Author Topic: [IC] Tai Hao Double Shot Keycap Set  (Read 35365 times)

Offline nokcha

• * Vendor
  • www.Keypop.net [키팝.net]
Re: [IC] Tai Hao Double Shot Keycap Set
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 11:08:47 »
wow insane price in for 50 sets of ea!

if you guys need a US proxy I don't mind volunteering
« Last Edit: Sun, 19 May 2013, 11:18:06 by nokcha »

Offline mark_thaddeus

« Reply #51 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 11:11:48 »
Filled up the interest form for 3 sets!

Offline elton5354

« Reply #52 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 11:27:59 »
The shipping quote earlier was just an estimate, but of course, if you only get 1 set, the shipping cost would probably be half of that and I will use a smaller box. Otherwise, I don't think you can get any cheaper shipping internationally if you get multiple sets as you'd need a larger box.

If you guys want to proxy, that'll be easier for me, so no complaints here. ;)

Offline Rule16

• R.I.P. SmallFry
« Reply #53 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 11:29:08 »

uuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh are you sure? Your total would be $1625, and what if they're low quality?
| KB Paradise V60 Maias Quiet Click | Realforce 55gram 87U | MiniTouch (Ivory Hua-Jie) | Poker II | IBM Model F | Unicomp Ultraclassic | Dell AT101W (Black Alps) | WASD Code (Clear) |
Dvorak Only Zone

Offline elton5354

« Reply #54 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 11:30:13 »

uuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh are you sure? Your total would be $1625, and what if they're low quality?

That's considered cheap for 250 sets of 104 key caps! :P

Offline nokcha

• * Vendor
  • www.Keypop.net [키팝.net]
« Reply #55 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 11:31:57 »

No worries I'm aware the quality is probably not high but this is a nice alternative for those who can't afford $80+ keycap sets

Offline Rule16

• R.I.P. SmallFry
« Reply #56 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 11:37:08 »
Well Elton and nokcha are officially insane.
(Unless he plans on making a keycap pool, of course)

Not trying to be rude here Elton, but have you done a groupbuy before? I just have a had time trusting people after I got scammed on kickstarter. I'll probably just get less if you haven't.
« Last Edit: Sun, 19 May 2013, 11:38:52 by Rule16 »
| KB Paradise V60 Maias Quiet Click | Realforce 55gram 87U | MiniTouch (Ivory Hua-Jie) | Poker II | IBM Model F | Unicomp Ultraclassic | Dell AT101W (Black Alps) | WASD Code (Clear) |
Dvorak Only Zone

Offline elton5354

« Reply #57 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 11:39:34 »
Not trying to be rude here Elton, but have you done a groupbuy before? I just have a had time trusting people after I got scammed on kickstarter. I'll probably just get less if you haven't.

No, but I've sold many things here in the classifieds as well as I've met other members here IRL.

Offline Rule16

• R.I.P. SmallFry
« Reply #58 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 11:41:15 »

No, but I've sold many things here in the classifieds as well as I've met other members here IRL.
YAY! All my trust are belong to you, two sets of yellow red and green here I come :)
Dvorak Only Zone

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #59 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 12:49:46 »
Well Elton and nokcha are officially insane.
(Unless he plans on making a keycap pool, of course)

I've met Elton in real life, he showed up to our Matias tour earlier this year and he's a nice dude.  As for nokcha he's getting it for keypop.net so I'm prettttyyyyyyyyyy sure he's not insane, he's doing smart business  ;P

Though if he's really getting 250 sets then he will cover half of our MOQ sweeeetttt lol !!!!

Oh I also wonder for the rest of us, should we enforce a 2 or 5 sets minimum to help meeting the MOQ also to keep packaging work down.

EDIT:

I've updated the price (tiny bump up) and minimum order amount.  Sorry guys I guess the original price listed is if the group buy organizer work entirely for free.  But we all know arranging group buy takes a lot of effort and time (collecting money, sending order, receiving, packing...... etc).  So it would be nice to give a little bit of incentive for his time and effort.  I hope you guys can understand.
« Last Edit: Sun, 19 May 2013, 13:49:11 by Hyde »

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline elton5354

« Reply #60 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 13:49:49 »
Note that Hyde will also be getting free sets because of the tiny price increase and his hard work!

Offline Hyde

« Reply #61 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 13:54:50 »
LOL I don't work that hard....... *runs*

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline maxmalkav

« Reply #62 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 14:08:16 »
I'm almost sure that ISO is not an option. Would it be possible getting a short left Shift (1.25) or at least a blank 1.25 keycap to fill that gap? Just asking.

Offline elton5354

« Reply #63 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 14:11:40 »
I'm not sure, but they do have 1.25x blanks. I can ask if we can order some of the blanks by itself.

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #64 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 14:50:11 »
Just filled in for 1 set of each colour except black; 4 sets. Within a couple months we should have MOQ on at least 2 colours; anything enough to get them producing and possibly consider making spacebars once they see the demand.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline elton5354

« Reply #65 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 15:31:24 »
I'll be ordering extras in case people's keys gets damaged during shipping.

Currently the quantities of each colours are
Yellow 69
Blue 76
Black 20
Red 78
Green 71

With 28 orders

Just to be clear, the menu and window keys are going to be blank.

Offline Hyde

« Reply #66 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 15:36:35 »
Actually come to think about it, I forgot to ask them if it's possible to do lasered or pad printed menu and window keys, so at least it will look similar to the rest double shot keys.

Can you ask them about that on the next email?  :P

Offline elton5354

« Reply #67 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 15:40:42 »
Ok, will do! Also I'm going to ask if they can include either 5x or 7x space bar with each set.  You can pick either one for your set. If that works out.

Offline remedyhalopc

« Reply #68 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 17:15:01 »
Any news on a 6.25 spacebar? Do they just not have the mold?

Maybe we can have a GB with SP to get spacebars made.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #69 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 17:15:09 »
104 keys would normally include a space bar, but they do not do space bars (or is it just 6.25 space bars they do not do?).

Is a space bar included at all?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline elton5354

« Reply #70 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 17:42:58 »
I would assume so as well. They don't have 6.25 mold for the space bar.

I'm waiting for their response atm.

WASD's space bars are OEM for better fit.

Offline pasph

« Reply #71 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 18:54:42 »
Can you ask them also about their Alps keycaps?
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #72 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 19:03:20 »
Can you ask them also about their Alps keycaps?

They do alps? :O

Offline pasph

« Reply #73 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 19:36:46 »
http://deskthority.net/photos-videos-f8/taiwan-tai-hao-doubleshots-t5028.html#p96184

"they can do Alps plus custom fonts/colours etc but didn't actually give me the MOQ :)"
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #74 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 22:05:35 »
I'll be ordering extras in case people's keys gets damaged during shipping.

Currently the quantities of each colours are
Yellow 69
Blue 76
Black 20
Red 78
Green 71

With 28 orders

Just to be clear, the menu and window keys are going to be blank.

That's interesting how evenly split all the colors are.  Black is unsurprisingly the lowest, as it usually comes stock with most keyboards.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline quake4mhg

« Reply #75 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 22:55:16 »
1 set of each color. form filled.
Can we have rubber gamers doubleshots? or just buy no custom colors, ship together, save some shipping cost, I wanna try long time. IF ..  :rolleyes: anyone interested

I'll ask about the gamer set. 104 set or just WASD?

I thought they're only available in "WADS and arrow" keys? I don't mind if there is 104 rubber set  :D Thank you elton.

Offline elton5354

« Reply #76 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 23:09:35 »
I have some bad news. The 500 MOQ is only for a single color. That's the only bad news. The rest are good :)

I'm on my phone right now, so I'll post a more detail response when I get home.
« Last Edit: Sun, 19 May 2013, 23:11:18 by elton5354 »

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #77 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 23:11:24 »
Yeah, figured as much, but worth asking.  We'll have to have a pretty good minimum set order I'd guess then.  Because other than vendors, I can't see a mass agreement for everyone to buy a few sets on their own, and 500 is a big number. 

Offline elton5354

« Reply #78 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 23:44:26 »
Okay.

For anyone who wants their menu keys and windows keys pad printed it will cost an extra $.20 per key. No extras for blanks.
 - they also offer this Serigraphic plate printing. Not sure what that is. Can anyone chime in on this? That would be an extra $120

They offer 1.5x  blank mods as well, but awaiting for the price.

They only offer 5x and 7x space bars, and would require 500 MOQ for each, so each set would require one of the two offered.

There was a question regarding the modifiers not being coloured, but it was confirmed that they will coloured and will be double injected.

They also mentioned that they might arrange door to door express service - not sure what that means either, but awaiting confirmation.

As for the questions regarding the Alps and gamer sets, I'm waiting for that as well..

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #79 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 23:45:43 »
At least that goes some way towards explaining the low price ... at such high quantities.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline elton5354

« Reply #80 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 23:48:39 »
Currently the numbers are

Y - 89
R - 105
Black - 40
G - 92
B - 97

We can choose the 2 highest number of coloured sets and stick to it? Open to suggestions

Offline Hyde

« Reply #81 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 23:52:55 »
Man that sux.....  :(

I guess now we need to decide if we should just go with 1 colour first?  Though I had a feeling most people are interested because there were so many colours  >_____>

But good to know they offer pad printing for the window and menu keys though.

Hopefully we'll hear more response from them soon.

Offline DubbTom

« Reply #82 on: Mon, 20 May 2013, 00:13:33 »
Yeah, I was interested mainly because I would be able to get so many different colors for ~30bucks + shipping.
The numbers listed are from the interest form correct?
poker II

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #83 on: Mon, 20 May 2013, 00:45:13 »
Yeah, and the semi-even split is a really bad sign too.  Reminds me of the GMK thing a bit.

Offline elton5354

« Reply #84 on: Mon, 20 May 2013, 00:45:27 »
Yes, that's the number atm.  Remember, the order form was only up for 24 hours exactly.  Let it go on for a bit and hopefully there would be more orders

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #85 on: Mon, 20 May 2013, 00:46:44 »
This will probably come down to a poll for which colour to get, with a bunch of people backing out because yellow their favourite colour is not selected.

Offline elton5354

« Reply #86 on: Mon, 20 May 2013, 00:48:17 »
This will probably come down to a poll for which colour to get, with a bunch of people backing out because yellow their favourite colour is not selected.

Yes, that's the number atm.  Remember, the order form was only up for 24 hours exactly.  Let it go on for a bit and hopefully there would be more orders

oh yes, that was our colour wasn't it? ;P

Yeah, and the semi-even split is a really bad sign too.  Reminds me of the GMK thing a bit.

Yeah, I was interested mainly because I would be able to get so many different colors for ~30bucks + shipping.
The numbers listed are from the interest form correct?

Yeah..most people ordered because of that reason as well..
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 May 2013, 00:52:59 by elton5354 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #87 on: Mon, 20 May 2013, 00:59:32 »
I can't remember whether I submitted the IC form or not - can anyone check please?

Also, is there any news on what, if any, space bar is included?

Offline elton5354

« Reply #88 on: Mon, 20 May 2013, 01:15:27 »
You did not..

It is included, but requires 500 MOQ - we have to choose one, 7x or 5x and stick with it.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #89 on: Mon, 20 May 2013, 01:25:32 »
Thanks for that.

Submitted now :)

A 5x space bar would look a little silly on a 6.25x keyboard.  I wonder if a 7x space bar could be chopped and glued to fit 6.25x?

Or just go with white space bars (from elsewhere) as someone suggested.

Offline elton5354

« Reply #90 on: Mon, 20 May 2013, 01:26:45 »
WASDkeyboards sells them for 1.50$ OEM profile

http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/spacebar-cherry-mx-keycap.html
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 May 2013, 01:38:20 by elton5354 »

Offline cannedlemons

« Reply #91 on: Mon, 20 May 2013, 01:30:32 »
Interested and submitted! Would also be interested in Alps one as well :)

Offline linziyi

• The one with many questions
« Reply #92 on: Mon, 20 May 2013, 01:52:53 »
I will gladly take some as my first key sets!
Ducky DK9008G2 Pro

"Much to learn you still have" --Yoda

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #93 on: Mon, 20 May 2013, 02:20:54 »
WASDkeyboards sells them for 1.50$ OEM profile

http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/spacebar-cherry-mx-keycap.html

Not sure how close the colour would be though.  Still at least a pale yellow space bar would be closer to yellow than a white one ;)

Offline linziyi

• The one with many questions
« Reply #94 on: Mon, 20 May 2013, 02:24:37 »
Do these fit with QFRs?
Ducky DK9008G2 Pro

"Much to learn you still have" --Yoda

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #95 on: Mon, 20 May 2013, 04:03:27 »
Do these fit with QFRs?

They should, except for the space bar.

QFR has a standard layout (assuming you mean ANSI, and not ISO).

Offline Reomero

• Manual breather
« Reply #96 on: Mon, 20 May 2013, 05:47:20 »
Keen for a red, blue, and black set.

Offline elton5354

« Reply #97 on: Mon, 20 May 2013, 06:34:29 »
The quotes for alps and gamer set. Very high MOQ. I think she misunderstood me when I asked for Alps key set. This Alps set is a gamer set I believe.

Octopus --8 Double Shot rubber keys + 1 key puller – WASD & Arrow keys – Cherry or ALPS
*USD2.00 / ex factory / with blister package
*USD1.00 / ex factory / with plastic bag package
**MOQ for Cherry keys: 500sets (Color options: Red)
** MOQ for Cherry keys: 1000sets (Color options: Orange / Red / Green)
**MOQ for ALPS keys: 1000sets (Color options: Orange / Red / Green)

« Last Edit: Mon, 20 May 2013, 07:20:43 by elton5354 »

Offline Rule16

• R.I.P. SmallFry
« Reply #98 on: Mon, 20 May 2013, 09:28:18 »
I'm definitely in for red and yellow sets of alps :)
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 May 2013, 19:57:22 by Rule16 »
Dvorak Only Zone

Offline remedyhalopc

« Reply #99 on: Mon, 20 May 2013, 10:06:51 »
What's the yellow MOQ?