Author Topic: GMK 'Miami Nights' + CMYKv2 + spacebars: In Limbo/Unfulfillment  (Read 413258 times)

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
Re: GMK 'Miami Nights' + CMYKv2 + spacebars
« Reply #350 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 02:41:46 »
Hmm massdrop has some CMYK GMK modifiers up https://www.massdrop.com/buy/gmk-modifier-keys

Maybe we can convince people on there to get some Nights to go along with their modifiers? Or is that a big nono?

Massdrop generally do their own thing
+ they usually want a cut so it ends up being more expensive

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #351 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 02:53:36 »
Hmm massdrop has some CMYK GMK modifiers up https://www.massdrop.com/buy/gmk-modifier-keys

Maybe we can convince people on there to get some Nights to go along with their modifiers? Or is that a big nono?

I think he meant as a small promotion through the discussions, anyway, I've shared a link to this set after I read that

Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline sbot1101

« Reply #352 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 03:35:53 »

I think he meant as a small promotion through the discussions, anyway, I've shared a link to this set after I read that

Yep, this is what I meant. Some subtle hints dropped on that MD thread may push us over MOQ  :D

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #353 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 08:56:55 »

Great,  now I've ordered one each of those,  as well! 

I have never had any GMK keysets,  and now have orders for 3 full sets,  and 4 modifiers. I hope they are as good as everyone says  ;D

Offline filphil

• One day I hope to find a love like JD and Turk
« Reply #354 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 09:10:36 »

I have never had any GMK keysets,  and now have orders for 3 full sets,  and 4 modifiers. I hope they are as good as everyone says  ;D

After I tried gmk sets I've found three people selling gmk dolch and i bought all three... Over two weeks time

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #355 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 15:56:56 »

After I tried gmk sets I've found three people selling gmk dolch and i bought all three... Over two weeks time

No wonder there is no Dolch GMK's in circulation, you bought all of them :)

It would be great if this Uniqey would at least sell some GMK blanks, I also came across 4-5 Dolch opportunities but passed them as I can't seem to fill my special keycap slots with something satisfying
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #356 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 17:10:10 »
Got my Miami Nights shirt!

People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #357 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 18:28:10 »

How I imagine you with GMK Dolch

105046-0

Offline ShardZer0

« Reply #358 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 18:35:24 »

I ended up getting both sets on this MD buy as well, I also posted a link to this thread in the discussion area. I'm just going to keep posting the link every couple of days until the buy is over.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #359 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 10:33:08 »
Thanks for the advertising.
If nothing else, we are good to go on all spacebars. CMYKv2 is very close. Still need quite a few orders on the full set but we are making progress.

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #360 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 10:38:18 »
If nothing else, we are good to go on all spacebars. CMYKv2 is very close. Still need quite a few orders on the full set but we are making progress.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #361 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 15:22:31 »
Does this also include Taobao orders?

Offline FranksNewLiver

« Reply #362 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 17:19:09 »

On the last day of orders, if we haven't hit the MOQ would you be willing to update with specific numbers needed for any parts?

Offline korrelate

• iubeo stultum esse libenter
« Reply #363 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 19:19:22 »

On the last day of orders, if we haven't hit the MOQ would you be willing to update with specific numbers needed for any parts?

good point... if the full set doesn't make it I'm doubling up on the mod set.

Topre REALFORCE

Offline stillgray

• Twitter @stillgray
« Reply #364 on: Tue, 14 July 2015, 06:20:19 »
First timer here. I hope the full set order goes through.
Filco Majestouch Cherry MX Brown | Leopold FC750R Cherry MX Red | SteelSeries Apex M800

Offline db268

« Reply #365 on: Tue, 14 July 2015, 07:34:27 »
I only wanted one of those caps lock keys. If anyone is interested in selling one feel free to PM me  ;)

Offline NorrisB

« Reply #366 on: Tue, 14 July 2015, 17:30:04 »
what the point of buying the modifiers without the full set, can someone explain the logic?

Offline E3E

« Reply #367 on: Tue, 14 July 2015, 17:46:24 »
what the point of buying the modifiers without the full set, can someone explain the logic?

I'd imagine it's to mix and match with other sets.  :thumb:

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #368 on: Tue, 14 July 2015, 18:08:03 »
You can use it as moogle kit for your WoB 1800 set (at least that's what I'm doing).

Offline korrelate

• iubeo stultum esse libenter
« Reply #369 on: Tue, 14 July 2015, 22:08:57 »
You can use it as moogle kit for your WoB 1800 set (at least that's what I'm doing).

d*mn straight!  ;)Same here!

There's a ton of WoB sets out there, incomplete because they have incompatible modifiers!

Topre REALFORCE

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #370 on: Wed, 15 July 2015, 02:40:16 »
I will probably have to skip the main set, even if I manage to look past the side prints, or commit to erase them: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=73551
There is still the "E euro_icon" keycap that messes things up, for me :) - there is also the R4+R5 mix, a bit challenging considering non-standard layouts

On the other hand the CMYKV2 + spacebars are hard to miss - I'm also considering the main set just in case

Does the keycap color match the Dolch GMK modifiers? I couldn't find the color codes for the Dolch GMK

Offline Halvar

« Reply #371 on: Wed, 15 July 2015, 03:41:09 »

d*mn straight!  ;)Same here!

There's a ton of WoB sets out there, incomplete because they have incompatible modifiers!

Yup. For me, I have a German WoB set with G81 modifiers (off-center stems).

Offline geniekid

« Reply #372 on: Wed, 15 July 2015, 06:46:03 »
Does the keycap color match the Dolch GMK modifiers? I couldn't find the color codes for the Dolch GMK

No.  They match the black on *normal* WoB caps which are darker than Dolch modifiers.

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #373 on: Wed, 15 July 2015, 06:51:24 »
Good to know, I'm probably going to join too, might as well embrace the spanish side prints and double-shots of the keyboard as a theme, instead of regrets and watching others enjoy the set from the sides :)

Joining all GMK GB's makes some sense too

Offline rsadek

• raging keyboard monkey
« Reply #374 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 04:59:49 »
Whaaaaat no posts for 24hours?!!! Buuuuuump!

I'm still extremely excited about this set! It's going to amazing * amazing. Onward to MOQ!!!
❤️Keeboardz
---------------

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #375 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 06:25:22 »
Good to know, I'm probably going to join too, might as well embrace the spanish side prints and double-shots of the keyboard as a theme, instead of regrets and watching others enjoy the set from the sides :)

Not like you to pay close attention to the exceptionally fine details  ;D

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #376 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 09:31:12 »

Any chance to get an ISO enter included in the modifiers set? I know this question belongs to the interest check phase that is closed; but considering that some are buying that set alone, it makes sense to get one included.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #377 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 09:33:25 »

Any chance to get an ISO enter included in the modifiers set? I know this question belongs to the interest check phase that is closed; but considering that some are buying that set alone, it makes sense to get one included.

I think it will not be hard to find someone that won't be using his ISO enter and is willing to let it go.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #378 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 10:02:18 »

true :)

worst case scenario, the icon-less modifiers are impressive

I wonder the reasoning behind the spanish prints, I'm guessing there was a demand for such a set, this should be a dream come true for some people I guess

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #379 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 10:53:25 »

true :)

worst case scenario, the icon-less modifiers are impressive

I wonder the reasoning behind the spanish prints, I'm guessing there was a demand for such a set, this should be a dream come true for some people I guess
From IC thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=70463.msg1702217#msg1702217
Yes, of course Spanish fits the Miami theme as it is probably almost as widely spoken there as English. Spanish is also one of the largest spoken languages on the planet. It's also part of my larger plan of working through major languages. It's been very clear that there isn't enough support for dedicated doubleshot keys for various other language layouts on a cost to demand basis. Adding side pad printing however does not dramatically raise the price, while still offering legends besides US ANSI which I hope will further gain additional interest from those who use the respective layout daily. Eventually I would like to offer sets that have side printed German, Italian, French, Russian, and so on.

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #380 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 11:03:46 »
That's very enlightening thank you

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #381 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 11:13:01 »
That's very enlightening thank you
I like the additional pad prints. It adds a some flavor to the sets and Ivan said that it's pretty cheap. Also, side-prints don't wear out.
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 July 2015, 13:04:19 by wlhlm »

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #382 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 12:53:51 »

I think it will not be hard to find someone that won't be using his ISO enter and is willing to let it go.

Right, if the main set makes it, it would not be that hard to get one; but, if it does not?

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #383 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 06:07:50 »
Are we there yet?

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #384 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 08:13:52 »
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #385 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 10:21:08 »
CMYKv2 is good, still need about 50 more full sets.

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #386 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 10:52:23 »
Considering you said we were about 80% MOQ at the end of June:
Since we are still about 80% of MOQ, I am going to go ahead and extend the ordering period another month.
This leaves me very pessimistic, because it means basically zero new orders for the main set until now. :(

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #387 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 12:36:56 »
Considering you said we were about 80% MOQ at the end of June:
Since we are still about 80% of MOQ, I am going to go ahead and extend the ordering period another month.
This leaves me very pessimistic, because it means basically zero new orders for the main set until now. :(

There are probably last minute stalkers like me too

I just shipped my first GMK set, going to inspect them before committing for a new one

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #388 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 14:33:08 »
I think we have to step up our mockup game here. The GMK render looks really lame, especially the cyan.

Everyone with decent Photoshop-skills, please help me out!

Screw the GMK render, here's a better version:

Reallife examples taken from: https://i.imgur.com/94CxFfr.jpg

More examples: (original pictures stolen from around the forum)

(Original by Photoelectric, Source)

(Original by IvanIvanovich, Source)

(Original by MMB, Source)

What do you think about the mockups? Maybe we can add them to the OP.
« Last Edit: Sat, 18 July 2015, 15:02:28 by wlhlm »

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #389 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 14:43:48 »
I think we have to step up our mockup game here. The GMK render looks really lame, especially the cyan.

Screw the GMK render, here's a better one:
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Funny I wanted to put this up on my RS3, but these mixed profiles would drive me insane. :'(

Offline Blackhawk

« Reply #390 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 14:53:40 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Those are some very nice mockups. Great job!

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #391 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 14:57:54 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Wow these look great! If I'm able to sell a board in the next week I'll be placing an order for a second set. Or more...
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #392 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 14:58:00 »

This is what I live for. <3
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline lolpes

« Reply #393 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 15:00:53 »
Well guess this+electric bluegaloo do an awesome combo!

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #394 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 15:07:46 »

Would these legends and the elecric blue go? I hope so, I have an order of both!

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #395 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 15:13:55 »

Would these legends and the elecric blue go? I hope so, I have an order of both!

You mean cyan and blue? Not sure. It might work?
I could try shooting some keys in both colors side by side when I get home.
« Last Edit: Sat, 18 July 2015, 15:15:33 by JaccoW »
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline lolpes

« Reply #396 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 15:15:12 »
Maybe, no reason why it shouldn't ;) the only issue would be white legends on electric bluegaloo vs black caps on this :/

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #397 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 15:28:29 »
I totally missed the hmm cmyk mods gb earlier this year. Meh.

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #398 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 15:29:08 »
Maybe, no reason why it shouldn't ;) the only issue would be white legends on electric bluegaloo vs black caps on this :/

You mean cyan and blue? Not sure. It might work?
I could try shooting some keys in both colors side by side when I get home.

God no. Not only do the legends clash but the blue/cyan would too.
Nonono. This is like CMYK with dolch. Please spare my eyes.

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #399 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 15:30:09 »
I totally missed the hmm cmyk mods gb earlier this year. Meh.

I'm not trying to be nitpicky but it was CMYW.
WHITE not KEY.
CMYW is running on massdrop right now if you want it
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/gmk-modifier-keys

CMYK hasnt been run since ivan did it two years ago.

I'm only posting this because EVERYONE is calling them the wrong thing, and we really need to differentiate the two sets.