Author Topic: Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.  (Read 860365 times)

Offline CeeSA

Re: Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
« Reply #350 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 05:09:37 »
@LXXXIX
exchange your cable:https://youtu.be/Nu5cOsWbKGY

Offline logomachy

« Reply #351 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 05:19:01 »
I have a paracorded lights-offed g303. Best mouse atm.

Offline Coreda

« Reply #352 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 05:20:21 »
This input latency graph sums up nicely why Zowie is too new to the field, and don't really know what they're doing.

Show Image

How do you even get negative input latency?

Offline logomachy

« Reply #353 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 05:33:37 »
This input latency graph sums up nicely why Zowie is too new to the field, and don't really know what they're doing.

Show Image

How do you even get negative input latency?
Relative to g300.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #354 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 23:23:12 »
Just busted out my WMO 1.1

Does 1000hz on modern usb ports no problem..

I can't believe we had this technology in 2001..

Clearly, Bill Gates traveled to the future and stole technology...

Offline logomachy

« Reply #355 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 00:06:09 »

Supposedly WMO can run at 8k hz.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #356 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 00:19:24 »

Supposedly WMO can run at 8k hz.

Over usb??

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #358 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 09:38:31 »
Over usb??
Over usb 3
http://www.overclock.net/t/1589644/usb-mouse-hard-overclocking-2000-hz

OMG wha.......

Does this work with other mice.. such as G400..   Will that conflict with the logitech gaming software ?

Offline Bucake

« Reply #359 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 10:05:24 »
Over usb 3
http://www.overclock.net/t/1589644/usb-mouse-hard-overclocking-2000-hz

well, you don't actually need to use a 3.0 port:
see op... you need xhci which afaik implies a mobo with usb3.0

but you don't need to plug into a 3.0 port

(http://www.overclock.net/t/1589644/usb-mouse-hard-overclocking-2000-hz/90#post_24890347)

Will that conflict with the logitech gaming software ?

i doubt it, but i asked on overclock.net and will let you know if it gets answered :-)
IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline Coreda

« Reply #360 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 00:23:36 »
What is the benefit of OC'ing the polling rate to such a degree? At a certain point things like your monitor become the bottleneck, surely.

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!
« Reply #361 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 07:10:26 »
What is the benefit of OC'ing the polling rate to such a degree? At a certain point things like your monitor become the bottleneck, surely.

Eliminating as much latency as possible in one area can make a difference overall.

When I had a slightly slower mouse (The RAT7) it was all too noticeable with the 5ms screen that I was using, even if the 167hz polling rate should have usually been sufficient to not be noticeable.

But I kind of agree that 8mhz over 1mhz is a bit stupid and the difference probably not even being visible for any system, but YMMV.

Offline Bucake

« Reply #362 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 20:38:35 »
the polling rate thing is probably more like of experiment, at this point.
and if it works without negative side-effects, i don't see why not.
i suspect, though, that it's nowhere near as stable as something like 500hz or 1000hz.
IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #363 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 06:40:56 »
So... replacement mousefeet for the WMO cost more than another WMO.. hahahahahahaha

I'm depressed now..

Offline Bucake

« Reply #364 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 09:43:01 »
So... replacement mousefeet for the WMO cost more than another WMO.. hahahahahahaha

I'm depressed now..
Show Image

yeah, prices for pre-made mouse feet are ridiculous.

today i received a few sheets of teflon ptfe with which i'll be able to create my own feet.
it's like 100 times cheaper than ordering pre-made feet..
if you wouldn't mind taking the time to cut/shape your own feet, i recommend you do the same.

when i have time later today i'll be making my first pair. i think i'll just use a stanley knife to cut the shapes out and then use sandpaper for detailing. i have thin aslan double-sided tape that i will use to stick the material onto the mice.
would be awesome if i can find a way to make small holes in the feet, so that i can reach the screws without having to take the feet off :-)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #365 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 12:56:31 »

I'm depressed now..
Show Image

today i received a few sheets of teflon ptfe with which i'll be able to create my own feet.
if you wouldn't mind taking the time to cut/shape your own feet, i recommend you do the same.

when i have time later today i'll be making my first pair. i think i'll just use a stanley knife to cut the shapes out and then use sandpaper for detailing. i have thin aslan double-sided tape that i will use to stick the material onto the mice.
would be awesome if i can find a way to make small holes in the feet, so that i can reach the screws without having to take the feet off :-)

Oh ho...  Hrrmm.. I no think about that before..   Hrrrm... now..  how do you know the teflon you get though is the kind that's suitable for mousefeet..

I see all this complicated description on the brand-name mouse feet,  silver-infused ? hahahaha..

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #366 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 18:05:03 »

I'm depressed now..
Show Image

More companies ought to do what Ducky has done with their "Secret Mouse" and put the screws in accessible locations so that there is no need to remove the feet or punch through a label to access the screws.

Offline Bucake

« Reply #367 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 18:58:10 »
More companies ought to do what Ducky has done with their "Secret Mouse" and put the screws in accessible locations so that there is no need to remove the feet or punch through a label to access the screws.

i absolutely agree. although it's easier for a company to hide screws under labels so that it always immediately shows that it's been opened, and thus that the warranty has been voided. ("you opened it so it's not our concern what's wrong with your mouse")
i wonder what it takes to void ducky secret's warranty..?

and i still prefer screws being under feet, as opposed to under labels. mainly because feet can be replaced, but the label will be scarred forever :-(
so.. here's my first attempt at my own feet:

it could've been done a lot better, but i'll go with it ;D

Oh ho...  Hrrmm.. I no think about that before..   Hrrrm... now..  how do you know the teflon you get though is the kind that's suitable for mousefeet..

I see all this complicated description on the brand-name mouse feet,  silver-infused ? hahahaha..
Show Image

yeah, i understand what you mean. i just rolled the dice and got a few sheets..
don't forget that every brand seems to ship their mice with different feet. the same goes for aftermarket feet. if you ask me, it doesn't have to be the exact same material as one of the companies use. as long as it glides the way you like it, right?

anyway, i'm not sure if what i have is the exact same stuff as Hyperglide material, but at least it is very similar. i suspect it is the same material, but it looks they have treated it so that it's more smooth, probably a very fine sanding or maybe even a mild chemical treatment.
i won't be able to tell how my my new feet compare until they're broken in a bit. the hardest part for me was trying to smooth out the feet.. i sanded them down a little bit but i guess the paper i used was a bit too rough :-)

but yeah, these feet cost me only a few cents and a little bit of work. beats paying extreme prices for factory-cut feet, in my opinion.

edit: i still have no clue what the weird C-shaped thing near the sensor on the G100s does, so i decided to remove it and not apply a new piece.
it's an experiment, i suppose. originally i was going to leave it, but i'm just curious to see if anything about the tracking feels different.
can't say i'm noticing a difference without the thing there, though..
such a mystery! ;D
« Last Edit: Thu, 18 February 2016, 20:29:27 by Bucake »

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #368 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 06:50:51 »

i absolutely agree. although it's easier for a company to hide screws under labels so that it always immediately shows that it's been opened, and thus that the warranty has been voided. ("you opened it so it's not our concern what's wrong with your mouse")
EU legislation dictates that a warranty cannot depend on a sticker or seal.
« Last Edit: Fri, 19 February 2016, 06:53:41 by davkol »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #369 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 08:54:14 »
Do y0u think these guys are using really thin traces on purpose on the pcb to prevent people from resoldering/ repairing a switch..

Cuz it's very easy to burn thin traces..

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #370 on: Sat, 20 February 2016, 04:49:02 »

Show Image

it could've been done a lot better, but i'll go with it ;D

Show Image

yeah, i understand what you mean. i just rolled the dice and got a few sheets..
don't forget that every brand seems to ship their mice with different feet. the same goes for aftermarket feet. if you ask me, it doesn't have to be the exact same material as one of the companies use. as long as it glides the way you like it, right?

anyway, i'm not sure if what i have is the exact same stuff as Hyperglide material, but at least it is very similar. i suspect it is the same material, but it looks they have treated it so that it's more smooth, probably a very fine sanding or maybe even a mild chemical treatment.
i won't be able to tell how my my new feet compare until they're broken in a bit. the hardest part for me was trying to smooth out the feet.. i sanded them down a little bit but i guess the paper i used was a bit too rough :-)

but yeah, these feet cost me only a few cents and a little bit of work. beats paying extreme prices for factory-cut feet, in my opinion.

edit: i still have no clue what the weird C-shaped thing near the sensor on the G100s does, so i decided to remove it and not apply a new piece.
it's an experiment, i suppose. originally i was going to leave it, but i'm just curious to see if anything about the tracking feels different.
can't say i'm noticing a difference without the thing there, though..
such a mystery! ;D

I just ordered them 1mm sheets .. it's only $15 for 500x500mm  , ships from China, this is gonna take a while.. hahahaha

This will probably last a lifetime though, if you think about it....

Did you try the 2mm sheets.. I'd think they'd be too thick for most mice prolly..

What do you mean sand down..   I think my plan wouldn't be to use sand paper,  I'd just take some printer paper and rub really hard at the edges I cut..   

Also.. maybe try burning the edges.. HAHAHAHA.. (heat treatment? use a heat-gun/blowdryer)

Lastly, I believe the C-ring is to reduce image wobble around the sensor.. because when you move the mouse, you're not actually moving it perfectly flat, you're actually using it in a tilting motion..  so the c-ring would keep the surface more flush and flat against the sensor.

Offline Bucake

« Reply #371 on: Sat, 20 February 2016, 14:25:51 »
I just ordered them 1mm sheets .. it's only $15 for 500x500mm  , ships from China, this is gonna take a while.. hahahaha

Did you try the 2mm sheets.. I'd think they'd be too thick for most mice prolly..

What do you mean sand down..   I think my plan wouldn't be to use sand paper,  I'd just take some printer paper and rub really hard at the edges I cut..   

Also.. maybe try burning the edges.. HAHAHAHA.. (heat treatment? use a heat-gun/blowdryer)

Lastly, I believe the C-ring is to reduce image wobble around the sensor.. because when you move the mouse, you're not actually moving it perfectly flat, you're actually using it in a tilting motion..  so the c-ring would keep the surface more flush and flat against the sensor.

nice :-)
i've used 1mm on my G100s and it's working great so far. i just wasn't able to get the feet very smooth/polished, so hopefully i can find a way to smooth them out a bit better. (heat doesn't even sound that bad!)
if you find a method that works well, let me know :-P
and it depends on the sensor/mouse how thick you want the feet. some mice have a very low LOD, and in those cases even 1mm might be too thick. but of course if that's the case, you can just sand them down a bit - the material is very soft so it's not hard to do at all :-) but i've just ordered 0.5mm sheets for sensors that have a very low LOD. it was cheap, anyway :-)
and yes, 500mmx500mm is a lot of feet :-P

you're probably right about what that C does. the difference is probably just too small for me to notice :-)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #372 on: Sat, 20 February 2016, 16:54:48 »

nice :-)
i've used 1mm on my G100s and it's working great so far. i just wasn't able to get the feet very smooth/polished, so hopefully i can find a way to smooth them out a bit better. (heat doesn't even sound that bad!)
if you find a method that works well, let me know :-P
and it depends on the sensor/mouse how thick you want the feet. some mice have a very low LOD, and in those cases even 1mm might be too thick. but of course if that's the case, you can just sand them down a bit - the material is very soft so it's not hard to do at all :-) but i've just ordered 0.5mm sheets for sensors that have a very low LOD. it was cheap, anyway :-)
and yes, 500mmx500mm is a lot of feet :-P

you're probably right about what that C does. the difference is probably just too small for me to notice :-)

when you say --smooth--, do you mean the cut edges or face..

Offline Bucake

« Reply #373 on: Sat, 20 February 2016, 18:51:59 »

well, both. as one.
quick image to show what i mean:

left is hyperglide-  it's totally smoothed out, there are no edges or imperfections.
right gives you an idea how mine turned out - it's inconsistent and nowhere as smooth.
i couldn't think of a good way to get it nicely round and smooth. i did do a little bit of sanding to make all the edges a bit less sharp, but it's far from perfect :-) it's hard to work with such small shapes - hard to get perfect.

so, with mine you can feel the extra friction from the bad rounding-out job. it's not bad, but having them smoother would be nice :-)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #374 on: Sat, 20 February 2016, 19:26:44 »

well, both. as one.
quick image to show what i mean:
Show Image

left is hyperglide-  it's totally smoothed out, there are no edges or imperfections.
right gives you an idea how mine turned out - it's inconsistent and nowhere as smooth.
i couldn't think of a good way to get it nicely round and smooth. i did do a little bit of sanding to make all the edges a bit less sharp, but it's far from perfect :-) it's hard to work with such small shapes - hard to get perfect.

so, with mine you can feel the extra friction from the bad rounding-out job. it's not bad, but having them smoother would be nice :-)

Do you have a blow dryer ?

maybe cut a small square piece  and see if heat makes it smoother..  it says 327 C is melting point.

Offline Johan

« Reply #375 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 12:10:34 »
Mines like 17 cm roughly lol. You can adjust weight but even with 0 weights in the g502 it's too heavy and fatigues my wrist after like 20 minutes of gaming. I took off the weight panel just to strip it down to be even lighter and it seems okay now... but I keep it at work for casual use.

I should have 303 on Monday!

Do you have it yet? Do you like it? :O
Uh, stuff.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #376 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 20:21:57 »
The g502 is ~ 120grams with no additional weights   something like a deathadder is 100grams

You guys need to start lifting if you think G502 is too heavy.

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #377 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 08:28:35 »
I don't feel like getting into the full argument, but we're not doing bicep curls with the mice so pointing out they're not 50kg isn't really relevant; it's an entirely different use of muscles.  If you're a low sensitivity gamer, you can absolutely get fatigued earlier with a 120g mouse than something that's like 90-100g and the difference in weight will affect your movements anyway (how easy/quick it is to start/stop and such).  That 20g you think is minuscule can actually a really big difference depending on how and how long you play (especially when you factor in shape/size making mice feel lighter/heavier than they actually are as well).  Of course, most people play at a really high sensitivity and don't move their wrist more than a cm or two, which largely negates the effect of weight.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #378 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 09:46:58 »
I don't feel like getting into the full argument, but we're not doing bicep curls with the mice so pointing out they're not 50kg isn't really relevant; it's an entirely different use of muscles.  If you're a low sensitivity gamer, you can absolutely get fatigued earlier with a 120g mouse than something that's like 90-100g and the difference in weight will affect your movements anyway (how easy/quick it is to start/stop and such).  That 20g you think is minuscule can actually a really big difference depending on how and how long you play (especially when you factor in shape/size making mice feel lighter/heavier than they actually are as well).  Of course, most people play at a really high sensitivity and don't move their wrist more than a cm or two, which largely negates the effect of weight.

I'm not arguing that it isn't Possible to get fatigued "sooner"

I'm arguing that 20g is hardly a weight-increase where the gamer can't adapt to..

-- It is absolutely preposterous to say --  the mouse must be 100g and 120g will destroy your k/d R..

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #379 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 18:51:18 »
Mines like 17 cm roughly lol. You can adjust weight but even with 0 weights in the g502 it's too heavy and fatigues my wrist after like 20 minutes of gaming. I took off the weight panel just to strip it down to be even lighter and it seems okay now... but I keep it at work for casual use.

haven't used it yet lol :P soonTM...
I love Elzy

Offline CeeSA

« Reply #380 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 08:52:20 »
@tp4tissue 
lifting? we doing highest precision "work" with a mouse. More than 20% (G502 121gr) weight compared to a 100gr is a hugh difference.
I like 80gr mice, so the diffenrence is even greater.

Thinking about lifting: if you are able to bench press 100KG, 120KG is also a hugh difference too.

Weight is always a personal preference question. But 20% more of it is nothing I would easily adapt to it.

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #381 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 10:15:20 »
-- It is absolutely preposterous to say --  the mouse must be 100g and 120g will destroy your k/d R..

Then I suppose it's a good thing nobody argued that strawman. 

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #382 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 11:59:20 »

k finally took it out of the box. I like it so far, it took a few seconds to get used to the weird ass shape since the slope is more exaggerated and there isn't a higher place for my thumb to rest but i'm liking it so far, very light and good for finger grip. much better replacement for shell-less g9x
I love Elzy

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #383 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 13:56:28 »
@tp4tissue 
lifting? we doing highest precision "work" with a mouse. More than 20% (G502 121gr) weight compared to a 100gr is a hugh difference.
I like 80gr mice, so the diffenrence is even greater.

Thinking about lifting: if you are able to bench press 100KG, 120KG is also a hugh difference too.

Weight is always a personal preference question. But 20% more of it is nothing I would easily adapt to it.

Oh come on..  u can't compare the possibility of adapting to 20 grams vs 20kg..........  and gaming is actually very LOW precision work.. the way they market mice has convinced people of how "1337" they gotta be to game..  but in reality, The mouse input concept is one of very little precision requirement.

Offline Johan

« Reply #384 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 15:36:15 »

k finally took it out of the box. I like it so far, it took a few seconds to get used to the weird ass shape since the slope is more exaggerated and there isn't a higher place for my thumb to rest but i'm liking it so far, very light and good for finger grip. much better replacement for shell-less g9x

A worthy replacement?
Uh, stuff.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #385 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 17:02:48 »
has any one done the omron WMO mod.. ??  how is that.. is the travel distance problematic?

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #386 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 21:34:03 »

A worthy replacement?

eh maybe. will have to use it a little bit more to say
I love Elzy

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #387 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 22:01:37 »
Just got a new Ducky Secret RGB mouse and it is fantastic. I'm liking it much more than the G502 I was using previously.
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline CeeSA

« Reply #388 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 02:48:09 »
@tp4tissue
as expected no argument from your side.

You brought up lifting, so I catch it up to show you how useless your comment was. Gaming at PC has nothing to do with muscle power.

And a_ak57 is totally right, nobody talks about k/d r since you bring that in the talk.

@Omron WMO
yes, imo it's a good thing, no problems with anything

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #389 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 03:50:08 »
@tp4tissue
as expected no argument from your side.

You brought up lifting, so I catch it up to show you how useless your comment was. Gaming at PC has nothing to do with muscle power.

And a_ak57 is totally right, nobody talks about k/d r since you bring that in the talk.

@Omron WMO
yes, imo it's a good thing, no problems with anything

Lifting makes a huge difference..

Very generally

The more muscles prowess you have, the less likely it is that moving a small weight around will cause fatigue.

You can sustain optimal performance longer given the computer mouse, ONCE you've trained to work with a larger weight, dumbells..

Offline Eugene45

« Reply #390 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 13:18:02 »
Hello, someone one time linked a Cherry mouse switch something similar in size / form than a D2FC-F-7N20.
The thing that was clicked on was brown, and the switch was 120g in activation.
But i did not bookmark the link and lost it  :(.
Any chance someone know it ?

lmao, cut the French some slack, they gave you a big statue

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #391 on: Wed, 09 March 2016, 09:27:45 »
Does the ducky secret have a perfect sensor?

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #392 on: Wed, 09 March 2016, 09:36:43 »
It has the 3310, which is "perfect" enough for most but technically not the best sensor available (3366/3360).

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #393 on: Wed, 09 March 2016, 09:56:56 »
It has the 3310, which is "perfect" enough for most but technically not the best sensor available (3366/3360).

What's the difference?
If I'm running standard DPI options that is (I don't really need the extra software for the G502)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #394 on: Wed, 09 March 2016, 10:16:40 »

What's the difference?
If I'm running standard DPI options that is (I don't really need the extra software for the G502)

who's saying 3366/3360  is better ?

Logitech goes to extra step to tune and customize the behavior and performance of the sensor they use in their product.

They're a big company and can afford to do that..    Other companies like bitfenix, just click buy and stamp out mice with generic tunings and are woefully unrefined.

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #395 on: Mon, 14 March 2016, 21:22:06 »
http://www.ncix.com/detail/fnatic-gear-flick-optical-gaming-59-124551-2061.htm

Func (under the branding of Fnatic) is making a mouse with the 3310 as well.

I wonder how these mice perform.

The Ducky secret should be arriving soon.

Offline Coreda

« Reply #396 on: Mon, 14 March 2016, 21:42:46 »

Stumbled upon this impression over on Overclock.net while browsing on Google Images. Looks like a QC issue, since others have mentioned it's performing decently. I should read up on it.

Incredible disappointment. I'm new to this forum and I created an account solely for this reply. The mouse doesn't work with the software at all. It doesn't detect it apparently. Without the software it's locked to 125Hz, I think. Here --> http://i.imgur.com/WtqPmT0.png The sensor also seems to randomly stop working ALL THE TIME. Look at this --> http://i.imgur.com/qBpBeFT.png *** is wrong with the mouse! I'm consistent with the DA but when I try, and YES I'm trying, to draw spirals it buggers up somehow. I can't even explain this properly. It just acts so strangely. It also seems to have more smoothing than the DA but that's something I, personally, am not hindered by. Everything else about the mouse seems to be fine for the most part. The mouse feet are VERY noisey and the finish on the bottom of the mouse is very rough and horrible looking. It also has a cheapey-looking "Q.C Pass" sticker over the screw hole. Overall, not impressed AT ALL.

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #397 on: Mon, 14 March 2016, 22:58:56 »

Stumbled upon this impression over on Overclock.net while browsing on Google Images. Looks like a QC issue, since others have mentioned it's performing decently. I should read up on it.

Incredible disappointment. I'm new to this forum and I created an account solely for this reply. The mouse doesn't work with the software at all. It doesn't detect it apparently. Without the software it's locked to 125Hz, I think. Here --> http://i.imgur.com/WtqPmT0.png The sensor also seems to randomly stop working ALL THE TIME. Look at this --> http://i.imgur.com/qBpBeFT.png *** is wrong with the mouse! I'm consistent with the DA but when I try, and YES I'm trying, to draw spirals it buggers up somehow. I can't even explain this properly. It just acts so strangely. It also seems to have more smoothing than the DA but that's something I, personally, am not hindered by. Everything else about the mouse seems to be fine for the most part. The mouse feet are VERY noisey and the finish on the bottom of the mouse is very rough and horrible looking. It also has a cheapey-looking "Q.C Pass" sticker over the screw hole. Overall, not impressed AT ALL.

Show Image

Interesting review of sorts. I wonder how accurate such a test is.

Offline Bucake

« Reply #398 on: Tue, 15 March 2016, 01:31:50 »
i think you should not use the brush because it's not true 1:1 registration. i think the brush tool was designed to make smooth lines for you..
i was told to use the regular Pencil to get a true image of what movement is actually being registered.

nonetheless, there's an obvious difference between those flick and da results. maybe this was done on a hard pad? (the 3310 does not perform well on hard pad - at least, not as good as it does on cloth.)
125hz is too low for 2016, though. if it's a gamer mouse, ship it out with 500 at least.. 125 is not acceptable anymore, for a gaming mouse that is.

well if he's honestly trying to make spirals, then his results do show there's something not quite 100% there.
you can also see that his "spirals" for the flick seem very blocky, relative to the DA.
i read that the LOD is very high, so my guess is that the reviewer was using a hard pad, which can be an issue for the 3310.

reading through the Flick thread, some people do seem to like the mouse. but apparently there are some issues like jitter, and even pixel walk! and its LOD is extremely high, which is a big downside if you plan to play (FPS) games..

edit: i will certainly be passing on it, it just doesn't seem like a professional product to me. i see many complaints about the software and sensor performance. high LOD that you can not adjust, the need to install software to change polling rate.. i even read that the bottom part is dragging over the mouse mat for some because the mouse feet are not thick enough, lol. apparently the polling rate is not stable either, which is probably why they shipped it with 125hz in the first place. reports of lens rattle. and any mouse with pixel walk.. just stay away from it:
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 March 2016, 01:46:58 by Bucake »

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #399 on: Tue, 15 March 2016, 10:28:14 »
i think you should not use the brush because it's not true 1:1 registration. i think the brush tool was designed to make smooth lines for you..
i was told to use the regular Pencil to get a true image of what movement is actually being registered.

nonetheless, there's an obvious difference between those flick and da results. maybe this was done on a hard pad? (the 3310 does not perform well on hard pad - at least, not as good as it does on cloth.)
125hz is too low for 2016, though. if it's a gamer mouse, ship it out with 500 at least.. 125 is not acceptable anymore, for a gaming mouse that is.

well if he's honestly trying to make spirals, then his results do show there's something not quite 100% there.
you can also see that his "spirals" for the flick seem very blocky, relative to the DA.
i read that the LOD is very high, so my guess is that the reviewer was using a hard pad, which can be an issue for the 3310.

reading through the Flick thread, some people do seem to like the mouse. but apparently there are some issues like jitter, and even pixel walk! and its LOD is extremely high, which is a big downside if you plan to play (FPS) games..

edit: i will certainly be passing on it, it just doesn't seem like a professional product to me. i see many complaints about the software and sensor performance. high LOD that you can not adjust, the need to install software to change polling rate.. i even read that the bottom part is dragging over the mouse mat for some because the mouse feet are not thick enough, lol. apparently the polling rate is not stable either, which is probably why they shipped it with 125hz in the first place. reports of lens rattle. and any mouse with pixel walk.. just stay away from it:

I hope they don't make their pro fps players use this lol.
That's pretty sad and I had just finished watching a video from NCIX promotion about how "Fnatic must have made an amazing product because they own pro teams!" (even though that's not logical).