Author Topic: Keycap Designer Discord - Does it still exist?  (Read 4628 times)

Offline DomaRho

Keycap Designer Discord - Does it still exist?
« on: Thu, 21 October 2021, 00:05:17 »
Hi everyone,

I used to be a part of the Keycap Designer Discord, however today I noticed it wasn't in my discord sidebar. I've been trying to access it through old links but nothing seems to be working. Has something happened to the discord server itself, or is my discord just being whack?

Offline MIGHTY CHICKEN

• buck buck, cluck cluck, squawk squawk
Re: Keycap Designer Discord - Does it still exist?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 21 October 2021, 00:47:21 »
It just got wiped today, reason unknown :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DomaRho

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 21 October 2021, 01:08:31 »
Damn, that sucks. Do you know if the guide document still in tact?

Offline unknownh

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 21 October 2021, 04:39:45 »
 :thumb:  good riddance

TGR-Jane v2
 | TGR X SINGA UNIKORN 60 | Duck TC-V3 | Geonworks F1.69 | EX: GS "GUGA" 60 | yoot Calliope - XTFRLWKLTKL | AEK64 SKCM Browns | unknown60 WKL (x2) unknown60 WK (x2) RAMAWORKS M65-A RAMAWORKS KOYU RAMAWORKS M60-A |HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | HHKB Pro 2 

https://imgur.com/ntJaJ1c.png[/img]

Offline FreddyGump

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 21 October 2021, 05:10:46 »
Also wanted to join, but got an error as well. Please post a new link here if a new server is up.

Offline powwu

• Discord
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 21 October 2021, 05:53:19 »
No

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 21 October 2021, 08:04:21 »
One of the best things that happened to this hobby no CAP.
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline MIGHTY CHICKEN

• buck buck, cluck cluck, squawk squawk
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 21 October 2021, 10:02:22 »
One of the best things that happened to this hobby no CAP.
no more krk 5 minute posts, good times  :p

Offline Baka Bot

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 24 October 2021, 11:49:39 »
Waiting for the new one to surface  :blank:

Offline Willtato

• I like small Keyboards
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 24 October 2021, 18:48:24 »
Reason not unknown. It surprises me to this day that people still go out of their way to send private messages with insults etc... if they disagree with something. Personal opinions are fine, but sometimes it goes a little far. There's always two sides to an argument. The KDD was supposed to be a place to help people, but we as a community haven't treated it well.

I don't have permission to say what happened nor do I really want to say on behalf of someone else, but it's safe to say the KDD is gone for good.

Again, the KDD was meant to be a helpful place, and we have now lost that.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Offline Swishy

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 28 October 2021, 17:31:31 »
Reason not unknown. It surprises me to this day that people still go out of their way to send private messages with insults etc... if they disagree with something. Personal opinions are fine, but sometimes it goes a little far. There's always two sides to an argument. The KDD was supposed to be a place to help people, but we as a community haven't treated it well.

I don't have permission to say what happened nor do I really want to say on behalf of someone else, but it's safe to say the KDD is gone for good.

Who are you?

Offline Willtato

• I like small Keyboards
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 28 October 2021, 20:16:47 »

Who are you?
I'm (unfortunately-or-not) no-one of any real relevance. Kind of a friendly lurker in the KDD. I did once have dreams about a keyset however, but I never got that idea close to the end. It was an eye opener however. Thanks for all.

Sorry for the post. I get up unusually upset when a good thing goes. A similar feeling when a best mate moves house and you drive past an empty house. I respect your decision and I'm sure it's the right decision. In another way, it was almost like me saying something along the lines of "take care of what we have".  I can attempt to retract the post if you want.

Offline Swishy

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 29 October 2021, 08:32:55 »

Who are you?
I'm (unfortunately-or-not) no-one of any real relevance. Kind of a friendly lurker in the KDD. I did once have dreams about a keyset however, but I never got that idea close to the end. It was an eye opener however. Thanks for all.

Sorry for the post. I get up unusually upset when a good thing goes. A similar feeling when a best mate moves house and you drive past an empty house. I respect your decision and I'm sure it's the right decision. In another way, it was almost like me saying something along the lines of "take care of what we have".  I can attempt to retract the post if you want.

Nah you are good, i was just confused by your message

Offline NorthMade

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 03 January 2022, 17:33:53 »

Who are you?

Nah you are good, i was just confused by your message

so will there ever be another server?
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 January 2022, 18:23:07 by NorthMade »

Offline OhKeycaps

• OhKeycaps
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 10 January 2022, 16:02:38 »
Bummed about this. It was a nice discord. I actually thought I got booted from it because my Discord account got hacked and spammed servers with Discord Nitro. Sad to hear it is gone