - PFCN6000

"Consumers use touch screens.  Producers use keyboards."

Offline oluf

• formerly olaph
« Reply #297 on: Sun, 31 March 2013, 21:21:12 »
Ah I made an account on GH (long time lurker, first time poster) just to register for this GB. Such a badass design!!!

Just filled out the form: one of each type: (base set, modifier set, numpad set).

I'm moving away from my GF this summer... I think it'll be cute to do two KBs, inverse colors of each other.

Do I need to PM anyone, or is filling out the Google form enough? My spirit (and my wallet) are ready...

Kudos! ...And welcome to GH (officially!) =)

Filling out the form is all you need to do to create an order.. If you want to modify it you'll need to message/contact Gupgup.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #298 on: Sun, 31 March 2013, 23:20:05 »
My spirit (and my wallet) are ready...

That's the magic combo right there.  But MOST importantly is to be extremely patient and forgiving because every Group Buy runs differently to one another.

All it takes are Moron(s) proclaiming (I'm one of them) that the Group Buy has failed and where is the item.  Then an avalanche of complaints, whinging and insults start to fly which eventually leads to a self fulfilling prophecy of failure.

If you could avoid that nasty pitfall, then you will have a great time on here and be treasured as a 'supreme' forum member.  8)

Offline elton5354

« Reply #299 on: Mon, 01 April 2013, 00:03:19 »
Hey Gup, are you going to extend the deadline? CConG only needs 1 more order to make it $10 less.