Author Topic: What if those shortcuts on a mechanical keyboard?  (Read 3493 times)

Offline KPrepublic

• * Vendor
    • KPrepublic
What if those shortcuts on a mechanical keyboard?
« on: Sun, 25 February 2018, 02:54:47 »

As known, gamers and typist will love mechanical keyboards. What if those shortcuts on a mechanical keyboard social marketer would have one?

In fact, they should have a mechanical keyboard. Because they need to edit articles everyday.

:)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: What if those shortcuts on a mechanical keyboard?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 26 February 2018, 19:57:36 »
There is the Optimus Maximum keyboard where each keycap is a tiny OLED screen.

https://www.artlebedev.com/optimus/maximus/

You could probably put labels like that on such a keyboard.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline KPrepublic

• * Vendor
    • KPrepublic
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 26 February 2018, 20:32:19 »

Wow, interesting. Just learned of it. Thank you. :). It seems a keyboard built for social media guys.

Offline Coreda

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 26 February 2018, 20:45:35 »
I actually loathe sites that hijack keyboard keys for their own app-like hotkeys as they're frequently the keys I use in the browser for other things. The trouble is there's no way to override this behavior either, there's even a debate in the Firefox issue tracker on whether or not to even allow the user to override them via a setting.

Youtube is fine though since it only enables them when the player is in focus.

Offline KPrepublic

• * Vendor
    • KPrepublic
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 26 February 2018, 21:28:22 »
I actually loathe sites that hijack keyboard keys for their own app-like hotkeys as they're frequently the keys I use in the browser for other things. The trouble is there's no way to override this behavior either, there's even a debate in the Firefox issue tracker on whether or not to even allow the user to override them via a setting.

Can't agree anymore. Usually, I will remap hotkeys for those apps which I used frequently.

Offline crystalhand

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 08:39:33 »

Can't agree anymore. Usually, I will remap hotkeys for those apps which I used frequently.

I agree but Apple has made tons of money using this principle.  Dont give the user control or choice, they never know what is best! 

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 10:27:56 »

Don't forget the relegendable keycaps https://pimpmykeyboard.com/sa-relegendables-pack-of-10/

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 03:00:31 »
Youtube sucks because it does not show when the player has grabbed keyboard focus or not.

The player grabs my cursor keys so the volume gets changed or the player skips when I want to scroll down and read comments.
The browser scrolls down a page when I hit the space bar to pause the video.

Offline Coreda

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 03:21:18 »
Youtube sucks because it does not show when the player has grabbed keyboard focus or not.

The player grabs my cursor keys so the volume gets changed or the player skips when I want to scroll down and read comments.
The browser scrolls down a page when I hit the space bar to pause the video.

Sometime after posting I had to remake my Youtube Center userscript settings and noticed it was actually it which was affecting this. It has a setting to disable the site's keyboard hotkeys. At the time I thought to edit my post but it slipped my mind.

The unfortunate thing is eventually YTC and all its useful features will cease to function once the redesign is rolled out without any opt-out option since the script is unmaintained and isn't compatible with the new design.