Author Topic: NMB RT-102 review (clicky Space Invaders)  (Read 4447 times)

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
NMB RT-102 review (clicky Space Invaders)
« on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 08:50:45 »
At first I thought I could just do a 1 min video showing some differences between this and my 8255 but as it turns out there was quite a lot to say so I did a proper review :) . Hope you enjoy it!

Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline piemancoder

Re: NMB RT-102 review (clicky Space Invaders)
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 11:05:45 »
Awesome review as always Chyros! By the way, you have a magical recycling center.
Yoda grammar best has

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 12:02:11 »
Awesome review as always Chyros! By the way, you have a magical recycling center.
Thanks! It's actually a whole bunch of venues I visit xD . I just collectively refer to them as "the recycling centre" to make things easier :p .

Offline khronokrator

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 02:57:08 »
The new intro is amazing, Chyros. Really liking it!

I've seen a lot of NMB boards on eBay, and I've always just sort of glanced over them--probably because they often come up in really poor condition, covered in dirt and etc. Also, Space Invaders switches don't seem to have the fandom that Alps, buckling springs and Cherries do. Still, your board has a very pleasant typing sound to it and those keycaps are ridiculously thick.  :p

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 07:28:20 »
Haha thanks, Kyle Carter made it for me :) . You should give Space Invaders a try sometime for sure :) .

Offline khronokrator

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 18:17:47 »
If I ever get the chance--and don't get murdered for buying yet more keyboards--I'd be more than happy to. Right now I'm still on the hunt for another Ortek battleship, though.  ;)

(BTW, I'm typing this on a Monterey Blues keyboard that just arrived today--yet another thing you've managed to sell me on. Clearly you missed your true calling as a salesperson.  :) )

Offline Altis

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 17:47:29 »
Am I the only one who reads Chyros forum posts in his voice?  :-X

I have an RT-101 with clicky space invaders that I really like. I'm a fan of those switches and like that you can remove the clicker from any switch (such as the spacebar).

I'd say they're the most linear of any clicky switch and I suppose that's why they also made a tactile version of it.
WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 104UG (Hi Pro 45g) -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad -- Logitech K740 -- QSENN DT-35 -- Zenith Z-150 (Green Alps)